• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It's entirely up to Rare to get other developers to work on other IPs. Battletoad reboot was developed by Dlala Studios. Not to mention rumored next Killer Instinct by Bandai Namco. Rare did let other developers handle their IP under their supervision. So, Rare did what you are claiming to desire.
I guess I’m not explaining myself well enough. I realize that they are already doing this. All I was trying to say was that I wished we got games using their IP a little more often than we do. I wasn’t trying to blame Microsoft or anyone for it. The main reason I’d like to see them back with Nintendo is because I grew up in the 80’s and 90’s and I still think of RARE characters as honorary Nintendo characters. It would also help get them into Smash even if we didn’t get many more games than we do already.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I guess I’m not explaining myself well enough. I realize that they are already doing this. All I was trying to say was that I wished we got games using their IP a little more often than we do. I wasn’t trying to blame Microsoft or anyone for it. The main reason I’d like to see them back with Nintendo is because I grew up in the 80’s and 90’s and I still think of RARE characters as honorary Nintendo characters. It would also help get them into Smash even if we didn’t get many more games than we do already.
Then, we should get Bayonetta back to multiplatform in return. I mean that shouldn't be only one way.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Then, we should get Bayonetta back to multiplatform in return. I mean that shouldn't be only one way.
I’m fine with that. I don’t really know what relation they have with each other but I support games being multiplatform whenever possible. Even if RARE’s games were just multiplatform between Microsoft and Nintendo, that would be just as good to me as if they were exclusive to Nintendo again. As long as I can play RARE games on Nintendo consoles again, I have no problems with letting them stay with Microsoft. Even that would probably help their chances in Smash.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I'll never understand why Nintendo dropped the ball in keeping Rare. They did try once it was learned Activision and MS were courting them but by that time they were too late and Microsoft outbid the other two by a large margin. It's a real shame. While they were with Nintendo they made some of Nintendo's best selling titles. Conker may have played a role ... it was well liked by critics at the time but commercially unsuccessful and the themes may have rubbed Nintendo execs the wrong way. But I dunno. For whatever reason it just wasn't meant to be.

Stratos

Smash Ace
If Conker had appeared in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, it would have been the old Diddy Kong Racing gang together again.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
If Conker had appeared in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, it would have been the old Diddy Kong Racing gang together again.
While the I’ve never been the biggest Conker fan, I’ll admit that would be pretty cool. It would have been nice to get some Diddy Kong Racing music in Smash. Does Nintendo or RARE have the rights to that soundtrack?

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Here's my Newcomer predictions for the next smash
Bandana Waddle Dee
Raven Beak
Ashley
Glee Club
Ayumi Tachibana
Krystal
Noah and Mio
a Pokemon from gen 8 or 9
Wolf Link with Midna
Ryu Hayabusa
Crash Bandicoot
Coco (echo of Crash)
Octoling (echo of Inkling)
Mii Mage

I also have an idea for a playable mode called Assist mode. A team battle with 1 player is a regular fighter, the other is a playable assist trophy that can move around, damage other players, be KO. However, their attacks are not as strong as they were summoned outside of the mode.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
My predictions/wishlists always seem to upset people for some reason so I’ll hold off on sharing mine again for now.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I think we can guess your top Pokemon pick
Lol yeah, Gengar is actually tied with Golisopod and Cofagrigus for my favorite but it makes the most sense of the three as a Smash character. My prediction for a Pokémon is actually Hisuian Zoroark (it’s actually getting its own short anime series right now).

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Lol yeah, Gengar is actually tied with Golisopod and Cofagrigus for my favorite but it makes the most sense of the three as a Smash character. My prediction for a Pokémon is actually Hisuian Zoroark (it’s actually getting its own short anime series).
If you’ll pardon the nitpicking, he’s got one. It’s started

Stratos

Smash Ace
Hopefully there will be a new Smash Bros Fighter Ballot, it gives some hope for some characters and it is fun to explain the reason for each character we want in the Super Smash Bros. series.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Bandana Waddle Dee
Raven Beak
Ashley
Glee Club
Ayumi Tachibana
Krystal
Noah and Mio
a Pokemon from gen 8 or 9
Wolf Link with Midna
Ryu Hayabusa
Crash Bandicoot
Coco (echo of Crash)
Octoling (echo of Inkling)
Mii Mage

I also have an idea for a playable mode called Assist mode. A team battle with 1 player is a regular fighter, the other is a playable assist trophy that can move around, damage other players, be KO. However, their attacks are not as strong as they were summoned outside of the mode.
Raven Beak only appeared in one game and died at the end while Midna and Wolf Link are one-shots. Why do these two keep coming up?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Raven Beak only appeared in one game and died at the end while Midna and Wolf Link are one-shots. Why do these two keep coming up?
There’s no rule preventing one-off characters from getting into Smash. Sometimes a character can get in for other reasons like having a fun moveset or cool design. I’d personally go with EMMI but I think either one would make for a cool Smash character.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Hypothetically, which is the WORST scenario that would have Smash 7??

The game NOT being developed by Sora Ltd. (or any other company that worked previously), but instead is handled by Idea Factory and Compile Heart. That would be the stuff of nightmares. (I hope they don't what to include characters from their franchises like Neptunia).

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Probably because they're popular. I haven't played Dread, but apparently Raven Beak is not only the best Metroid villain, but also one of the best Nintendo villains period...

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Probably because they're popular. I haven't played Dread, but apparently Raven Beak is not only the best Metroid villain, but also one of the best Nintendo villains period...
Yeah, I got to Raven Beak but I can’t beat it. It is really cool though. I don’t understand why people automatically reject characters from consideration just because they are one-off. If the character is popular enough or could make for a fun Smash fighter, that should be the main thing that matters.

Quillion

Smash Hero
There’s no rule preventing one-off characters from getting into Smash. Sometimes a character can get in for other reasons like having a fun moveset or cool design. I’d personally go with EMMI but I think either one would make for a cool Smash character.
Nothing has been said, but there must be a reason why Zelda one-shots (discounting Sheik as Early Installment Weirdness) and Mario spin-off characters get the shaft time and time again.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Because Metroid Dread is the best selling Metroid game ever and Twilight Princess was the best selling game in the series before BOTW came out stole its thunder.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Because Metroid Dread is the best selling Metroid game ever and Twilight Princess was the best selling game in the series before BOTW came out stole its thunder.
1653428572144.png

1653428596264.png

As someone who has only recently gone through playing games in the Zelda franchise AND is torn between MM and TP to pick as their favorite, I have to say that TP's thunder was never stolen. Due to how overall awful SS is, TP had THIS long of being considered the best Zelda game ever made. I think 11 years of fans thinking that you are overall the best and getting an HD re-release is a pretty good legacy, and I'm pretty sure this is one of the big ones people would like to see a full-on remake of.

Since we are talking about Zelda characters, I can't be sure who has more requests between Skull Kid, Midna and Impa. My heart would LIKE to say Skull Kid is in the lead, but for some reason Impa is brought up a lot even though I feel like her importance and being featured have only been big a couple of times (though she has been in more games than both Skull Kid and Midna combined) and Midna support should be up there (as well it should be). Maybe it was simply a momentary lead during the early 'Chair Theory' and LoZ fake leaker days, but I feel like fans genuinely thought he had a chance when the Moon was an assist trophy without him up until they found his entry on the website.

LoZ really does need more love in Smash though.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
TP always felt like it got SS's treatment to a lesser extent; hailed upon a release but looked at more critically a few years after; basically the inverse of Wind Waker in that regard.

From what I recall, the talk over the best Zelda ever made (putting aside actual sales numbers) has been a very contentious issue ; with Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Breath of the Wild, & (to a slightly lesser extent) Majora's Mask often competing with each other in the rankings I've seen. I'd argue Link Between Worlds deserves to be a part of that group in being discussed, but that's just me.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
My predictions/wishlists always seem to upset people for some reason so I’ll hold off on sharing mine again for now.
I won't!
1653440735649.png

Bandana Waddle Dee - Cool.
Raven Beak - Eh...
Ashley - Nah.
Glee Club - No.
Ayumi Tachibana - No.
Krystal - No.
Noah and Mio - Who?
a Pokemon from gen 8 or 9 - Probably.
Wolf Link with Midna - No.
Ryu Hayabusa - Hell yeah!
Crash Bandicoot - Meh
Coco (echo of Crash) - echo of Meh.
Octoling (echo of Inkling) - Yeah!
Mii Mage - Oh yeah!
Reactions!

but apparently Raven Beak is not only the best Metroid villain
He's, like, the only one that talks. So that's not exactly a high bar.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
He's, like, the only one that talks. So that's not exactly a high bar.
They may not talk in the games, but Ridley and Mother Brain do talk.

If anything, the things that help Raven Beak are:
-Being a Chozo, an important part of the Metroid series and to Samus herself.
-His refusal to destroy the Metroids and the planet they were on being the catalyst for the Metroid games even happening story-wise.
-Metroid Dread being the long-awaited sequel to Metroid Fusion, was critically acclaimed and is the highest selling Metroid since Prime.
-Also helps that his boss battle was kickass and fun gameplay-wise while still being a good challenge.

Like even if Raven Beak doesn't get in, Metroid Dread definitely deserves some representation(and hopefully, we get Ferenia and not another Metroid lava stage). But that said, after playing Metroid Dread, Raven Beak is certainly one of my picks and hopes for a later Smash Bros. game.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
View attachment 353294

View attachment 353295

As someone who has only recently gone through playing games in the Zelda franchise AND is torn between MM and TP to pick as their favorite, I have to say that TP's thunder was never stolen. Due to how overall awful SS is, TP had THIS long of being considered the best Zelda game ever made. I think 11 years of fans thinking that you are overall the best and getting an HD re-release is a pretty good legacy, and I'm pretty sure this is one of the big ones people would like to see a full-on remake of.

Since we are talking about Zelda characters, I can't be sure who has more requests between Skull Kid, Midna and Impa. My heart would LIKE to say Skull Kid is in the lead, but for some reason Impa is brought up a lot even though I feel like her importance and being featured have only been big a couple of times (though she has been in more games than both Skull Kid and Midna combined) and Midna support should be up there (as well it should be). Maybe it was simply a momentary lead during the early 'Chair Theory' and LoZ fake leaker days, but I feel like fans genuinely thought he had a chance when the Moon was an assist trophy without him up until they found his entry on the website.

LoZ really does need more love in Smash though.
TP always felt like it got SS's treatment to a lesser extent; hailed upon a release but looked at more critically a few years after; basically the inverse of Wind Waker in that regard.

From what I recall, the talk over the best Zelda ever made (putting aside actual sales numbers) has been a very contentious issue ; with Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Breath of the Wild, & (to a slightly lesser extent) Majora's Mask often competing with each other in the rankings I've seen. I'd argue Link Between Worlds deserves to be a part of that group in being discussed, but that's just me.
TBH, there seems to be an unspoken idea that the Wii/DS era as a whole (TP, PH, ST, and SS) was the worst time to be a Zelda fan, which I would agree with despite getting into Zelda at that time. LiveStudioAudience LiveStudioAudience is right about every game in that series being hyped at the time, then becoming increasingly divisive as time went on. Even most people who like that era would consider any of the Wii/DS-era Zelda games to be among the contenders for best in the series, and the only ones who even consider them the best are like Star Wars prequel fans, who only consist of hipsters who were children at the time and like them mainly for the nostalgia factor.

As for Raven Beak, putting him in just because of his importance to Metroid is like putting Black Doom in for his importance to the Sonic series's "Shadow saga".

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I'll never understand why Nintendo dropped the ball in keeping Rare. They did try once it was learned Activision and MS were courting them but by that time they were too late and Microsoft outbid the other two by a large margin. It's a real shame. While they were with Nintendo they made some of Nintendo's best selling titles. Conker may have played a role ... it was well liked by critics at the time but commercially unsuccessful and the themes may have rubbed Nintendo execs the wrong way. But I dunno. For whatever reason it just wasn't meant to be.
This should answer.
You DO realize Bayonetta would've been stuck with only one game were it not for Nintendo, right? That's not comparable.
It still involved hefty sum of money. I'm pretty sure Rare buyout costed way more. Even then, MS is nice enough to let few games to be released on Nintendo platform. At this point, Nintendo should give something in return. There is a reason why Phil Spencer said current one way relationship is not sustainable.

Quillion

Smash Hero
TBF, it sometimes seems like Phil Spencer wants to break down the barriers between consoles, which Nintendo and SIE probably don't want.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I think many of the mainline Zelda titles have a "yeah, but" quality where they possess very strong elements unique to that title, but are often hampered by some aspect that's also distinct to that game as well. The WW, TP, SS trilogy just happens to be one where their particular relative downsides tend to be more easily spotlighted than others because of their nature. Wind Waker complaints often get boiled down to "more temples, less sailing" or SS's very hit-and-miss motion controls/excess handholding being so obvious that the narrative on its perceived flaws emerged much quicker relative to something like TP. Even the latter release has trouble escaping the reputation of being too derivative of OoT & the overworld feeling empty.

By comparison, something like LttP's issues are far less obvious, and many complaints are largely about the undercooked story, and occasional inconvenience when warping. It may not have the outstanding single category certain LoZ titles that make them stand out (Ocarina - scope, Majora - story, BotW - combat), but it lacks the prominent reputational weaknesses either.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I think many of the mainline Zelda titles have a "yeah, but" quality where they possess very strong elements unique to that title, but are often hampered by some aspect that's also distinct to that game as well. The WW, TP, SS trilogy just happens to be one where their particular relative downsides tend to be more easily spotlighted than others because of their nature. Wind Waker complaints often get boiled down to "more temples, less sailing" or SS's very hit-and-miss motion controls/excess handholding being so obvious that the narrative on its perceived flaws emerged much quicker relative to something like TP. Even the latter release has trouble escaping the reputation of being too derivative of OoT & the overworld feeling empty.

By comparison, something like LttP's issues are far less obvious, and many complaints are largely about the undercooked story, and occasional inconvenience when warping. It may not have the outstanding single category certain LoZ titles that make them stand out (Ocarina - scope, Majora - story, BotW - combat), but it lacks the prominent reputational weaknesses either.
You can even argue that BotW has its own "yeah, but" with its lack of enemy variety and even situational variety to some extent. This is why BotW's biggest detractors are the ones who prefer a more tailored, focused experience and don't like having to make their own challenges.

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
I actually really liked the SSBB Porky boss fight. I would have liked for him to return to the role in Ultimate. Same with Rayquaza.

And yeah, bosh rush was sorely missing in Ultimate; maybe it will return in full style next time.

I'm not sure how they'd achieve playing as bosses successfully without it being too janky? Like, you press one button and the attack takes maybe several seconds to complete? The mechanics of boss fights would have to be significantly reworked for it to feel right, I think.
Yes I'm sure it'd be a design challenge. In mods/hacks of the games you can play as the boss character relatively normal to how your accustomed to playing characters. I'll link you to the Master Hand glitch to get an idea. I'd presume boss characters would be controlled like this. I propose an additional "guard" feature that heavily minimizes damage to barely anything at the cost of being unable to action your attacks while doing it. This would give this mode some needed depth and allow for players with more skill to really push the limit of what the mode is capable of. https://www.ssbwiki.com/Master_Hand_glitch#Controls

Then there's the map size and I'd assume there'd be special stages for the boss fights like there are already and that players would be locked to these choices with extremely limited special smash features (or none at all) and exclusively tied to stamina matches. Then I'd also think either these stages would have to be bigger than they already are in order to account for 2 boss characters fighting on the screen OR the game would simply do that when that happened and keep the original size ratios when it's just a single boss character on the screen.

I'm a fan of player choice and when I see the potential I advocate for it. I feel that if we're to implement boss rush mode it's best to take the mode to it's absolute limit of potential play in order to maximize the results of the development. Might as well if you're already investing resources into it.

Squad Strike mode suffered from this lack of vision. Limiting character select to just 3 and 5 exclusively? Why? What was the point of that? That just minimizes the limit of play. That's literally all that decision produced; less player choice. Also no ability to swap characters without losing the stock? Need a button for it? Easy just have it tied to a simultaneous R3 + L3 input (don't get me started on the GameCube controlled because I have some strong opinions on Nintendo's weird relationship with that beautiful controller in desperate need of a modern update) and if it's players constantly shifting characters then put a cooldown on it that way it nips that potential problem in the bud and also further emphasizes the importance of rotation order to the mode.

Aren't the Thunders already fairly different? I'm not seeing how the other special move would be any more different. And I like how they did Flash in Ult, actually. Anyway, it's supposed to be kind of awkward to use and hard to hit with, based on how it is in the source material.
They are but the big green Smash 4 custom one I'm suggesting be allocated to either would amplify the differences yet again. That's more or less why I'm suggesting it. I actually have an effort post I'm working on of Smash 4/Brawl content that could be imported/reappropriated for a potential Smash Ultimate DX. Suffice to say that utilizing those customs in one way or another by either giving them to appropriate existing characters or creating characters like Ninten for the sole purpose of repurposing some of these moves is the aim of this particular advocacy.

Moving on to other topics brought up here...

Two things! In regards to Megaman. First off I hate when characters' jabs are tied to their Forward-Tilts in order to make them "work" in Smash's currently outdated stick design. There's no reason a jab can't simply be walkable and a character with one of these walkable jabs be given a unique Forward-Tilt other than Smash's insistence on keeping to a design that's simply outdated at this point. More of my opinions in general on all of that in my signature in regards to moveset expansion ideas.

Next my proposal for Megaman to regain his custom moves would be a Shield-Special Weapon Wheel.

Press Shield-Special a Weapon Wheel will appear around Megaman. Megaman is now standing still and cannot do anything until he either actions out of it or cancels it by shielding/crouching/jumping similar to how Hero acts when he's shuffling through his spell menu. Each weapon on the wheel will be his old customs from Smash 4. You can select one by holding the control stick in its direction and by pressing jab (A) you'll simply equip the weapon without doing anything but if you press special (B) you'll immediately attack the selected weapon simultaneously as you equip. When a weapon is equipped it is assigned to your Neutral-Special whether it was one in Smash 4 or not. When you lose a stock your Neutral-Special is reset back to Metal Blade by default.

Under my Shield-Special design philosophy like all other Shield-Specials, Megaman wouldn't be able to do this in the air and he'd also be completely vulnerable while he was doing it on the ground being unable to shield without suffering a bit of endlag of the move and canceling the weapon wheel itself.

On the topic of Nintendo regaining Rare IP for some reason. Oh no. Why would anyone ever want that? Nintendo notoriously sit on their IP and even IP they consistently work on are in a pitiful state like Pokemon and even freaking Donkey Kong is getting neglected as of lately. Nintendo wouldn't know what to even do with the Rare IP if they had it. They were simply hosts and of course we all fondly remember Rare's time with Nintendo but so long as Banjo stays in Smash and other Rare veterans get that chance too then it'll have literally all worked out for the best. Every Rare IP has a better shot under Microsoft. Perfect Dark is getting a new game and the Killer Instinct reboot was sick as **** and heavily supported despite being by all accounts a budget title.

For Banjo and Kazooie I see 4 potential developers. Rare themselves which would be fine I guess. I hope they'd go for a game in the series that plays more traditionally while also expanding upon that tradition similar to how Crash 4 worked. Then there's Doublefine who have proven themselves capable of making great 3D platformers though I think their skills would be better suited for a Conker game. Next up I think Toys for Bob could definitely do it too based on their work with the Crash and Spyro series and I'd love to see what they'd do. Lastly they could try to get the old team back together by outsourcing either the entire development or a significant fraction of it to Playtonic. Any one of these outcomes would be drastically better than Nintendo definitely sitting and doing nothing with the IP.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Yes I'm sure it'd be a design challenge. In mods/hacks of the games you can play as the boss character relatively normal to how your accustomed to playing characters. I'll link you to the Master Hand glitch to get an idea. I'd presume boss characters would be controlled like this. I propose an additional "guard" feature that heavily minimizes damage to barely anything at the cost of being unable to action your attacks while doing it. This would give this mode some needed depth and allow for players with more skill to really push the limit of what the mode is capable of. https://www.ssbwiki.com/Master_Hand_glitch#Controls

Then there's the map size and I'd assume there'd be special stages for the boss fights like there are already and that players would be locked to these choices with extremely limited special smash features (or none at all) and exclusively tied to stamina matches. Then I'd also think either these stages would have to be bigger than they already are in order to account for 2 boss characters fighting on the screen OR the game would simply do that when that happened and keep the original size ratios when it's just a single boss character on the screen.

I'm a fan of player choice and when I see the potential I advocate for it. I feel that if we're to implement boss rush mode it's best to take the mode to it's absolute limit of potential play in order to maximize the results of the development. Might as well if you're already investing resources into it.

Squad Strike mode suffered from this lack of vision. Limiting character select to just 3 and 5 exclusively? Why? What was the point of that? That just minimizes the limit of play. That's literally all that decision produced; less player choice. Also no ability to swap characters without losing the stock? Need a button for it? Easy just have it tied to a simultaneous R3 + L3 input (don't get me started on the GameCube controlled because I have some strong opinions on Nintendo's weird relationship with that beautiful controller in desperate need of a modern update) and if it's players constantly shifting characters then put a cooldown on it that way it nips that potential problem in the bud and also further emphasizes the importance of rotation order to the mode.

They are but the big green Smash 4 custom one I'm suggesting be allocated to either would amplify the differences yet again. That's more or less why I'm suggesting it. I actually have an effort post I'm working on of Smash 4/Brawl content that could be imported/reappropriated for a potential Smash Ultimate DX. Suffice to say that utilizing those customs in one way or another by either giving them to appropriate existing characters or creating characters like Ninten for the sole purpose of repurposing some of these moves is the aim of this particular advocacy.

Moving on to other topics brought up here...

Two things! In regards to Megaman. First off I hate when characters' jabs are tied to their Forward-Tilts in order to make them "work" in Smash's currently outdated stick design. There's no reason a jab can't simply be walkable and a character with one of these walkable jabs be given a unique Forward-Tilt other than Smash's insistence on keeping to a design that's simply outdated at this point. More of my opinions in general on all of that in my signature in regards to moveset expansion ideas.

Next my proposal for Megaman to regain his custom moves would be a Shield-Special Weapon Wheel.

Press Shield-Special a Weapon Wheel will appear around Megaman. Megaman is now standing still and cannot do anything until he either actions out of it or cancels it by shielding/crouching/jumping similar to how Hero acts when he's shuffling through his spell menu. Each weapon on the wheel will be his old customs from Smash 4. You can select one by holding the control stick in its direction and by pressing jab (A) you'll simply equip the weapon without doing anything but if you press special (B) you'll immediately attack the selected weapon simultaneously as you equip. When a weapon is equipped it is assigned to your Neutral-Special whether it was one in Smash 4 or not. When you lose a stock your Neutral-Special is reset back to Metal Blade by default.

Under my Shield-Special design philosophy like all other Shield-Specials, Megaman wouldn't be able to do this in the air and he'd also be completely vulnerable while he was doing it on the ground being unable to shield without suffering a bit of endlag of the move and canceling the weapon wheel itself.

On the topic of Nintendo regaining Rare IP for some reason. Oh no. Why would anyone ever want that? Nintendo notoriously sit on their IP and even IP they consistently work on are in a pitiful state like Pokemon and even freaking Donkey Kong is getting neglected as of lately. Nintendo wouldn't know what to even do with the Rare IP if they had it. They were simply hosts and of course we all fondly remember Rare's time with Nintendo but so long as Banjo stays in Smash and other Rare veterans get that chance too then it'll have literally all worked out for the best. Every Rare IP has a better shot under Microsoft. Perfect Dark is getting a new game and the Killer Intinsnct reboot was sick as **** and heavily supported despite being by all accounts a budget title.

For Banjo and Kazooie I see 4 potential developers. Rare themselves which would be fine I guess. I hope they'd go for a game in the series that plays more traditionally while also expanding upon that tradition similar to how Crash 4 worked. Then there's Doublefine who have proven themselves capable of making great 3D platformers though I think their skills would be better suited for a Conker game. Finally Toys for Bob could definitely do it too based on their work with the Crash and Spyro series and I'd love to see what they'd do. Last they could try to get the old team back together by outsourcing either the entire development or a significant fraction of it to Playtonic. Any one of these outcomes would be drastically better than Nintendo definitely sitting and doing nothing with the IP.
Yeah, I’m actually fine with Microsoft keeping RARE. What I actually want is for them to make RARE’s games multiplatform with Nintendo’s consoles. I never really owned an X-Box so I don’t get a chance to play their games anymore. It would be nice to have the chance to play them again without having to buy a third console since I already buy Nintendo and Sony. If their major characters also made it into Smash, that’s all I could really ask for. At the same time, I can understand why Microsoft wouldn’t want to do that for that exact reason, which would decrease potential sales of their console (although I’m not sure who is still buying X-Box for RARE games at this point).

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, I’m actually fine with Microsoft keeping RARE. What I actually want is for them to make RARE’s games multiplatform with Nintendo’s consoles. I never really owned an X-Box so I don’t get a chance to play their games anymore. It would be nice to have the chance to play them again without having to buy a third console since I already buy Nintendo and Sony. If their major characters also made it into Smash, that’s all I could really ask for. At the same time, I can understand why Microsoft wouldn’t want to do that for that exact reason, which would decrease potential sales of their console (although I’m not sure who is still buying X-Box for RARE games at this point).
Microsoft has the power to make an entire genre of gaming exclusive to their platform. I don't know if that's something they would do.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
You mean Flying Man? Not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind if he was playable...
He'd be awesome as a third addition. I love earthbound. As an npc tho he is so annoying! I haven't quite figured out how he works in the level, like most of the time someone else gets him to fight for them but once in a blue moon he'll be on my side. But as an Ike player that level is already tough and he just always seems to gimp me lol.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
He'd be awesome as a third addition. I love earthbound. As an npc tho he is so annoying! I haven't quite figured out how he works in the level, like most of the time someone else gets him to fight for them but once in a blue moon he'll be on my side. But as an Ike player that level is already tough and he just always seems to gimp me lol.
I wanna say it's the first person who attacks him, he sides with, but its been awhile...

Top Bottom