• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

News from Gamestop: Demos sooner than you think.

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
this will be great if true. the japanese demo also supposedly has first five minutes of subspace, and first five minutes of dk subspace. i really hope its true!

aruby14

Smash Apprentice
Work at GameStop + Nintendo Rep mention = how most fake prophets start out.

Regardless, I really hope this is true.
true but this is why nintendo delayed the game in the first place to spark interest in the game i heard this rumer on Brawlcentral too (though i think that site has little credentials to back up most of their claims)

wiimaster17

Smash Apprentice
Sweet! You better not be lying!
Where do you live? I want to know how close you are to my Gamestop store. If you're far away, it'll probably be a good 2-3 weeks before my store gets demos...
no he is not trust me i live close to a gamestop

TMS

Smash Journeyman
I'll be driving there every day after school, definitely. I can't wait!

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Yeah...if this is true, I'll be at gamestop often. I live near 4 of them, so no doubt at least one of them will have one

Santini

Smash Journeyman
I hope so.

But don't gamestop employees generally get ticked if you go in there just to play the demo for a long time without buying anything?

Talendime

Smash Ace
I hope so.

But don't gamestop employees generally get ticked if you go in there just to play the demo for a long time without buying anything?
I'd assume so.. Unless it's a big store..

I don't have a gamestop anywhere near me..
What about EB Games and Futureshop.. And Walmart! I bet they'll get demos soon too..

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
I hope so.

Depends on the employee.

But generally, yes. So don't do it. Play the demo if you'd like, but don't sit there and play it for hours.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I shall take it home with me. Rip it from the floor and drive. DRIVE DRIVE. Play all I want until March 9th....or...I could just you know...play it like normal people. :)

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
Ya know, if we do get a demo...

Hmm.

I really wish I would be able to take it and rip it. But dammit, I know my manager will be the one putting it in the Wii (which, by the way, requires SO. MUCH. WORK. As in, deadbolts and screws and more just to get to the Wii itself in our demo units).

Unless we randomly got sent 2, just because.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Does anyone have any idea if the roster for the demos are the same as the Japanese one? (Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Dedede, Bowser, Pokemon Trainer, Ike)

S2

Smash Lord
I'd assume so.. Unless it's a big store..

I don't have a gamestop anywhere near me..
What about EB Games and Futureshop.. And Walmart! I bet they'll get demos soon too..
EB games is Gamestop.

Gamestop is the corporate that owns a whole bunch of little store franchises its bought up over the years.

If you see a Funcoland, EB games, Software etc... they all = Gamestop.

There are a few more names/chains under the Gamestop label, but I can't recall them offhand.

XxAlucardxX

Smash Cadet
I used to work at gamestop ...it sucks there, i thought it would be good but it sucked
only good thing was a good discount and free games from the play station retail site, i got 3 ps3 games. Other than that it sucks

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
I used to work at gamestop ...it sucks there, i thought it would be good but it sucked
Must've had bad coworkers/managers? Or did you think you were just gonna be playing games all day?

Really, it's retail. The only game time is testing out the systems. At least you're selling what you like.

XxAlucardxX

Smash Cadet
Must've had bad coworkers/managers? Or did you think you were just gonna be playing games all day?

Really, it's retail. The only game time is testing out the systems. At least you're selling what you like.
Manager was good, co workers were really bad and lied all the time , except for 2 of them who were cool, but the others sucked. i worked there for about a year

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
Oh I hope this is true. I'll try not to hold my breath, but a demo seems obvious. My manager doesn't let us play the demo units off the clock, but I don't give a ****. I WILL play this.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Gamestop will be packed when this day comes. I mean there is a lot of people waiting for this game and they will do what ever they can to play it, am I wrong?

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
I have to say, I'm very excited at the prospect of a demo being released soon.

Anus, do you have means to communicate with your Nintendo rep, or is more of a chance meeting kind of deal?

By the way, thanks for posting this =)

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
I have to say, I'm very excited at the prospect of a demo being released soon.

Anus, do you have means to communicate with your Nintendo rep, or is more of a chance meeting kind of deal?

By the way, thanks for posting this =)
I don't have her contact info, no. But I can email her from our store, I believe. She doesn't visit too often, but if a Brawl demo comes, she'll bring it to us.

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
Oh... cool.

One more quick question =)

When (as in what day) did you speak with her about the demos?

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
Oh... cool.

One more quick question =)

When (as in what day) did you speak with her about the demos?
This was about 2 weeks ago, i'd say. She came into the store to discuss Brawl stuff (we have to prepare for large launches >_> it's odd).

As for the new info (demos and such), my manager spoke to her (I assume) yesterday.

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
Oh, I think I read the question wrong. I just found out about the possibility of our demo for next week today (manager told me, as I said). However, she last came in about 2 weeks ago, which was when I asked for the possibility of demos at all, tourney possibilities, etc.

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
So, you learned about demos possibly being released in a week today?

I think I'm making this too confusing :laugh:.

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
Ha, I think I worded it confusing. :p

I asked about demos/tourneys when she came in about 2 weeks ago.

I found out today from my manager that we may actually get the demos in next week, according to the rep.

I think this post makes a bit more sense. >_>

Talendime

Smash Ace
EB games is Gamestop.

Gamestop is the corporate that owns a whole bunch of little store franchises its bought up over the years.

If you see a Funcoland, EB games, Software etc... they all = Gamestop.

There are a few more names/chains under the Gamestop label, but I can't recall them offhand.
Well then I guess I'm all set then, eh?
Thanks dude.

Reinhart_x

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I have an eb games in the mall 15 minutes from my house and a gamestop that just got built right outside of the mall...I live in a fairly small town, but still, I have two stores right there, one of 'em better have it. Please...come through for us, Gamestop! :ohwell::urg:

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I hope this is true, I'm really curious to see how this new Smash plays out. I live near a Gamestop as well, so I hope this turns out to be true.

Top Bottom