• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Niagara Thread

Percon

Smash Lord
Hi everyone, I'm Percon and I'm one of the many people responsible for establishing a smash community in Niagara. We practice together quite often and we've had one major tournament already

We've got Biweekly tournaments going on now too, so if you're in the area, please come out and play!

Mr.Red

Smash Apprentice
me and my neighboor would be interested, we've been trying to find close tournements for awhile. we live in Welland.

Garet

Smash Rookie
me and my frien live in grimsby, about 20 mins away from st. catherines and are looking for sum new ppl to face.

Garet

Smash Rookie
lol there shouldnt be an age limit.dunno about other ppl, but i dont care how old ppl r .

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Yo whats up guys. I have 3 other fellow smashers probably looking to play other players then eachother. We all live in St Catharines. All in the Area of Lake meets Scott. If you guys are getting together send me a PM. I will try and bring my other three friends, we might be able to bring Gcs and TVs if needed.

Sorry if I seem or appear odd, its just that I have for what ever reason ignored this board for the longest time, so my I am "new" here, but I have been browsing here for years.

Percon

Smash Lord
Mkay, sorry about my summer absence, everyone. Work + No internet = Ow.

Anyway, I'm thinking about a smashfest in october, if everyone's interested. I'm not sure what date exactly, but I want to know when everyone can come. We also need to look for somewhere to meet.

EDIT: Date is October 20! Time is undecided, and so is location.

jr.lizardking

Smash Cadet
Hey I live in St. Catharines too , cool :). I definitely would come, i'm not the best smash player but i'm getting better, and it could be a fun time...

as far as location goes, one thing to do would be to check out the conference room of the Quality Hotel, my sister had a party there when she was younger, and i'm sure you could get it...just take a little bit of research.

Mr.Red

Smash Apprentice
sounds good, I'm not on Smashboards often so just keep me updated via P.M/email.

how many people would be in this thing so far? also I'll say right now I could supply a GC.

K

koka

This is great, I've been looking for an area closer to where I live. I'm just a casual smash player, but I'll come. Do you need help with getting any equipment?

Mr.Red

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure ill be going and I'll bring a GC too. just in case anyone was wondering I main Link (Red) does anyone else have any details they would like to share before the 20th?

Percon

Smash Lord
Good idea, let's get some conversation going to get us hyped.

Uh... I'm not too sure on who I main. -_- I just keep going back and forth between everyone and I really can't decide who I'm best with... though if I had to pick, it'd be Mario/Luigi/Jiggs. I don't think tiers should matter too much as I doubt any of us are Metagame level.

As for equipment... so far, not including everyone on the boards, I've got 2 Wiis to smash on and 1 TV and 1 projector. Maybe one N64 with the original SSB> I'm hoping for 4 game systems set up total... I'll have to figure that out. If you've got something that could be useful, bring it.

Oh, and CONTROLLERS. Bring any good ones you have.

I'm so exited! :D I'm guessing there'll be a good 20-something people there (I'm guessing that 5 peeps from smashboards can make it, plus my friends. Don't worry, not all my friends are that good. :p)

TJJ

Smash Cadet
uuhhh, I noticed you were trying to notify me about this, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it. I didn't really know how to get back to you on it (i barely go on this site anymore, and im never on this account when I am) so just send this account PM's so that I can read it on an e-mail instead if you need to. I can probably bring stuff.

Mr.Red

Smash Apprentice
ahh, I've just looked at the time. 6-11.

if this is the case that means I may have to leave a bit early I don't plan on staying much past 7 30ish.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Finnally, I was looking for this thread since Nate told me about it a couple days ago. I'm in, I'll pm right away.

I'm not sure who I'm gonna use in the tourny quite yet. As say4ct has experienced, I can use some pretty surprising characters.

T

Tourniquet

Hello. First and foremost I'd like to thank Max for getting the tournament in order. :) It was fun to see that many people turn out.

Btw: I was the dude that sat behind the laptop all night, Of which I was lured under false pretenses... I was supposed to play!!!

So, yea... I'd like to apologize for the tournament listings.. I'm always one for excuses, so I think it was the sheer volume of people coupled with Tournament software that failed to function properly that lead us to being in trouble.

However there is an ulterior motive I do seek some kind of Kudos for the team. which Percon was a part of, but it was his Dad, his Mother, a friend of mine and myself that ensured that the tournament carried on while he played.

I'm also looking for a players perspective on how to better organize a tournament of this volume. I enjoyed myself for the most part, food was a bit sluggish because the kitchen was busy and I know the "Upper Bracket" wasn't handled as best it could have been, which I am more than apologetic for. Aside from that, I'd be happy to see some kind of input from the players and see what I can get from it for, hopefully, the next time.

Thanks for your time.
~Tourniquet / Ayden

Miller

Smash Lord
Hello. First and foremost I'd like to thank Max for getting the tournament in order. :) It was fun to see that many people turn out.

Btw: I was the dude that sat behind the laptop all night, Of which I was lured under false pretenses... I was supposed to play!!!

So, yea... I'd like to apologize for the tournament listings.. I'm always one for excuses, so I think it was the sheer volume of people coupled with Tournament software that failed to function properly that lead us to being in trouble.

However there is an ulterior motive I do seek some kind of Kudos for the team. which Percon was a part of, but it was his Dad, his Mother, a friend of mine and myself that ensured that the tournament carried on while he played.

I'm also looking for a players perspective on how to better organize a tournament of this volume. I enjoyed myself for the most part, food was a bit sluggish because the kitchen was busy and I know the "Upper Bracket" wasn't handled as best it could have been, which I am more than apologetic for. Aside from that, I'd be happy to see some kind of input from the players and see what I can get from it for, hopefully, the next time.

Thanks for your time.
~Tourniquet / Ayden
Man I would have loved to see you rock the tournament :p

The only Real Problems were that we had limited space and that of the events at the end which resulted in people loosing some belongings, other then that, everyone did a wonderful job on organizing this tournament.

And instead of just organizing tournaments we can always just meet up at someones place and play smash there, Its alot of money to organize this, I dont even know how Max had that kind of money.

Percon

Smash Lord
Yes, all thanks and applause should go to Tourniquet and Stephanie. And my parents.

Maybe there won't be another tourney for a little while, but I'll def have some of you over just to play. You're pretty good, Miller, and I want to track down that Casey guy.

An idea I had for next time is that everyone has ONE controller that they carry around with them. Same for GH if we have that again (but should we?)

Bigger rooms, less people... yah. And an option for just cheese pizzas because many guys can't eat pork.

Miller

Smash Lord
Yes, all thanks and applause should go to Tourniquet and Stephanie. And my parents.

Maybe there won't be another tourney for a little while, but I'll def have some of you over just to play. You're pretty good, Miller, and I want to track down that Casey guy.

An idea I had for next time is that everyone has ONE controller that they carry around with them. Same for GH if we have that again (but should we?)

Bigger rooms, less people... yah. And an option for just cheese pizzas because many guys can't eat pork.
Forgot to thank everyone haha, Thank you guys.

And thanks Max, and Same, I know that his friend comes on these boards, so maybe we can find him, then ask him about Casey.

And yea, we should just have get togethers to smash it up.

If anyone wants to add me on msn its Milr.time@hotmail.com

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Great tournament. I was the black kid who main'd falco. I wasn't execting so many people, not to mention a good lot of great players. We should get together sometime and play. Btw, KC is a friend of mine. Our other friend Will couldn't come, he is better then KC and I.

One suggestion for future tournaments. No GH. x_x My head was hurting so much from that game blarring. Lmao, there was one kid there that didn't even play, all he did was play Halo 3...

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
LOL. That was a mind game for me until I faced you Xero. **** son, you got mad skill with that toe. GG. Miller, we should have played. Sucks I didn't get to play you. Theres always next time, HOPEFULLY.

XeroHarsh

Smash Journeyman
LOL. That was a mind game for me until I faced you Xero. **** son, you got mad skill with that toe. GG. Miller, we should have played. Sucks I didn't get to play you. Theres always next time, HOPEFULLY.

Lol I know, When I saw your face it almost looked like you **** yourself xD.

I'll be practicing way more, and be way better next time if we meet again *We probably will since I'm friends with Trevor and KC*

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
True eh. Sick, that would be awesome if my gang and I could play other people then ourselves, because we know each others play styles so well. Anyone have a big enough house to have some people over? I am in Thorold + my house is small, so its physically impossible for me to have people over.

Top Bottom