• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Ivander

Smash Legend
I’d love to see a pirate character or a samurai character in Smash. There are probably more pirate characters among my favorites in gaming but I think both styles would make for awesome characters in Smash.
looks at Tetra and Takamaru
Although technically, K. Roll is part-pirate, but then again, he's also part scientist and part boxer too.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
looks at Tetra and Takamaru
Although technically, K. Roll is part-pirate, but then again, he's also part scientist and part boxer too.
True about K. Rool. I voted for him on the Smash ballot so you’d think I’d remember him when thinking about a pirate lol. Still, the more the merrier I always say.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
So, we talking pirates now?

If so, what are your thoughts on Captain Syrup from Wario Land, everyone?
I’ve never played the game but her design is fun enough so I’ll take her. There are quite a few pirates I’d personally want to see first but I certainly wouldn’t complain. Besides just the ones I pictured above, there’s also Miss Fortune from League of Legends and Risky Boots from Shantae that come to mind. My top two most wanted are Zegram and Gan Ning but it would take a miracle for either to ever be considered. The others would be awesome too.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I’ve never played the game but her design is fun enough so I’ll take her. There are quite a few pirates I’d personally want to see first but I certainly wouldn’t complain. Besides just the ones I pictured above, there’s also Miss Fortune from League of Legends and Risky Boots from Shantae that come to mind. My top two most wanted are Zegram and Gan Ning but it would take a miracle for either to ever be considered. The others would be awesome too.
That is fine.

Thing is, I am not sure if she has a lot of moves from the games she was in that she could use. Nothing Sakurai can’t handle though, right?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
That is fine.

Thing is, I am not sure if she has a lot of moves from the games she was in that she could use. Nothing Sakurai can’t handle though, right?
If Sakurai could manage to make movesets for Fox, Captain Falcon, Villager, Duck Hunt, and Wii Fit Trainer, I don’t think there’s much to worry about in that department regardless of the character lol.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I’m a Pokemaniac, not a psychopath.

Though, full disclosure, I'm still missing Meltan and Melmetal, because I don't play Go and you aren't allowed to trade those 2 on the GTS.

Did YOU play Pokemon Yellow from start to finish 100+ times?
I never played Yellow at all. No Pokemon that weren't already in Red and Blue, so what was the point?

I’d love to see a pirate character or a samurai character in Smash.
1703878283404.png

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero

Though, full disclosure, I'm still missing Meltan and Melmetal, because I don't play Go and you aren't allowed to trade those 2 on the GTS.
How many of those Pokémon have you raised/trained? I’m not sure if you’re into battling or just the collecting aspect of it. I used to love battling online in Gen 6 but I didn’t want to pay for Switch’s online now so I don’t anymore. I do still train Pokemon here and there. I have two full boxes of fully trained and raised Pokemon (the large majority at level 100) just from this game but I had way more I didn’t feel like paying to transfer over.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

I have every single pokemon in my possession in one shape or form, but I don’t have them all laid out in a living dex.

You have an entire living dex minus two pokemon, meaning you don’t have an entire living dex.

We are equals.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
You can’t even have a complete living dex anymore unless you pay for Home. I used to have them all up until Gen 7. I’m completing the in game dex now just to get the rewards but I’m a lot less excited about it because I know at least half can’t be brought to the next game.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I'm late for the Master Higgins conversation, but i have something that has to do with:
Why there are so few Cartoony Platformers (or "Scrimblo Game") where the main protagonist is a Human?
Mario may be the soul exception, Higgins too. I can't name no one with said characteristic.
Tak from Tak and the Power of JuJu?, Dr. Muto?, Peter Pepper from BurgerTime?, Bub and Bob in Rainbow Islands?, maybe Pitfall Harry?, the kids from Data East's SpinMaster?

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
speaking of pokemon, i find it interesting that i've seen people suggest that the have FE's weapon triangle represented in smash but no one ever suggests having all the pokemon types represented
I used to do it back in Smash 4, when there was no overlap in the types of Pokemon. But once Trainer came back and they added Inceneroar in Ultimate(giving us multiple Fire, Water and Dark types), I gave up on it.

That said, we're only missing 6 types. You could cover that with 3 Pokemon.

Normal
Fighting
Flying
Poison

Ground
Rock
Bug
Ghost
Steel
Fire
Water
Grass
Electric
Psychic

Ice
Dragon
Dark
Fairy

Let's see...Garchomp/Kleavor/Froslass. Or Baxcalibur/Golurk/Kleavor.

How many of those Pokémon have you raised/trained?
I keep my team from each game. So...Gen 3 to Gen 9...plus my Dark team...like 80ish of them?

but I don’t have them all laid out in a living dex.

You can’t even have a complete living dex anymore unless you pay for Home.
Which I do.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I used to do it back in Smash 4, when there was no overlap in the types of Pokemon. But once Trainer came back and they added Inceneroar in Ultimate(giving us multiple Fire, Water and Dark types), I gave up on it.

That said, we're only missing 6 types. You could cover that with 3 Pokemon.

Normal
Fighting
Flying
Poison

Ground
Rock
Bug
Ghost
Steel
Fire
Water
Grass
Electric
Psychic

Ice
Dragon
Dark
Fairy

Let's see...Garchomp/Kleavor/Froslass. Or Baxcalibur/Golurk/Kleavor.

I keep my team from each game. So...Gen 3 to Gen 9...plus my Dark team...like 80ish of them?

I’ll take the first one. Garchomp and Froslass are great and I don’t really care for Baxcalibur.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Really? You should at least be able to get four in Mythra, baby Peach, baby Rosalina, and Wart. I’m also familiar with Princess Hilda and King Garon. The others look familiar but I can’t exactly place who they are.

How about these?:

View attachment 382265
View attachment 382266
View attachment 382267
View attachment 382268
View attachment 382269
Haha I recognize spinal! His design was awesome but wow I did miss Wart bc I thought it was all females and by the time I noticed another male I forgot to reconsider them and I didn't realize there was more baby Mario Chrs I thought it was just Mario and Luigi so I thought maybe she's from a game I've never played and just looks really marioversey XD

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm late for the Master Higgins conversation, but i have something that has to do with:
Why there are so few Cartoony Platformers (or "Scrimblo Game") where the main protagonist is a Human?
Mario may be the soul exception, Higgins too. I can't name no one with said characteristic.
Tak from Tak and the Power of JuJu?, Dr. Muto?, Peter Pepper from BurgerTime?, Bub and Bob in Rainbow Islands?, maybe Pitfall Harry?, the kids from Data East's SpinMaster?
Maybe because of how relatable human characters are?

That said, you mentioned Dr. Muto. If that is the Midway character, I would not mind seeing a non-Mortal Kombat character like Dr. Muto be in Smash. I wonder what other alternatives to Dr. Muto there are, anyway?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Why do people keep suggesting turning characters that WEREN'T duo characters in their own games into duo characters in Smash?!
Ice Climbers themselves weren’t duo characters either were they? There are a few duos I’d like to see that they’d have to take some creative liberties with like Yuri and Repede just because the concept of a human and dog companion duo would be a lot of fun. H’aanit and Linde from Octopath Traveller probably fit that idea better though.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ice Climbers themselves weren’t duo characters either were they? There are a few duos I’d like to see that they’d have to take some creative liberties with like Yuri and Repede just because the concept of a human and dog companion duo would be a lot of fun. H’aanit and Linde from Octopath Traveller probably fit that idea better though.
Yeah, I don't think the Ice Climbers were necessary a duo, either. In fact, their relationship before Melee was pretty ambiguous, if I recall correctly.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Baxcalibur is cool (hehe) but it seems a little basic compared to other more recent Psuedos
Maybe it’s just me but there was always something a little goofy about it to me. I personally think Kyurem is the much cooler Ice/Dragon type although that may not be a popular opinion.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Baxcalibur is cool (hehe) but it seems a little basic compared to other more recent Psuedos
The bax line's designs just look a little bit...unpolished to me. They don't need more details as much as they needed more...uh...time in the oven?

Top Bottom