• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

7NATOR

Smash Master
Heya! My fellow members I'm returned for some weeks. In explain to @Truth the Ceomasterz33 as daredevil persons.

I since as Smash fans. I'm maybe daredevil persons or Daredevil persons Smash fans? Why is @Truth the Ceomasterz33 are daredevil or dangerous? I because to my signature or status. Is lawyer or insider or members. It's meaning daredevil to stunt or risky or behave or adventurous or dangerous or rebel.

I'll returned to this site but what happened to this thread......
What the beneath?!
This league or thread outta now away... :4pacman:
What happened to the thread is what hasn't happened: a New Smash Game (Or even New Console Announcement). So right now people here are using their creative minds to have topics to talk about concerning the next Smash, when we know little to nothing about it, baring some news about Bandai Namco's Studio S/Studio 2 announcement and how that relates to Smash

Once the New Console is revealed, and/or New Smash game is revealed, then this thread is going to get Crazy, and your Daredevil Attitude can be at it's full potential

i highly doubt we're getting crash and halo in the base gam, monster hunter it seems like they want to represent it with the monsters, i could see resident evil though.
You're not getting a new (honestly may not even get Banjo or Minecraft in base either but we'll see) Microsoft property in the base game even if it would be cool for Halo to bring in a Gravity Hammer or the Power Drain or Fuel Rod as items (this could easily be rectified if DLC packs also added items).
I may not be a Daredevil, but I think I am the Hype man when it comes to Smash 6 Speculation

It's hard to believe, but because of how successful Nintendo has been with both it's I.Ps and the Switch, I actually think it's possible they can (or already had) have a successful negotiation to have Both Crash and Master Chief in the base game. Nintendo has many ways to scratch the backs of companies now more than ever

And I do understand that Crash and Master Chief would sell well as DLC as well. But I just think about actually seeing these 2 characters on the Boxart, as well as pre-release material will get peoples Cranium affected with the Smash Hype Migrane, especially in the West where most of Smash's Sales take place. I just think it's too good of an oppertunity to pass up

In any case, I personally think those 2 characters are guaranteed to be in the Roster in some way or form, along with Resident Evil and Monster Hunter Character. On Monster Hunter, I was thinking they might actually try to get an Actual Monster on the playable roster, and not a Small sized one like Palico, but the real deals.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Heya! My fellow members I'm returned for some weeks. In explain to @Truth the Ceomasterz33 as daredevil persons.

I since as Smash fans. I'm maybe daredevil persons or Daredevil persons Smash fans? Why is @Truth the Ceomasterz33 are daredevil or dangerous? I because to my signature or status. Is lawyer or insider or members. It's meaning daredevil to stunt or risky or behave or adventurous or dangerous or rebel.

I'll returned to this site but what happened to this thread......
What the beneath?!
This league or thread outta now away... :4pacman:
Welcome back! google translate done got you so messed up you're speaking in tongues lol.

are you asking if we're rebels for being on this site? Or into rebel characters? As for what you've missed well... Yeah a lot but not cause really we ain't got nothing until the direct at least, really until the next console is announced... But in the meantime sure League comes up, Genshin, now Stellar Blade lol I can't keep up honestly. And all these crazy indie games making huge bucks like and aren't even new necessarily but there's Helldivers 2, Content Warning, Roblox, Valorant, a freaking power washing sim, lol kinda overwhelming.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Tracer: "I can yeet myself back in time to cover my mistakes!"

SmashBoards: "That sounds really boring."
Prince of Persia: "I can yeet myself back in time to cover my mistakes!"

SmashBoards: thunderous applause

My favorites here are Ramtarra, Reaper, Genji, Junker Queen, Widowmaker, Orisa, and Reinhardt.
My favorite is Ashe, but they wouldn't pick her for Smash.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Prince of Persia: "I can yeet myself back in time to cover my mistakes!"

SmashBoards: thunderous applause

My favorite is Ashe, but they wouldn't pick her for Smash.
Oh, she’s cool too. I only looked up a few characters beyond their tiny head portraits but I do like her design now that I Googled her specifically. Its hard to tell just from a tiny picture of their head sometimes lol.

Talking about Overwatch in Smash and no one has suggested Winston yet. For shame. :4pacman:

For the record, I'm not too thrilled on the prospect of Overwatch in Smash for reasons that have already been touched up on
Winston is voiced by one of my favorite voice actors, Crispin Freeman, so I’d be glad to see him as well. I’m not sure Crispin has many other video game roles prominent enough for consideration in Smash. He was the main villain in Horizon but I don’t see that happening for a variety of reasons.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Talking about Overwatch in Smash and no one has suggested Winston yet. For shame.
Smash's ape quota is already pretty full.

Oh, she’s cool too. I only looked up a few characters beyond their tiny head portraits but I do like her design now that I Googled her specifically. Its hard to tell just from a tiny picture of their head sometimes lol.
Cool design + robot minion + Jennifer Hale VA

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Talking about Overwatch in Smash and no one has suggested Winston yet. For shame. :4pacman:

For the record, I'm not too thrilled on the prospect of Overwatch in Smash for reasons that have already been touched up on
world of light 2 cutscene

mario: holy **** we gotta beat galeem

marth: yeah we gotta beat galeem

samus: guys we gotta beat galeem

shulk: we have to beat galeem

winston: room for one more?

the super smash brothers: holy **** winston

winston: overwatch

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Speaking of Angry Birds, and I wish this doesn't count as off-topic, I wish Sega cancel Angryverse Brawl.
An AB Battle Royale is one thing, but making the Birds Human makes me sad.
One of the proposed designs looks like LS Mark, and other one looks like Sonic Man from Sonic 06. LOL no!

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I totally understand and don’t blame anyone that doesn’t want ActiVision/Blizzard anywhere near Smash due to being a scummy company but I try to just focus on the characters and games themselves. I don’t have any knowledge that the creators and developers of those characters/games were part of the problem or if it was mostly coming from the higher ups. Like I said, I’m hopeful this will be addressed now that they’re under Microsoft. Would people still be opposed if MS can actually turn the company around and make it a more positive environment or have they burned their bridges by this point?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Smash's ape quota is already pretty full.

It's not full enough. :falconslurp:

---

That aside, I'm far from against Overwatch, but I don't oppose those who don't want a Blizzard character right now. Just don't be hypocritical and slam down those who do want a Blizzard character when most of the other companies in Smash Bros, including Nintendo, have had or still have their notable issues, especially Konami. All I can say is that if Microsoft doesn't end up harming them too much in the long run, hope that AB can end up pulling a much needed Capcom in the end. Sure, Capcom still has some issues, but they've gotten much better, game and company-wise, than where they were in the early 2010s.

In terms of Overwatch picks, I'd be fine with any of the Overwatch 1 cast, including Tracer, but my main pick would be D.Va for the Mech gameplay.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero

It's not full enough. :falconslurp:

---

That aside, I'm far from against Overwatch, but I don't oppose those who don't want a Blizzard character right now. Just don't be hypocritical and slam down those who do want a Blizzard character when most of the other companies in Smash Bros, including Nintendo, have had or still have their notable issues, especially Konami. All I can say is that if Microsoft doesn't end up harming them too much in the long run, hope that AB can end up pulling a much needed Capcom in the end. Sure, Capcom still has some issues, but they've gotten much better, game and company-wise, than where they were in the early 2010s.

In terms of Overwatch picks, I'd be fine with any of the Overwatch 1 cast, including Tracer, but my main pick would be D.Va for the Mech gameplay.
I’m assuming of all my favorites (Reaper, Ramattra, Junker Queen, and Genji), only Reaper and Genji are from the first game since I’d never seen the others until today. I’d go with Reaper between the two personally but I’m just going strictly by visual design preference.

pitchfulprocessing

Smash Cadet
world of light 2 cutscene

mario: holy **** we gotta beat galeem

marth: yeah we gotta beat galeem

samus: guys we gotta beat galeem

shulk: we have to beat galeem

winston: room for one more?

the super smash brothers: holy **** winston

winston: overwatch
Wow it's cold I should get my DIOR DIOR jacket

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Got a question I've been meaning to ask - let's assume for the moment that Terry will return, and SNK's cooperation has made Sakurai and/or Nintendo keen on the idea of working with them further. Which SNK characters do you think we'd have a chance of seeing, and who would you want to see?

Personally, I think the idea of expanding on SNK's representation is pretty overlooked. Even aside from how easy it would be to bring in another character, Fatal Fury / King of Fighters alone has some great options. Athena stands out to me as someone worth discussing, with a pretty substantial history within the company and a perfect attendance record across KOF titles. Geese Howard could be a great foil to Terry, and is an iconic fighting game villain in his own right. And Iori is both pretty damn popular and well, Sakurai thinks he's the coolest guy ever. Not to mention Kyo, the defacto protagonist of KOF. I'd say most of these would feel a whole lot different than anything Ryu / Terry / Kazuya are currently offering as well, would love to dig into more archetypes of traditional fighting game characters and how those can be implemented in Smash.

I think there's a great deal of potential within secondary SNK series too, though. Metal Slug would be an absolutely fantastic addition to the series, and on a personal level is what I want to see the most. A run and gun styled fighter would be really dynamic, particularly given Metal Slug's focus on heavy artillery compared to say, Mega Man and would have to be one of the most expressive characters on the whole roster. This one pretty much writes itself, I really hope Metal Slug sees some acknowledgement next time around because I was pretty disappointed not to get even a couple Mii Costumes of Marco and Fio.

And I got into Samurai Shodown recently, and there are some extremely cool options. Nakoruru is the more common go-to, but I'd be super down for a more traditional samurai approach with Haohmaru too. It's kind of striking how little samurai representation we have on such a big roster. There's some interesting mechanics to pull from that series too - perhaps there's a way to disarm a Samsho character, or moves that force them to drop their weapon akin to like... K. Rool's Crown Boomerang, but more of a disadvantage state. And the obvious rage implementation, which I'd wager already had some influence on Smash too.

Bottom line, for as many good choices as there are, we don't really talk about them too much. Perhaps it's just a matter of how big a question mark Terry's return is to begin with... but as far as series and companies with ample room to expand, be it supporting characters or compelling new series, I think SNK is about as fruitful an option as most of the others.

Last edited:

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone see this?

If this is true, we may not have to wait until 2025 for the Switch successor.
Honestly, thank god....
I've had the switch for 7 years and my joycons are crazy and i refuse to pay 69$ for a controller replacement of a 7 year old console lol.
Switch hardward is also outdated at this point.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Honestly, thank god....
I've had the switch for 7 years and my joycons are crazy and i refuse to pay 69$ for a controller replacement of a 7 year old console lol.
Switch hardward is also outdated at this point.
You can say that again!

Now, maybe we can get a Smash Bros. for that console in the following year? (Not too serious, I am just saying...for fun!)

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Last edited:

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
You can say that again!

Now, maybe we can get a Smash Bros. for that console in the following year? (Not too serious, I am just saying...for fun!)
I think a Smash 6 is more likely for 2027, probably around august if i have to guess a month lol.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't think it's coming out that late unless it gets seriously delayed. I'm thinking it will come either next year or in 2026.

Even more likely.

I only said the following year after this one because Ultimate came out a year after the Switch's release...but hey. Entirely different game with different circumstances, isn't it?

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman

Even more likely.

I only said the following year after this one because Ultimate came out a year after the Switch's release...but hey. Entirely different game with different circumstances, isn't it?
tbf, Ultimate was largely built from Smash 4.
If Smash 6 is more like Brawl or Smash 4 in terms of development, it'd definitely add an extre year to that.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
I think Dante's been hit the hardest in the post-Ultimate era. He's gone from being one of the most popular requests in speculation generally to a more niche choice now. I think the de-emphasization on third parties and "hype" choices that would please the crowd has hurt him, along with needing to compete against Capcom characters that were either deconfirmed during Ultimate (like the RE gang or Monster Hunter) or seen as unlikely but have now picked up some support (like Chun-Li or Zero). DMCV being further in the past also doesn't help, although the new mobile game and the anime may help him a bit.

I do think he could recover, but I'm skeptical if he'll ever reach the heights he hit during the Second Fighter's Pass. He reminds a fair bit of Rayman and Shovel Knight, two characters that rode contemporary trends in speculation and developments in their home franchise to being fairly popular in the past but are now struggling a bit.

In terms of characters that have increased in popularity for the foreseeable future, I think just about first-party has benefitted from the end of Ultimate. That's pretty self-explanatory though. People just think they're possible and/or likely again.
The difference is dmcV sold 7.4 million and will get a sequal one day.

neither of those games hold a candle.

And in regards to overwatch it’s pretty clear no many people really follow it but to keep it brief.

the development team behind it is a lot better than the one we had in overwatch oen and actaully listens to the community even if it comes at a delay.

the fault does not lie in the creators and I visual developers behind the games but rather the higher ups.

Either way it’s still very popular and very profitable.
It’s here to stay.

I would expect an overwatch characters as an inevitability at some point, proably not the next game though.

if I had to guess at which 3rd parties are likely.

resident evil, fortnite, monster hunter, league of legends, Genshin impact, any Microsoft rep (Dragonborn, crash, doomguy, master chief, wow character, overwatch character, sole survivor)

overwatch is owned by the largest gaming conglomerate in terms of ip, the completion will be extremely fierce for the next Microsoft characters.

pitchfulprocessing

Smash Cadet
What is Roblox anyway? Or should I not ask?
It's an online game engine/platform that allows you to make your own games and upload them for other people to play, notable cause it's very easy and intuitive for kids to make stuff with a good amount of flexibility, and it has a blocky minecraft-adjacent visual style. It's been around for like over 15 years and is extremely popular, iirc it's like top 3 most actively played games consistently for years. I'm a zoomer so I have a lot of nostalgia for it.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
In terms of characters imo Genshin present the msot potential.

canoncially traveller is kind of like Kirby and uses the other characters abilities (that’s what the gacha is) and that’s how the gameplay works, you create a team of 4 and transform between them to use their abilities.

With that midneser the character can be made to swap to a differnt character to do a move for every move.

That sounds like hell to develop but it also sounds like a dlc character.

Big issue is that almost every character has some weird gimmick.

But hoesnlty making a moveset for Genshin would be pretty fun I might do that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom