• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I actually think Hyrule Warriors might be Impa's best design.
Probably yeah. They got her character right too. Perfect mix of both the personalities and designs of Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword. Loved the Naginata move set too. And her story role was quite great and engaging. It's how she should be handled.

Age of Calamity Impa is the most popular version however. And I see why. She's styled after a popular BotW character, Paya. Her granddaughter so reasonable. But it's also her move set which is both unique and very very effective and fun. She's way younger than usual too. And has a more easy going fun personality.

I cannot really decide which I like better cause they both have their positive sides. But I guess Calamity Impa is the popular choice and has a more "canon" type of move set so... I'm guessing I'm going for her most.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
All good picks! I actually think Rock would make for a perfect Echo Fighter for Terry, and it helps the new Fatal Fury game is coming out as well.
Rock wouldn't be an echo of Terry. Heck, he wouldn't even be a clone. He shares some moves with Terry but his moveset is overall quite different. He has the Reppu Ken (Geese move) instead of the Power Wave, Hard Edge instead of the Burn Knuckle, and he has some counter moves.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Now here's a character who I always thought was a bit of a sleeper pick. Iconic with a strong legacy. Now with a Switch game. A lot of that iconic status carried by her shows but she is first and foremost a video game character. Carmen Sandiego even performed well on the want scale in the old rate their chances thread

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Now here's a character who I always thought was a bit of a sleeper pick. Iconic with a strong legacy. Now with a Switch game. A lot of that iconic status carried by her shows but she is first and foremost a video game character. Carmen Sandiego even performed well on the want scale in the old rate their chances thread
Only if the Daytona composer makes a remix of "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?"

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Fun Fact, Ivy, a major character in both cartoons and the character who opens up the Netflix rendition of the acapella, is voiced by Abby Trott, who also sings Lifelight in Smash Ultimate. (She also voices Annette in three houses, where she has a secret love of singing)

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
With the Switch featuring so many retro games, I wonder we'll be seeing some of the older Carmen Sandiego games on it soon too now with this newest one coming out?

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I already said this on the poll's thread, but I think this indicates there's a good few ballot picks that did well but just couldn't make it due to limited roster space. We've repeated this already, but we only got 11 newcomers in the base game, and almost half of those were clones. Most of the DLC was focused on third-parties; While some characters were probably influenced by the ballot - I'm pretty sure the ballot was cited for Banjo, and Sora won the ballot outright - It was still a pretty tight squeeze.

Now that the dust has settled, we're left with a good few candidates who probably would've been added if Ultimate had the priorities of a normal Smash game, but simply didn't have enough room because of all the veterans. Traditionally, most base-game newcomers are first-parties, so if next Smash game returns to a normal pace, I'm betting we'll see some ballot holdovers get in now that there's actually room

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I already said this on the poll's thread, but I think this indicates there's a good few ballot picks that did well but just couldn't make it due to limited roster space. We've repeated this already, but we only got 11 newcomers in the base game, and almost half of those were clones. Most of the DLC was focused on third-parties; While some characters were probably influenced by the ballot - I'm pretty sure the ballot was cited for Banjo, and Sora won the ballot outright - It was still a pretty tight squeeze.

Now that the dust has settled, we're left with a good few candidates who probably would've been added if Ultimate had the priorities of a normal Smash game, but simply didn't have enough room because of all the veterans. Traditionally, most base-game newcomers are first-parties, so if next Smash game returns to a normal pace, I'm betting we'll see some ballot holdovers get in now that there's actually room
That makes me wonder, do you all think Smash can go back to a mostly first party newcomers selection?

We may have passed the point of no return in regards to hype.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That makes me wonder, do you all think Smash can go back to a mostly first party newcomers selection?

Isn't part of the reason why DLC is more third-party focused because the license holders can earn more money off of DLC sales than base game sales?

SharkLord

Smash Hero

I mean

Even if everyone and their mom bought Ultimate, I'm sure all those licences and royalties cost Nintendo a pretty penny. I think it would especially cost them in the base game, since that means each partner would get a chunk of the base game's profits, rather than just the DLC packs. And assuming there isn't endless veterans - Which there probably won't be - That gives Nintendo more room to push there recent Switch 2 titles. And again, I'm sure there's some ballot characters they wanted to add but simply didn't have any time for. I'm sure they'll make room for at least some first-parties, at least for the base game.
Isn't part of the reason why DLC is more third-party focused because the license holders can earn more money off of DLC sales than base game sales?
I'd assume so, at least. I don't know if it's been officially stated, but given the first-party/third-party ratios in both Smash 4 and Ultimate's DLC cycles, that's the prevailing assumption

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

I mean if we're talking base games here then even Ultimate was primarily first party, since the only third party newcomer in the base game was Simon/Richter, so I feel like they definitely can.

If we're talking overall it gets a little trickier to judge because of possible DLC vets and third parties, but I would imagine even after DLC it'd be pretty well balanced if we go back to the standard "priorities" so to speak for a Smash game (meaning like 12-15 newcomers in base game instead of like 6 and a bunch of Echoes lol)

Last edited:

pitchfulprocessing

Smash Journeyman

I feel like this convo always ends up leaning too much one way or the other. I think it's kind of as simple as like, Nintendo will continue to push for what makes the most sense to them, which is to include a mix of characters from recent first party titles with big third-parties as attention grabbers. That's basically just always going to be the most sensible thing marketing wise, and I'm sure Sakurai has a healthy relationship with Nintendo in terms of creative control vs Nintendo's wishes. Excluding echoes, Ultimate is exactly 50/50 on first-party vs third-party, and if a next game isn't having most of its roster be in the DLC, I imagine that number will go back to a first-party edge while DLC remains as mostly third-party.

Louie G.

Smash Hero

I think Smash can go back to it, as in it will do just fine and people will get over it. I anticipate some fans will be critical of the lack of big hype newcomers in base roster but that sentiment will go away once DLC inevitably beefs up the total guest fighters.

Realistically we will have more first party newcomers at launch, and I don’t think they will struggle to pick exciting or fresh and unique fighters that will satisfy most. I do suspect maybe a couple more third party newcomers than we’ve seen in the past, particularly supplement to some returning series (Street Fighter, Sonic) on top of the usual one or two new series. But I do believe a lot of further collaboration will be saved for DLC again, it seems to work well for everyone.

I will say the level of acceptance behind some fighters will vary, though. We’re looking at the most cuts ever, and we’re in danger of losing at least a few guest fighters. Popular characters will slip through the cracks and new fighters will be unfairly compared to them and blamed for their absence. Expect some ignorant fans to not understand why say, an Animal Crossing newcomer was added over Sora. Needless to say that isn’t how this goes.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The only ones I flat out expect are Noah/Mio, Pauline, and Octolings, rest are a bit of a toss-up though I do think it’s crazy nowadays how Ayumi is like a legitimate prediction after being an underground sorta thing for many years, I do really enjoy Famicom Detective Club.
Still on the fence about Pauline... don't get me wrong, I actually PRAY I'm wrong and she ends up pulling a Rosalina and ends up in the next Smash Bros., but for her? I'll be keeping my expectations in check.

And I'm sorry, I know I brought it up already, but to say that Ayumi Tachibana could happen for a Smash Bros. game in this day and age...

the remakes and the new one certainly gave her quite a boost. after playing all three I'd love some more FDC stuff in smash.
Now that you mention it... I wonder if Nintendo will ever consider developing a remake of Detective Club 3 (Ironically enough, the D.C. game where Ayumi was the star).

Yup! There is a new project called the Tales Remaster project. This is for the 30th anniversary and it’s almost entirely certain Phantasia will be one of them. Seeing as how Vesperia and Symphonia have had remasters already, I think that gives him an advantage due to recency, but hey who knows? Pyra and Mythra got in when XBDE was most relevant, so anything is possible, but I feel like it would be cress because of Phantasia’s general impact.
Oh, right! I've only heard about Tales of Grace getting remastered, so...

All good picks! I actually think Rock would make for a perfect Echo Fighter for Terry, and it helps the new Fatal Fury game is coming out as well.
Thanks! Believe it or not, but my 'SNK for Smash' picks are WAY more extensive. In addition to Mai, Rock, and Athena?

I'd even take Nakoruru, Kyo, Iori, Chizuru, Ryo, Yuri, Bonne Jenet, Kula, Kim, Geese, Ralf, Clark, Leona, Haohmaru, Shun'ei, Isla, any member of the American Sports team (Yes, really), and the Metal Slug quartet.

Hoping for this as well, I also rescind the comment about recent games, Mega Man and Simon and Richter got in when there were no recent games out for either, I think what matters above all else is general impact. I recently played through all the Sakura Wars games and lemme tell you, a lot of narrative text based games, particularly visual novels (Tokemeki Memorial is also another one to thank) and JRPGs would be in a very different position without them. I definitely think it’s earned it’s place in a game like Smash Bros but it’s all up to Sakurai.
Well, let's just hope Sakurai doesn't consider Sakura Wars minor enough to not be up for consideration...

I also forgot to mention Aigis as a potential SEGA character but I don’t think she would be base game.
From Persona 3? I suppose, but do you think she'd have a chance? I don't know, I see someone from P5 happening sooner. Maybe even Demi-fiend from S.M.T..

Only if the Daytona composer makes a remix of "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?"
Semi-unrelated, but in the event that the Cruis'n series gets a new game and/or a stage in a future Smash Bros. game? God, PLEASE let Takenobu Mitsuyoshi perform its theme....

I mean, I kind of hope so. If only because, well... I actually enjoy Nintendo's selection of characters, AND it's been a bit of a bummer to see so many write off said characters as not being eligible for Smash. I get that 3rd parties bring the hype, but 1st parties CAN do that too, you know.

Heck, your recent poll pretty much alleviated my worries regarding just that!

Last edited:

pitchfulprocessing

Smash Journeyman
I will say the level of acceptance behind some fighters will vary, though. We’re looking at the most cuts ever, and we’re in danger of losing at least a few guest fighters. Popular characters will slip through the cracks and new fighters will be unfairly compared to them and blamed for their absence. Expect some ignorant fans to not understand why say, an Animal Crossing newcomer was added over Sora. Needless to say that isn’t how this goes.
I definitely don't think is your intent and I'm def not trying to like make any accusations, but I do feel like some of the wording here is sort of indicative of the point of like, discussions on this maybe going too far in one direction or another. I wouldn't want to say "ignorant fans" or "unfairly blamed" or such. I agree for sure there will definitely be a bit of discourse around that, but i think sometimes at least to me it feels like discussion goes in a bit of an "our first-party appreciation vs their brutish hypeseeking" direction if you get me lol. There's definitely room to have a conversation on how Ultimate's cycle went, but sometimes it comes across as a bit dissmissive to me. End of the day it's reasonable for someone to be confused why their favourite character isn't in anymore over someone else from a general perspective.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I wouldn't want to say "ignorant fans" or "unfairly blamed" or such. I agree for sure there will definitely be a bit of discourse around that, but i think sometimes at least to me it feels like discussion goes in a bit of an "our first-party appreciation vs their brutish hypeseeking" direction if you get me lol.
I suppose, and I don’t want to come off that way, but this is just how Smash speculation has always went. ROB and Wolf were scapegoats, Dark Pit was a scapegoat, and if say a clone or semiclone is treated as an equivalent exchange for a full fledged newcomer I think that frustration comes from a place of ignorance in respect to development time and how these decisions are made. People were upset at Dark Pit for Ridley not being playable, etc.

Just as well, first party characters are a different case to be judged from third parties, for reasons most people in more dedicated community spaces like this understand but some general audience does not. Some people will be going into this game expecting it to pick up where DLC left off and I do think it would be unfair to criticize new characters for not matching that lofty expectation. People can support whoever they want, I don’t think I’m especially high and mighty for still wanting Nintendo characters (I want third parties too), I just have my concerns about the false equivalence that has been par for the course with Smash discussion for over 15 years. And that’s just going to be a harder thing for some newcomers to push back against when we’re also risking losing so many popular fighters in the process.

Last edited:

pitchfulprocessing

Smash Journeyman
I suppose, and I don’t want to come off that way, but this is just how Smash speculation has always went. ROB and Wolf were scapegoats, Dark Pit was a scapegoat, and if say a clone or semiclone is treated as an equivalent exchange for a full fledged newcomer I think that frustration comes from a place of ignorance in respect to development time and how these decisions are made. People were upset at Dark Pit for Ridley not being playable, etc.

Just as well, first party characters are a different case to be judged from third parties, for reasons most people in more dedicated community spaces like this understand but some general audience does not. Some people will be going into this game expecting it to pick up where DLC left off and I do think it would be unfair to criticize new characters for not matching that lofty expectation. People can support whoever they want, I don’t think I’m especially high and mighty for still wanting Nintendo characters (I want third parties too), I just have my concerns about the false equivalence that has been par for the course with Smash discussion for over 15 years. And that’s just going to be a harder thing for some newcomers to push back against when we’re also risking losing so many popular fighters in the process.
I agree with that, I'm mostly just saying I guess that end of the day this is still a very small forum for specific enthusiasts, even if it will undoubtedly get a lot more traffic if a new game rolls around, while the "Nintendo community" as a whole is bigger than ever. I think there's simultaneously more awareness than ever about how things "work" and also simultaneously more talk from more general fans who aren't aware of the specifics and just want to see their favourites go in. It's sort of just the nature of things getting bigger and bigger, you end up with very segmented communities overall, so I essentially just think it's not really worth worrying about. I'm sure there will be people confused about why they added Octolings or whoever, but I'm also pretty sure that will end up pretty segmented away from like enthusiasts, and that both will basically bleed equally into the general discussion which by and large always leans just "cool a new reveal".

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Well, there probably isn't a choice. If it was really economical for them and/or in their principal interests to load up on third parties in the base game then we likely would have seen it to a greater extent in the base games of 4 or Ult than we did. Ult's special circumstances led to weird numbers, with more DLC characters than ever before and, simultaneously, fewer base newcomers than ever before, which made the roster operations seem more different than what they really were, which was in actuality pretty consistent with 4 in terms of having only a select few third party newcomers in base and then going more bananas with that in DLC.

But, even putting logistics aside, there are still a ton of great first party additions to be made. There certainly isn't a lack of options in terms of diversity. And we're certainly not lacking in ways to capitalize on the gains many franchises made during the Switch era, nor has the well of legacy Nintendo content begun to run dry. Smash has, clearly, always had a ton of overlap with fanbases of various Nintendo franchises, Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, FE, Kirby, AC, and etc., so continuing to delve into fan-favorite characters in those beloved series isn't likely to exhaust the audience anytime soon, esp. with new faces coming onto the block every generation to keep the candidate pool even more full.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Still on the fence about Pauline... don't get me wrong, I actually PRAY I'm wrong and she ends up pulling a Rosalina and ends up in the next Smash Bros., but for her? I'll be keeping my expectations in check.
For me, nope! Pretty firm about her, standing my ground, way more than most people I know. She feels equivalent to how Isabelle was in Smash Ultimate where she was a rising star Nintendo was promoting but slept on by many many people. But it’s valid to be skeptical tbh.

Oh, right! I've only heard about Tales of Grace getting remastered, so...
Yeah! It was announced in a presentation with Tomizawa that they’d be doing the other games. Special mention to Stahn though because he’s very popular within the Japanese fandom, I think it would be Cress though just because of the osmosis and general impact surrounding Phantasia.

Thanks! Believe it or not, but my 'SNK for Smash' picks are WAY more extensive. In addition to Mai, Rock, and Athena?

I'd even take Nakoruru, Kyo, Iori, Chizuru, Ryo, Yuri, Bonne Jenet, Kula, Kim, Geese, Ralf, Clark, Leona, Haohmaru, Shun'ei, Isla, any member of the American Sports team (Yes, really), and the Metal Slug quartet.
Those are all fantastic picks, I love the idea behind the American Sports Team. Blue Mary and Yamazaki would also be ones I would like. SNK has many good choices!

Well, let's just hope Sakurai doesn't consider Sakura Wars minor enough to not be up for consideration...
Hopefully not, granted it does seem like a series he’d be into, he’s never talked about it extensively but he did have V So Long My Love in a list of games he played in 2005. Fingers crossed. (Also I kinda envision him taking inspiration from the Sakura Wars movie, like how he took inspiration from Advent Children for Cloud and Sephiroth.)
From Persona 3? I suppose, but do you think she'd have a chance? I don't know, I see someone from P5 happening sooner. Maybe even Demi-fiend from S.M.T..
I do! Persona 3 Reload as of right now, is the most recent Persona release, Aigis also just headlined the DLC Episode Aigis, a reimagined version of the Answer DLC from FES. She also was just featured in Astro’s Playroom as a bit, alongside Joker and Teddie. This all makes me think she is the most likely character to be chosen next from Atlus. Also if we were to get someone from SMT, I’d sooner see Nabohino than Demo-Fiend, who even then I’m skeptical on.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
For me, nope! Pretty firm about her, standing my ground, way more than most people I know. She feels equivalent to how Isabelle was in Smash Ultimate where she was a rising star Nintendo was promoting but slept on by many many people. But it’s valid to be skeptical tbh.
Well, let's hope I'm wrong! For the record, I'm very much aware of Pauline's modern-day popularity and (probably more importantly) her prevalence over the last 7 years. I don't know if I'd say she's on Isabelle's level, but she's very much up there (maybe right under Izzy, if nothing else).

Yeah! It was announced in a presentation with Tomizawa that they’d be doing the other games. Special mention to Stahn though because he’s very popular within the Japanese fandom, I think it would be Cress though just because of the osmosis and general impact surrounding Phantasia.
Oh, I'd LOVE to see Stahn Aileron (and/or Rutee) in Smash! Ngl, Namco x Capcom is probably influencing my desire for Stahn though (among MANY other Namco picks).

Them aside though, Cress WOULD be a fun pick too! Admitteldy, I'm still in the "Lloyd for Smash" camp, but at this point? I'd be fine with ANY Tales character. Lloyd, Cress, Stahn, Rutee, Velvet, Yuri, Alphen, Shionne, Kisara, etc.

Those are all fantastic picks, I love the idea behind the American Sports Team. Blue Mary and Yamazaki would also be ones I would like. SNK has many good choices!
Shoot, I KNEW I was forgetting someone! Thanks for mentioning Blue Mary, I felt like I was forgetting someone from Fatal Fury in particular. It'd be a surprise to see Yamazaki though. Mostly because I'd sooner expect Geese or Billy Kane, if anything.

Before I forget though, I'd also like a WakuWaku 7 character as well.

Hopefully not, granted it does seem like a series he’d be into, he’s never talked about it extensively but he did have V So Long My Love in a list of games he played in 2005. Fingers crossed. (Also I kinda envision him taking inspiration from the Sakura Wars movie, like how he took inspiration from Advent Children for Cloud and Sephiroth.)
Ngl, while I can see him picking Sakura Wars, I don't know if he'd look to the movie for content. You really think he'd do it?

I do! Persona 3 Reload as of right now, is the most recent Persona release, Aigis also just headlined the DLC Episode Aigis, a reimagined version of the Answer DLC from FES. She also was just featured in Astro’s Playroom as a bit, alongside Joker and Teddie. This all makes me think she is the most likely character to be chosen next from Atlus. Also if we were to get someone from SMT, I’d sooner see Nabohino than Demo-Fiend, who even then I’m skeptical on.
Oh, that's out? I thought that DLC was happening NEXT month. As for S.M.T., I forgot about Nahobino. Yeah, he's definitely far-and-away more likely...

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I think it's worth noting that, while licensing and costs might make Ultimate's sheer volume of third-parties unlikely for the base game, we'll still likely see some third-party fighters in the base game. Brawl had Snake and Sonic, 4 had Mega Man and Pac-Man, and Ultimate had Ken and the Belmonts, on top of using Snake to punctuate EVERYONE IS HERE! The question comes in for who is considered "base game" material, which is an extremely vague question.

Snake was part of a favor to Kojima, Sonic was the rival for Mario, Mega Man and later Simon (And by extension Richter) had strong NES ties, Pac-Man is one of the oldest and most recognized characters in gaming, and Ken was an Echo Fighter. My best guess is that it would be characters with a decent Nintendo presence and strong worldwide appeal, but honestly, that's more vibes-based than any empirical evidence.

I think Monster Hunter would be fairly likely, as the franchise basically sold the PSP in Japan and broke into the Western mainstream since World, and still sells gangbusters on Nintendo systems (Hell, Monster Hunter Rise is the best-selling third-party game on the Switch).

I'd also put a bet down on a new Sonic character, as Sonic fans are pretty close to Nintendo fandoms nowadays, and Sonic has been a mainstay since Brawl. I'd especially put one down for Shadow; He was the second-most popular character after Sonic for a while, basically took over the series from his debut through '06, was the only assist featured in Smash 4's intro, and is now getting another game to himself, specifically to shill his upcoming movie appearance. In the 2010's his presence diminished alongside anyone outside the classic cast, but I think Shadow's made a solid resurgence as of late.

One might also suggest Crash Bandicoot; Like Sonic, he was a rival mascot for a while, and he's gotten tons of requests to be in Smash. Then again, he could easily sell some DLC packs on his own. Though, that could be said of most third-parties. I think that's why base game third-parties are so nebulous; What makes them "better" for the base game instead of the DLC? Is there really anything that makes a fighter better for DLC? Who knows

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well, let's hope I'm wrong! For the record, I'm very much aware of Pauline's modern-day popularity and (probably more importantly) her prevalence over the last 7 years. I don't know if I'd say she's on Isabelle's level, but she's very much up there (maybe right under Izzy, if nothing else).
Oh yeah! Not saying she is on the level of Izzy, but I do think the situation of her being relatively slept on by the community while being a character pretty popular through cultural osmosis is something worth of note. Time will tell whether Sakurai sees this, but I personally think it’s happening, that’s just me tho.

Oh, I'd LOVE to see Stahn Aileron (and/or Rutee) in Smash! Ngl, Namco x Capcom is probably influencing my desire for Stahn though (among MANY other Namco picks).
I haven’t gotten to Destiny yet, it’s been in my backlog, I did start it but he seems really cool, he has a talking sword and pyrokenetic abilities, I think he’d actually be really cool, like his design a lot. Would also be a great tribute to Inomata-San, may she rest in peace.

Them aside though, Cress WOULD be a fun pick too! Admitteldy, I'm still in the "Lloyd for Smash" camp, but at this point? I'd be fine with ANY Tales character. Lloyd, Cress, Stahn, Rutee, Velvet, Yuri, Alphen, Shionne, Kisara, etc.
Yeah, Tales has so many protagonists that I’d be up for just about anyone as well! Luke is another one I’d like from Abyss since he fights with a reverse grip, it would be really cool!

Shoot, I KNEW I was forgetting someone! Thanks for mentioning Blue Mary, I felt like I was forgetting someone from Fatal Fury in particular. It'd be a surprise to see Yamazaki though. Mostly because I'd sooner expect Geese or Billy Kane, if anything.
Haha, you’re right, Billy Kane would be a great pick honestly, I’d really like him. I mostly suggested Yamazaki because he’s on my Team in KOF 98 along with Terry and Mai but I do think they’d go with others as well.

Before I forget though, I'd also like a WakuWaku 7 character as well.
That is an INSANE deepcut, yes please! While we’re at it, I’d also like content from the Metal Slug series. I’m thinking Marco, and Fio!

Ngl, while I can see him picking Sakura Wars, I don't know if he'd look to the movie for content. You really think he'd do it?
Actually I think that seems about right up his alley, especially since it was one of the first areas of exposure western audiences had to the series. Sakurai likes to take inspiration from external media, we’ve seen this with how Pokemon is handled taking inspiration from the anime. I could see music (the final duet number for example) and maybe a couple references to it like Sakura’s shielding move being taken from it.

I wanna quickly mention Rachet Altair (Or Lachette) who I don’t think will be a physical cameo because of Akiko Kuno’s death, however I could see her being an alternate costume of Sakura in colors like Akechi’s for Joker. A lot of possibilities!

Oh, that's out? I thought that DLC was happening NEXT month. As for S.M.T., I forgot about Nahobino. Yeah, he's definitely far-and-away more likely...
Yup, came out today! Makes a few changes to the narrative of the original, it’s a total reimagining. Aigis definitely seems to me like a character they would include next in line but I could also see Nahobino as well. Note, we did get the 13 Sentinels Spirits in Ultimate’s DLC, so they do likely still have atlus content on their minds.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't see what old Impa what do for a moveset, but it'd be interesting to see an elderly character on the roster.
Echoes of Wisdom might provide with answers. We seen an elderly Impa dealing with some Hyrulean soldiers in one of the reveal trailers with some typical Sheikah stuff armed with a dagger.

I still support a younger version however. For me personally I rather have Skyward Sword , Hyrule Warriors or Age of Calamity Impa.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do you guys think that, with time, another Zelda character could rival the non-Triforce Trio of Skull Kid, Impa and Midna in terms of demand?

Those three are on another level.

Last edited:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Am double posting way too much these days

I think that game has increased a lot her chances to be in the next SSB.

Do you guys think that, with time, another Zelda character could rival the non-Triforce Trio of Skull Kid, Impa and Midna in terms of demand?

Those three are on another level.
Eeeyup! Those are really demanded. But I don't think that alone will increase their chance.
If The Wind Waker is getting another remaster, as rumored, Toon Zelda/Cap.Tetra might be the next one in line.
She was already considered in the past and the newer Zelda's Down B move, that took the place of Sheik transformation, was originally conceived as Toon Zelda's B forward move.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Toon Zelda/Cap.Tetra might be the next one in line.
She was already considered in the past and the newer Zelda's Down B move, that took the place of Sheik transformation, was originally conceived as Toon Zelda's B forward move
I'm pretty sure there's nothing to prove this. This is wild speculation.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm pretty sure there's nothing to prove this. This is wild speculation.
Not only that, it'd be basically impossible to give Toon Zelda something like that. Toon Zelda was a scrapped character in Brawl which released in January 2008 in Japan, while Phantom Hourglass came out on June 23rd, 2007, and that's just for the Phantom's first appearance I think since I believe Tetra is in Phantom Hourglass.

If we're talking Spirit Tracks Zelda where she becomes a ghost and possesses a Phantom (which is why it makes sense for her to use one in the first place), then that came out after Brawl in December 2009.

Not to mention as a scrapped Brawl character, her character file would've been empty like all the other Forbidden 7, so we'd have no idea what moves she had anyway I don't think (if she even got that far considering only Mewtwo, Roy, and Doc had like anything extra going on), we just know that Toon Sheik could wall jump.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Speaking of Phantom Slash, it's Zelda's coolest move by far.

Zelda has a pretty functional and fun moveset, but I would personally love it if Din's Fire was replaced with something different. Phantom Slash is so creative, I wanna see what else they can do. I wouldn't replace her other moves just because they're way too important for her kit.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Zelda has a pretty functional and fun moveset, but I would personally love it if Din's Fire was replaced with something different. Phantom Slash is so creative, I wanna see what else they can do. I wouldn't replace her other moves just because they're way too important for her kit.
Dins Fire feels pretty iconic to Zelda now though, I think it's even part of her move pool in Cadence of Hyrule

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The most recent Ace Attorney collection has a remix of Edgeworth's theme song that upon hearing it i thought "This feels like a song that would have been remixed for smash" for some reason i can easily picture it in one of those Smash presentations where they show off a characters moveset.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Phantom Slash has the benefit of being a move added in Smash 4, years after Melee based her off of Ocarina of Time, which is why her magic is themed after that game's spells.

I think it would be strange for them to just replace one of the three named magic spells and leave the other two...
so I think we should scrap all of them tbh.

Like none of them are particularly interesting and I feel like she is really lacking in terms of "light" powers, opting to mainly use fire or sparkles. Give me Age of Calamity's laser beam goddess inspired moveset please.

Top Bottom