• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL: SAINTS WIN THE SUPERBOWLL congrats

Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Saints

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • Colts

Votes: 21 38.9%

• Total voters

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
yeah I was definitely surprised the Colts took it from the Jets, but I somehow just knew the Saints were gonna win, but it was SO CLOSE, OT and everything, just crazy. I am glad I'm not on Bourbon Street right now, it's a mad house down there.

Go Saints!

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm so sad Brett Favre didn't get the win. Poor guy. Close game though. They overturned the ball too much. Go Saints.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Jets looked like they belonged in the superbowl towards the end of the first half.

Then Peyton Manning scored that quick TD and the Jets looked like a team that didn't belong in the playoffs in the second half.

Colts are winning the superbowl.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
cool story bro.

anyways changed the title of the thread lol

I believe the Saints have a good chance in winning since they have a nice defense and could be able to get Peyton Manning off guard somehow but the Colts also have a nice defense so this should be a close but i hope the "who dat nation" to win the superbowl

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Saints are anti aerial, Colts are very aerial. However because the Saints are going against a majority aerial team and expect throws 9/10 times (which is not a bad thing) but does leave them vulnerable to a surprise run despite the fact the Colts have the worst running game in the league. I'm expecting a very interesting game.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Dear, lord. My Facebook exploded during the game and especially after.

If the Saints win, I expect a state holiday to be announced. So many people took off work today from partying.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
The Saints have a solid secondary, but I mean no secondary is a complete shutdown, they'll probably double on Wayne, put a safety on Clark, but that's going man to man on Garcon and Collie again and that did not turn out well for the Jets. The Saints have been roughing up QBs with the rush, but I don't expect much of that against the Colts. The Saints have their high flying offense of course, and the Colt D is opportunistic and quick but even if the Saints put up a lot of points, Manning is just a force of nature and can orchestrate comebacks.

I love Drew Brees and the Saints, but I'm a bigger fan of Peyton, going with the Colts.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Vikes gave the game away. Saints didnt win.
Pft, bs, -neither- team were on their a-game. I'll give props to Viking's TE Visanthe Shiancoe, man's got incredible hands... definitely gelled with Favre this season.

Saints' 3rd down conversions all a wash, no excuse there.
Vikings' fumbles atrocious... peterson, bush...

Favre's interception didn't help, though it's clearly not the only factor in their loss...
Vikings displayed better passing yardage but Saints displayed awesome punt returns.

Nah, this was a close game all around. The only real gripe MN should have is with the OT, as if the refs went home early. MN caught no breaks, and the Vikings D was out of gas. This was still a Saints victory, and they more than earned it.

Peeze

Smash Master
Everything you said proves my point. Vikings were better statistically in almost every single category and blew the game. Just think, Saints got 5 turnovers from us and still needed OT to win by only 3 points.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Colts are very clutch. They can still play well when behind and under pressure, and this season that's worked well for them. I'm a fan of Brees, and I won't be disappointed if the saints win, but I think the Colts have an edge.

Peeze

Smash Master
Another tidbi8t to show Vikes got screwed:
Saints DE Bobby McCray got fined 20k for an illegal hit on Favre which should've been called as a 15yrd penalty which would've put vikings in the end zone, negating the pick favre threw on that play.
In other words, NFL is rigged.
I said it.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Brees can throw for however far he wants to, but Manning works extremely well during the Second Half.

Also, the Saints defenses, while good have been a bit careless lately.

Basically, whichever QB can get on top during the first half is secure with an edge.

-Terywj

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Peeze brought the point I wanted to make.

Jets were the best. Then came Peyton. The Saints only hope is to blow open the scoreboard. While they can do that, the Colts are the better team, and they've got the best QB in football.

Also, I didn't get to comment before, but the Vikings were clearly the better NFC team. And then they choked. So **** hard. And then they got robbed in OT. So **** hard.

Long story short, the Vikings LOST the game, the Saints didn't win. That OT was a joke though. A bull pass interference, a veeerrry questionable first down run(he didn't make it), and a really tough call on whether that catch really was a catch.

But like I said, the Vikings wouldn't have gone to OT if they didn't drop the ball umpteen million times. The Saints won the turnover battle, which is how they win most of their games.

And ugly or not, they're in the Superbowl. And so are the Colts. One more week, so get hyped folks. It should be a good one.

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
The Saints will win. 3 reasons why:

1) They have a better running game, both teams have amazing QBs and recievers, but a run game is key and the Saints are statistically better at running the football.

2) They have a better pass defense, Darren Sharper is one of the best safeties and will never take his eyes off Manning. And the Saints front 7 will blitz at least 5 every time and will put pressure in Manning's face

3) They have better special teams, Reggie Bush is an amazing punt returner so the Colts could be in trouble if they have a 3 and out, and the coverage teams haven't really allowed anything big all season

Any way you look at it, it will be a good game and it should be really fun.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
To tell the truth, I thought the dolphins would make it.

Theres always next year....... yeah right

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! The dolphins are a joke XD

Peeze

Smash Master

1) They have a better running game, both teams have amazing QBs and recievers, but a run game is key and the Saints are statistically better at running the football.

2) They have a better pass defense, Darren Sharper is one of the best safeties and will never take his eyes off Manning. And the Saints front 7 will blitz at least 5 every time and will put pressure in Manning's face

3) They have better special teams, Reggie Bush is an amazing punt returner so the Colts could be in trouble if they have a 3 and out, and the coverage teams haven't really allowed anything big all season

You fail. Period.

1) Vikings had a better ground game than the Saints, still lost.
2) Incorrect. Colts ranked 14th against the pass Saints ranked 26th. Even if your statement was true the Jets had a better pass defense than the colts and still lost.
3)Special teams does not make you a champion. Ask the Browns.

Both teams are unbalanced sucky teams, that rely heavily on H.O.F. caliber QB's. Its just gonna come down to which QB can light it up more.

EDIT: With that said, i vote for the Saints. lol

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
Saints...!?!? REALLY!?!?
Peyton Manning is THE best quarterback in the NFL. He will go down as one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, if not the best pure passer (yes over marino.) The saints have no chance against the colts. Even with the Colt's 32nd running game in the league they put up amazing numbers on Offense. Saints D will be picked apart.
I'd put a mill on that.
Colts Win 38-21

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan

1) The Colts have a much better run defense though... And the Colts don't run the ball, that's for sure, but they run it enough to keep you honest. Look for several draw plays straight up the middle for 8 yards easy.

2) Saints have a better secondary by far, but they can't pressure the QB, and that leads to more passing yards. Darren Sharper's good, but Reggie Wayne got off of Revis island a couple times. Also, blitzing Peyton is a hell of a double-edged sword. He's the best in the league at reading the defense, and he will light you up if you blitz. On the topic of pass defense though, I wouldn't be surprised if there's 2 passing touchdowns over 50 yards for the Saints. The Colts DB's seem to get lost at least once a game, and Drew Brees is too good for that to happen again.

3) I'd make the point that anyone is in trouble with a 3 and out, and I agree that the Colts aren't exactly a threat to run one back... So definitely advantage Saints in this aspect. That said, I don't know which Reggie Bush will show up to this game. I expect him to fumble once in the game from heightened emotions, but I really hope he doesn't fumble another punt. That's a killer mistake.

But I'm just throwing up some topics for discussion. Always fun to guess, but we'll all find out soon enough. You've got the right idea SLIM: This should be a good game.

I've got the Colts beating the Saints, 31-24

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I'm going with Indy as well. Manning is a beast and he'll figure out a way to get around that New Orleans defense. The Saints can win this game and have a chance to but it's going to be tough. I don't have any statistical data to back this proposition up. I'm just going on gut feeling. If the Colts got by both the Ravens and Jets defenses I don't know how the Saints defense is going to be any different. The Colts defense however is going to go up against the best offense they've seen all playoffs. Will it come down to which QB plays better? I don't know, I just want to watch some talented, skilled, terrific football. The two teams that make the Superbowl should be the best and that's what I want to see.

Getcha Popcorn Ready. I've got 3 bags of Pop Secret stashed in my kitchen cupboard.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Anyone remember back in the day, when Payton was the quarterback for the colts, but they were the worst team in the league. and you'd see highlights of manning throwing amazing passes, but the rest of the team was garbage so they got stomped anyways.

well I remember

Peeze

Smash Master
Anyone remember back in the day, when Payton was the quarterback for the colts, but they were the worst team in the league. and you'd see highlights of manning throwing amazing passes, but the rest of the team was garbage so they got stomped anyways.

well I remember
Peyton.

And how many times did that happen? like his first 2 seasons.

EDIT:awesome Tecmo bowl reference. i wasted many summers on that game.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Oh when the saints!
Oh when the saints!
Oh when the saints come marching in!

I wanna be even drunker!
Because the saints are gonna win!

What a weekend lined up.
Smackdown on Friday,Rugby 6 nations and UFC on Saturday,then more rugby and Superbowl on Sunday.

Top Bottom