• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next month's CoroCoro will potentially reveal all the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Most times Smash is in a magazine, it's mostly speculation and old news compiled into one source. Plus, I highly doubt Sakurai or Nintendo will allow a non-Nintendo affiliated magazine to reveal the rest of the Smash cast.

Still, I'll keep am eye out for it.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Most times Smash is in a magazine, it's mostly speculation and old news compiled into one source. Plus, I highly doubt Sakurai or Nintendo will allow a non-Nintendo affiliated magazine to reveal the rest of the Smash cast.

Still, I'll keep am eye out for it.
You never know. Coro Coro has done reveals before, though that's generally for Pokemon. But their reputation may prevent them from having that right with smash. We'll see.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I wish we knew the context of "all the characters". Like is it only referring to every character revealed on the website, or will it literally be all the characters? Past experience says the former, but I want to be proven wrong for the sake of finally closing up speculation.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It is certainly making me rethink if there will be hidden characters

Mostly because I am unsure if that leak NOR coro coro would be allowed by sakurai, and either would be a leak (well, a reveal he did not get to manipulate slowly).

Perhaps we will get a monsterful antagonist trailer coming soon after all. So that means

1 trailer for Isaac and Shulk
2 trailer for Rayman and Chorus Kid
3 trailer for Mewtwo, K Rool, Wolf, Wario, Metaknight, Ganondorf, Ridley, and if we are all fortunate enough, Vaati.

#LowExpectations

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
CoroCoro pulled this exact same f***ing stunt with Brawl in December 2007, claiming that "their next issue will show all the characters," but then only showing the website's characters. I highly doubt this time will be any different.

It's just a ploy to sell copies. People who want to avoid spoilers, you're in the clear here.
I remember this clearly

such a let down at the time lol

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
What's this about it being "fake"? It's real for sure, now whether it be the full roster or the announced characters is a different story.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What's this about it being "fake"? It's real for sure, now whether it be the full roster or the announced characters is a different story.
CoroCoro is not a leak, so it's a more reliable source for information. Of course, that magazine has been more known for Pokemon game coverage.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
CoroCoro is not a leak, so it's a more reliable source for information. Of course, that magazine has been more known for Pokemon game coverage.
I think the confusion is that Coro Coro leaks early almost every single month and thus we get said Pokemon game coverage a few days early. We always call them leaks since, well, that's what they are.

Niala

Smash Ace
CoroCoro pulled this exact same f***ing stunt with Brawl in December 2007, claiming that "their next issue will show all the characters," but then only showing the website's characters. I highly doubt this time will be any different.

It's just a ploy to sell copies. People who want to avoid spoilers, you're in the clear here.
Ah, I'm glad you brought this up. I remember it happening, but probably wouldn't have associated the events otherwise.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think the confusion is that Coro Coro leaks early almost every single month and thus we get said Pokemon game coverage a few days early. We always call them leaks since, well, that's what they are.
Either way you look at it though, CoroCoro is usually quite accurate with the Pokemon contents, as Mega Metagross is 100% real.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I expected an Ice Climbers pic of the day before reveal, plus August Direct showing Shulk and Meta Knight, and something like yesterday showing King K. Rool with Wario, but this...oh...this is gonna be ride.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I expected an Ice Climbers pic of the day before reveal, plus August Direct showing Shulk and Meta Knight, and something like yesterday showing King K. Rool with Wario, but this...oh...this is gonna be ride.
Yes. We are all gonna take a ride on Sakurai's seesaw and it's gonna hurt.

KurowaSan

Smash Rookie
I posted this on the wrong thread.

Corocoro will probably show only the initial roster, not including unlockables. I had the booklet they released prior to Brawl and the pages were made of detachable cards for each character, which had the names of all special attacks.

If I remember correctly, only some attacks were revealed, nothing much. It was a cool booklet anyway.
By the time it released, I believe we got some news too. The dojo revealed Olimar in between the Corocoro that said the next one would have the booklet and the one with the booklet, I think.

It's not a speculative magazine, their content is given to them by the companies to market their games. Next month, their issue (releasing in august, but it's called the september issue) releases a little earlier than normal, on the 12th (instead of the 15th). We may expect it to leak on the 10th or so. But don't get excited about it. The amount of new information will most probably be very little and nothing really important.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
At the very least we'll get to know some of the moves of Palutena, Pac-Man, Mii Fighters, Robin and Lucina, at least if it does the same as they did with Brawl.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I think that they'll show the starting roster, revealing Ice Climbers, Wario, and Meta Knight if they aren't already revealed by then.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Oh I doubt it'll be the entire roster. It'll probably either be all of the starting characters or all of the characters featured on the website.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Who knows what'll arise from this? But it seems Nintendo is trying to prevent leaks this time by just announcing everything close to launch. It's hard to keep things a secret these days.

Just look at Mario Kart 8. We knew all characters and tracks just a month before it came out. Will Smash take the same route? We'll just have to wait and see.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I hope this isn't true. That means I'll have to stop going on Facebook, reddit, and here.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'd love to subscribe to Corocoro but the cost of importing it to VA is astronomical and there aren't any stores around here that I know of that sell imported things from Japan like that either. :c

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Are they seriously going to pull a Mario Kart 8 and reveal all the characters way before release. Because that's the most depressing thing I heard all day, then.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I had forgotten about the Brawl Coro Coro reveal until someone brought it up here, but that would actually be pretty helpful for this game since it might go into the customizable moves for each revealed character. If it confirms who is in the starting roster and who is unlockable of the revealed characters, even that would be nice information. I'd rather have just additional information about the known characters than have everything revealed.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, that gives us about four weeks until it leaks so a lot can happen between now and then. Last year the August Direct was in the first full week of August so there could be several reveals between then and now to finish off the starting roster. Given what they've done in the past, I seriously doubt they would show off all the unlockable characters too.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I believe they did this with Brawl too and only revealed what was already on the SmashBrosDojo site.

So my expectations are insanely low.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Wouldn't surprise me if they do the exact same as Brawl only showing the starting characters and all. Either way, I'm itching to see who is unlockable in this game along with the stages

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Just asked Archaic and Snorlax Monster on Bulbagarden. The link you gave is for Coro Coro Ichiban, which is something different. The main Coro Coro magazine we are used to comes out August 15th (which is the September issue as I recall).
So does that mean we will get the Coro Coro with the Smash Bros info on August or September?

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I somehow don't want CoroCoro to reveal all the characters, it's waaay too hype killing.
I mean, seeing a blurried image of the roster it's not the same as an amazing suspense-based trailer. It's more of a how they show them more than when they show them.:ohwell:

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
I feel like they are going to show the full STARTING roster, not the full roster. Meta Knight, Wario, Ness/Lucas, Ice Climbers and Falco are the only other veterans that I can see them announcing before release as starter characters (and maybe one more newcomer). The other characters (ROB, Wolf, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo?, at least one other secret newcomer) will most likely be revealed once the game comes out. Melee and Brawl both had characters that were unknown until release day and I assume this will be the same way.

Also, isn't this the Coro Coro with the Mega Evolution special? If so, PHEW. It's gonna be a busy week for me when that stuff gets released.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
From what it sounds like to me, it will just be the known characters. It will be pretty anticlimactic If we end up with the full roster revealed through Coro Coro though.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I remember being extremely disappointed when they did this for brawl and we got nothing new.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
August 15th?

What a fitting day for something to die...

I see you're finally watching MCA, ahh, nice.

I feel like they are going to show the full STARTING roster, not the full roster. Meta Knight, Wario, Ness/Lucas, Ice Climbers and Falco are the only other veterans that I can see them announcing before release as starter characters (and maybe one more newcomer). The other characters (ROB, Wolf, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo?, at least one other secret newcomer) will most likely be revealed once the game comes out. Melee and Brawl both had characters that were unknown until release day and I assume this will be the same way.

Also, isn't this the Coro Coro with the Mega Evolution special? If so, PHEW. It's gonna be a busy week for me when that stuff gets released.
Will the next Japan Time be soon? I love listening to you guys and I would like to hear your opinions on Lucina, Robin, Falcon and the #NotMonadoMonday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom