• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I see. You're saying that they are open to compromise for base game? I don't know about Nintendo, but I think Sakurai can push for base game if he wanted, if he has the power, of course.

Still, unlike some Geno fans, I think that unless the remake does well, or even with the remake itself, I do not think Geno will be more profitable than Banjo and Kazooie did in terms of DLC sales in Ultimate. The latter two were not that high up in terms of sales given that tweet with the sales data from some pages back, and even if Geno does do better than the duo fighter, well we might just have to see in the event that he does get in.

So, how do you think buying the base game if Geno is in it would do for the next Smash Bros. game's sales compared to DLC sales?
Those sales, as dream1ng dream1ng found out, were not based off all-time popularity but recent popularity.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I see. You're saying that they are open to compromise for base game? I don't know about Nintendo, but I think Sakurai can push for base game if he wanted, if he has the power, of course.

Still, unlike some Geno fans, I think that unless the remake does well, or even with the remake itself, I do not think Geno will be more profitable than Banjo and Kazooie did in terms of DLC sales in Ultimate. The latter two were not that high up in terms of sales given that tweet with the sales data from some pages back, and even if Geno does do better than the duo fighter, well we might just have to see in the event that he does get in.

So, how do you think buying the base game if Geno is in it would do for the next Smash Bros. game's sales compared to DLC sales?
I think the remake is going to do fantastic. And no it's not just a hunch.

Maybe not Mario platformer levels of success, but it's still in an amazing spot. Think about it. RPGs are extremely popular right now, and appeal to all ages. Mario as a brand is perhaps more recognizable and appealing than ever before, and the Switch is one of the most successful consoles of all time (not to mention a perfect system to play long games like RPGs on). As long as Nintendo does at least a decent job on marketing the game I think it's going to be a hit.

That said, I think at this point Geno just needs to be in the base roster. It's been long enough. Lol

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think the remake is going to do fantastic. And no it's not just a hunch.

Maybe not Mario platformer levels of success, but it's still in an amazing spot. Think about it. RPGs are extremely popular right now, and appeal to all ages. Mario as a brand is perhaps more recognizable and appealing than ever before, and the Switch is one of the most successful consoles of all time (not to mention a perfect system to play long games like RPGs on). As long as Nintendo does at least a decent job on marketing the game I think it's going to be a hit.

That said, I think at this point Geno just needs to be in the base roster. It's been long enough. Lol
Also, the game has gotten the coveted Friday before Black Friday slot that Pokemon usually claims. Not a guarantee for success I guess, but it makes it a hell of a lot easier. And I have little doubt that Nintendo will market the game if they are placing it there. Probably guaranteed to have a brief appearance in the September Direct at least.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
It doesn't hurt that even with the RPG sphere, the remake's not got a lot of competition. Outside Star Ocean and maybe Konami deciding to put the Suikoden remasters around the same time, a lot of November is pretty barren in the role play game space. Persona 5 Tactics is only direct commercial rival, and the titles are likely different enough to not be competing too much with each other.

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Champion
They can push for base all they want, but Square drives a hard bargain. If they don't want to be base, they're not going to be base unless they can make a compromise that can benefit them otherwise. Like Cloud being base, but still getting their FF DLC with Sephiroth.

But without EiH, Sakurai/Nintendo will be less concerned with retaining vets for base. So if Square prefers DLC, they'll probably just let them be DLC.

Still, unlike some Geno fans, I think that unless the remake does well, or even with the remake itself, I do not think Geno will be more profitable than Banjo and Kazooie did in terms of DLC sales in Ultimate.
It's very unlikely Geno does as well as Banjo. Even with the remake, Banjo is more recognizable, as the eponymous lead and face of his own series.

Maybe if it were Super Geno RPG, but it's not. If you're not attuned to the Smash fanbase or Geno's one game, you probably don't know Geno. Even if you haven't played Banjo-Kazooie (though a lot of people of a certain age did) the chances of knowing what and who that is is higher than a one-off non-lead from a Mario RPG.

The latter two were not that high up in terms of sales given that tweet with the sales data from some pages back, and even if Geno does do better than the duo fighter, well we might just have to see in the event that he does get in.
That list wasn't based on all-time, it was based on recency.

Which is probably why all the FP1 characters were on the lower end other than Joker (and Persona had recently gotten new reveals), despite that not how it really goes in terms of all-time sales, where the gradual decrease in the user base is going to benefit earlier characters.

In any case, that ranking isn't admissible for true, all-time sales. Don't use it.

Putting Geno in base isn't because that will help sell base, it's because his ability to draw people in as a standalone character isn't as good as other third-parties, so you can put him as part of the package deal where individual market appeal isn't as crucial.

Geno won't really help sell base, basically all the people who would buy the game because of Geno are going to buy the game anyway. And Geno would sell fine as DLC, but he'd mostly sell to the existing audience that already buys all the DLC anyway. Nintendo's goal with third-party DLC seems to be to draw other, new players inward. Geno doesn't do that, because he's effectively more a Smash fanbase character than anything else at this point.

Geno isn't an effective character sales-wise in either sense. He's purely a diehard fanbase character, and would be added to throw the fans a bone.

It's not really raining on my parade. It just that learning about Nintendo's involvement with Kadokawa reminded me how I was thinking about getting an RPG Maker to make my own Nintendo RPG many years ago.
That's cool, it was more the "working so closely with each other" part. Which... isn't super accurate.

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
That's cool, it was more the "working so closely with each other" part. Which... isn't super accurate.
That's not really all that important. It's really more about how it all just comes back years later (along with the Kingdom Hearts world actually appearing in Smash Bros, of course). In the end, you get the point.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Those sales, as dream1ng dream1ng found out, were not based off all-time popularity but recent popularity.
Oh, I see.

They can push for base all they want, but Square drives a hard bargain. If they don't want to be base, they're not going to be base unless they can make a compromise that can benefit them otherwise. Like Cloud being base, but still getting their FF DLC with Sephiroth.

But without EiH, Sakurai/Nintendo will be less concerned with retaining vets for base. So if Square prefers DLC, they'll probably just let them be DLC.

It's very unlikely Geno does as well as Banjo. Even with the remake, Banjo is more recognizable, as the eponymous lead and face of his own series.

Maybe if it were Super Geno RPG, but it's not. If you're not attuned to the Smash fanbase or Geno's one game, you probably don't know Geno. Even if you haven't played Banjo-Kazooie (though a lot of people of a certain age did) the chances of knowing what and who that is is higher than a one-off non-lead from a Mario RPG.

That list wasn't based on all-time, it was based on recency.

Which is probably why all the FP1 characters were on the lower end other than Joker (and Persona had recently gotten new reveals), despite that not how it really goes in terms of all-time sales, where the gradual decrease in the user base is going to benefit earlier characters.

In any case, that ranking isn't admissible for true, all-time sales. Don't use it.

Putting Geno in base isn't because that will help sell base, it's because his ability to draw people in as a standalone character isn't as good as other third-parties, so you can put him as part of the package deal where individual market appeal isn't as crucial.

Geno won't really help sell base, basically all the people who would buy the game because of Geno are going to buy the game anyway. And Geno would sell fine as DLC, but he'd mostly sell to the existing audience that already buys all the DLC anyway. Nintendo's goal with third-party DLC seems to be to draw other, new players inward. Geno doesn't do that, because he's effectively more a Smash fanbase character than anything else at this point.

Geno isn't an effective character sales-wise in either sense. He's purely a diehard fanbase character, and would be added to throw the fans a bone.
I was kinda aware of how well Geno would not do, base or DLC, I was just looking for a comparison. Still, how well could telling others about Geno, whether a possible Geno DLC pack or the remake, do you think could work out?

Not to argue or anything, but in my point of view, there are other non-lead characters in other franchises. Since, as I said in the PM, that Geno's case is complicated, that he is a Mario character and a Square character, I don't think it would hurt to add him to the roster as a possible Mario character given his circumstances since he was from a Mario game.

Yes, he still has competition from both sides including in terms of Square, and he was technically from one game (with a cameo from the original Mario and Luigi), but to me, Geno being from a Mario game made by Square may, on the Mario side, lessen the non-lead factor, unless I am missing something, and with that, it is...well, still complicated for Geno.

But I think time will tell if Geno's popularity and how he would do as a DLC character will change. Not to dismiss how he would do NOW, as now is the same kind of situation, you know, but with the remake, depending on how many people play it AND like Geno, that has a better chance to change things from now and the next Smash Bros., and I think there is plenty of time for that change to occur before next Smash.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
I was kinda aware of how well Geno would not do, base or DLC, I was just looking for a comparison. Still, how well could telling others about Geno, whether a possible Geno DLC pack or the remake, do you think could work out?
Here's the comparison: Geno won't have a tangible effect on base's sales, and he'll probably sell less than other third-parties, unless those third-parties are overall less recognizable to the audience who only buys characters they know, and fails to bring in enough fans from their series.

If you're looking for how well will he sell in base vs. how well will he sell as DLC, that's apples and oranges and doesn't really work like that. I think he's better off in base, but Square might not want that.

I don't understand the second part. How well would spreading the word about Geno work? Who's doing it? A fan or Nintendo? Nintendo doing it would work, because they have the means to communicate to the GP. They won't, though, unless it's in relation to SMRPG promotion. But that's only going until November. Fans have already accomplished a lot for a character like Geno. At this point reaching higher would just be diminishing returns since online awareness among fan circles isn't the problem anyway.

Not to argue or anything, but in my point of view, there are other non-lead characters in other franchises.
Oh my god, are we going to have the same debate again?

You can't just look at one quality another fighter shares with Geno and ignore the rest.

Please, please invoke the learning curve.

Since, as I said in the PM, that Geno's case is complicated, that he is a Mario character and a Square character, I don't think it would hurt to add him to the roster as a possible Mario character given his circumstances since he was from a Mario game.
I don't understand what you're trying to say here either... obviously Geno is a Mario character, and a Square character, but I recall in our previous discussion that you were saying how SMRPG should be viewed as separate from the normal Mario stuff, so this is a funny position to have now.

But being a Mario character puts him within a big series where multiple additions is plausible, but wherein his overall role is small, so it's a mixed bag.

Yes, he still has competition from both sides including in terms of Square, and he was technically from one game (with a cameo from the original Mario and Luigi), but to me, Geno being from a Mario game made by Square may, on the Mario side, lessen the non-lead factor, unless I am missing something, and with that, it is...well, still complicated for Geno.
Being third-party only compounds being disadvantaged from having a minor role. If he was first-party he'd probably have gotten in by now if only to appease the fanbase (probably back in Brawl when Sakurai tried), but when the company that owns Geno also owns Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, and the spots are highly limited, not choosing Geno is pretty understandable.

Yeah he's distanced from the other Mario characters more than they are with each other insofar as he'd probably get in in a different round of inclusions, which is a silver lining. But he'd do better in that heat, considering now he's in the heat where he's up against Square characters and fan-favorite third-parties.

But I think time will tell if Geno's popularity and how he would do as a DLC character will change. Not to dismiss how he would do NOW, as now is the same kind of situation, you know, but with the remake, depending on how many people play it AND like Geno, that has a better chance to change things from now and the next Smash Bros., and I think there is plenty of time for that change to occur before next Smash.
Well, it will increase his popularity, but that's not the problem. There's only so much it can increase his general recognition given what the game is and his role in it. Past it making him active again, it holds the most promise in potentially leading to sequels. But until that happens, it's not relevant.

We'll just have to see if not being dormant is enough to let his popularity overtake his shortcomings. He's got a good shot.

But listen, if we're just going to go in circles, I'm not really interested in continuing. You went from your original points to a different stance by the end of the last debate, and now the original points are just getting cycled back in.

So I'm not really keen to do this on loop.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
That's not really all that important. It's really more about how it all just comes back years later (along with the Kingdom Hearts world actually appearing in Smash Bros, of course). In the end, you get the point.
Though I won't lie, I'm now curious how RPG Maker would be incorporated in Smash. Like, would it just be a stage, or would they try making those default sprite characters into some sort of fighter?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Here's the comparison: Geno won't have a tangible effect on base's sales, and he'll probably sell less than other third-parties, unless those third-parties are overall less recognizable to the audience who only buys characters they know, and fails to bring in enough fans from their series.

If you're looking for how well will he sell in base vs. how well will he sell as DLC, that's apples and oranges and doesn't really work like that. I think he's better off in base, but Square might not want that.

I don't understand the second part. How well would spreading the word about Geno work? Who's doing it? A fan or Nintendo? Nintendo doing it would work, because they have the means to communicate to the GP. They won't, though, unless it's in relation to SMRPG promotion. But that's only going until November. Fans have already accomplished a lot for a character like Geno. At this point reaching higher would just be diminishing returns since online awareness among fan circles isn't the problem anyway.

Oh my god, are we going to have the same debate again?

You can't just look at one quality another fighter shares with Geno and ignore the rest.

Please, please invoke the learning curve.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here either... obviously Geno is a Mario character, and a Square character, but I recall in our previous discussion that you were saying how SMRPG should be viewed as separate from the normal Mario stuff, so this is a funny position to have now.

But being a Mario character puts him within a big series where multiple additions is plausible, but wherein his overall role is small, so it's a mixed bag.

Being third-party only compounds being disadvantaged from having a minor role. If he was first-party he'd probably have gotten in by now if only to appease the fanbase (probably back in Brawl when Sakurai tried), but when the company that owns Geno also owns Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, and the spots are highly limited, not choosing Geno is pretty understandable.

Yeah he's distanced from the other Mario characters more than they are with each other insofar as he'd probably get in in a different round of inclusions, which is a silver lining. But he'd do better in that heat, considering now he's in the heat where he's up against Square characters and fan-favorite third-parties.

Well, it will increase his popularity, but that's not the problem. There's only so much it can increase his general recognition given what the game is and his role in it. Past it making him active again, it holds the most promise in potentially leading to sequels. But until that happens, it's not relevant.

We'll just have to see if not being dormant is enough to let his popularity overtake his shortcomings. He's got a good shot.

But listen, if we're just going to go in circles, I'm not really interested in continuing. You went from your original points to a different stance by the end of the last debate, and now the original points are just getting cycled back in.

So I'm not really keen to do this on loop.
Listen, I did not really want to argue...anything. What happened and what I may have said to this that may have seemingly caused this was, well, unintentional. I did not mean to start anything. In fact, rather than arguing, I was just checking on some things more so.

And like I said, I was hastily mixed up, and not thinking things at some times. I had a different reasoning for saying what I said before, BUT I would rather not start again.

And that is why I said, "Unless I am missing something".

I am pretty much aware of that. But I had to make sure on that.

Again, the possibility of going around in circles, on my part was unintentional. I just wanted to double check, or make sure on some things. I did not mean to restart anything about arguments.

So, yeah, we're not continuing the argument. Sorry if it seemed that way, but I honestly asked all this to "review Geno's chances" rather, if you know what I mean, not the argument.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
It only sucks because it’s got no background. **** will look baller with a Smithy’s Castle and Seven Stars behind them.
Its heavily based on the original Japanese box art (minus the oddly elevated Yoshi marketing)

Its a pity because the American box art is one of those rare cases where the Western cover arguably works a bit better in giving the presentation some personality if just for having Exor in the background.

A slightly more symmetrical version of the above for the remake would have been nice.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion

I really hope this gets released outside of Japan! I don't see why it shouldn't, though.

River City sure has been thriving in these recent years. I really hope this'll make Sakurai and Nintendo consider upgrading the series to a playable status in the next Smash game.

EDIT: Looks like it is getting localized! YES!

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I recently made a redo of Smash 64's roster using a roster maker. I used characters who were cut due to time constraints (Bowser, Dedede, Mewtwo and Marth) and replaced Jigglypuff with Meowth.
View attachment 374348
To those of you wondering why the CSS is ordered the way it is, it's because the 8 characters on the top are the starting roster, and the 8 on the bottom are their hypothetical "rivals" in 1P Game; you unlock the characters on the bottom by clearing 1P game as their respective rivals on the top without using a continue (for example, Mario unlock Luigi, Pikachu unlocks Meowth, etc.)
Decided to do another one, this time for Melee.
Melee roster redo.png

This time, I decided to put the starting roster in the 15 slots in the center (3x5), and the unlockable characters in the 6 slots on the left and right, respectively, of the starting roster (3x2 on each side)

Stratos

Smash Lord
With Super Nintendo World and The Super Mario Bros. Movie being a big hit, I'm sure Nintendo will become the most famous company and even more so and that's good for us Nintendo fans.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So, we have talked about characters. May I ask what stages would you all like to come with your wanted characters for the next Smash?

For me, Kitchen Island from the original Wario Land for Captain Syrup.
  • Waluigi: Waluigi Pinball
  • Raven Beak: Anywhere on Planet ZDR
  • Bandana Waddle Dee: Waddle Dee Town
  • Noah & Mio: Ascension Grounds
  • Dr. Eggman: Egg Planet Park
  • Chun-Li: A Capcom Pro Tour Arena
  • Crash Bandicoot: N. Sanity Beach
  • Rayman: Fiesta de los Muertos (specifically based on "Wrestling with a Giant")

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
So, we have talked about characters. May I ask what stages would you all like to come with your wanted characters for the next Smash?

• Ryu Hayabusa: Sky City Tokyo (kind of like how it is in DOA5 Ultimate with the Buddha Statue as a stage hazard)
  • Billy and Jimmy: City Streets (based on the Double Dragon Neon design)
  • Doom Slayer: Mars (DOOM 2016 version)
  • Kunio and Riki: Reiho Academy (school rooftop, from River City Ransom)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Toad: Goomba Galleon. strictly speaking it should be for cap but i still think it'd be neat to have something from treasure tracker
Chibi-Robo: Living Room. you can go wrong with the first area in the first game, plus we could fight on a couch
Tails: Prison Lane. i played through this level a lot when i was younger

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
-Pokémon Stages: Literally anything from PMD, I'm starving at this point gimme content. Wigglytuff's Guild, Thunderwave Cave, The Dark Future, Treasure Town, Star Cave, Temporal Tower, Sky Tower, Shaymin Village, Lively Town, Vast Ice Mountain Peak, etc... I'll take anything! Literally anything! As for non-PMD stages, I'd love Area Zero if we get anything from Scarlet/Violet, that place is sick.
-Kirby Stages: Inside Void Termina, Waddle Dee Town, Wondaria, Alivel Mall, and Winter Horns would all be great.
-Mario Stages: I'd love anything inside the Castle from Mario 64, Wet Dry World, Hazy Maze Cave and Waluigi's Island.
-Pikmin Stages: Can add like whatever from any of the main games and it'll be good lol. That said what I'd really love would be the Forbidden Oak or Submerged Castle. They have a very different tone from the Pikmin stages already in Smash and I think it'd be fun.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

My vote for Rayman would be bandland cause of how iconic it is to the series and it would just be very unique
R4_Background_Ciel_Color.jpg

Though I wouldn't object to them figuring out how to incorporate Kung Foot into Smash either
Rayman_Kung-1.jpg_1200x500_ (1).jpg

jamesster445

Smash Lord

Sky City Tokyo - Traditional Japanese architecture juxtaposed to modern skyscrapers. You may or may not be attacked by a giant Buddha.
Grassland Grooves - Animal themed platforms will dance and shuffle along the battlefield.
Installation 04 - A stage that travels through space along a ring world while taking stops at key locations
Cosmo Land - A small battle ground with a key piece being a tower that players will fight for control of.
The Ark - A futuristic city at night
The New World - An city abandoned and overtaken by nature.
Aionios - A large battlefield that is joined by two warring factions fighting their own war. You have the option of joining the skirmish and the victors will repay the favor.

Hyrule Skies - Fight along the backs of two dragons locked in combat

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Star Guardian , Ahri , skin , & amiibo , if possible

Cortana , spirit

new 3rd party ; music

1 finish the fight = Halo
2 Sacred Icon Suite II = Halo
3 Leonidas = Halo
4 the trials = Halo
5 Crypt = Halo
6; 117 = Halo
7 Halo

8 Sword of Resolution - Patroklos' Theme = SoulCalibur V
9 Standing Against the Storm = Soulcalibur VI OST
10 Under a Pledge = Soulcalibur VI OST
11 into the fray = Soulcalibur VI OST
12 Confrontation = SoulCalibur II OST

Taunts & Victory poses

Master Chief’s up victory pose = Call me Master Chief.
Master Chief’s side victory pose = Quick & painless.
Master Chief’s down victory pose = Tango down
Master Chief’s side taunt = Alright, too easy.
Master Chief’s down taunt = You're going down.
Master Chief’s up taunt = Come get me.

Elysium’s down taunt = silence
Elysium’s horizontal taunt = Behold
Elysium’s up taunt = Regret... Your weakness!
Elysium’s down victory pose = Disappointing...
Elysium’s horizontal victory pose = It's over.
Elysium’s up victory pose = I am... No one at all.

SG Ahri’s up taunt = come on Kiko, Time to Play
SG Ahri’s horizontal taunt = Aww Sad Face, Just Kidding
SG Ahri’s down taunt = Kiko chirps ; of course they look up to me
SG Ahri’s down victory pose = Some Stars were meant to fall.
SG Ahri’s Horizontal victory pose = true stars Defy Darkness
SG Ahri’s up victory pose = I know, that was totes unfair
K/DA Ahri’s up victory pose = Rise to the occasion.
K/DA Ahri’s Horizontal victory pose = going platinum
K/DA Ahri’s down victory pose = I get it you‘re starstruck
K/DA Ahri’s up taunt = You look like you could use some more,
K/DA Ahri’s horizontal taunt = Here’s your cue.
K/DA Ahri’s down taunt = I don’t sweat , I glow.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Star Guardian , Ahri , skin , & amiibo , if possible

Cortana , spirit

new 3rd party ; music

1 finish the fight = Halo
2 Sacred Icon Suite II = Halo
3 Leonidas = Halo
4 the trials = Halo
5 Crypt = Halo
6; 117 = Halo
7 Halo

8 Sword of Resolution - Patroklos' Theme = SoulCalibur V
9 Standing Against the Storm = Soulcalibur VI OST
10 Under a Pledge = Soulcalibur VI OST
11 into the fray = Soulcalibur VI OST
12 Confrontation = SoulCalibur II OST

Taunts & Victory poses

Master Chief’s up victory pose = Call me Master Chief.
Master Chief’s side victory pose = Quick & painless.
Master Chief’s down victory pose = Tango down
Master Chief’s side taunt = Alright, too easy.
Master Chief’s down taunt = You're going down.
Master Chief’s up taunt = Come get me.

Elysium’s down taunt = silence
Elysium’s horizontal taunt = Behold
Elysium’s up taunt = Regret... Your weakness!
Elysium’s down victory pose = Disappointing...
Elysium’s horizontal victory pose = It's over.
Elysium’s up victory pose = I am... No one at all.

SG Ahri’s up taunt = come on Kiko, Time to Play
SG Ahri’s horizontal taunt = Aww Sad Face, Just Kidding
SG Ahri’s down taunt = Kiko chirps ; of course they look up to me
SG Ahri’s down victory pose = Some Stars were meant to fall.
SG Ahri’s Horizontal victory pose = true stars Defy Darkness
SG Ahri’s up victory pose = I know, that was totes unfair
K/DA Ahri’s up victory pose = Rise to the occasion.
K/DA Ahri’s Horizontal victory pose = going platinum
K/DA Ahri’s down victory pose = I get it you‘re starstruck
K/DA Ahri’s up taunt = You look like you could use some more,
K/DA Ahri’s horizontal taunt = Here’s your cue.
K/DA Ahri’s down taunt = I don’t sweat , I glow.
does anyone know what any of this means?

Stratos

Smash Lord
The next Super Smash Bros. game will logically have a stage based on Super Mario Bros. Wonder. However, from items from the Mario franchise, I would like them to include an Ice Flower, of course I would also like to include the new Wonder Flower, but on the other hand, I don't know how this would work, although I'm just now thinking that its attribute would be it already has the stage that will be based on Super Mario Bros. Wonder, as was the case with the stage based on Super Mario Maker.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The next Super Smash Bros. game will logically have a stage based on Super Mario Bros. Wonder. However, from items from the Mario franchise, I would like them to include an Ice Flower, of course I would also like to include the new Wonder Flower, but on the other hand, I don't know how this would work, although I'm just now thinking that its attribute would be it already has the stage that will be based on Super Mario Bros. Wonder, as was the case with the stage based on Super Mario Maker.
the wonder flower would probably be exclusive to the SMBW stage and function much as it seems to in game and trigger the stage changing

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Hazakura temple (Ace Attorney): everyone wants the courtroom itself to be the stage but i personally dont see how it would work as a stage so me being the weirdo i am thought it would be better to pick this place, Hazakura temple is where the most plot important things happened in Ace Attorney canon.

Steel dragon fleet (Super robot wars Original generations): A stage that would work much like the Star fox stage from sm4sh, where you fight on the back of several spaceships floating around the earth, in this case they would be the original battleships from the SRW universe, like the Hagane and the Hiryu, while in th background we see robots from the series fight generic enemy grunts.

The Digital world (Digimon): The digital world is portrayed pretty consistently throughout the franchise as this jungle-like environment with random pieces of human archetexture like buildings and cars lying around the jungle. The baclground having some of the more iconic Digimon roaming about like Ogremon, Gabumon or Leomon

The Netsquare (Megaman Battle network): basically just how Battle network portrays the internet, as this cybernetic cityscape where Navi's hang around, based on the anime adaptation of Battle network a stage hazard would be the final boss of BN2, Gospel, jumping in similarly to the yellow devil on the classic Megaman stage, the background would have guys like Gutsman, Glide and Protoman watching the fight.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The Digital world (Digimon): The digital world is portrayed pretty consistently throughout the franchise as this jungle-like environment with random pieces of human archetexture like buildings and cars lying around the jungle. The baclground having some of the more iconic Digimon roaming about like Ogremon, Gabumon or Leomon
it's not exclusively like that, perhaps a better name would be Digital Jungle or File Island Jungle

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
it's not exclusively like that, perhaps a better name would be Digital Jungle or File Island Jungle
I mean, the name would still work. Those are in the Digital World, and you get the added benefit of increased name recognition. There's precedent for things like a stage forgoing its specific name for something more all-encompassing ("Distant Planet" instead of Forest of Hope, or "Mario Galaxy" instead of Good Egg Galaxy), or even forgoing giving a specific name in order to give the game title for branding purposes (like calling the stages "Duck Hunt" and "Wrecking Crew" instead of things like "Hunting Grounds" and "Demolition Site").

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean, the name would still work. Those are in the Digital World, and you get the added benefit of increased name recognition. There's precedent for things like a stage forgoing its specific name for something more all-encompassing ("Distant Planet" instead of Forest of Hope, or "Mario Galaxy" instead of Good Egg Galaxy), or even forgoing giving a specific name in order to give the game title for branding purposes (like calling the stages "Duck Hunt" and "Wrecking Crew" instead of things like "Hunting Grounds" and "Demolition Site").
I suppose

chinkuru

Smash Cadet

-Tingle, Clock Town
-Agumon, VPet cage
-Marco Rossi, Metal Slug mission 1 stage

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Just realized that if I had a nickel every time a highly requested smash character had their irrelevancy argument die this year I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice.
20230707_131932.jpg

(Sorry that joke has been on my mind since the remake announcement I'll see myself out)

Top Bottom