• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

amageish

Smash Master
Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera arguably upstage Nick by themselves in terms of both legacy and consistent worldwide distribution... and that's before we consider Cartoon Network... and Warner Bros also causally has two of the highest-grossing fantasy worldsof all time in the form of Middle-earth and the Wizarding World... and also they own all of DC on top of that. Yeah, uh, Warner wins. Warner Bros even wins if you expand Nick to include all of Viacom-CBS' IPs (which primarily just adds Star Trek and Paramount Films).

That said, being more iconic isn't all you need to make an exciting fighting game. I think Warner Bros be held to a higher standard of character selection given the absurd amount of things they own and how even some of their "smaller" franchises have absolutely huge fanbases.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So are we legit out of stuff to talk about regarding Nick Brawl itself already?

Any word on when the consoles are gonna get the patches? Any hints on the Discord for when Garfield and Shredder are happening? Any crazy new tech discovered?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So are we legit out of stuff to talk about regarding Nick Brawl itself already?

Any word on when the consoles are gonna get the patches? Any hints on the Discord for when Garfield and Shredder are happening? Any crazy new tech discovered?
Nothing interesting has happened and there hasn't been any peep from anyone associated to the game worth of note recently.

Honestly, we're kind of running on fumes here.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
OK, so what are the ones NOT worthy of note?
The closest thing to that would be Nystrom saying how Nick contacted him.

Maybe it's a good time for anyone who has access to their Discord to ask if we can expect anything soon (I don't expect any reply that's less vague than "soon").

Last edited:

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
I love crossover games, so I'm so down for this leak

Also, THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT ADD SOMEONE FROM MUCHA LUCHA

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
OK, so what are the ones NOT worthy of note?
Uh, Rep said these pretty nuanced things about people holding off from buying the game until it has more content and is more polished.

1635121128809.png

1635121148856.png

Otherwise... Hitboxes are being fixed! That's nice!

Also, THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT ADD SOMEONE FROM MUCHA LUCHA
Oh goodness; that show is buried deep in my memories lol. It'd be neat to see the game get some deep cuts like that; my fear is that the theme being a "Warner Bros" crossover means that it'll be almost all big names with only more niche stuff being things like RWBY which fall into the "Wait, sorry, Warner Bros owns that?!?!" camp...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Uh, Rep said these pretty nuanced things about people holding off from buying the game until it has more content and is more polished.

View attachment 335643
View attachment 335644

Otherwise... Hitboxes are being fixed! That's nice!

Oh goodness; that show is buried deep in my memories lol. It'd be neat to see the game get some deep cuts like that; my fear is that the theme being a "Warner Bros" crossover means that it'll be almost all big names with only more niche stuff being things like RWBY which fall into the "Wait, sorry, Warner Bros owns that?!?!" camp...
Honestly, even Xiaolin Showdown stands more of a chance, but having Mucha Lucha representation would be nice regardless.

That said, Crews' latter statement is admittedly helpful and reassuring though (particularly the long haul part).

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, Glad to know people are talking about the Warner Brothers Fighting Game to get a discussion going there are pretty much nothing left to speak about since we're currently waiting in the dark for any news on the two characters and DLC.

Also, I'm surprised about what the roster had to offer, i was talking about this with my brother and we discussed all the possible series' they can use so almost all the characters we brought up are in the supposed list if it's part of the final roster.

I Honestly didn't think Johnny Bravo would be on there since i don't see him under the same levels of Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, Steven Universe, and Adventure Time on who from Cartoon Network would be in a Warner Brothers Crossover Game(LEGO Dimensions had Adventure Time & Powerpuff Girls out of the four i just mentioned) Perhaps Johnny might've been added over favoritism or something to make the roster seem interesting.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I'm personally pretty excited for a WB platform fighter soley because of the insane roster potential. Judging by the roster leaks, it looks like any popular franchise owned by WB is fair game. However, the most crazy realization of all is...
We can get Grinch leak 2.0, only this time with the actual Grinch as a character
a27d24_af75480bf1a0456dbfbf3f8535a6f86b_mv2.jpeg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, Glad to know people are talking about the Warner Brothers Fighting Game to get a discussion going there are pretty much nothing left to speak about since we're currently waiting in the dark for any news on the two characters and DLC.

Also, I'm surprised about what the roster had to offer, i was talking about this with my brother and we discussed all the possible series' they can use so almost all the characters we brought up are in the supposed list if it's part of the final roster.

I Honestly didn't think Johnny Bravo would be on there since i don't see him under the same levels of Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, Steven Universe, and Adventure Time on who from Cartoon Network would be in a Warner Brothers Crossover Game(LEGO Dimensions had Adventure Time & Powerpuff Girls out of the four i just mentioned) Perhaps Johnny might've been added over favoritism or something to make the roster seem interesting.
It's obviously not everyone in the base roster (if the leaked names are true), as 9ish characters would be puny for a game backed by a huge name, as opposed to Ludosity's Slap City.

One thing for sure is, it's anything goes and barely anyone's off the table for that one.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
A new platform fighter by Warner? Interesting at the very least. I just hope that they get a team with experience and knowledge on the genre because its way harder to make a good one than what it might seem.

I also have great news. I got a girlfriend of one of my friends to buy the game! She played the game this weekend with us and she plays a pretty mean Oblina.

amageish

Smash Master
I'm personally pretty excited for a WB platform fighter soley because of the insane roster potential. Judging by the roster leaks, it looks like any popular franchise owned by WB is fair game. However, the most crazy realization of all is...
We can get Grinch leak 2.0, only this time with the actual Grinch as a character
View attachment 335658
This has actually just happened in Fortnite, where the Grinch has been datamined as an upcoming character lol.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This has actually just happened in Fortnite, where the Grinch has been datamined as an upcoming character lol.
I'm not entirely sure what you are talking about as all of the Fortnite leak circles I look at haven't said anything related to the grinch.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I'm not entirely sure what you are talking about as all of the Fortnite leak circles I look at haven't said anything related to the grinch.
Whoops, sorry. I don't actually play the game myself and was just going off of what a friend relayed to me, but apparently it's a Reddit text leak that aligns with other things that have been coming true thus far claiming that the Grinch will be coming to Fortnite, not a datamine.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Whoops, sorry. I don't actually play the game myself and was just going off of what a friend relayed to me, but apparently it's a Reddit text leak that aligns with other things that have been coming true thus far claiming that the Grinch will be coming to Fortnite, not a datamine.
I'm a bit skeptical of this leak as that Twitter reply seems to be the only source for it as I have not seen it anywhere else and people asking for the source are linked to it. and some of the information in the leak is already false. but if that leak is real It would not shock me there have been a lot of legit leaks lately.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Question, why don't people use Cat stance with Catdog, they mainly use Dog stance
I actually mainly use Cat since I think both Hairball and his Strong Up Air are way better than Dog's. Grounded Neutral Strong is debatably worse, but even then, it can be used out of combos whereas Dog's really can't. I honestly feel like Cat is better than Dog and people are just sleeping on him because Dog's hitboxes look bigger.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Aaaaaand there goes my hype for the WB game.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Aaaaaand there goes my hype the WB game.
free-to-play
Welp, glad I wasn't getting my hopes up for this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The fact that the job description even highlights "in-store special offers" as a selling point tells us all we need to know, lmao. The studio being literally brand new is just icing on the cake.

The fact that Punch-Time Explosion might actually end up being more competent is incredibly sad.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
What a god damn shame honestly

This could have been something amazing or something at least competent like smash and All-Star Brawl, but now it's just going to be another microtransaction, in-game currency, money laundering scam mobile crap game that's gonna just happen to also be on consoles.

What a ****ing waste

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Aaaaaand there goes my hype for the WB game.
Oof. Well, the chances of this being good keeps dropping at a very alarming rate. Also, I hate Freenium. Why did it have to be Freenium?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I think the Warner game have a lot of potential. They just need a good and passionate team like Nick all stars have. The fact that it might be free screams a bit "lower budget" but does it mean it will be bad? We know Nick all stars was very low budget too. With good mechanics and a good starting roster I'm sure the Warner fighthing game might be good.

I've madfe a mockup roster for the game. It's hard to pick characters because there's so many possibilities and different franchises and esthetics.
248363695_591938275179355_3499745970076801011_n.png

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The Warner fighting game being freemium is both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand it allows for more people to check it out since y'know, it'd be free. On the other hand, Microtransactions and the potential for loot boxes are a thing. That said, I made my top 10 characters that I'd like to see in the game list yesterday and thought I would share it:
1. The Eds (Ed, Edd n Eddy)
2. A character from the Wizard of Oz
3. Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes)
4. Finn & Jake (Adventure Time)
5. Gilligan (Gilligan's Island)
6. Robotron Hero (Robotron 2084)
7. Stripe (Gremlins)
8. Austin Powers
9. Courage (Courage the Cowardly Dog)
10. Ruby Rose (RWBY)

As for Nickelodeon All Star Brawl, I still play it, but it has gotten a bit boring, mostly because I'm too used to using Lucy and Reptar and haven't tried the whole roster yet. Maybe I should give the characters I haven't played a go.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
It kinda stinks to hear the positive discussions for the Warner Brothers Game go down with so much negativity. I don't how to feel about this microtransactions stuff(and frankly i feel it's a bad thing) but that shouldn't bring the game down in it's entirety,
you know if they saw what Nick did then maybe they'll fix the game up to look good on launch.
I think the Warner game have a lot of potential. They just need a good and passionate team like Nick all stars have. The fact that it might be free screams a bit "lower budget" but does it mean it will be bad? We know Nick all stars was very low budget too. With good mechanics and a good starting roster I'm sure the Warner fighthing game might be good.

I've madfe a mockup roster for the game. It's hard to pick characters because there's so many possibilities and different franchises and esthetics.
Pretty Okay List, I don't see Johnny Bravo on here who was listed in the leak and i would have put a couple more other characters on here to make it look like a Warner Brothers All-Star Fighting.

amageish

Smash Master
I've enjoyed F2P multiplayer games before; I just hope that "Akin to Brawlhalla" is just referring to it being F2P with cross-platform support and not, like, focused on selling skins more then actually developing unique movesets for every character... If the devs are passionate, I could still see this being fun, but it's certainly not an optimism-inducing framing on the part of that insider.

The Warner fighting game being freemium is both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand it allows for more people to check it out since y'know, it'd be free. On the other hand, Microtransactions and the potential for loot boxes are a thing. That said, I made my top 10 characters that I'd like to see in the game list yesterday and thought I would share it:
1. The Eds (Ed, Edd n Eddy)
2. A character from the Wizard of Oz
3. Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes)
4. Finn & Jake (Adventure Time)
5. Gilligan (Gilligan's Island)
6. Robotron Hero (Robotron 2084)
7. Stripe (Gremlins)
8. Austin Powers
9. Courage (Courage the Cowardly Dog)
10. Ruby Rose (RWBY)

As for Nickelodeon All Star Brawl, I still play it, but it has gotten a bit boring, mostly because I'm too used to using Lucy and Reptar and haven't tried the whole roster yet. Maybe I should give the characters I haven't played a go.
I didn't realize Gilligan, Robotron, or Stripe were Warner Bros... Goodness; they own so many things...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Eh, as long as it isn't a mobile game that poorly imitates a console game (or, at the very least, not be Brawlhalla with a slightly bigger budget), it could still be fun if done right. Although it depends on how the pay is implemented (e.g. getting in-game currency for bonus stuff by either playing the game for free or forking out real cash to get it faster). Everything may be starting to look clearer when the actual announcement comes, since we're still missing info (like how the gameplay even looks).

Also, I remembered that WB owns The Mask, so he'd fit in with very little issue since he's practically a cartoon character.

Yeah, we really need actual new news for that soon. It's understandable that the DLC stuff hasn't actually been finished yet since the plans were set in motion at the last minute, but they can only distract people with base-game content tournaments for so long.

That being said, I think you'd have a ball with April and the Turtles.

Also, it saddens me to see articles pre-emptively dunk on NASB when it has yet to hit its stride yet.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...os-imitator-with-batman-gandalf-and-er-shaggy
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...rawler-with-fred-flinstone-gandalf-and-batman

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I didn't realize Gilligan, Robotron, or Stripe were Warner Bros... Goodness; they own so many things...
Yeah Warnermedia (the company that includes Warner Bros) own a lot of stuff. For reference, this Wikipedia article has a list of assets Warnermedia owns.

For the three mentioned characters, Stripe is from Gremlins (a WB movie). Gilligan's Island was a result of Turner acquiring MGM and then selling it, but keeping some of its assets (including the pre-1986 MGM library, the Popeye Cartoons, distribution rights to RKO Radio Pictures library, and, humorously, Warner's own pre-1950 library (including cartoons)). Robotron is because Williams (original developers also famous for games such as Defender) transferred rights to their Video Game franchises to Midway in 1996 (that same year Midway purchased Atari Games (not the actual Atari but a spin off corporation) which includes games such as Paperboy and Gauntlet). Warner Bros acquired the Midway library in 2009 and has used it in various game compilations and Lego Dimensions.

And with the merger with Discovery happening in the future, that adds a lot more potential properties (although I think the game will be out before the merger happens).

Last edited:
Top Bottom