• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm very happy for them, the game looks great and there's finally something new in Geno's resume that could actually affect things.

And I agree there are more worthwhile things to focus on.

But their actions last time very much contributed to the state we arrived at, so I don't agree with how that second sentence is framed.
Sure, certain Geno fans really didn't act in a suitable way last time (underselling it a bit here), and the Geno thread got locked numerous times because of a lot of unsavory incidents that happened there, that I won't deny. However, I can't claim they were all the bad players for what happened in the last speculation cycle considering there was a crowd hoping to see Geno's eventual deconfirmation so they can have their laughs and joys at their loss.

In any case, Geno fans have a legitemate argument to make their case for the next game thanks to this remake, and no one can take that away from them.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
I think it's more about Switch being very successful and Square and Nintendo seemingly having fully mended their rift.

Snake is showing up about as often as usual (which is not that often), and Persona, granted, is showing up better than before. Though the same can be said about its presence on Xbox as well, so it's not specifically Nintendo-related.

I mean, Dante is showing up better than before, and he's only a costume. Crash has had good attendance, and he's nothing. The Switch is even getting support from Valve and Rockstar.
But it also makes me wonder if Smash Ultimate may not be a one-time thing with these third-party companies. Sonic and Mega Man has always been around, so there's nothing to worry about with them but Cloud and Joker both got their biggest games (which is also their debut games) released on a Nintendo console for the first time while Snake got a collection that includes his biggest game released on that very same console. Like you said, there's also Dante who finally has his own game released on a Nintendo console. So these kind of things help their exposure to the Nintendo and Smash Bros fanbase.

With the success of both Ultimate and Nintendo's current console, they may see too much value to be missing out when the next Smash game comes around.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I think i'll pick up that Metal Gear legacy collection, ive always liked the stories in these games but have never played them myself.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Sure, certain Geno fans really didn't act in a suitable way last time (underselling it a bit here), and the Geno thread got locked numerous times because of a lot of unsavory incidents that happened there, that I won't deny. However, I can't claim they were all the bad players for what happened in the last speculation cycle considering there was a crowd hoping to see Geno's eventual deconfirmation so they can have their laughs and joys at their loss.
I wouldn't suggest they were unilaterally bad either, there were plenty of agreeable and level-headed Geno supporters.

It's just that "unnecessarily treated as a punching bag in the last speculation cycle" is phrased without acknowledging much of their own culpability. Not to expunge the blame on the other side either. I just don't think it's a balanced picture, especially since up until... mid-2019 or so, there really wasn't much acrimony between the Geno fanbase and the rest, and it didn't kick off with everyone just deciding to start picking on them.

In any case, Geno fans have a legitemate argument to make their stand for the next game thanks to this remake, and no one can take that away from them.
Agreed.

Though I think they had a legitimate argument last time as well, it just didn't pan out.

It really all depends on how fervently that argument is made. And which other arguments end up being made along with it.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Meh, still think it's about as likely as Magolor being in Smash. As in still not very likely.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Just had a thought, since 2025 will be the 40th anni of SMB1, could that be a good time for a "Year of Peach"?

Then again, it'd have to be a "Year of Bowser" too...

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Meh, still think it's about as likely as Magolor being in Smash. As in still not very likely.
Nah Magolors like the second most popular Kirby Newcomer and kirby at this point desreves 2 Newcomers so yeah if sakurai isnt responsible for the Kirby Characters next time arround hes in! (Probably)

Stratos

Smash Lord
Of all the games shown at today's Nintendo Direct, they are Super Mario Bros. Wonder, Pikmin 4, Pokémon Detective Pikachu Returns, the Super Mario RPG remake, and Sonic Superstars.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I HAVE RETURNED TO SAY THIS:

can't hide gamefaqs.png

I believe this to be only the beginning of our success as Geno fans, and I truly believed it was going to take Geno getting in as playable in Smash before we could see him return in any other form, but it seems to be that just the outcry alone and possibly Sakurai trying hard enough to get him in the game sent enough waves.

We ARE getting a new Smash game, likely for the new Switch upgrade that we all know is coming, and the one and only blue puppet boi WILL be in it.

Oh and yes, I will be uploading my live reaction as a 30-yr-old man crying like a ***** over a fictional puppet getting a makeover. Hope it will be enjoyed by all who view it.

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Right, yeah so they both got a pretty good shot for next time around.
I think even if those who missed the boat stay highly requested and keep their momentum they can eventually make it one day like we've seen with Ridley, K.Rool and Banjo.

Whether it's Dee, Rayman, Geno or Crash, I'd never count any of em out unless they ever for some reason take a nosedive. Even Isaac is still kicking from what I see here and there.

Quillion

Smash Hero
How soon will we even get a new Smash? Will we get a second one on the Switch since there are a lot of new stuff coming soon?

If we're going by the usual "relevance", I don't think SMRPGR will have much influence.

Also relevance is a BS metric to choose characters with anyway since it comes and goes and Sakurai doesn't even like cutting characters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How soon will we even get a new Smash? Will we get a second one on the Switch since there are a lot of new stuff coming soon?

If we're going by the usual "relevance", I don't think SMRPGR will have much influence.

Also relevance is a BS metric to choose characters with anyway since it comes and goes and Sakurai doesn't even like cutting characters.
Usually new Smash games come out within the first two years of a console's lifespan. Right now I'm leaning toward the Switch's successor showing up around March 2025, so by the end of 2027 is when I expect the next Smash.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Usually new Smash games come out within the first two years of a console's lifespan. Right now I'm leaning toward the Switch's successor showing up around March 2025, so by the end of 2027 is when I expect the next Smash.
By that time, SMRPGR will be a bit far in the past though.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
It would be more realistic to see the Switch successor next year, as we've already kinda caught up to the pushback from the pandemic.

Note that in this Direct, they didn't pop up the mention about Covid-19. I think this is because they are fully back on schedule at this point and no longer need to pin that up as a valid excuse. Adding in that the Switch has already seen it's 6th anniversary this year and Nintendo consoles tend to have their replacement roll in around that time as well as how much a lot of these recent titles are chugging on the current hardware, and it really is a recipe for seeing a new console sooner rather than later.

Additionally, Smash can show up whenever it wants to. It has that kind of power where Nintendo can just push the button and they make instant money and dopamine. Considering that it showed up in the second year of the Switch, it could easily do so again, and that is if they wait that long and don't do some weird shizzle like announcing FP3 at the Sept event...though I REALLY do think that a new game on a new console is much more likely.

Stratos

Smash Lord
I think at the 2024 Nintendo Direct he will show something about the new console and the new Super Smash Bros. game or 2025 at the latest.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Gotta admit though, if there's another Smash on the Switch, it'll be much better since it's a late console release rather than early console. That way, it can showcase and promote things already on the console.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I think i came up with the perfect roster (although its really huge)
1687375642707.png

Some Clarifications:
Dr Mario, Chrom, Lucina, OOT Sheik are all voice costumes!
I basically added something to every ongoing franchise or bigger franchises with only one character
While it seems like earthbound got nothing Paula and Ninten would be alts
"alph" Would be an amalgam of ALph and pikmin 4 Lady while Olimar gets a louie alt
Yellows are echos although maybe more ken/ Ultimate Chrome styled echos
Im pretty satisfied and wanna turn this roster into a full selection screen (hence the random)
What do you think?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So, that direct was pretty garbo for the first half until they started throwing out heavy hits from Mario RPG onward.

I think the talk of the town rn is Geno. When I did talk about him last, I said his main issues were his lack of relevancy, how niche he was at the end of the day, and how his game didn't even show up in Europe until the SNES mini. Now, he is getting a big new remake that is releasing right in the middle of Nintendo's holiday season.

I don't think he's a lock, but this is easily the most likely Geno has been ever. I would give him around a 5/10, maybe even a 6/10 if the remake sells particularly well.

I think its important to remember just because we could get a new Smash game by 12/27, that does not mean the roster will completely reflect that.

Smash rosters are set in stone pretty early in development. Brawl's roster for example is pulling heavily from the Gamecube era and doesn't pull much from the Wii era. Even in terms of trophies and music, we did not get much highlighting the early Wii. Smash 4 and Ultimate also show this. The only two new switch games that got stages in the base game were Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. It's also why games like ARMS and Xenoblade 2 did not make the base game.

Let's say the game is coming out in the holiday season of 2026. It likely would begin development soon if it had a 2-3 year development cycle. This is a big part of why I say the next Smash will be keeping a strong eye on the big success stories of the Switch. New series like Astral Chain doing well or games that signaled huge growth for their series like Xenoblade 3 or Kirby and the Forgotten Land are probably going to be on the team's mind. A game like Mario RPG remake doing well does put it on the radar, especially when Geno has his cult fanbase already.

My guess is we get new hardware in 2025. I could easily see a Smash game as a launch window title, similar to how Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was to help push the Switch. Does that mean Ultimate Deluxe? No, but I do think some sort of killer app within the launch window is not out of the question, particularly from the Switch's best selling series like Mario Kart, Smash, or Mario.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I just had a thought about Olimar, or anyone from Pikmin 4 that becomes playable next Smash. How about if the stage is dark or nighttime, the Pikmin character pulls out Glow Pikmin to assist them in the fight? I think it would be a nice touch.
If we get a Pikmin 4 character, I could see them being a semi clone or echo fighter of Olimar. Have them use Ice, Rock, and Glow Pikmin in the mix instead of the standard lot for Olimar. Maybe you give them Winged Pikmin too and change their UP B to Oatshi.

I think a stage based on nightime or one of the caves is a good call, particularly to avoid being too similar to Distant Planet or Garden of Hope.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
If we get a Pikmin 4 character, I could see them being a semi clone or echo fighter of Olimar. Have them use Ice, Rock, and Glow Pikmin in the mix instead of the standard lot for Olimar. Maybe you give them Winged Pikmin too and change their UP B to Oatshi.

I think a stage based on nightime or one of the caves is a good call, particularly to avoid being too similar to Distant Planet or Garden of Hope.
Oh, nice thoughts! I love the idea of dealing with frenzied creatures at night in a Pikmin stage!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

So, this is kind of a rough sale list for Ultimate's DLC. At least in NA. Happy to see Joker and Sora sold particularly well.

Full list so people dont have to go on twitter.
  1. Fighters Pass Vol. 2
  2. Steve & Alex
  3. Piranha Plant (Unsure if the free pre-order bonus is counted too)
  4. Fighters Pass Vol. 1
  5. Sora
  6. Joker
  7. Kazuya
  8. Sephiroth
  9. Pyra/Mythra
  10. Sans Costume
  11. Cuphead Costume
  12. Byleth
  13. Terry
  14. Banjo & Kazooie
  15. Hero
  16. Min Min

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

So, this is kind of a rough sale list for Ultimate's DLC. At least in NA. Happy to see Joker and Sora sold particularly well.

1. Fighters Pass Vol. 2
  2. Steve & Alex
  4. Fighters Pass Vol. 1
  5. Sora
  6. Joker
  7. Kazuya
  8. Sephiroth
  9. Pyra/Mythra
  10. Sans Costume
  11. Cuphead Costume
  12. Byleth
  13. Terry
  14. Banjo & Kazooie
  15. Hero
  16. Min Min
Required reading for the people that can't comprehend why people expect third parties in DLC.
They typically sell extremely well. However it's not a shock that, in the West, Hero came in low along with Terry. Banjo is the surprising one, especially beneath Byleth and Terry with how people talked him up and **** on the other two.

For the UK the list is
Steve
Plant
FP2
Joker
FP1
Sephiroth
Sans costume
Pythra
Kazuya
Sora
Cuphead costume
Banjo
Min Min
Byleth
Hero
Terry

There's also mii costumes to factor and, again in the UK, they are:
1. Sans
2. Cuphead
3. Doom Slayer
4. Pig
5. Diamond armour
6. Creeper
7. Rathalos armour
8. Bomberman
9. Dante
10. Dragonborn
11. Vault Boy
12. Team Rocket
13. Rabbid hat
14. Tails
15. Knuckles
16. Altair
17. Geno
18. Heihachi
19. Shantae
20. Octoling wig
21. Marie
22. P3 Protag
23. Callie
24. Judd hat
25. X
26. Arthur

27. Morgana Hat
28. P4 Protag
29. Slime hat
30. Ninjara
31. Travis
32. Ryo Sakazaki
33. Tifa
34. Lloyd
35. Proto Man
36. Zero
37. Barret
38. Martial Artist
39. Veronica
40. Nakoruru
41. Felyne Hat
42. Hunter Armour
43. Gil
44. Chocobo Hat
45. Erdrick
46. Akira
47. MegaMan.EXE
48. Aerith
49. Iori
50. Jacky
51. Teddie hat
52. Goemon

From general observations, Doom Slayer, Minecraft, Rathalos armour, Dante, Team Rocket, Dragonborn and Bomberman generally round out the top 10 mii outfits outside of Sans and Cuphead with characters like Vault Boy, Tails and Altair coming close or making it in on occasion. Other notable strong performers include Geno, Rabbid Hat, Heihachi and Knuckles.

Aaayei

Smash Cadet

1. Fighters Pass Vol. 2
  2. Steve & Alex
  4. Fighters Pass Vol. 1
  5. Sora
  6. Joker
  7. Kazuya
  8. Sephiroth
  9. Pyra/Mythra
  10. Sans Costume
  11. Cuphead Costume
  12. Byleth
  13. Terry
  14. Banjo & Kazooie
  15. Hero
  16. Min Min
Decided to go all out and document the entire dlc ranking for the US including all the miis

1. Fighters Pass 2
2. Steve
3. Plant (Technically a pre-order freebie, so may fudge the numbers)
4. Fighters Pass 1
5. Sora
6. Joker
7. Sephiroth
8. Pythra
9. Kazuya
10. Sans
11. Cuphead
12. Terry
13. Byleth
14. Banjo
15. Hero
16. Min Min
17. Doomslayer
18. Pig
19. Diamond Armor
20. Creeper
21. Rathalos
22. Bomberman
23. Vaultboy
24. Dante
25. Knuckles
26. Tails
27. Dragonborn
28. Altäir
29. Team Rocket
30. Shantae
31. Ryo
32. Rabbid
33. Proto Man
34. Tifa
35. X
36. Zero
37. Heihachi
38. Geno
39. P3 Protagonist
40. P4 Protagonist
41. Octoling
42. Arthur
43. Lloyd
44. Callie
45. Marie
46. Barret
47. Aerith
48. Megaman.EXE
49. Judd
50. Morgana
51. Erdrick
52. Travis
53. Martial Artist
54. Ninjara
55. Hunter's Mail
56. Iori
57. Gil
58. Chocobo
59. Felyne
60. Akira
61. Slime
62. Nakoruru
63. Jacky
64. Goemon
65. Teddie
66. Veronica

1. Sans
2. Cuphead
3. Doomslayer
4. Pig
5. Diamond Armor
6. Creeper
7. Rathalos
8. Bomberman
9. Vaultboy
10. Dante
11. Knuckles
12. Tails
13. Dragonborn
14. Altäir
15. Team Rocket
16. Shantae
17. Ryo
18. Rabbid
19. Proto Man
20. Tifa
21. X
22. Zero
23. Heihachi
24. Geno
25. P3 Protagonist
26. P4 Protagonist
27. Octoling
28. Arthur
29. Lloyd
30. Callie
31. Marie
32. Barret
33. Aerith
34. Megaman.EXE
35. Judd
36. Morgana
37. Erdrick
38. Travis
39. Martial Artist
40. Ninjara
41. Hunter's Mail
42. Iori
43. Gil
44. Chocobo
45. Felyne
46. Akira
47. Slime
48. Nakoruru
49. Jacky
50. Goemon
51. Teddie
52. Veronica

My big takeaway here is Doomslayer being third out of all costumes and Minecraft stuff in general being an easy seller

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Champion
But it also makes me wonder if Smash Ultimate may not be a one-time thing with these third-party companies. Sonic and Mega Man has always been around, so there's nothing to worry about with them but Cloud and Joker both got their biggest games (which is also their debut games) released on a Nintendo console for the first time while Snake got a collection that includes his biggest game released on that very same console. Like you said, there's also Dante who finally has his own game released on a Nintendo console. So these kind of things help their exposure to the Nintendo and Smash Bros fanbase.

With the success of both Ultimate and Nintendo's current console, they may see too much value to be missing out when the next Smash game comes around.
Well ideally I'm sure Sakurai/Nintendo would like to retain them all, but, assuming it isn't a deluxe version, cuts are going to be substantial enough that some of them are just going to have to go. And since third-parties aren't added on the basis of their Nintendo support, I don't think they'll be cut on that basis either.

Like, Ryu has alright Nintendo support, but the last time we got a mainline Street Fighter when that game was actually current (other than on 3DS) was back in the SNES era. SF3 didn't show up til this gen, SF4 only has the 3DS port, and SF5 and 6 probably won't be showing up any time soon.

But I doubt they'll cut the character. Or, at least, he would be prioritized above many other third-parties.

On the other hand, Joker has shown up lately on the Switch several times, and Persona in general is supporting Nintendo more than ever before, but he does seem one of the less likely to stick around, just because many of the others seem like they'd be higher priority.

Nah Magolors like the second most popular Kirby Newcomer and kirby at this point desreves 2 Newcomers so yeah if sakurai isnt responsible for the Kirby Characters next time arround hes in! (Probably)
Probably not, it's unwise to expect two original newcomers in one game from any series.

That doesn't usually hinder fan choices or third-parties as much as regular first-parties.

1. Fighters Pass Vol. 2
  2. Steve & Alex
  4. Fighters Pass Vol. 1
  5. Sora
  6. Joker
  7. Kazuya
  8. Sephiroth
  9. Pyra/Mythra
  10. Sans Costume
  11. Cuphead Costume
  12. Byleth
  13. Terry
  14. Banjo & Kazooie
  15. Hero
  16. Min Min
Did they just add this feature? Because, like... if it was possible before someone would've done it a long time ago.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Probably not, it's unwise to expect two original newcomers in one game from any series.

Did they just add this feature? Because, like... if it was possible before someone would've done it a long time ago.
I think for most series, it is unwise. But there are a small selection of ones that I think could reasonably get two original characters in a modern Smash game. Mario and Pokemon both have done so since Melee and are Nintendo's largest series. Getting two Mario characters or two Pokemon isn't the weirdest thing at the end of the day.

As for the feature, idk? At the very least, this was not brought up or common knowledge beforehand. I feel like people can just miss easy to access stuff like this.

I am happy that we do have this nugget of information though, it is interesting.

Decided to go all out and document the entire dlc ranking for the US including all the miis

1. Fighters Pass 2
2. Steve
3. Plant (Technically a pre-order freebie, so may fudge the numbers)
4. Fighters Pass 1
5. Sora
6. Joker
7. Sephiroth
8. Pythra
9. Kazuya
10. Sans
11. Cuphead
12. Terry
13. Byleth
14. Banjo
15. Hero
16. Min Min
17. Doomslayer
18. Pig
19. Diamond Armor
20. Creeper
21. Rathalos
22. Bomberman
23. Vaultboy
24. Dante
25. Knuckles
26. Tails
27. Dragonborn
28. Altäir
29. Team Rocket
30. Shantae
31. Ryo
32. Rabbid
33. Proto Man
34. Tifa
35. X
36. Zero
37. Heihachi
38. Geno
39. P3 Protagonist
40. P4 Protagonist
41. Octoling
42. Arthur
43. Lloyd
44. Callie
45. Marie
46. Barret
47. Aerith
48. Megaman.EXE
49. Judd
50. Morgana
51. Erdrick
52. Travis
53. Martial Artist
54. Ninjara
55. Hunter's Mail
56. Iori
57. Gil
58. Chocobo
59. Felyne
60. Akira
61. Slime
62. Nakoruru
63. Jacky
64. Goemon
65. Teddie
66. Veronica

1. Sans
2. Cuphead
3. Doomslayer
4. Pig
5. Diamond Armor
6. Creeper
7. Rathalos
8. Bomberman
9. Vaultboy
10. Dante
11. Knuckles
12. Tails
13. Dragonborn
14. Altäir
15. Team Rocket
16. Shantae
17. Ryo
18. Rabbid
19. Proto Man
20. Tifa
21. X
22. Zero
23. Heihachi
24. Geno
25. P3 Protagonist
26. P4 Protagonist
27. Octoling
28. Arthur
29. Lloyd
30. Callie
31. Marie
32. Barret
33. Aerith
34. Megaman.EXE
35. Judd
36. Morgana
37. Erdrick
38. Travis
39. Martial Artist
40. Ninjara
41. Hunter's Mail
42. Iori
43. Gil
44. Chocobo
45. Felyne
46. Akira
47. Slime
48. Nakoruru
49. Jacky
50. Goemon
51. Teddie
52. Veronica

My big takeaway here is Doomslayer being third out of all costumes and Minecraft stuff in general being an easy seller
Required reading for the people that can't comprehend why people expect third parties in DLC.
They typically sell extremely well. However it's not a shock that, in the West, Hero came in low along with Terry. Banjo is the surprising one, especially beneath Byleth and Terry with how people talked him up and **** on the other two.

For the UK the list is
Steve
Plant
FP2
Joker
FP1
Sephiroth
Sans costume
Pythra
Kazuya
Sora
Cuphead costume
Banjo
Min Min
Byleth
Hero
Terry

There's also mii costumes to factor and, again in the UK, they are:
1. Sans
2. Cuphead
3. Doom Slayer
4. Pig
5. Diamond armour
6. Creeper
7. Rathalos armour
8. Bomberman
9. Dante
10. Dragonborn
11. Vault Boy
12. Team Rocket
13. Rabbid hat
14. Tails
15. Knuckles
16. Altair
17. Geno
18. Heihachi
19. Shantae
20. Octoling wig
21. Marie
22. P3 Protag
23. Callie
24. Judd hat
25. X
26. Arthur

27. Morgana Hat
28. P4 Protag
29. Slime hat
30. Ninjara
31. Travis
32. Ryo Sakazaki
33. Tifa
34. Lloyd
35. Proto Man
36. Zero
37. Barret
38. Martial Artist
39. Veronica
40. Nakoruru
41. Felyne Hat
42. Hunter Armour
43. Gil
44. Chocobo Hat
45. Erdrick
46. Akira
47. MegaMan.EXE
48. Aerith
49. Iori
50. Jacky
51. Teddie hat
52. Goemon

From general observations, Doom Slayer, Minecraft, Rathalos armour, Dante, Team Rocket, Dragonborn and Bomberman generally round out the top 10 mii outfits outside of Sans and Cuphead with characters like Vault Boy, Tails and Altair coming close or making it in on occasion. Other notable strong performers include Geno, Rabbid Hat, Heihachi and Knuckles.
Really cool to get all this information! I'd love to see what it is like in the rest of Europe and Japan especially.

This sales are split by country, so it is cool seeing all the little breakdowns of things.

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Champion
I think for most series, it is unwise. But there are a small selection of ones that I think could reasonably get two original characters in a modern Smash game. Mario and Pokemon both have done so since Melee and are Nintendo's largest series. Getting two Mario characters or two Pokemon isn't the weirdest thing at the end of the day.
That doesn't make it prudent to expect it, that just means it could happen. Yeah Mario and Pokemon have received more than one original newcomer before, but after Melee, it only happened one time for each, 4 and Brawl respectively.

It we get a reboot, then maybe the chances go up. Though I still wouldn't anticipate it for Kirby, because the three we have now seem like they'd be priorities, and reaching five with a rebooted roster seems pretty unlikely.

As for the feature, idk? At the very least, this was not brought up or common knowledge beforehand. I feel like people can just miss easy to access stuff like this.

I am happy that we do have this nugget of information though, it is interesting.
I don't think the entire fanbase would've missed this during the time the characters were actually coming out. This fanbase is insanely obsessive and meticulous.

Top Bottom