• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I unironically love the idea of cramming the entire roster of a game, and making it into a single composite character/fusion that has every attack on it's disposal.

It worked for Ness and Lucas having PK attacks from the other party members and also Mr. Game & Watch with his moveset borrowed from various G&W machines, but imagine that but with other franchises.
While it's a fun idea for some franchises, I think that's terrible for actual individual character representation for the vast majority of series. If a character can do the bare minimum of several characters, their own unique abilities are greatly diminished and understated, leaving them to be sort of a hollow vessel to just take other moves. I think what defines a character is not just what they have, but what they don't have relative to other characters, including among their own cast.

For example, Byleth's inclusion lets them use the 3 weapons of the other protagonists, but this leaves zero room for their actual unique capabilities like holy magic, martial arts, time manipulation, and a greatly diminished focus on the whip-sword. Similarly, for characters that canonically can use other characters' capabilities like Joker, it's significantly more fulfilling to see them rely on their own set of well-known skills (ignoring tetra/makarakarn).

For a character that isn't in the game, someone like Noah or Mio can use every single skill in the entire game, but it'd be pretty disappointing to most fans I feel if the samurai or dancer themed characters pulled out a big hammer or a minigun to fill out an arbitrarily chosen move.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Twitter dustup from a few years ago when a user posted this:

Kind of a fallacious argument given that initial success (or lack thereof) hardly determines cultural legacy (one need only look at films that bombed at the box office that later went on to become more beloved than the films that beat them to see that). Also, a bit of a cart before the horse line of thinking that content creators determine cultural fandom/popularity when it's very often the other way around.
Fun fact: This Tweet doesn't acknowledge that while the first Croc and Banjo games sold equally well, Banjo-Tooie sold 3x as much as Croc 2.

I think that could be why you've always seen more Banjo fans on the net than Croc ones.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
He was also in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom on the Wii and Project X Zone game on the 3DS.
Oh, right. Speaking of which, I wonder if a re-release of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is in the cards... I mean, I imagine that out of all of Capcom's Vs. games, THAT is definitely the one where we'll see if Capcom has truly regained the goodwill they used to have back in the day...

But will they team up with Nintendo to re-revive Star Fox?

...or at least Stunt Race FX?
My God, I can only IMAGINE what a Stunt Race FX remake would be like on modern hardware... I imagine the goofiness would HAVE to be cranked up to 100. Like, just turn it into Looney Tunes Racing, at that point.

Speaking of Stunt Race FX, I still stand by my idea that F-Type could borrow inspiration from the Hornet (in Fighters' Megamix) and the Devil Car enemy in Smash Run for a workable moveset in Smash...

Tbh, that's how I hope a Rhythm Heaven character goes since the games are pretty simplistic and I can't really imagine one of the characters (like the Chorus Kids) ONLY using what they do in their specific stage. I'd prefer a bunch of references to the various stages involved, like a recovery using the Huebirds of Happiness, an Up Throw or Up Smash using Courtney from Fruit Basket, even animations like their roll being taken from Flipper Flop, things like that.

Heck, if we get a RH character, I want their Final Smash to be a typical group beatdown but framed as a Remix, if possible lol
And that's why I still feel like Yuka would be the one R.H. character (aside from MAYBE the Barista) that could pull a 'Mr. Game & Watch'-like playstyle and NOT have it look 'out-of-place', so to speak. Combined with her usual tap-dancing skills, I could see her whipping out Karate Joe's martial arts, use the Huebirds of Happiness as a recovery, pull (well, STOMP) veggies out of the ground, etc. and it just wouldn't look even a BIT off to me.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...is-real-but-ps5-ps4-players-will-have-to-wait
Huh, dunno if it's been covered but the new **** remake seems to be a Switch exclusive, or at least a timed one. I wonder if this might signify Falcom moving closer to Nintendo after prioritizing the PC and later Sony for the longest time.

Out of the Falcom reps I'd personally prefer Adol just because Ys' gameplay gels with me better, but Trails is easily Falcom's darling right now. Hell, Ys X is about to get released in the West in October and we haven't heard a peep from Falcom (Though Falcom's always been more geared towards Japanese audiences anyways, so they probably thought a new remake announcement would be more important than just an upcoming Western localization).

Ah well, maybe I should use this to give FC another shot. The writing was solid enough, but I just wasn't in the mood for a turn based game and I put it down halfway through. I still hear lots of good things about the series so maybe I should give it another go

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
And that's why I still feel like Yuka would be the one R.H. character (aside from MAYBE the Barista) that could pull a 'Mr. Game & Watch'-like playstyle and NOT have it look 'out-of-place', so to speak. Combined with her usual tap-dancing skills, I could see her whipping out Karate Joe's martial arts, use the Huebirds of Happiness as a recovery, pull (well, STOMP) veggies out of the ground, etc. and it just wouldn't look even a BIT off to me.
Well, the compilation moveset is typically why I feel like Tibby is the best fit, because I feel like he fits the quirky attributes present in a lot of Rhythm Heaven's overall design, and because of his role in Megamix, he was basically present during all of the games (since I believe it's implied you as the player and Tibby both help out whoever you're doing the games for iirc), and Megamix had a large majority of the stages in the series.

Much like the Huebirds and Courtney, I definitely feel like Tibby would moreso summon other characters or tools minus some of his normals or things he can do himself (like if say Clappy Trio was his up tilt or something, he'd do that on his own), but like I imagine he'd summon Joe if he needed to do Karate Joe things basically lol

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I’m a diehard Rhythm Heaven fan and supporter and I just… don’t really care for Tibby that much. As far as the mascot characters go I much prefer Yuka, the Barista or even the Samurai Drummer. Beggars can’t be choosers at this point but I don’t think he scrapes even my Top 5-10 options. He doesn’t really have the sauce for me.

I was never huge on the idea of Marshal for maybe the same reason? Although with him I especially felt the Chorus Kids themselves served as a more interesting idea than just the one guy. Maybe if Cam and Miss Ribbon were there with him, it could have served a similar function. But at that point it’d probably be much less of a strain to utilize the identical character model three times over for the Kids…

My order of preference probably goes something like this, give or take a few options:
Chorus Kids
Yuka or Barista or Samurai Drummer
Wrestler & Reporter
Monkey (although better suited to be part of Yuka’s kit)
Karate Joe (ranks higher if paired with Chorus Kid or Monkey)
Marshal or Tibby… or Play Yan I guess?

I’m just rambling now. Rhythm Heaven has so many different avenues to explore, it really makes its role in speculation so distinct from any other series. Too bad none of these options are gonna make it in anyway.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I’m a diehard Rhythm Heaven fan and supporter and I just… don’t really care for Tibby that much. As far as the mascot characters go I much prefer Yuka, the Barista or even the Samurai Drummer. Beggars can’t be choosers at this point but I don’t think he scrapes even my Top 5-10 options. He doesn’t really have the sauce for me.

I was never huge on the idea of Marshal for maybe the same reason? Although with him I especially felt the Chorus Kids themselves served as a more interesting idea than just the one guy. Maybe if Cam and Miss Ribbon were there with him, it could have served a similar function. But at that point it’d probably be much less of a strain to utilize the identical character model three times over for the Kids…

My order of preference probably goes something like this, give or take a few options:
Chorus Kids
Yuka or Barista or Samurai Drummer
Wrestler & Reporter
Monkey (although better suited to be part of Yuka’s kit)
Karate Joe (ranks higher if paired with Chorus Kid or Monkey)
Marshal or Tibby… or Play Yan I guess?

I’m just rambling now. Rhythm Heaven has so many different avenues to explore, it really makes its role in speculation so distinct from any other series. Too bad none of these options are gonna make it in anyway.
That's fair, I just really like the silly little pink dog with an afro whose mother is a full-sized castle lol

I'd be fine with Chorus Kids, Yuka, really I'd be fine with anyone aside from like Karate Joe because I just feel like using him as the basis for Rhythm Heaven is strange. Like he's been in every game so it's always possible, it's just hard for me to see him really embrace the wilder side of Rhythm Heaven I guess?

I have sorta been wondering lately if Chorus Kids was a mistake on the old Gematsu leaks, because even though it was from an earlier point in development, using the Chorus Kids feels a bit odd when Fever came out in Japan in 2011, literally the year before Smash 4 started development, so why use the random trio of singers from like two stages of Rhythm Heaven DS which isn't even the most recent game in the series anymore. I dunno how the error would be made at that point though, since I imagine it wouldn't be much more than writing.

As I said before though, wouldn't mind if it were them or anyone that's not Joe really, Tibby's just kinda who I gravitate towards because I like him lol

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Both black Inklings are nice to have (same with the two black Villagers), but it's kinda undermined by the fact that they're alts to the light-skinned default characters
On the bright side, unless they are regulated to Inkling costumes as well, an Octoling fighter would likely default to the darker skinned variant. I suppose that would be a step forward? Although it would still be nice to have a black character who is not tied to a customizable avatar.

have sorta been wondering lately if Chorus Kids was a mistake on the old Gematsu leaks, because even though it was from an earlier point in development, using the Chorus Kids feels a bit odd when Fever came out in Japan in 2011, literally the year before Smash 4 started development, so why use the random trio of singers from like two stages of Rhythm Heaven DS which isn't even the most recent game in the series anymore. I dunno how the error would be made at that point though, since I imagine it wouldn't be much more than writing.
I’m going to assume that if Chorus Kids were planned, it was because of the sheer inspiration behind the idea. Once the gears started moving in Sakurai’s head to make the RH representative a trio of musicians, I feel like he must have just rolled with it. Here are three relative blank slate characters who are thematically in tune (no pun intended) with Rhythm Heaven’s core identity, they’re a team so they have a very neat, clear way to visually signify rhythmic inputs, and they’re perhaps a few of the most recognizable figures in the series. And mind you, DS is handily the best selling game in the series.

It’s a perfect premise and for that reason I think it must have been correct. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the Chorus Kids are one of only a few trophies in the 3DS version. It had to be them.

And if nothing else, the Chorus Kids “species” is at least a consistent part of the series. Play Yan and Marshal (perhaps also Miss Ribbon and Cam?) are presumably a part of it, so by Fever we at least still had some variant of “Chorus Kid” in the spotlight. This is a major stretch, but I could see it being a little extra push to stick with it.

I'd be fine with anyone aside from like Karate Joe because I just feel like using him as the basis for Rhythm Heaven is strange. Like he's been in every game so it's always possible, it's just hard for me to see him really embrace the wilder side of Rhythm Heaven I guess?
This is the mindset I’ve had for some time too, although it’s slightly alleviated by mockups I’ve seen pairing him up with a smaller character on his shoulder. Even with this premise in mind, I kind of prefer it to be Yuka and a Monkey. But nonetheless, if they worked Joe into a sort of “Rhythm Team” I’d be more open to it. Otherwise I’m inclined to agree that a martial artist is just a little underwhelming to convey such an otherwise eccentric series.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I think it's kinda wild that Estelle Bright, Kazuma Kiryu and now seemingly Sol Badguy all got Switch game announcements almost at the same time. I'd buy a Fighter Pass that included those 3 in a heartbeat.
I know it’s unlikely, but what if (at least one of) these three characters are base game newcomers?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Xenoblade is now trying to to give more characters more skin tones with Vandham, important NPCs, blades and arguably Sena, and that's not including Elma being the main face of XCX (though can we count her?)
This is Taion erasure and I will not stand for it.

the new **** remake
The what remake?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I’m going to assume that if Chorus Kids were planned, it was because of the sheer inspiration behind the idea. Once the gears started moving in Sakurai’s head to make the RH representative a trio of musicians, I feel like he must have just rolled with it. Here are three relative blank slate characters who are thematically in tune (no pun intended) with Rhythm Heaven’s core identity, they’re a team so they have a very neat, clear way to visually signify rhythmic inputs, and they’re perhaps a few of the most recognizable figures in the series. And mind you, DS is handily the best selling game in the series.

It’s a perfect premise and for that reason I think it must have been correct. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the Chorus Kids are one of only a few trophies in the 3DS version. It had to be them.

And if nothing else, the Chorus Kids “species” is at least a consistent part of the series. Play Yan and Marshal (perhaps also Miss Ribbon and Cam?) are presumably a part of it, so by Fever we at least still had some variant of “Chorus Kid” in the spotlight. This is a major stretch, but I could see it being a little extra push to stick with it.
That's true with the visual ease of signifying their rhythm base as a trio, I never really considered that.

And that's true with the species bit too, since Cam, Marshal, and Miss Ribbon's trophy in Wii U even sort hints at it by saying "Some think these guys are related to the Chorus Kids from the previous Rhythm Heaven."

I just really hope Sakurai returns to this idea next game since they have an unused series icon in Smash 4, they're on the Gematsu leak so they were planned at one point, there was a Rhythm Heaven stage planned for Ultimate, and if SmashWiki is correct they have the highest number of Spirits of any universe in Smash not represented with a fighter with 9, being Karate Joe, Wandering Samurai (and his upgrade), the Chorus Kids, Munchy Monk, Reporter and Wrestler, the Sumo Brothers, Sick Beats Doctor, and Baxter and Forthington.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Louie G.

Smash Hero
there was a Rhythm Heaven stage planned for Ultimate
Where did you hear this from? I don’t recall that ever being the case, but I’d love to be proven wrong LOL

But yeah as far as concrete presence in Ultimate goes, RH’s strong showing with spirits matches only Golden Sun when it comes to unplayable first party IPs. Which I’d say is a good sign under the safe assumption that Golden Sun got as much as it did because of the Isaac ballot requests. So if RH is seeing comparable treatment to this it may be further acknowledgement of demand.

Although I really don’t understand why the series can’t at least get an Assist Trophy by now. I was definitely expecting a Karate Joe assist at any point.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Wait, he's a dog? I thought he was a bear.
Well, I don't think it's actually stated what he is exactly (aside from the prince of Heaven World), I've just always called him a dog lol

Where did you hear this from? I don’t recall that ever being the case, but I’d love to be proven wrong LOL

But yeah as far as concrete presence in Ultimate goes, RH’s strong showing with spirits matches only Golden Sun when it comes to unplayable first party IPs. Which I’d say is a good sign under the safe assumption that Golden Sun got as much as it did because of the Isaac ballot requests. So if RH is seeing comparable treatment to this it may be further acknowledgement of demand.

Although I really don’t understand why the series can’t at least get an Assist Trophy by now. I was definitely expecting a Karate Joe assist at any point.
I think from what I read it could've been a holdover from Smash 4's unused icon, but "Rhythm Heaven and Miiverse are in close proximity to other stage exclusive series in the parameters", so I don't think it's ever been confirmed, but moreso assumed? Feels weird to me to just move it over there if it's a carryover from Smash 4, but I dunno how game dev works lol

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
A lot of these are really good picks that I'd like to see too, though for Blue Birds I'd also just be okay with them replacing the one that's already in Smash with Blue Birds 2 since I feel like it has a much better energy for Smash than its original counterpart.

As for stuff you haven't listed, I'd love to hear Fever's Tonight (Remix 3) and Remix 5 (my appreciation for this one has only increased over time lol).

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If we ever got an RH character and a stage w/ music, which songs would you like to hear?
Much of the stuff you mentioned, but I suppose I'll highlight a couple of my priorities.

I liken Rhythm Heaven to WarioWare, fittingly. I think the Wario songs added in Brawl are just mad genius. Ashley's Song, Mona Pizza, Mike's Song etc are hilarious juxtaposed to the slapstick action going on to accompany it. Other unorthodox songs such as Nintendogs Bath Time are some of my favorite music to fight to. Because it highlights the sheer insanity of Smash Bros, and this is why I disagree with Sakurai on the whole "music suited to fighting" thing. Even some of my favorite songs in other fighting games, like Tekken's Kitsch or Yodeling in Meadow Hill (which are thankfully in Smash) are appealing for the tonal clash.

All that to say how much I want to fight to stupid Rhythm Heaven songs like Young Love Rock 'n Roll and Fan Club. RH has this silly Japanese sensibility to it, closely in tune with WarioWare, that I frequently believe Smash needs more of. It's kind of consistent among some of my most wanted characters and series to see represented (see: Puyo Puyo). For a similar reason I want to hear the lesser celebrated Manzai Birds as a track complete with its unorthodox vocals.

To top it off, and I'm shocked nobody mentioned it yet, but my favorite Remix aside from each game's respective final Remix is DS / Gold's Remix 8. God this is such a standout. This remix really gives you hell your first time around but once you get the hang of it it's kinda second nature. One of the coolest and most energetic songs in the series.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I liken Rhythm Heaven to WarioWare, fittingly. I think the Wario songs added in Brawl are just mad genius. Ashley's Song, Mona Pizza, Mike's Song etc are hilarious juxtaposed to the slapstick action going on to accompany it. Other unorthodox songs such as Nintendogs Bath Time are some of my favorite music to fight to. Because it highlights the sheer insanity of Smash Bros, and this is why I disagree with Sakurai on the whole "music suited to fighting" thing. Even some of my favorite songs in other fighting games, like Tekken's Kitsch or Yodeling in Meadow Hill (which are thankfully in Smash) are appealing for the tonal clash.
Wasn't Sakurai more talking about songs with near 0 energy like The Roost or Scrap Brain Zone? Though I suppose given how they tend to remix or edit out emotional parts of songs, and also I like The Roost's remix, I suppose I also disagree with him.

I am very glad they reconsidered the butchering they did of ID (Purpose). It was never terrible, but the SSB4 edit lacked the punch the original had.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Wasn't Sakurai more talking about songs with near 0 energy like The Roost or Scrap Brain Zone?
Most likely, yeah. But I think it spoke to something that they felt the need to remix Bath Time again with electric guitars, when the original worked just fine. Maybe I'm internalizing that a bit too much, but it kind of telegraphed to me that he felt the last remix might not be as suitable for battle. Same thing was done with the Duck Hunt Medley, another one of my favorites from Smash 4.

It's cool to have the options, but these ones fall super flat for me.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hey! Hey punk! Don't you know how to treat a lady?!?

:ultridley: : Raaaaaa!

Man, you got not style!

Anthony is by far the best thing about Other M.
By far ! I do like the combat system too however, and some of it even came back in newer Metroid games. Also the 2.5D platforming and the quick pacing of it all, it wasn't half as bad gameplay wise.

But Anthony just made all the cutscenes that much better. What a character. I'll remember him for sure.

Also the very fact there isn't that much representation of black people in gaming in general is disheartening. White and Asian are the norm most of the time, and that's regressive. I do like how games as Zelda and Fire Emblem are getting better at this in terms of representation, but what would it hurt to have say, black skinned Toads or something in Mario?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Oh no, it absolutely is.

Once you actually smack someone you move into a turn based menu with the same AoEs and timeline.
Okay, awesome!

AVGN's video is one reason why Castlevania 2 became seen as a "bad game."
Oh that is some revisionist bull****. CV2 was ALWAYS one of the black sheep of the CV franchise.

I like Doc a lot, but Sandman is my favorite Punch Out!! choice.

Dreamlaaaaaaaaaaaand.
King Hippo: "Aroo!"

Not just the netcode

It's gonna look like Guilty Gear X on the GBA
I don't see why it would. DBFZ is on Switch and still looks incredible.

Just another one of the benefits of the cel-shaded art style.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
This is Taion erasure and I will not stand for it.

The what remake?
Trails in the Sky, it's supposed to be. But abbreviated, it becomes, uh...

Y'know maybe there's a reason some people still call the series Kiseki
By far ! I do like the combat system too however, and some of it even came back in newer Metroid games. Also the 2.5D platforming and the quick pacing of it all, it wasn't half as bad gameplay wise.

But Anthony just made all the cutscenes that much better. What a character. I'll remember him for sure.

Also the very fact there isn't that much representation of black people in gaming in general is disheartening. White and Asian are the norm most of the time, and that's regressive. I do like how games as Zelda and Fire Emblem are getting better at this in terms of representation, but what would it hurt to have say, black skinned Toads or something in Mario?
Hell, even looking at Asian rep in Smash it's pretty restrained. The vast majority are white, or at least appear to be - Every Mario human, Ness and Lucas, every Zelda character who isn't Ganondorf, the entire FE cast (Except Roy by retcon, and only if you paired Eliwood and Lyn in FE7, since the Sacaeans are based on the Central Asian steppe nomads), etc. Even though it's a Japanese game, the vast majority of characters are still white.

I guess because Japanese people are the majority in Japan and don't feel the same need for representation because of that majority status? Since ethnically Japanese people are already considered the "default" in their country. Plus the US being a majority white nation that for the longest time heavily favored white people in its media, which then gets broadcasted everywhere since the US is a global superpower. So then American works hit it big in Japan, inadvertedly bring the "Americans are all blonde white people" stereotype with them. But that's just wild guessing on my part.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I think it's kinda wild that Estelle Bright, Kazuma Kiryu and now seemingly Sol Badguy all got Switch game announcements almost at the same time. I'd buy a Fighter Pass that included those 3 in a heartbeat.
**** yeah I would!

Sometimes I wonder if companies aren't porting things on Switch just to get considered for Smash.

Like Ghosts 'n Goblins and Contra getting cheapo(but still good) games on Switch.

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman

I still believe the Gematsu leak was real, 10 years later.
At first Chorus Kids seems like an odd choice, but when you think about it, they make sense in a way.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Quoting from the unpopular Smash opinion thread:
I think Smash's future third party endeavors will lean more towards smaller franchises like Persona, Bayonetta and Fatal Fury. We'll still get the occasional Minecraft or Final Fantasy, but the majority of third parties won't be gigantic and the fan base needs to be accepting of that.

I expect things like Bravely Default more than Master Chief.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I dont Like including characters for their Race!
Especially the support for twintelle and urbosa seems race oriented!
Would you rather have a goron or a second gerudo?
Or would you rather have someone using their actual Arms as arms rep!
Both characters have much better alternatives!

Now Punchout would be a franchise were the second character should probably be black no matter if you choose the main antagonist or little macs trainer!

I guess you could give white characters alts that reffrence black/ Tanned chars! Like a tetra alt for zelda! Or a normal gerudo alt for ganondorf! (after all g dorf tends to be green)

Other than that you would have to pull from third partys for black non avatar characters!

But including a black character just cause his race is pretty dumb!

And i say that as someone who wants more non nazi/ Bavarian german rep!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Most likely, yeah. But I think it spoke to something that they felt the need to remix Bath Time again with electric guitars, when the original worked just fine. Maybe I'm internalizing that a bit too much, but it kind of telegraphed to me that he felt the last remix might not be as suitable for battle. Same thing was done with the Duck Hunt Medley, another one of my favorites from Smash 4.

It's cool to have the options, but these ones fall super flat for me.
That makes sense. He also made a comment like that for the entire Banjo-Kazooie soundtrack. I think there's like 1 non-remix that was selected. Pretty much all the remixes slap, so I'm not mad about that, but I guess we could be missing something from everything being heavily remixed.

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Ace
Quoting from the unpopular Smash opinion thread:
This feels like an odd prediction when the second round of DLC had Kingdom Hearts, Tekken, Final Fantasy VII and Minecraft.
We'll probably get some more not necessarily ultra-gigantic (not nowadays at least) but still beloved series like Megaman or Castlevania. I still like to think Bomberman has a good shot.

Top Bottom