• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

D

Deleted member

Does this new Avatar show have a new main cast of characters?
It's said to be set 60 to 100 years after Korra and star an earthbender so likely yes. It'll be a Paramount Plus orignal though . It's all just roumors right now I think

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's said to be set 60 to 100 years after Korra and star an earthbender so likely yes. It'll be a Paramount Plus orignal though . It's all just roumors right now I think
So yeah, this show could get its main character in NASB2 if it's real and NASB2 comes out around the time that it airs.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Korra was fine. It was just that Nick royally screwed it over.
Ironically the way Nick screwed it over is by forcing it to have multiple seasons instead of just being a miniseries.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Ironically the way Nick screwed it over is by forcing it to have multiple seasons instead of just being a miniseries.
The way Nick screwed it was actually to basically banish it to the Nick website. I only ever saw Book 1 as a kid and I thought that it only had a single season until much later in my life.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
The way Nick screwed it was actually to basically banish it to the Nick website. I only ever saw Book 1 as a kid and I thought that it only had a single season until much later in my life.
They moved it to online because it was capturing mainly an older audience so they thought it'd do better there.

Where do I begin, the retcons, the disrespect on Aang's name, the shameless attempt at recapturing the magic of TLA instead of doing it's own thing
Also caving to the rabid shipping community, the steampunk setting killing a lot of the charm, Korra herself being either obnoxious or incompetent half the time, the many MANY major contrivances in the plot, a giant robot in the series finale, killing off Bosco offscreen, way too much stuff to list!

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I dunno what to think about these. Disregarding whether or not these are legit, I already think Squidward is overrated by the community, and that move does not fit the playstyle Patrick's meant to have.

Baysha

Smash Ace

I dunno what to think about these. Disregarding whether or not these are legit, I already think Squidward is overrated by the community, and that move does not fit the playstyle Patrick's meant to have.
Well it seems to be a super move from my guessing. And if it's handling supers like Smash, then it's pretty much not related to the rest of his moveset at all and just supposed to be an extra neat thing. Also GaminGryff's comparisson's between Squidward and Octodad honestly won me over to the Squidster even though I haven't played Fraymakers yet.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also GaminGryff's comparisson's between Squidward and Octodad honestly won me over to the Squidster even though I haven't played Fraymakers yet.
Trust me, me thinking Squidward is an overrated choice wasn't me saying "Squidward has no moveset potential", it was more like "NASB didn't invent Squidward not being playable"

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Where'd you find this, anyways?

I feel like Squidward and Patrick's rock would be pretty easy to fake, since Battle for Bikini Bottom recently got a remake with high quality models. I was tripped up by the wheelchair but for all I know that could be lifted from the Shady Shoals area. Gonna have to investigate that later. EDIT: There is a wheelchair in Shady Shoals, but it doesn't match up. Hm.

Also agreed, there were much more interesting Spongebob choices than Squidward.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

After the Krabs leak I'm gonna lean fake. But I'd definitely be cool with super moves

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I mean. Maybe the devs just wanna put Squidward in because they think he'd be fun. I don't think it's about having a "obvious choice."

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Or maybe Squidward's a genuinely beloved character who more than deserves the slot and not every character needs to be a goddamn Hugh pick?
Non-Squidward characters aren't "goddamn Hugh picks", like Plankton being the main antagonist

D

Deleted member

I've sent pepole speculating that this is from a sequal, but there's nothing really to support that

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Non-Squidward characters aren't "goddamn Hugh picks", like Plankton being the main antagonist
Whenever people say stuff like this they usually are those who think DoddleBob is a top tier pick... Either way, Squidward has loads of moveset potential and novelty since he isn't even playable that often. what's wrong with having him be playable? Plus he's, I don't know, the third most wanted character for the game...

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Dude, I would have taken Krabs or Plankton. Not every "isn't the main character" pick is a Hugh pick either.
Either way I don't get people's hate boner for Squidward... And I apologize if I overreacted, I've just seen so much "Hugh picks only" mentality that I'm feeling pretty cynical. Either way I shouldn't jump to assumptions.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Either way I don't get people's hate boner for Squidward... And I apologize if I overreacted, I've just seen so much "Hugh picks only" mentality that I'm feeling pretty cynical. Either way I shouldn't jump to assumptions.
I have some reasons for not wanting Squidward, and yeah admittedly part of it is my distaste for the modern day version of the character (though I could say that about any SB character), but also I feel like letting him beat up Spongebob ruins the joke, and I can see people who act like Squidward is this pitiable innocent victim being really annoying about that. Plus I really want Mr. Krabs after seeing all those Smash mods of him.

But hell, Squidward would probably have a really funny moveset so I'm not gonna lose sleep over it if he gets in.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I have some reasons for not wanting Squidward, and yeah admittedly part of it is my distaste for the modern day version of the character (though I could say that about any SB character), but also I feel like letting him beat up Spongebob ruins the joke, and I can see people who act like Squidward is this pitiable innocent victim being really annoying about that. Plus I really want Mr. Krabs after seeing all those Smash mods of him.

But hell, Squidward would probably have a really funny moveset so I'm not gonna lose sleep over it if he gets in.
I wanna se both Squidward AND Mr. Krabs! XD

D

Deleted member

If those leaks are real and from a sequal, I'm willing to bet the focus will be on adding to existing series. Zukos and Jimmys and the like. Though we'll still get some new series

I don't think they really, but we'll see

Last edited by a moderator:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
If those leaks are real and from a sequal, I'm willing to bet the focus will be on adding to existing series. Zukos and Jimmys and the like. Though we'll still get some new series
I'd be genuinely surprised if they don't use a sequel as an opportunity to bring in more obscure new series that wouldn't work as DLC.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
A sequel's still a few years off, as far as I know they haven't even finalized their engine yet (they were just looking into it as far as I'm aware). Hopefully the devs say something soon.

Top Bottom