• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
the internet would collapse from the sheer weight of complaints about the "fakeout reveal" of something completely different, be it ultimate deluxe, fp3, a reboot or otherwise
I'm from the idea that: if they fake-out something different, and disguise it as a Smash reveal.
An extreme meltdown will be there. (bonus points if it's Fire Emblem-related)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing about the last Smash 4 amiibo is they were announced at once. Meanwhile Ultimate's DLC amiibo were dripfed to us very slowly. Once the Smash directs were done, it was just one at a time. That said, updates have generally been announced with Smash amiibo anyway, so that's at least a decent enough pattern to keep a mind on.

So it doesn't really have the same context otherwise. If a Sora amiibo is coming, it'll also be when they would announce the final patch too. They go together, as that's the only update we'd get(unless there's a game-breaking bug they can also fix at once, but if there was, we'd have gotten an update to fix it way earlier).

It's lightly possible they couldn't get one, but sometimes licensing takes forever. Look how long Bayonetta and Cloud took. Corrin was only with them for grouping reasons anyway. Though the most hopeful event is that there's multiple amiibo, but considering these take a while sometimes, I wouldn't even say that's a decent reason why. Hell, the Pokemon amiibo took longer than other 1st party(only due to a 3rd party owning part of the IP, though) as well just during the base game. Licensing is a jerk, honestly. Disney also does like dat money, which could lead to multiple possibilities. The only one that's pretty likely is getting an amiibo regardless. And we don't have a precedent otherwise, beyond "not every notable costume is guaranteed one", to the dismay of many(poor Pikmin & Alph, Koopalings, and most notoriously Hero).

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
Since music was just brought up, what are some boss themes that people would like to see for the next game?

I like how they had Bowser's SMB3 boss theme. I hope they'll also have Baby Bowser's theme from Yoshi's Island.

If Doom Slayer becomes a playable character, I hope this theme also comes with him:

And if Kunio and Riki become playable characters, I really REALLY hope this theme comes with them (one of the best themes in the series and on the SNES):

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
There's been no confirmation that the pose references were a concession to Disney, it just seems odd that all four of Sora's unique alt costumes match the poses in his original art when every other character in the roster has a unique pose. Cloud did follow this trend in Smash for, where his default alt matched his FFVII art. However, his Advent Children alts seemed to have a unique pose, so the render for his default costume was nothing more than a reference. Sora having this be the trend across his alts, along with the general weirdness regarding Kingdom Hearts' depiction in Smash, makes me think this was more at the request of Disney than necessarily being an organic creative choice.

Sora's Kingdom Hearts 3 spirit is also the only Kingdom Hearts spirit in Smash to use unaltered artwork from any entry in the series. My guess is Disney only wanted renders from 3 to appear in Smash, so models from the HD ports of 1, 2, and Birth by Sleep were used for the spirits and Sora's fighter renders were made to recreate the original Nomura artwork to work around this limitation. I imagine there was a lot of discussion regarding this area of Sora's inclusion specifically and, even if my guess is partially right, there's a lot more to it than that.
Weirdly it would have made sense to just keep it as his KH1 render pose since that's also the pose you can see in his healthbar in the games.

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
I am the only one that thinks that the next game might be a regular sequel like Brawl or 4 rather than a reboot or deluxe?

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
There's been no confirmation that the pose references were a concession to Disney, it just seems odd that all four of Sora's unique alt costumes match the poses in his original art when every other character in the roster has a unique pose. Cloud did follow this trend in Smash for, where his default alt matched his FFVII art. However, his Advent Children alts seemed to have a unique pose, so the render for his default costume was nothing more than a reference. Sora having this be the trend across his alts, along with the general weirdness regarding Kingdom Hearts' depiction in Smash, makes me think this was more at the request of Disney than necessarily being an organic creative choice.

Sora's Kingdom Hearts 3 spirit is also the only Kingdom Hearts spirit in Smash to use unaltered artwork from any entry in the series. My guess is Disney only wanted renders from 3 to appear in Smash, so models from the HD ports of 1, 2, and Birth by Sleep were used for the spirits and Sora's fighter renders were made to recreate the original Nomura artwork to work around this limitation. I imagine there was a lot of discussion regarding this area of Sora's inclusion specifically and, even if my guess is partially right, there's a lot more to it than that.
Except they use the Nomura art in dive to the heart, so Disney were clearly fine with it being used, and it must have been a creative choice (maybe because the characters didn't appear in person on the stage?).

Honestly, Disney seemed pretty OK with letting the Smash team use stuff as long as it was unrelated to their other properties. 4 full costumes, with the other 4 still being proper costumes from the games, 9 (10) songs, 2 stages (sort of), a decent set of spirits, I was pleasantly surprised when he was announced.

Despite that, I doubt he'll get an amiibo, with how much Disney like their merchandise. Then again, they're happy to work with Mattel and other brands, so who knows.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I am the only one that thinks that the next game might be a regular sequel like Brawl or 4 rather than a reboot or deluxe?
Depends on what the threshold is for calling it a "reboot."

The way things have been going in the post-Ultimate era, it seems like a lot of people are (in my opinion) way overattached to this roster and would call anything with like 5 or more cuts a reboot, and are desperate to label the alternatives to an Ult Deluxe as "reboots" in order to make them seem less appealing.

Just because of how unsustainable Ult's roster likely is, we could totally see like two or three dozen cuts and I wouldn't even necessarily call it a reboot.

"Cuts=reboot" is a huge false equivalency.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Future DLC: I feel that the Mario Kart dev team being different from the Smash team is more than a minor difference and enough to reduce the potential for more Ultimate content.
I think the massive success of MK8D's DLC is enough for Nintendo to dictate how Smash team has to deal with more Ultimate content.

"Mario Kart 8 was our most popular game. Making more DLC 5 years later made us all the money.

What's out next most popular game?"

Since music was just brought up, what are some boss themes that people would like to see for the next game?
Just about anything from Final Fantasy?

And of course:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Except they use the Nomura art in dive to the heart, so Disney were clearly fine with it being used, and it must have been a creative choice (maybe because the characters didn't appear in person on the stage?).

Honestly, Disney seemed pretty OK with letting the Smash team use stuff as long as it was unrelated to their other properties. 4 full costumes, with the other 4 still being proper costumes from the games, 9 (10) songs, 2 stages (sort of), a decent set of spirits, I was pleasantly surprised when he was announced.

Despite that, I doubt he'll get an amiibo, with how much Disney like their merchandise. Then again, they're happy to work with Mattel and other brands, so who knows.
I will say an amiibo has a decent chance of happening. It's more wanting to see multiple Sora amiibo that's an oddball. Either A) Disney is more open to that cause it gets them good sales, B) It never came up or C) It was too expensive, so only one version is made. At least with C, that makes more sense for Hero. However, Sora is not a multi-version character, so it doesn't even have a good reason for multiple amiibo. Hero's the only one to truly suffer from this, but unlike Sora, the characters/etc. are owned by more than 2 companies, so it's much more difficult to secure those rights. Meanwhile only Disney owns the right, and SE at best would be there for quality/accuracy control.

We also don't know why it takes so long for certain amiibo to come out besides "well, 3rd parties are involved", and that's still an educated guess. So there's nothing that makes it stand out from other amiibo either way. Even the last 3rd party amiibo in Smash For took a while, but that could've also been a factor of SE having still trouble with Nintendo, which delayed releasing them all at once(Bayonetta is pretty well known for being kind of easy to work for, and Corrin is not a 3rd party character). We also don't know the production times, so that is another factor. It clearly takes a decent amount of time, as the amiibo release quite a while after we see the directs they're displayed in, but those are also recorded highly in advance. Also, logically, releases are spaced out a bit for business reasons. The amiibo prices jumped up, so it's probably easier to get sales by having dropped some months between each one. There's just a lot we clearly are not sure of, honestly.

IMO, I think one is coming, but I also don't think the fun idea of multiple at once holds much water at this point. It'd be cool, but that's it.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Heck, I know this is a slightly different topic, but this is part of the reason why I feel Sora coming back for future Smash titles isn't as far fetched as some might think: obviously, Disney has their issues, but they were surprisingly willing to work with the Smash team on Sora's inclusion (lack of amiibo not withstanding). Maybe they realized this was basically free money? Hard to say, but now that the connection has been made there's at least a chance for a return. Assuming, of course, Square Enix are also on board: collaborative effort and all that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Heck, I know this is a slightly different topic, but this is part of the reason why I feel Sora coming back for future Smash titles isn't as far fetched as some might think: obviously, Disney has their issues, but they were surprisingly willing to work with the Smash team on Sora's inclusion (lack of amiibo not withstanding). Maybe they realized this was basically free money? Hard to say, but now that the connection has been made there's at least a chance for a return. Assuming, of course, Square Enix are also on board: collaborative effort and all that.
Kind of. Square-Enix doesn't get to decide. Disney is the only one who does the licensing. They just prefer to have Nomura dealing with things like representation/etc. since they developed the game and would know more about it.

If SE wasn't on board, Disney can still say yes just fine. Nintendo and Sakurai is however a completely different story. They also care, and might not be okay with said deal without Nomura's help(they don't need all of SE). Licensing for the music is another story, though. I'm not sure how Disney interacts with SE's unique way of handling licensing for things beyond just owning a character/IP. Music, specific art, etc. We do know for a fact that Disney has outright greenlit Sora and Kingdom Hearts stuff without talking to SE, but those are also different situations. I do think SE would be involved, though. Just that the "requirement to have them involved" is a bit overplayed. It's more like a respect thing than a requirement thing.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I think Disney is probably fine with Sora's stuff in Smash given Nintendo's track record and if it stays strictly video game oriented. They themselves have admitted they're not great in that media field so Sora's likely making them easier money via SSB than anything they might try themselves and it adds to Square Enix's already existing efforts.

Stuff like merch and toys (ie Amiibo) though? Well those are departments they are quite skilled at and I'm not surprised there would be resistance there. Disney can be notoriously picky about that sort of thing and would likely want to keep stuff like figures kept largely to them and Square Enix.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
this all is pretty interesting, though it could be literally anything. or a big ol' nothing-burger. we'll see

although, if it's like some kinda stage and/or music pass for NSO's premium plan, I'll happily take it
Ditto. Even if it is not new characters, I will gladly accept anything.

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think that nintendo will ever add a pc exclusive character to the roster?
Or really something like a playstation exclusive or xbox exclusive

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Do you guys think that nintendo will ever add a pc exclusive character to the roster?
Depends if you mean exclusive as in the franchise or the physical character. Franchise exclusive, probably not. That's advertising 100% for another system(while they did advertise Banjo-Kazooie on Microsoft, it also had the caveat of being a Nintendo-owned character at one point and the NSO for N64 might've been been in the plans by then, meaning they weren't going to really lose out on it).

Just a character, well, most aren't exclusive as much as they used to be. Some aren't even a cameo anymore(Master Chief is a cameo in Minecraft. In Fortnite, he's part of the official storyline, making him a proper appearance moreso). But see the above of why it might not matter who the character is alone. The fact of the matter is, the reason why "having a Nintendo appearance" is a thing is more that any character is an advertisement. Strictly advertising for a rival company isn't exactly something most companies would want to do. Albeit, there's also licensing; if a character had a previous Nintendo appearance, no matter how small, this means the companies can cooperate again. No matter what the appearance is, this is an official character appearance at the end of the day and requires licensing and agreements for it.

That, and the franchise is probably way more important than the character. While Cloud had a very minor appearance(he was in spin-offs and had no major roles even then) before getting into Smash, Sakurai only at most said "he isn't sure what he would've done", making it pretty clear he hasn't dealt with the particular situation. Nintendo on the other hand, well, if the franchise itself has not been on their consoles, would require licensing and agreements to figure out how to deal with these things. Stuff like Fortnite being advertised this way "check out how this character appears in this game" is a good loophole in itself to avoid only advertising a rival company, that might not fly for anyone else. Fortnite's creators also have to agree to this, and Microsoft gets the short end of the stick if we go with the Master Chief example. Thus, it's highly complicated.

Nintendo isn't a purism crazy company in the sense of Smash. They directly chose Joker, who isn't even based upon his Nintendo spin-off appearance of Q2 in any way, so they already know that it's no big deal. Persona has been on Nintendo before, or at least was planned enough, that the franchise isn't "Nintendo-free" either, which may also make it easier to justify the addition from their end. Besides that, let's also note the caveat that they wanted to work heavily with Atlus to bring over tons of content, so this all leads up to tons of useful agreements that benefit all. You can't always get this with every franchise.

Hence, it's a complicated mess and there's no way to tell whether having a Nintendo appearance is even that key of a factor so much as the franchise itself. Also, keep in mind for the above example is that Persona and Shin Megami Tensei is treated as separate franchises, all the way through Smash, so SMT being on Nintendo in itself didn't matter. Atlus working with Nintendo multiple times in the past is actually important. That, and it could also depend on the factor of who owns a particular character and why they're exclusive to a console or PC. Those companies might be under special agreements, so a Smash appearance could be downright impossible only for that sole reason.

But yep, complicated.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I dont think it's going to happen but it would be neat.

Imagine if Team fortress joined smash and their reveal trailer was just like the TF2 character trailers and it ends with the same melody as the camera pans out, instead of showing the TF2 mercenaries it shows the character they picked standing alongside characters on the smash roster

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I dont think it's going to happen but it would be neat.

Imagine if Team fortress joined smash and their reveal trailer was just like the TF2 character trailers and it ends with the same melody as the camera pans out, instead of showing the TF2 mercenaries it shows the character they picked standing alongside characters on the smash roster
With that, I would love to see Heavy fight Bowser in Smash.

"I fear no man, but that thing.....it scares me."

Seriously though, I would love to see the two try to wrestle each other off the stage.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I don't think a lack of Nintendo console appearances is stopping any franchices from getting into Smash as much as it is other IP's (which just to have been on Nintendo systems) are simply more likely because a number of practical factors; third party relationships and even geographic location being some of them.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think a lack of Nintendo console appearances is stopping any franchices from getting into Smash as much as it is other IP's (which just to have been on Nintendo systems) are simply more likely because a number of practical factors; third party relationships and even geographic location being some of them.
Something to remember, as I spoke above, is that rival companies aren't fans of advertising for another system. So a console exclusive not showing up is somewhat unlikely due to this alone.

Also, Sony is far more picky than Microsoft ever were. Microsoft had to buy most of its exclusives from PC, but Sony started with a ton of exclusives when battling against Nintendo, so they have more unique properties in that way. They're especially different in their actions. Sony eventually gave into just connecting with Minecraft players on other consoles, so even that alone was something they didn't like.

Nintendo also was fine with PC and Mobile games, so them not being as picky makes some sense. They're overprotective at times, sure, but they aren't anywhere as bad about it.

They just aren't the only ones making this decision. PC might not be a big deal, as they've actually ported over many a PC game before(and PC is kind of like a neutral console in that franchises that are exclusive tend to go on them anyway because it's not a straight console rival. Mobile is much more different though). Nintendo has PC-exclusive games, after all. That said, I wouldn't count out exclusivity as mattering, as "every console has the same game" leads to having much less competition, creating monopolies, after all. Basic point is that at the end of the day, some exclusives stay that way for a healthier environment... and to prevent monopolies.

Crossovers might not matter as much, but we don't know how far it goes. I wouldn't dismiss the idea of it mattering at any point, but it is absolutely overstated too how much it matters. We clearly will get references to non-Nintendo content over and over, but it's usually with a caveat. That, and our best example is Joker, whose game was in development for the 3DS when he was chosen. While I wouldn't call it the "cause of saying yes", it's better to say that with Atlus on board for future projects, and the character being already in the spotlight(including a new game), it's easier to justify choosing him. They didn't actually use him to advertise the 3DS game either, mind you, it's just more the timing really helped.

But yeah, it's complicated and we barely know anything beyond a "Nintendo appearance is more of a courtesy than a hard requirement". Also, DLC would want a company to be advertised more than base game, so that could've played a role too.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm a bit late on the dicsussion, but personally I don't buy that we're getting something Smash related in the next direct. Even if by some miracle they managed to deal with Disney to do Sora's amiibo, this doesn't mean that they will add content to the game, and this point I'm pretty sure that the team at Namco Bandai has moved on to other project. You could argue that "Mario kart deluxe did got dlc after 4 years of nothing", but the Mario kart dlc are mostly reusing assets from Tour, so the dev time is insanely reduced, while still giving the MK fans a little something (with even Nintendo themselves acknowledging in the direct that announced the booster pass that it was a very long time with no proper Mario kart news). But Smash have no game to pull from content like MK Tour, so they will have to do characters from scratch. And personally I don't see the team at Namco Bandai coming back to do more after a 2 years hiatus.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Also, throughout those 4 years, it had multiple patch updates for balances. So while the new major content didn't come up, it was actually supported overall that entire time. Only 2020 didn't receive an update of any kind. Also, some of these were notable updates beyond "balance". Labo support is a pretty major controller update. It was indeed 4 years since the Labo update for another major one, but that's still a lot of balance patches. Not all online games even has this much support.

This cannot be said of Smash Ultimate. It got one patch after Sora, about a month and a half later, to add already determined amiibo support. Now, the lack of a Sora amiibo there could be telling one isn't coming(but we also know licensing is a jerk, so it's not a strong enough indicator it won't happen, just it's easy to be cautious). That said, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was never declared "over with", a pretty big difference from Smash Ultimate. We knew Sora was the final character with no doubts. 8 Deluxe didn't have this caveat, so it getting more didn't mean much alone. That, and it had assets from Tour to heavily reuse, making it massively easy to even justify this. Smash Ultimate doesn't have this kind of thing and requires way more work. Don't get me wrong, I would love more, but it's unfortunately vastly unrealistic, and it isn't in a position where it has a good reason to expect, especially as it's completely different from MK8D in every way. If we were talking about an Ultimate Deluxe, that might be a completely different story, though other than both being ports, it wouldn't mean that much in practice.

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
About a character that Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels has is Blue Bowser who appears in World 8-4 and World 9-3 and is believed to be the brother of our familiar Bowser named "Bowser's Brother ”, the question I have is, is he really Bowser's brother or is this someone fake? And also if he really is his brother shouldn't he be featured in other mario games as well?

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

I like how they had Bowser's SMB3 boss theme. I hope they'll also have Baby Bowser's theme from Yoshi's Island.

If Doom Slayer becomes a playable character, I hope this theme also comes with him:

And if Kunio and Riki become playable characters, I really REALLY hope this theme comes with them (one of the best themes in the series and on the SNES):

If we get Noah as a playable character then I hope we get this track

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, did the leak mentioned a few pages back talk about a continuation of Smash Bros. Ultimate or a deluxe version of said game?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So, did the leak mentioned a few pages back talk about a continuation of Smash Bros. Ultimate or a deluxe version of said game?
DLC for Ultimate.

The only thing about Deluxe is that it was massively unlikely since it'd be "six years out"(for no clear reason).

It also mentioned part of the reasoning was MK8D ending in September.

Laniv

Smash Champion
About a character that Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels has is Blue Bowser who appears in World 8-4 and World 9-3 and is believed to be the brother of our familiar Bowser named "Bowser's Brother ”, the question I have is, is he really Bowser's brother or is this someone fake? And also if he really is his brother shouldn't he be featured in other mario games as well?
It's generally unclear. Early sources did claim he was Bowser's brother, listing him with Bowser and the Koopalings as part of the "Ō-zoku" (King Tribe). Later games would claim that Blue Bowser is just that: a blue, fake Bowser.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

This, even though Modern Kirby games don't really get much content like not having a single stage:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
DLC for Ultimate.

The only thing about Deluxe is that it was massively unlikely since it'd be "six years out"(for no clear reason).

It also mentioned part of the reasoning was MK8D ending in September.
Oh. Well, I have my doubts on more Ultimate DLC now. That said, whoever made this leak probably said it because they thought it sounded reasonable enough despite its flaws, assuming it was fabricated to begin with. Why would they want to restart Ultimate DLC after so long?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh. Well, I have my doubts on more Ultimate DLC now. That said, whoever made this leak probably said it because they thought it sounded reasonable enough despite its flaws, assuming it was fabricated to begin with. Why would they want to restart Ultimate DLC after so long?
I mean, they wouldn't. Switch is ending its life cycle. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe had a lot going for it(including minor updates till 2021, so it was clearly not dropped) that Ultimate just... doesn't.

Albeit, we don't know when a new system is coming, but it'll be pretty soon. That said, Sakurai wouldn't have been allowed to say "This is the final character update" if there was any thought of more coming. Or even a possibility considered. He gave a finalized statement because it was final.

Something like Ultimate Deluxe, while unlikely, doesn't actually have much going against it beyond being unlikely. It's not like it's outright said Nintendo will never do an updated port of a Smash Bros.(they were willing to do that even for Melee), and Sakurai just prefers to work on each one as a new game. Another director absolutely could do one, but we may not get more than the base game with some DLC, as some might not be plausible now. That said, Sora being in the next game, if it was a Deluxe port, and was already starting to be worked on and intended may match up with the original licensing agreement. Albeit, we don't know how much stuff from Smash 4's licensing was part of Ultimate's, but Cloud has been quite heavily speculated on, which is part of why we got so little content. But that also depends if his negotiations ended close enough to the project plan.

Basically the project plan for a Deluxe could be rather close to some final DLC negotiations. However, for a new game, it could be out far much later and has less of a chance to have that factor(though not impossible). Note that we don't actually know if Ultimate's project plan had any licensing agreements also with For. The most we can gather for sure is that if any Mii Costume was part of it, things changed as they became DLC again(and we were straight-out told that DLC was never part of the original Ultimate project plan either, so that means their negotiations would've been outright scrapped for base if they were licensed at all. Who knows. Maybe this change could've led to the Geno spirit for instance. There's just so many mysteries~).

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
hmm you know. thinking about it now, it would really put the whole , "Don't ask me to direct a game After announcing it" type comment into perspective if Sakurai & co actually just finished all the DLC for SSBU.

more from a timing perspective than anything else

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
I think it's possible, but i think we shouldn't expect one either.
At this point i think if they're a videogame character, then it's possible.
Of course, there's a big diference in chances between Amber from Genshin Impact, or Master Chief than Yangus from Dragon Quest VIII or Rinwell from Tales of Arise, like i don't think the later is ever going to happen even if they techincally have a chance and are possible.

Gengar84

Smash Hero

Here’s a few of my favorites I’d love to see:

I feel like we actually have a decent shot to get this one as Pokémon has a lot of content in Smash (though the music selection is a bit questionable imo)

Here’s another one we’re likely to see. Xenoblade never disappoints with its soundtracks, particularly the battle themes.

Another first party game we could see. The characters have really fun moveset potential, both Officer Howard and Jenna Anderson.

If Sora comes back and brings content from the rest of the series, I’ve always loved Xemnas’ boss theme.

One of my absolute favorite boss themes in all of gaming and can potentially get in to accompany one of two beat ‘em up franchises. I think I’ve mentioned enough how much I’d love to see the Toads in Smash.

If we get a character from Chrono Trigger (likely Crono if any but I’m pulling for Magus). The Chrono games have among the best music in gaming and Magus is one of my most wanted.

I’d love an Octopath character but I’d settle for a stage if nothing else. The HD-2D aesthetic would make for an awesome stage and the series has amazing music.

Bill Rizer/Lance Bean from Contra would make for a really cool retro character. This is the classic boss theme from the first game:

Perhaps questionable eligibility due to being heavily based on a historical figure but Dynasty Wariors has always had killer soundtracks. This theme will make you regret the decision to ever pursue Lu Bu:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think a new Smash Bros. game is what is going to happen altogether, more so than more DLC for Ultimate and more so by a little than a Deluxe version of Ultimate. If anything, I have never seen a game in the Smash Bros. series have a Deluxe version or something with an old game with more content.

Plus, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a Deluxe version of a previous game. I am sure they would have to give Ultimate a Deluxe version itself to give it the DLC treatment.

Top Bottom