• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next month's CoroCoro will potentially reveal all the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
All I want to know is if the issue reveals any newcomers prior to the trailers/announcements. Like I'm cool with using Corocoro to get the scoop on returning veterans, but for the newbies... I NEED the surprise man.

Thanks for the heads up.
Let me put it this way. Mega Evolutions were supposed to be announced at last year's Pokemon World Championships. Coro Coro was leaked early and spoiled it. They then just revealed Mega Kangaskhan and called it good. So... maybe avoid the internet.

Shroob

Sup?
CoroCoro pulled this exact same f***ing stunt with Brawl in December 2007, claiming that "their next issue will show all the characters," but then only showing the website's characters. I highly doubt this time will be any different.
^This is what I think too. Unless Sakurai goes into maximum reveal overload, I feel like they're just talking about the site characters.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm putting my few skills at Japanese at work, but I'm far from being fluent, so don't expect a very reliable translation.

大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ 大乱戦BOOK!!
Here just says the name of the game and something that sounds like a strategy book.

注目の3DSソフト「スマブラ」の すべてのキャラと すべてのステージを 別冊ふろくでとこっとん大攻略川
予習バッチリで 発売を待てるゾ
Here, it first mentions about the 3DS version.

These caught my attention:
すべてのキャラと すべてのステージ - This means: "All characters and all stages."

From what I can understand, it does seem that all characters and stages will be shown on a separate special issue of the magazine.

Besides that, it says something like being prepared for the game's release.

Note that this is a very loose translation. I had to use a dictionary in some parts and my Japanese is far from being fluent, but this should be a general gist of what is written.

@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom will likely provide a better and clearer translation.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm soo torn. On one hand, the hype commands me to believe this to mean "ALL THE CHARACTERS". On the other, I'm hard pressed to believe that and not take it as "The ones just on the site".

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
From the 3DS Discussion Thread: We’ll be revealing every character and stage in the attention-grabbing 3DS title Smash Bros. in a special supplement!! Now you can be fully prepared as you wait for launch!-

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Working on a literal translation, but Archaic says this:

[7/15/14 1:31:29 AM] Archaic: It's basically saying that there's going to be a supplemental strategy guide book (one of those small book things they put on the front of the cover) with all characters and all stages included with the next issue.
[7/15/14 1:31:40 AM] Archaic: Of course, just because it *says* all doesn't mean it actually is all.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Is that implying the events? Because those aren't technically part of the game until Nintendo flips them on, except for hacking, of course.
No, but for the past few games they've been splitting the guide books in half and releasing them apart from each other. I think in HGSS you had to preorder to get the full thing.

Last edited:

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Do they literally mean every character or just the starting roster?

s07195

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4502 0980 9128
So basically it's a mini strategy book which comes with the magazine if you preorder, and supposedly contains info on all the roster and all the stages (presumably 3DS) for Smash Bros (3DS). I doubt it'll go in depth on each character, since it seems to be a side thing to sell magazines. Though whether it does have the full roster is debatable, as it does say 'all'.

Shroob

Sup?
Regardless, I still think this is most likely a publicity ruse. As Bkupa said, they did it before with Brawl and only showcased the known characters at that time...

I really, really doubt Sakurai is going to spill the entire roster in a month's time frame, which just makes me believe it less.

I mean.... to think... 30 days before we know everything? That seems too good to be true.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
CoroCoro pulled this exact same f***ing stunt with Brawl in December 2007, claiming that "their next issue will show all the characters," but then only showing the website's characters. I highly doubt this time will be any different.

It's just a ploy to sell copies. People who want to avoid spoilers, you're in the clear here.
Thanks for letting us know. Well, let's see if history repeats itself.

slicesabre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2621-2933-2738
Oh no I don't like this at all. I just have no self control and know I will spoil myself.

Shroob

Sup?
On the bright side, by the time this hits, we'll be more or less exactly one month til the Japanese release.... we're soo close, guys.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice

It's just a ploy to sell copies. People who want to avoid spoilers, you're in the clear here.
I actually remember this. The only info gained from the issue ended up being a few special moves for Squirtle and Venasaur.

If it IS the full roster, is there a way that people who don't want to be spoiled can be notified in time so they can duck for cover?

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I actually remember this. The only info gained from the issue ended up being a few special moves for Squirtle and Venasaur.

If it IS the full roster, is there a way that people who don't want to be spoiled can be notified in time so they can duck for cover?
Well, if you follow Bulbagarden on Facebook I can put in a message when the Pokemon stuff leaks warning you :p

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
What day does it release so I can know which day the Internet is going to die (at least for me) :crying:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
注目の3DSソフト「スマブラ」のすべてのキャラとすべてのステージを別冊ふろくでとこっとん大政略!!!
[The next issue] will come with a thorough strategy guide (all characters and all stages) as supplement for the 3DS game grabbing everyone's attention, Smash Bros.

予習バッチリで発売を待てるゾ!
Let's approach the release date with our sharpest preparation.

sorry, i made it sound a bit unnatural.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We'll see, it's certainly better to reveal the entire roster in a magazine than our first impressions of it being from the inevitable phone photo leaks. I do hope they're going to spill all the beans, but I highly doubt it.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I think they'll nicely summarize and show all characters and stages released so far. I just have a hard time believing everything that has yet to be revealed to be revealed like this. I kind of hope I'm wrong though.

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace

IIRC, Sheik was also revealed in that issue.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I actually had to get help from my wife.

"All of the featured Super Smash Bros. 3DS characters and stages will appear in the bonus, in-depth strategy guide in the next issue! Let's prepare ourselves as we wait for the release."

My wife said that it doesn't signify if all of the games characters will be included or if just the ones on the site. Also, the wording suggested you can become masterful by reading the guide without it actually saying that.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The only way we're going to know everything going on roster wise is when someone gets a copy of the game or Sakurai literally just decides to say ''Screw it." and upload everything in a direct.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I actually had to get help from my wife.

"All of the featured Super Smash Bros. 3DS characters and stages will appear in the bonus, in-depth strategy guide in the next issue! Let's prepare ourselves as we wait for the release."

My wife said that it doesn't signify if all of the games characters will be included or if just the ones on the site. Also, the wording suggested you can become masterful by reading the guide without it actually saying that.
STRATEGY GUIDE?
minemineminemineminemineMIIIINE-oh wait I can't read Japanese.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Throughout the times that I've been following Pokemon coverage at Serebii, CoroCoro often seems to be a reliable source for information, though it doesn't help that I can't understand Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom