• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Oracle Link

Smash Master
19 zelda characters? now we're talking
I mean thats what im Saying make a Zelda Smash Nintendo!
Super Smash Legends
1670530655541.png

I Just Threw Together a Roster with Characters from most Zelda Games Although i ignored some like Zelda 1 and 2 Because they had like no real Characters!
These are Like 30 Characters which seems like a Reasonable Ammount! and all big Wishes Are Included! and some oddballs

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
A lot of the Tingle hate was due to two big reasons.

1) Dude was obnoxious in Wind Waker
2) There was a lot of dude bro style hatred for anything that wasn't heteronormative back then. Tingle, though not gay (one of his games is him picking up chicks lmao), got a lot of hatred because of how he acted and how he dressed.

Tingle got an unfair deal. But it's just what happened. Nintendo got the memo that people didn't like him. He's probably not coming back in a mainline game unless he gets a Big the Cat style ironic resurgence. I don't think Tingle is funny enough to pull that off.
I mean, he did get lucky with Hyrule Warriors and being based around the more laid-back Majora's Mask version, which is the version I think most people didn't mind due to him being a guy trying to help his father(not to mention not having the whole Triforce Map deal). But yeah, probably not coming back unless they pull a Big the Cat and/or try to make his next appearance have a more positive reception.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
I agree that if Smash started today and they had to build the roster up from scratch, Sheik probably wouldn’t make the cut. What I think a lot of people are overlooking is her legacy as a Smash character. She’s been in every game since Melee and has a lot of fans just through Smash. Much in the same way that Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff might not make the cut just based on their appearances outside of Smash, I feel their presence has become pretty iconic from Smash alone.
I think everyone is aware that she's a legacy character, and the people who are indifferent to her don't really care.

No one is obliged to care about any character. Personally I'm pretty indifferent about Jigglypuff as well. These are characters that are, from a series perspective, pretty expendable. And it's true that Captain Falcon probably wouldn't be added nowadays, but that's because F-Zero probably wouldn't get a character, not because he's comparatively unimportant to his series. He's the main character.

I also think, cut-wise, he's the safest of the three.

If people want to have Impa adopt Sheik’s playstyle, why not add her as an echo rather than replacing Sheik outright. It wouldn’t be that much more effort to keep Sheik at that point and it would keep everyone happy. On the other hand, I feel like Zelda could really use another completely unique character. We haven’t had any since Melee and even then, Ganondorf and Young Link were just clones. Replacing Sheik with Impa wouldn’t really solve that problem.
Well because the paradigm of this discussion was under the either/or preferential scenario. People have responded by saying that Sheik won't be cut or to just have them both, but neither of those is actually being argued against.

Cutting Sheik because of some arbitrary view of the roster without thinking about 20+ years of Smash is the single most insular speculation thing I have seen yet. Smash is never truly going to go to a “foundational” level given we have 25 years almost of Smash at this point. It’s a fringe at best view and is exponentially unlikely. Literally the only way sheik is going to be in any remote danger of a cut is a hardcore reboot of smash, which I think is just a speculation dream. Nintendo doesn’t broadly mess with the formula, especially when this smash sold more than Brawl and Melee combined easily.

I also find it hilarious that people complain about Zelda representation, yet are still whining that we should cut one of the few unique Zelda characters we have to give that moveset to someone else. The roster will never be a perfect picture of representation you expect. Sure, if smash was made from the ground up today, sheik might not be there. Neither would plenty of Brawl and before characters. Would Earthbound be a priority without Smash helping add interest? Would Falcon have any strong chance with the state of F Zero? What if Kid Icarus never got its remake due to Brawl? Sure, if smash went to some “fundamental level” things could be different. That’s not gonna happen. The genie is out of the bottle. Smash Ultimate was the best selling fighting game ever. They are not going to hard reboot things. Even if they were, the niche fringe at best views that are on here would not be how they reboot it in the slightest.
This is a strawman in regards to what I've been saying. I never said Sheik should be cut.

If this post is at all in reference to what I've been saying, the only thing I did say is eventually the roster will be rebuilt from a more foundational level, as it has every time apart from Ultimate. Which I still believe. And you can disagree, but you don't actually know any better.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Cutting Sheik because of some arbitrary view of the roster without thinking about 20+ years of Smash is the single most insular speculation thing I have seen yet. Smash is never truly going to go to a “foundational” level given we have 25 years almost of Smash at this point. It’s a fringe at best view and is exponentially unlikely. Literally the only way sheik is going to be in any remote danger of a cut is a hardcore reboot of smash, which I think is just a speculation dream. Nintendo doesn’t broadly mess with the formula, especially when this smash sold more than Brawl and Melee combined easily.

I also find it hilarious that people complain about Zelda representation, yet are still whining that we should cut one of the few unique Zelda characters we have to give that moveset to someone else. The roster will never be a perfect picture of representation you expect. Sure, if smash was made from the ground up today, sheik might not be there. Neither would plenty of Brawl and before characters. Would Earthbound be a priority without Smash helping add interest? Would Falcon have any strong chance with the state of F Zero? What if Kid Icarus never got its remake due to Brawl? Sure, if smash went to some “fundamental level” things could be different. That’s not gonna happen. The genie is out of the bottle. Smash Ultimate was the best selling fighting game ever. They are not going to hard reboot things. Even if they were, the niche fringe at best views that are on here would not be how they reboot it in the slightest.
Please don't characterize people's arguments as "whining" unless you can be more specific about the posts/statements in question; otherwise, it does nothing but artificially undermine those arguments and, at worst, provoke discussion into becoming unnecessarily emotionally charged.

Also, you have in the past accused me of this "fear mongering" thing, and while I am totally fine with chalking that up to misunderstanding and letting it go, what you're doing here seems to be just that from my perspective (although I don't claim that was your intention).
Like, people bring up the idea of cutting this one, singular character for very specific reasonings which pertain equally specifically to that one, singular character. And somehow that gets blown up into complete removals of multiple first party franchises, some of which even have secondary reps which could be cut without uprooting the whole series.

And yes, what's done is done: EB, KI, and F-Zero have indeed benefitted greatly from the visibility that comes with Smash playability. It'd be nice if the list of such series was even longer than it is. But these are also classic franchises whose importance and impact on the Nintendo community at large go well past just being featured in Smash, even if Smash has helped to motivate that impact and bring it to the public eye. What people are saying is not simply that Smash has made Sheik more visible than she otherwise would be, but that Sheik lacks the impact on OoT or the Zelda series overall which would justify those benefits (even after having received those benefits for years).

Besides, auxiliary, non-core characters like Sheik are simply much easier to cut than primary reps even for smaller franchises, especially when there are superior same-franchise options in place of the former. And while we're speaking of auxiliary reps, don't forget that EB and KI in particular having a second rep makes it vastly likelier that they will stay on the roster in some capacity.

In short, I seriously doubt they will prioritize removal of entire 1P franchises, especially two-plus-rep franchises. And, even if it came to having to remove whole 1P franchises, then certainly the likes of Ice Climber and Gyromite would be at much higher risk.

Lastly, it's not contradictory at all that a unique Zelda rep is being targeted: Sheik being unique is not among the reasons people are thinking she could/should be cut, and it's not like the non-unique existing Zelda reps aren't subject to scrutiny as well. Sheik being unique isn't the issue, and more uniqueness isn't people's only consideration in constructing a satisfactory Zelda roster.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Yeah, had Tingle remained part of just Majora's Mask he probably would have been looked at a bit more favorably, with this status as wanna be elf manchild just accepted as part of the weirdness of Termina. As noted his reputation never recovered from the aforementioned Wind Waker appearance, and Tingle hatred basically ran off sheer inertia for the 10-15 years after that.

Oddly enough I think he might be more accepted now as younger fans likely don't have the same bad early impressions of him, and he probably he could gain at least an ironic fandom if spotlighted. The problem is there's no strong base of support for him to kickstart that sort of thing, and given Nintendo's tendency to ignore even popular characters if they don't have any specific plans for them, not utilizing a figure already infamous for his hatedom is a pretty natural move.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, had Tingle remained part of just Majora's Mask he probably would have been looked at a bit more favorably, with this status as wanna be elf manchild just accepted as part of the weirdness of Termina. As noted his reputation never recovered from the aforementioned Wind Waker appearance, and Tingle hatred basically ran off sheer inertia for the 10-15 years after that.

Oddly enough I think he might be more accepted now as younger fans likely don't have the same bad early impressions of him, and he probably he could gain at least an ironic fandom if spotlighted. The problem is there's no strong base of support for him to kickstart that sort of thing, and given Nintendo's tendency to ignore even popular characters if they don't have any specific plans for them, not utilizing a figure already infamous for his hatedom is a pretty natural move.
fairy man child

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hellooooo everybody.

Sorry to interrupt but I know the game awards are tonight so I’m sure people will want to share any announcements they find exciting in here but I’d like to ask everyone to try and keep the general Game Awards discussion over in the Social Thread while still keeping this one mostly Smash Centric.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Lord
To be honest I always saw more people talking about how much Tingle was ostensibly hated than hating on him themselves. Not to say that wasn't present as well, but the reputation seemed almost built on the meta commentary of itself as much as the direct sentiments.

In any case, I still think it's a shame he's gone from having his own sub-series to basically being expunged from the series. Not that he was ever my favorite or my choice for Smash inclusion back when that seemed more plausible, but I thought it did bring more to the Zelda series overall to have him around.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Not even ironic. The character is interesting and unique. He's not really a man child either(that's used a bit incorrectly here. Those are adults who act like terrible children and have constant tantrums. A good example is Shao Kahn. Anything pisses him off. He's at his worst in the second movie where no matter what you do, he'll kill you. You do the job perfectly? Nope, still dead. Cause he's too stupid to think things through. Even his father Shinnok considers him a complete dumbass and would've dropped him like a ton of bricks for Rayden if the the Thunder God actually chose the evil side. Tingle is way too nice, altruistic, or at worst affable, instead)., but the way MM presents him is more delusional instead. However, as shown in his own game, that's the accurate characterization he generally had. The issue was, of course, pushing him over to the greedy side instead of money being an important aspect and for whatever reason making him a slave driver outright in WW. Which for him, is way over the line. Something that was removed in further games, returning him to at most a bit greedy or very helpful but money is important to him too. You know, traits that fit his backstory rather well instead.

What I want to know is what's up with the MM one. Since he's not the same person, exactly why does he believe he's a fairy? Is his backstory the same as is? Did he travel to Termina and travel again to Hyrule? Is he an ageless being too(though there's kind of the issue with recurring characters being identical with no excuses. Sometimes time travel is involved with Impa, but we have more than one Malon and Talon. Is it just a case of "same named descendants/ascendants" or something else? They've done that a lot and never mentioned reincarnation or anything outside of the Triforce Trio).

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I do wonder if part of the later dislike towards Tingle was that he was the LoZ character with his own spin-offs. Given how well like numerous figures from the series were (even in the mid 2000's), I can't imagine seeing him off all people get his own games did much much to endear him to Western fans.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I do wonder if part of the later dislike towards Tingle was that he was the LoZ character with his own spin-offs. Given how well like numerous figures from the series were (even in the mid 2000's), I can't imagine seeing him off all people get his own games did much much to endure him to Western fans.
Probably not. It started mainly due to WW taking a lovable/at worst base-breaking character from MM and turned him into basically an evil being that only serves as your ally. Albeit, a very useful ally nonetheless in saving the new Hyrule, but there's no denying they made him evil that time. He was completely a nice guy beforehand, so that is a good way to sour him on people. But his other stuff beyond that was completely different, so while they did rerail him, the damage was done.

Keeping in mind the timeline stuff came later, it's not like any other instance is obvious that he changed his ways after WW. He doesn't reappear in the WW timeline after said game, so he was canonically forever an evil guy. He's not a villain, either, but still a bad person. So anyone who liked him already would raise an eyebrow at that portrayal. The minor usage he got since then was wayyyyyyyy better. Though as I noted, he got his own games in the DS era, same as when PH and ST were created, so maybe it was an attempt to rerail him hard into a much better person and explain why he's greedy to try and make it clear that he's generally not a bad person... in most cases.

But yeah, one bad portrayal was far more effective in ruining him for others than his constant good portrayals. Some don't like his eccentric behavior in games otherwise, even though he's a benevolent person and honestly fine in things like FSA where he's just part of a mini-game and is silly only. Sure, he's meant as an obstacle, but he's not mean at all. That and he was easy to use since outside of MM, he's a Toon-designed character. But the hatred pretty much stemmed from WW mainly with the rest being... I guess not all's taste at best. Though it's worth noting that it wasn't simply the extreme prices, it's that the quest to get the Triforce Pieces is exceedingly long as well, coupled with the water travel being fairly slow(fixed in the HD version, somewhat). So part of it is the mechanics he made worse with his specific role in the game. No other game he's in is he causing any massive problems either with personality or gameplay, so.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Probably not. It started mainly due to WW taking a lovable/at worst base-breaking character from MM and turned him into basically an evil being that only serves as your ally. Albeit, a very useful ally nonetheless in saving the new Hyrule, but there's no denying they made him evil that time. He was completely a nice guy beforehand, so that is a good way to sour him on people. But his other stuff beyond that was completely different, so while they did rerail him, the damage was done.

Keeping in mind the timeline stuff came later, it's not like any other instance is obvious that he changed his ways after WW. He doesn't reappear in the WW timeline after said game, so he was canonically forever an evil guy. He's not a villain, either, but still a bad person. So anyone who liked him already would raise an eyebrow at that portrayal. The minor usage he got since then was wayyyyyyyy better. Though as I noted, he got his own games in the DS era, same as when PH and ST were created, so maybe it was an attempt to rerail him hard into a much better person and explain why he's greedy to try and make it clear that he's generally not a bad person... in most cases.

But yeah, one bad portrayal was far more effective in ruining him for others than his constant good portrayals. Some don't like his eccentric behavior in games otherwise, even though he's a benevolent person and honestly fine in things like FSA where he's just part of a mini-game and is silly only. Sure, he's meant as an obstacle, but he's not mean at all. That and he was easy to use since outside of MM, he's a Toon-designed character. But the hatred pretty much stemmed from WW mainly with the rest being... I guess not all's taste at best. Though it's worth noting that it wasn't simply the extreme prices, it's that the quest to get the Triforce Pieces is exceedingly long as well, coupled with the water travel being fairly slow(fixed in the HD version, somewhat). So part of it is the mechanics he made worse with his specific role in the game. No other game he's in is he causing any massive problems either with personality or gameplay, so.
Quite an interesting perspective. Especially considering how people treat bad guys they like. Guess he just wasn’t bad enough. Which is saying something considering he enslaved a guy.

Laniv

Smash Champion
On the topic of Zelda, anyone remember Vaati? No? Just me? He had a decent amount of support in the pre-Brawl era

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Quite an interesting perspective. Especially considering how people treat bad guys they like. Guess he just wasn’t bad enough. Which is saying something considering he enslaved a guy.
Yeah. He was horrible in Wind Waker. Not sure how he had popularity for that version in Japan at all. Though he did return in FSA as a much less evil person, so that probably helped fix it by rerailing him. The west just hated him more whereas the east overall liked his other portrayals instead of focusing on one bad moment.

Well, regardless, is what it is.

On the topic of Zelda, anyone remember Vaati? No? Just me? He had a decent amount of support in the pre-Brawl era
I mean, I did mention him in one of my many posts. Albeit, I don't think he had a good chance in one of the hypothetical earlier(where we didn't get any clones or Zelda/Sheik), but he's a really neat character. If only he got used again~

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Vaati is interesting because he felt like one of the few non-Ganondorf villains that could have pulled off being a recurring antagonist had they brought him back after Minish Cap. Interesting enough to continue exploring, powerful enough to be a threat (without being so powerful that warranted him being permanently killed) and with a solid base design that could still work in various different art styles. Always felt it was a waste he didn't pop up in Hyrule Warriors given what potential he had in that style game.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I certainly remember. Heck, I wanted him for Hyrule Warriors when that was still getting DLC and when Legends happened. Sadly, he didn't happen. Probably because Koei still had a grudge against Capcom.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
FE: Engage expansion pass will feature the TH house leaders (pre-timeskip designs) and Tiki.

More generally, loving the nostalgia rush with this game. Wouldn't want it to this degree in every new FE installment, but for something that was allegedly planned as an anniversary game it's more than fine for this particular one IMO.

Also, this game being so nostalgia-rush and past-celebratory in nature makes me feel even more like it would be a good time to pump the brakes on a dedicated newcomer and just let Marth, Ike, etc. serve as the Smash co-marketing for it.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Vaati is interesting because he felt like one of the few non-Ganondorf villains that could have pulled off being a recurring antagonist had they brought him back after Minish Cap. Interesting enough to continue exploring, powerful enough to be a threat (without being so powerful that warranted him being permanently killed) and with a solid base design that could still work in various different art styles. Always felt it was a waste he didn't pop up in Hyrule Warriors given what potential he had in that style game.
Vaati was completely dropped even more than Tingle was(who even still got references via a costume in BOTW. So Nintendo still sees something in the latter, at least).

It sucks. Maybe cause it was a Capcom-created character? At least for further usage, sometimes Nintendo won't really use a character if they don't want to write them properly. Vaati is basically a dialogue-based villain, not just a quick one-off boss. As well as meant for Four Swords' storyline. Which has been done for a while now, so.

...Though the idea that Koei has some issues with Capcom may make sense, but that doesn't mean much on its own. Unless Nintendo doesn't 100% own Vaati(this does happen with 1st party games, where Nintendo doesn't fully own said characters. All Pokemon stuff is co-owned by 3 total companies, for instance, so, it's not just a Nintendo-owned product). Not saying it applies to the unique FS characters, mind you, just that until we know the details, it's possible. Hell, we don't even outright know how much Square owns the unique SMRPG stuff. Other than having some ownership in general.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
How do people feel about Tingle these days? I know he used to be hated a lot in the west (or at least in America, I'm not sure how well he was received elsewhere), but he was popular enough in Japan that he started in a few games of his own.
I feel like if any Zelda character outside of the "Triforce Trio" is prominent enough to get in Smash, then he certainly is, and sometimes I wonder if the main reason he isn't in Smash already is because Nintendo and/or Sakurai are concerned about the potential backlash from his haters.
So do people still hate him that much? And conversely, is he still popular in Japan? Because I can't help but feel like we're sleeping on the funny rupee man.
While I'm not a huge fan of Tingle, I kinda like him. I think he "deserves" a spot, for being recurrent, kinda important in some of the best Zelda games, for being the first official player 2 in the franchise, and for having his own spin-off. Besides, his look is funny and disturbing at the same time. He's actually one of my most wanted (well, let's say he's in my top ten... or not far below), and I would prefer him to Girahim or Midna.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I dunno enough about Bayonetta to really weigh in on that but I do think this new new releasee is a win for fans of the series and for those who want more Bayo content in smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The reason I am indifferent towards Sheik is because she fits all those descriptors you used for Impa, or would, were it not for her Smash appearance, but as a one-off disguise for Zelda, to an even greater extent. If Impa is minor, then I'd hate to think what Sheik is. The different is Sheik's on the roster, but that doesn't change who the character is.

I'm not saying other people have to feel that way. But I'm indifferent to Sheik in the way I suspect most people here would be indifferent to Wolf Link being added. Not Midna and Wolf Link, just Wolf Link. At least he was the main character.

Also, the line demarcating major franchise character here also seems... strange. SS, HW and AoC isn't enough, but SS, HW, AoC, and one more is? Seems... kind of arbitrary. And also just having those three is pretty good for a non-triforce character. Let alone also OoT and BotW appearances (even if she's not feasible in the latter). It's true Skull Kid might be more popular, but he's also not popular enough to get in on popularity. Meanwhile Impa's probably going to recur, and he isn't. On how Smash does things, it seems like it'd either be her or whoever rotates into the spotlight in whatever the newest game is. I mean, unless and until Skull Kid or Midna get more popular.

And the cut talk, for me, was hypothetical. Were we to only get one or the other.

Having said that, not to do with Sheik specifically, but eventually the axe is going to come down harder, and by the nature of having to start the roster from a more foundational level, which is the typical way they've done it historically, cuts are going to be more comprehensive. Just from the perspective of logistics. There are only so many characters they have the capability to add with finite time and resources, and with a normal amount of newcomers, cuts are, well, "taken more lightly" probably isn't the best descriptor, but they certainly will be more thorough.
I cannot think of one Zelda character that has the popularity, fame and importance comparable to the Triforce trio as Impa. There's no other character even remotely close. And yes Age of Calamity is a perfectly fine appearance for Impa that counts. It was heavily advertised by Nintendo and is the most succesful Warriors title to date.

Impa should not be overlooked. She's the only real solid choice for a Zelda newcomer, unless Tears of the Kingdom has a surprise revival of a character like Midna, Ghirahim, Skull Kid or the Champions.

The only other candidate I see is Ganon, but that's highly unlikely. A Champion also could be considered and am sure one would've been added to Ultimate if it followed the newcomer selection pattern of Smash 4, but no.

Laniv

Smash Champion
I say that if Impa gets in, she should use either her skyward sword design or her link between worlds design

Now that I think about Impa, she kinda had the opposite fate of Tingle, didn't she? She showed up fairly often in the early days of the series, then after Ocarina of Time and the Oracle games, she just disappeared, which was right around the time Tingle started showing up more. Then come Skyward Sword, she's back to being a major character while Tingle slowly gets phased out.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I say that if Impa gets in, she should use either her skyward sword design or her link between worlds design

Now that I think about Impa, she kinda had the opposite fate of Tingle, didn't she? She showed up fairly often in the early days of the series, then after Ocarina of Time and the Oracle games, she just disappeared, which was right around the time Tingle started showing up more. Then come Skyward Sword, she's back to being a major character while Tingle slowly gets phased out.
Maybe they’re the same person! They’ve never been seen together

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Both of them also has some characters based upon them too, heh. SS had a Tingle-variant, while Impa had one in TP.

Funny thing is? Impa's first in-game design came from the CD-i games. She didn't even appear in the cartoons, oddly enough(despite being easy to create. She has artwork, after all).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Both of them also has some characters based upon them too, heh. SS had a Tingle-variant, while Impa had one in TP.

Funny thing is? Impa's first in-game design came from the CD-i games. She didn't even appear in the cartoons, oddly enough(despite being easy to create. She has artwork, after all).
Tingle has a variant in TP too

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Tingle has a variant in TP too
Was it that and not SS? Or both? I forget.

Either way, it's pretty safe to say neither were all that forgotten, heh.

That and Impa is odd cause apparently more than one exists or she's a time-traveling master that can be in any time she wants. ...Or it could be a combination of both.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
I hope the token new TotK character(s) is/are interesting considering, going forward, more than ever, a Zelda newcomer will be a focal point of discussion, given how long it's been since the last.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I actually rather liked Purlo, as small as his role was. A more grounded variant of Tingle initially friendly but actually a coniving conman type was fairly amusing (and may have been a subtle jab at how Tingle came across in Wind Waker).

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I hope the token new TotK character(s) is/are interesting considering, going forward, more than ever, a Zelda newcomer will be a focal point of discussion, given how long it's been since the last.
Watch it be another Link, Zelda, or Ganon

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Not even ironic. The character is interesting and unique. He's not really a man child either(that's used a bit incorrectly here. Those are adults who act like terrible children and have constant tantrums. A good example is Shao Kahn. Anything pisses him off. He's at his worst in the second movie where no matter what you do, he'll kill you. You do the job perfectly? Nope, still dead. Cause he's too stupid to think things through. Even his father Shinnok considers him a complete dumbass and would've dropped him like a ton of bricks for Rayden if the the Thunder God actually chose the evil side. Tingle is way too nice, altruistic, or at worst affable, instead)., but the way MM presents him is more delusional instead. However, as shown in his own game, that's the accurate characterization he generally had. The issue was, of course, pushing him over to the greedy side instead of money being an important aspect and for whatever reason making him a slave driver outright in WW. Which for him, is way over the line. Something that was removed in further games, returning him to at most a bit greedy or very helpful but money is important to him too. You know, traits that fit his backstory rather well instead.

What I want to know is what's up with the MM one. Since he's not the same person, exactly why does he believe he's a fairy? Is his backstory the same as is? Did he travel to Termina and travel again to Hyrule? Is he an ageless being too(though there's kind of the issue with recurring characters being identical with no excuses. Sometimes time travel is involved with Impa, but we have more than one Malon and Talon. Is it just a case of "same named descendants/ascendants" or something else? They've done that a lot and never mentioned reincarnation or anything outside of the Triforce Trio).
You do Know Shao Kahn was Smart in the OG Timeline Right?
That Dude Poisend Onaga Until he could beat him, he also came up with the whole Reviving Sindel so i can take over Earthrealm Plan!
But yeah i cant really Blame anyone for not Knowing that because the old stories are difficult to unearth! I just happend to watch some MK Tubers heck i didnt even play the games!

Also Tingle in Rosy Rupeeland was Great that Game Was Really Fun To watch although you definitly need to know the sums of Money to have Fun!

Top Bottom