• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
No joke, Pizza Tower is so far my favorite game that came out last year. Would love Peppino in Smash but I think he's just too niche.

I'll do you one better: Support threads never should have been closed in the first place. I gives us a place to create discussion around our favorite characters without butting in to every other conversation here.
I actually only recently bought and started Pizza Tower, but I'm enjoying it a lot so far. In a similar vein however, one of my favorite games of last year was funnily enough, also an incredibly niche, indie platformer. That being Pseudoregalia. The movement in that game is fantastic and it nails the retro N64/PS1 era look (it's a 3D exploration-based platformer.) It's got metroidvania style progression with power-ups and lots of sequence breaking if you're skilled enough.

As for support threads, I couldn't agree more. Now that I've brought it up, it'd be nice to gush about Pseudoregalia more or talk about how Sybil might work in Smash (or just in a platform fighter in general), but I'm not going to bother knowing how it'll go.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We really need individual support threads to go back up. It feels almost impossible to actually discuss characters in detail for one reason or another
I'll do you one better: Support threads never should have been closed in the first place. I gives us a place to create discussion around our favorite characters without butting in to every other conversation here
I just thought of something regarding character support threads: IF (and that is definitely a big IF, especially IMO) we were to get FP3/Ultimate Deluxe/something else along those lines, shouldn't the SSBU threads just be reopened instead of us having to remake them? They're SSBU support threads, and in a situation where we still get content for the game, we might as well stick to support threads made for it already.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
days old but i have receipts.

1710618945734.png

Sega may be tied up in the actual character ownership, but if nintendo cut every 3rd party she would be the one that stays, they view her as a core 1st party franchise.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I just thought of something regarding character support threads: IF (and that is definitely a big IF, especially IMO) we were to get FP3/Ultimate Deluxe/something else along those lines, shouldn't the SSBU threads just be reopened instead of us having to remake them? They're SSBU support threads, and in a situation where we still get content for the game, we might as well stick to support threads made for it already.
If that were the scenario, then I assume that would be the case, though whether it's the old threads or new one's doesn't ultimately matter, at least not to me anyway. I just want dedicated threads where we can actually discuss individual characters and the content of their series at length.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
The whole game is an homage to the Wario Land series. Right down to the colors used, it's the palette from GBC Wario Land 2.
The strikingly bizarre art style being the entire focus of the great animations, Pizza Time's initial music using samples of the Hurry Up clock noises in the background, the entire level design being shaped around the time limited backtracking... "homage" might not be a strong enough word to use here.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
Pizza Tower in Smash is even less likely than Wario getting his moveset reworked to reference Wario Land.
No one said it was likely.

In fact, I was the one to bring it up and explicitly mentioned how odds were low, especially because of the current PC exclusivity and no Japanese release. :/

Doesn't mean we can't talk about it because it would be amazing to see.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Who's more likely Meowscarada or Tinkaton? And of the two, who do you want more?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Who's more likely Meowscarada or Tinkaton? And of the two, who do you want more?
Meowscarada is more likely, but I don't want a Gen 9 Pokemon, period.

Partially because if we get one it's 100% going to be Meowscarada.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I think Paldea might get skipped over, but between the two I do think Meowscarada is the more likely choice. It'd also be my personal pick. As a Corviknight fan I just can't forgive the Tinkaton line. :drflip:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I think Paldea might get skipped over, but between the two I do think Meowscarada is the more likely choice. It'd also be my personal pick. As a Corviknight fan I just can't forgive the Tinkaton line. :drflip:
Your bird sucks and is overrated.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I think Meowscarada given how Smash usually picks Pokémon nowadays but I also wanna give a shout-out to Gholdengo for being Pokémon #1000, and I think he should be considered for that kind of milestone.
I'd be down for Gholdengo, but being number 1000 has never been a big selling for me personally. Gholdengo has plenty going for it without that and if like Bramblin was #1000, I don't think people would be clamoring for it. I do get that Gholdengo was likely placed where it is with the milestone in mind, but their dex number just isn't a good reason on its own is what I'm saying.

Your bird sucks and is overrated.
Nah, raven/crow knight is just a cool concept.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Man, I've lost so much interest in Pokemon this past generation that I can't even be excited at any of the ones mentioned here. I skipped Scarlet/Violet due to hitting fatigue with Sword/Shield and knowing Pokemon will be 99.9% getting a newcomer next Smash makes it quite less hype for me.
Will Gen 9 have missed the boat when the next smash Inevitably rolls around? Yeah probably

Did Gen 9 add some of my favorite pokemon in the whole series to the point where I will still shill for them? 100%
This is how I feel about FE Engage so my hat's off to you, friend. Mad respects for staying true to your beliefs.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Will Gen 9 have missed the boat when the next smash Inevitably rolls around? Yeah probably
This is how I feel about FE Engage so my hat's off to you, friend. Mad respects for staying true to your beliefs.
Don't forget: Sakurai made the decision to promote Pokemon FRLG after it would've stopped being the latest Gen 3 game, let alone the latest Pokemon game period.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that the next Pokémon rep is gonna be from Gen 9 unless they wait until after Gen 10 comes out to release the new Smash game, which could potentially be as late as 2027. Based on when the next Smash title comes out they might potentially run the risk of another Roy situation happening by going for Gen 10.

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
I think that the next Pokémon rep is gonna be from Gen 9 unless they wait until after Gen 10 comes out to release the new Smash game, which could potentially be as late as 2027. Based on when the next Smash title comes out they might potentially run the risk of another Roy situation happening by going for Gen 10.
Gen 10 is probably gonna come out in late 2025, going by the precedent of Legends Arceus and Scarlet/Violet. It kinda lines up perfectly with being kinda close to the Switch 2 launch (rumored March 2025) but far away enough to let earlier titles breathe.

Smash on the other hand is looking to be a holiday 2026 title at the earliest, with the Studio S rumors and Sakurai's putting an end to his YT channel and confirming he's working on games late last year.

Gen 10 is perfectly set up for a rep in the next Smash. And no it wouldn't be a "Roy situation", it'd be a Greninja situation.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Gen 10 is probably gonna come out in late 2025, going by the precedent of Legends Arceus and Scarlet/Violet. It kinda lines up perfectly with being kinda close to the Switch 2 launch (rumored March 2025) but far away enough to let earlier titles breathe.

Smash on the other hand is looking to be a holiday 2026 title at the earliest, with the Studio S rumors and Sakurai's putting an end to his YT channel and confirming he's working on games late last year.

Gen 10 is perfectly set up for a rep in the next Smash. And no it wouldn't be a "Roy situation", it'd be a Greninja situation.
I do feel like there is a decent chance we don't get Gen 10 next year because revealing the 10th generation on the 30th anniversary might be too good of a marketing opportunity to pass up.

Last edited:

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
I wish it was, but unfortunately it was 2019-2022.
Another point in favor of my argument then. Gresamurai the Gen 10 grass starter is coming to SSB6!
I do feel like there is a decent chance we don't get Gen 10 next year because revealing the 10th generation on the 30th anniversary might be too good of a marketing opportunity to pass up.
Nintendo doesn't tend to celebrate anniversaries by releasing main titles. Mario got a spinoff and an emulated mess for its 30th and 35th respectively and Zelda just got merchandise for its 30th I'm pretty sure. It's not an opportunity they'll regret missing.

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
If I had a nickel for every time someone claimed a Grass starter was inevitable and then we didn't get it, I will have 5 nickels by the time the next Smash comes.
I mean, I was being sarcastic. Remember when "final evolution grass starter" was a lock for Ultimate? Or when Rillaboom was a serious DLC candidate? That's the exact thing I was poking fun at.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I miss Individual Support Threads too. The fact we can't have Shantae discussion without someone derailing it to sexualization is a big testament to it.

Also I need an Alear topic. I have so many ideas for a moveset and other stuff but I feel they would get lost in the shuffle as it is right now.

Speaking of, what's the rule for this site to reopen Support Threads? Is it enough for Nintendo to say "Yes, we're making Smash" (like the original Brawl reveal not even Sakurai knew about), or do they have to do a formal announcement with footage? (like the Ultimate reveal with the Inklings)?
So I know people do think Alear and Fire Emblem Engage can be skipped for the Smash 6 roster, and I could see that happening, but I will say that I think Alear's Potential can be underestimated. The Fact that they can be more Hand to Hand and use Martial Arts, as well as being able to use the Engage Mechanic could be interesting. I'd also think if they go with the Engage Mechanic, they would go for the Lords and Characters Exclusive to Engage itself instead of using Lords from Other games

Being Real Honest, Skipping Both Gen 8 and Gen 9 Seems Unreasonable. These are the Generations Switch Players have gotten aquatinted with, and the Sale Figures showcase this as well despite how Controversial the Generations might be for some players

There's Interesting Options form these Generations that can be Translated from Smash, and you could use Actual Data and Polling Results from the Pokemon Polls to put in Pokemon that people have shown to like, Instead of having to Predict

Generation 10 Can be DLC

Tinkaton is a Cute Design, and is the Most Popular Pokemon from Gen 9 I Believe, but I think Meowscarda probably has more to work with being a Grass Magician, as well as being Popular it self (I think 2nd most popular Gen 9).

Whoever they Implement, I'm just interested how they would Translate to Smash.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
I mean, I was being sarcastic. Remember when "final evolution grass starter" was a lock for Ultimate? Or when Rillaboom was a serious DLC candidate? That's the exact thing I was poking fun at.
Fair enough. Wasn't sure if you were being legit.

But yeah, since Sceptile for Smash 4, people initially cling to the Grass starter over a quota.
Only time that really broke was Cinderace quickly overtaking Rillaboom in the speculation scene (though it should be clear "Grooky Final Evolution" was a thing for a while).

Top Bottom