• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
What is this?
This is an inner monolog referencing memories of the debate on how to pronounce "Bubble Man's power when Mega Man kills him".

As to why did I say it?

Cause that'd be sick sie bee yo

Drip diJung! Drip..... parry Drip....

diJung!

(what's THAT?)

The sounds Bubble LED make when it comes out Drip-sound... Then if it hits you get a diJung! Sound Is a two part the di-sound is the molecular adhesion the Jung! Is the solidified material and if you don't defend right you're frozen for a bit.

Last edited:

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace

Obligatory text here just so I don't get marked for spam.
Nah, I said this before and I will say again. If this dude just comes back to community like it was nothing doing videos and community welcomes him with open arms, It just proves that Nintendo has the worse community in gaming, if not probably top 5 in media.

Only here can a criminal can walk back like it's nothing.

This is an inner monolog referencing memories of the debate on how to pronounce "Bubble Man's power when Mega Man kills him".

As to why did I say it?

Cause that'd be sick sie bee yo

Drip diJung! Drip..... parry Drip....

diJung!

(what's THAT?)

The sounds Bubble LED make when it comes out Drip-sound... Then if it hits you get a diJung! Sound Is a two part the di-sound is the molecular adhesion the Jung! Is the solidified material and if you don't defend right you're frozen for a bit.
Dude, are you sure that bubble Man joins the Roster.
My vision shows that he could be perfect Assist Trophy.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Nah, I said this before and I will say again. If this dude just comes back to community like it was nothing doing videos and community welcomes him with open arms, It just proves that Nintendo has the worse community in gaming, if not probably top 5 in media.

All this makes me a little embarrassed to be a Smash fan. I even used to talk with a popular Smash modder back in the day that is basically in the same situation. When I found out what happened, I unfriended him on Discord and won’t talk to him again. I don’t know what it is about Smash that attracts these kinds of people. That said, I don’t know all the details about ZeRo’s situation or if he was even proven guilty but if he did what he is being accused of, I don’t think he should be welcomed back.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Eggman wasn’t one of my most wanted but I’d have been happy to see him. I’d love to get some more Genesis era Sonic music in Smash and id be especially hyped for Chemical Plant Zone.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
All this makes me a little embarrassed to be a Smash fan. I even used to talk with a popular Smash modder back in the day that is basically in the same situation. When I found out what happened, I unfriended him on Discord and won’t talk to him again. I don’t know what it is about Smash that attracts these kinds of people. That said, I don’t know all the details about ZeRo’s situation or if he was even proven guilty but if he did what he is being accused of, I don’t think he should be welcomed back.
If memory serves, he wasn't accused of doing anything outright illegal, but just being generally pretty ****ty to some women in the scene. Either way, it really isn't that good a look if people are welcoming his return with open arms.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
If memory serves, he wasn't accused of doing anything outright illegal, but just being generally pretty ****ty to some women in the scene. Either way, it really isn't that good a look if people are welcoming his return with open arms.
I read somewhere that he was asking a 14 year old girl to send him a video performing a sexually explicit activity. I have no idea whether that’s true or not. You can’t believe everything you see on the internet. I generally try not to pay too much attention to stories like that because I don’t want to jump to conclusions if I don’t actually know whether it’s true.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Unfortunately, some may welcome him back, without thinking about it at all and not knowing what he did was not okay. I am sure plenty of people will see through what he said and are smarter to know how bad what he did was. Regardless, ZeRo does not deserve to come back to this community. His wanting to come back shows how desperate he is to do so, I believe.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
i find it strange that Spirit Track Link didnt become alt skin for :ulttoonlink:

They did put effort into upgrading his model but why not just turn him to alt skin as well if they have the model ready?
Maybe to keep options open for future toon link? By boxing then together it could commit to a path they wish to avoid. I'd love a link that uses that nifty flatten into the wall move lol.

Edit

Hey!

Listen!

God I hated that thing.

Yoooo post here about that Zero noise pls and ty

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, some may welcome him back, without thinking about it at all and not knowing what he did was not okay. I am sure plenty of people will see through what he said and are smarter to know how bad what he did was. Regardless, ZeRo does not deserve to come back to this community. His wanting to come back shows how desperate he is to do so, I believe.
Hey, so you all remember when you all said the same thing about Nairo?

Remember when Nairo made an apology and left for months?

Remember when he was banned from tournaments and lost his Twitch?

Yeah, me too. I also remember when someone came out with tons of evidence that he was the real victim, and no one cared or paid attention. I even brought it up on the forums, and everyone glossed over it, happy to just label him a predator and not know the truth.

Suddenly, he came back, and look at how many people changed their goddamn tune then? He's still banned from tourneys and Twitch by the by. So happy Twitch has the time to pay and promote ear-licking super-self-sexualizing women and hottub content but can't unban a guy who was framed as a child predator.

Zero is doing the EXACT. SAME. THING.

He's coming back to make content. He's claiming that what happened is mostly fabricated or twisted facts. He's saying he gave up and left the internet and social media and said what people wanted him to say because he felt like he had no choice, and that he almost ended his life multiple times because of the pressure. He's saying he's just going to move on and let the legal work be legal work.

Add onto this that other people like Technical have done a lot of digging to all but exonerate him from most of the claims and other credible and decent people like Nux Taku are also backing this up is proof enough to me that he's either innocent in whole or enough that his mistakes of six years ago not only aren't enough to put him in legal trouble but also that he's massively changed since then.

Now add in that MANY allegations were proven completely false during that time period, many more were blown out of proportion or not properly explained by both sides of the story, and that allegations were made during that time to people outside of Smash and the FGC that were also completely made up? Yeah, I'm gonna have to side with him until further notice. Innocent until proven guilty by the court of law and all, not the court of public opinion.

So, while other people try to pretend that he's evil and doesn't deserve the right to live or make content on his favorite game, I'm going to go back to watching his content and laughing at how stupid goofy he is.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Yeah, me too. I also remember when someone came out with tons of evidence that he was the real victim, and no one cared or paid attention. I even brought it up on the forums, and everyone glossed over it, happy to just label him a predator and not know the truth.

Suddenly, he came back, and look at how many people changed their goddamn tune then? He's still banned from tourneys and Twitch by the by. So happy Twitch has the time to pay and promote ear-licking super-self-sexualizing women and hottub content but can't unban a guy who was framed as a child predator.

He's coming back to make content. He's claiming that what happened is mostly fabricated or twisted facts. He's saying he gave up and left the internet and social media and said what people wanted him to say because he felt like he had no choice, and that he almost ended his life multiple times because of the pressure. He's saying he's just going to move on and let the legal work be legal work.

Add onto this that other people like Technical have done a lot of digging to all but exonerate him from most of the claims and other credible and decent people like Nux Taku are also backing this up is proof enough to me that he's either innocent in whole or enough that his mistakes of six years ago not only aren't enough to put him in legal trouble but also that he's massively changed since then.

Now add in that MANY allegations were proven completely false during that time period, many more were blown out of proportion or not properly explained by both sides of the story, and that allegations were made during that time to people outside of Smash and the FGC that were also completely made up? Yeah, I'm gonna have to side with him until further notice. Innocent until proven guilty by the court of law and all, not the court of public opinion.

So, while other people try to pretend that he's evil and doesn't deserve the right to live or make content on his favorite game, I'm going to go back to watching his content and laughing at how stupid goofy he is.
You do you, then. Still, whatever ZeRo did, can't be anything good.

I remember hearing Sakurai did not want a competitive scene in the Smash games. Now I don't blame him, for he must be embarrassed that not only there is one, which was inevitable, by the way, but he has to see the news about what some do in the competitive Smash community.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
If you had to choose 5 RPG characters and 5 fighting game characters and 5 platformer characters to have them playable in smash who would you choose?
RPG:

1) Zegram Ghart (Rogue Galaxy)
2) Magus (Chrono Trigger)
3) Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts)
4) Shionne (Tales of Arise)
5) Gengar (Pokémon)

Fighting:

1) Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
2) Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
3) Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
4) Susanoo (Blazblue)
5) Vega (Street Fighter)

Platformer:

1) Goomba (Super Mario)
2) Pharaoh Man (Mega Man)
3) Zero (Mega Man X)
4) Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
5) Bugzzy (Kirby)

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

...the **** does any of this have to do with Smash 6 speculation?

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
The thing with ZeRo cropping back up into the news cycle and even making his way into dicussion here is telling me a lot of things I already knew about ZeRo. My main takeaway is we really need to remove Technicals from this community. He's been a regular jerk for ages and now he's just enabling this stuff. That or we all just need to collectively ignore Technicals to deplatform him.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, I am thinking a new Sonic character is long overdue...

EDIT: Edited some parts out because a mod said it was time to get back on topic.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
If you had to choose 5 RPG characters and 5 fighting game characters and 5 platformer characters to have them playable in smash who would you choose?
5 RPG:
-Monster Hunter
-Chosen Undead
-Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell
-A Phantasy Star character
-Isaac

5 Fighting Game:
-Nightmare
-Chun-Li
-Sol Badguy
-Scorpion/Sub-Zero
-Morrigan

5 Platformer:
-Dixie Kong
-Crash Bandicoot
-Dr. Eggman
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Shovel Knight

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
FF9 prolly Z or G
FF13 Lightning or Snow
FF10 Bunny Girl
DQ8 Such a pity!
FF3(6) ahem. There's SAND on my boot!

King
Scorpion
Fulgore
Chun Li
Akira

Rygar
Orpheus
Karnov
Arthur
Ryu H

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Fighting Games:
Ryu Hayabusa [Dead or Alive]
Morrigan [Darkstalkers]
Nightmare [Soul Calibur]
Nakoruru [Samurai Shodown]
M. Bison [Street Fighter]

Platformers:
Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
Arthur [Ghosts ‘n Goblins]
SV-001 Metal Slug [Metal Slug]
Bub/Bob [Bubble Bobble]
Shantae [Shantae]

RPGs:
Crono [Chrono Trigger]
Estelle Bright [Legend of Heroes]
Vyse [Skies of Arcadia]
Ichiban [Yakuza]
Geno [Super Mario RPG]

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
RPG:
Neku (TWEWY)
Frisk or Papyrus (Undertale)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Porky (EarthBound)
Zidane (Final Fantasy IX)

Platformer:
Quote (Cave Story)
Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
The Knight (Hollow Knight)
Madeline (Celeste)
Shovel Knight

Fighting:
Lina (Blade Strangers)
Any of the quadruped characters from Them's Fightin' Herds
I don't play other fighters lol

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
In no particular order...

RPG:
1. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
2. Terra (Final Fantasy VI)
3. Isaac (Golden Sun)
4. Edelgard (Fire Emblem)
5. Agumon (Digimon)

Fighting games:
1. Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
2. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
3. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
4. Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
5. Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)

Platformers:
1. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
2. Conker (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
3. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
4. Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
5. Rayman (Rayman)

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
RPG Characters
  • Chosen Undead (Dark Souls, Bandai-Namco)
  • Dragonborn (Elder Scrolls, Nintendo)
  • Toxicitry (Pokemon, Nintendo)
  • Next Xeno 3 protagonist (Xenoblade, Nintendo)
  • Isaac (Golden Sun, Nintendo)

Fighting Characters:
  • Chun-Li (Capcom, Street Fighter)
  • Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter, Sega)
  • Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear, Ark System Works)
  • Scorpion (Mortal Kombat, Warner Bros)
  • Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat, Warner Bros)

Plattforn Characters:
  • Dixie & Kiddy Kong (DK, Nintendo)
  • Crash (Crash Bandicoot, Activision)
  • Rayman (Rayman, Ubisoft)
  • Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby, Nintendo)
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden, Koei-Tecmo) [does it count?]

Last edited:

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
I always seem to pop into this thread at the weirdest times. Anyway, back to actually discussing the next Smash game.

RPG
Ichiban Kasuga from Yakuza 7 Like a Dragon
Mallow from Super Mario RPG
Tifa Lockhart from Final Fantasy 7
Yu Narukami from Persona 4
Frisk/Chara from Undertale

Fighting game
Chun li from Street Fighter
Mai Shiranui from King of Fighters
Twintelle from ARMS
Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers
Fishbunjin 3000 from Slap City

Platformer
Crash Bandicoot from Crash Bandicoot
Rayman from Rayman
Klonoa from Klonoa
Conker the squirrel from Conker's Bad Fur Day
Hat Kid from A hat in Time

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
RPG Characters
  • Crono (Chrono Trigger)
  • Geno (Super Mario RPG)
  • Hero (Dragon Quest1)
  • Nahobino (Shin Megami Tensei V)
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)

Fighting Game Characters:
  • Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
  • Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
  • Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
  • Jin Kazama (Tekken)
  • Kasumi (Dead or Alive)

Platform Characters:
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  • Bill Rizer (Contra)
  • Lance Bean (Contra)
  • Rayman (Rayman)
  • Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins)

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
JRPG
1. Cless (Tales of Phantasia)
2. Primrose (Octopath Traveler)
3. Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei)
4. Mallow (Super Mario RPG)
5. Deoxys (Pokemon)
Fighting Game
1. Ragna (Blazblue)
2. Glacius (Kilelr Instinct)
3. B.B. Hood (Darkstalkers)
4. Shao Khan (Mortal Kombat)
5. Wolverine (Marvel vs. Capcom)
Platformer
1. Bonk (Bonk's Adventure)
2. Joe & mac (Cavemen Ninja)
3. Alex Kidd (Alex Kidd in Mirage World)
4. Madeline (Celeste)
5. Scrooge McDuck (Ducktales)

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
RPG Characters
  • Crono (Chrono Trigger)
  • Geno (Super Mario RPG)
  • Hero (Dragon Quest1)
  • Nahobino (Shin Megami Tensei V)
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)

Fighting Game Characters:
  • Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
  • Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
  • Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
  • Jin Kazama (Tekken)
  • Kasumi (Dead or Alive)

Platform Characters:
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  • Bill Rizer (Contra)
  • Lance Bean (Contra)
  • Rayman (Rayman)
  • Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins)
For some reason, I never considered Contra to be a platformer but I guess it kind of is. Bill and Lance would definitely be in my top five in that case.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Oh this one's actually pretty fun!

RPG Characters
Crono
Commander Shepard
Black Mage
Dragonborn
Paper Mario

Fighting Game Characters
Chun-Li
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Morrigan Aensland
Nightmare

Platformer Characters
Rayman
Alucard
Hayabusa
Shovel Knight
Lara Croft

Does Tomb Raider count as a 3D platformer? The line between 3D platformer and action-0adventure game is blurry, but you definitely need to land a lot of jumps in that franchise.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So, I am thinking a new Sonic character is long overdue...

EDIT: Edited some parts out because a mod said it was time to get back on topic.
Le shill

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'd honestly give Sonic 2 reps next game like how they gave Metroid the love with a new rep and maybe an Echo sidepiece.

So basically, Knuckles/Eggman/Tails/idk, not my internet war/Charmy the Bee with a Shadow echo.

And goddamn, fix Sonic. Just fix him. Overhaul him. Just stop giving him two specials that are the same with different hitbox properties.

Last edited:
Top Bottom