• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Haven't you been "considering" this for weeks? Do it or don't, you aren't contributing to the thread by doing this "will I won't I" crap
I'm sorry. I’ll shut up about it and buy it. I just want someone to tell me the current state of the Switch port so I don’t wind up buying a barely functional game.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Warning Issued
I'm sorry. I’ll shut up about it and buy it. I just want someone to tell me the current state of the Switch port so I don’t wind up buying a barely functional game.
There's this thing called "looking at reviews"

I know damn well you have a reddit account. Ask there. Join the Discord, ask there, Look on GameFAQs. You'll be far more likely to get a response than with this fishing for responses crap

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
NASB2 Switch is currently functional, casual players will see barely anything wrong, BUT it has a habit of making the console heat up a little, some supers and victory animations have unpatched visual glitches that date back to launch, and it still runs at 30FPS.
There's this thing called "looking at reviews"

I know damn well you have a reddit account. Ask there. Join the Discord, ask there, Look on GameFAQs. You'll be far more likely to get a response than with this fishing for responses crap
I don't like Riley much either, but this is completely needlessly mean. He wasn't being intrusive or a broken record about this subject like he has been over other subjects, and unlike those matters this is a valid question.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
NASB2 Switch is currently functional, casual players will see barely anything wrong, BUT it has a habit of making the console heat up a little, some supers and victory animations have unpatched visual glitches that date back to launch, and it still runs at 30FPS.
OK. Thanks for telling me this.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I felt like having a go at imagining what NASB2's story mode would be like in NASB1.

1. Story characters: Clockwork and Vlad Plasmius are replaced by Really Really Big Man and Peaches respectively.
  2. Bosses: Sartana of the Dead and Shredder are replaced by Bebop & Rocksteady and Vlad Plasmius (Non-final boss)
  3. Enemies: Girl-Eating-Plant is replaced with Yokian (better connection to Hugh), Skeleton Bandito, Skeleton Ghost Warrior, and Twonkie are replaced by Conglom-O Business Lizard, Crooked Ninja Turtle Gang, and Robot Cat (Rugrats)
  4. Free vendors: Hugh is replaced by Jon Arbuckle, Frida is replaced by Arnold
  5. Paid vendors: Powdered Toast Man is replaced by Rancid Rabbit

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I felt like having a go at imagining what NASB2's story mode would be like in NASB1.

1. Story characters: Clockwork and Vlad Plasmius are replaced by Really Really Big Man and Peaches respectively.
  2. Bosses: Sartana of the Dead and Shredder are replaced by Bebop & Rocksteady and Vlad Plasmius (Non-final boss)
  3. Enemies: Girl-Eating-Plant is replaced with Yokian (better connection to Hugh), Skeleton Bandito, Skeleton Ghost Warrior, and Twonkie are replaced by Conglom-O Business Lizard, Crooked Ninja Turtle Gang, and Robot Cat (Rugrats)
  4. Free vendors: Hugh is replaced by Jon Arbuckle, Frida is replaced by Arnold
  5. Paid vendors: Powdered Toast Man is replaced by Rancid Rabbit
I was thinking that the villain should be Fire Lord Ozai, with Iroh filling Clockwork's role.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Zuko's coming within the next week. His alts have already been leaked anyways, along with Iroh's. So Iroh will most likely come after Zuko, with Rocksteady coming last.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Just on Xbox?

I imagine this means he's pretty close to release then.
That's a big fumble there don't you think?
Zuko's coming within the next week. His alts have already been leaked anyways, along with Iroh's. So Iroh will most likely come after Zuko, with Rocksteady coming last.
Sounds like he’s just there on the CSS screen but you can’t actually select and play as him yet.

How about Swifty and Shorty as a duo fighter.
Another good idea for representing that generation of Paramount, but I would still add more straight-up Nicktoon characters before delving into the Golden Age and the 60s. I'd want to add Terrytoons, 60s Paramount, Star Trek, and Betty Boop as much as the next guy on this site, but this is still a Nickelodeon fighting game.

But with Quiet on Set giving Nick's live-action a worse name than it already had before, perhaps stuff like Nick Jr. or other Paramount Global properties have a shot nowadays.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've been playing NASB1 with the voices off, after having played it with voices longer than I've played it without, and uhh... yep, I still fail to get why this was ever considered a dealbreaker. Was expecting it to feel uncanny and to go "how did I put up with this??", but nope.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I've been playing NASB1 with the voices off, after having played it with voices longer than I've played it without, and uhh... yep, I still fail to get why this was ever considered a dealbreaker. Was expecting it to feel uncanny and to go "how did I put up with this??", but nope.
1. It affected people's immersion of the game.
2. It made the game seem cheaper and more low budget than it already was.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Crazy/Bad Idea: In Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 3, Lucy gets cut and there won't be any Loud House characters.
Instead we get four Loud House stages:
  • The Loud residence returning from the first game.
  • Fairway University
  • Royal Woods Mall
  • Anywhere from The Casagrandes
Reaction?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Crazy/Bad Idea: In Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 3, Lucy gets cut and there won't be any Loud House characters.
Instead we get four Loud House stages:
  • The Loud residence returning from the first game.
  • Fairway University
  • Royal Woods Mall
  • Anywhere from The Casagrandes
Reaction?
i probably wouldn't react

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I just found out something interesting about NASB1 - one of Michelangelo's voice lines, "water balloon arm!" is actually a 2012 TMNT reference and not an 80s TMNT reference. I already knew that some of the TMNT voice lines were based on later iterations, but this one seems a lot more, specific I guess?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I just found out something interesting about NASB1 - one of Michelangelo's voice lines, "water balloon arm!" is actually a 2012 TMNT reference and not an 80s TMNT reference. I already knew that some of the TMNT voice lines were based on later iterations, but this one seems a lot more, specific I guess?
This can also be seen especially with Shredder.

Out of curiosity, but has the Most Wanted list changed since the four DLC fighters were announced? I'm not talking about cut veterans people want to see come back, as that's a can of Alaskan Bull Worms right there.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Out of curiosity, but has the Most Wanted list changed since the four DLC fighters were announced? I'm not talking about cut veterans people want to see come back, as that's a can of Alaskan Bull Worms right there.
These most wanted lists don't really "change" as much as they are inconsistent - they all have wildly varying (usually decreasing) poll sizes, rarely going past the triple digits, and aren't made by a single entity as much as just whoever wants to make a poll today, meaning the reach and what audiences participate depends greatly on the user hosting the poll's personal preferance for promotion

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Zuko's looking really good! I like how quick his general attacks are, and the sword mechanic looks like it'll be fun to play around with; I like some of the mix-up potential that it has.

Also, Zuko having what is essentially the Falcon Punch is pretty hilarious and awesome!

Also also, I love that his FS involves Sozin's Comet; that's pretty cool!

Also also also, I think the new VA is doing a pretty decent job from what I could hear, and while we already knew about this, it's still really cool that the Blue Spirit is one of his alts.

Finally, I powered my Switch on a few minutes ago and got an update saying that some downloadable content was downloaded and awaiting its release date. Sounds like Switch users aren't going to be waiting for him!

All in all, Zuko looks fun and I'm looking forward to trying him out!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Hello, Zuko here.
Zuko looks neat, but oh no he's a slow, short-ranged lightweight. I can't imagine I'll play him much because of that; slow neutral isn't my thing, and if my character can't zone or approach, I usually drop them and play someone else. (I recognize the irony of this considering I played G&W in Smash 4 and DDD in Ultimate.)

That said, I can't really see myself picking this game up again anyway. Not only did it take so long to get to anything resembling a finished state that the playerbase practically evaporated in that time, but even if the game were popular, I'm just not big on its mechanics. Movement in general feels a lot less good than in 1, especially wavedashing, and the game feels mechanically bloated in a way the first one didn't (RPS notwithstanding). There's like, 8 different ways to use meter, but most of them feel niche at best and outright worth ignoring at worst (has anyone ever used slime to reduce block damage??). I dunno, I guess I'm not sure what the "right" way to play is and it probably isn't for me anyway. I haven't felt much like playing platform fighters lately (except Rivals 2, that one slaps), and NASB2 unfortunately didn't do much to change that. This game lost me even quicker than the first one and that's something I did not imagine happening before it came out. A theoretical NASB3 would need to do a lot of heavy lifting to win me over, but even if that game gets made, it's clear that Nick just isn't interested in giving these devs the time they need, and that's a real shame.

Sorry to be a negative Nancy 'n' all, but if you wanna know why I haven't been gassing this game up as of late (other than the lengthy stretches of nothing happening), that's why.
still rather play it than smash tho

Last edited:
Top Bottom