• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newport, KY weekly tournaments are over until next summer =)

e__

Smash Ace
I really hope that you do do the doubles thing before the tournament starts, otherwise I won't be able to participate other than in the chance of some random friendlies at the end.

If you do decide to do the doubles thing, could you post so that I will no as to whether or not I can come?

Taso

Smash Apprentice
I'll start the doubles thing next week and see how that goes over.

This week will remain singles from 4-8/9.

Taso

Smash Apprentice
I'm doubting doubles will be possible tourny-wise as there will almost never be enough people there for a decent number of teams.
So for now, I'd say there's no cost, and the winning team(if it's tournament doubles) is exempt from paying the cost for the singles tourny.

How does that sound?

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I'm doubting doubles will be possible tourny-wise as there will almost never be enough people there for a decent number of teams.
So for now, I'd say there's no cost, and the winning team(if it's tournament doubles) is exempt from paying the cost for the singles tourny.

How does that sound?
Sounds interesting. I'd do it, though if we did for some reason get more than like... 4 teams there's no way in hell we'd finish both singles and doubles before game city kicks us out. :dizzy:

Infern Angelis

Smash Master

How does that sound?
Sounds good, its actually a good idea, since of course me and smash64 will be winning 4 sure

Also there is a chance Ed might not make it, if not, anyone wanna team up?

Taso

Smash Apprentice
I dunno' how well Joe will be in doubles. It's kinda' scary to think about. Heh.

He's gotta' learn things one at a time. Forcing him to focus on this would ruin his singles game.
I'd team up with you if Eddy can't come and you have no one else to team up with.

Taso

Smash Apprentice
40-60 bucks when we have enough people. Which lately, has been everytime.

I'll be gone until Wednesday out of town. I'm scheduled to get back in just before the tournament, but if I can't, I'll call Game City and have them give updates to people who show up on time(Almost no one).
=P

Taso

Smash Apprentice
There's a decent chance I'll be late this Wednesday anyway. I'm in Michigan right now. Coming back Wednesday morning. If we get back early enough Wednesday, I'll be able to tourny host on time.

Taso

Smash Apprentice
Night = ruined due to lack of attendance.

By 5:30, only two people were planning on entering aside from myself and Joe.

So 'twas a failure. Hopefully next week will be better. *shrug* =/

Taso

Smash Apprentice
That's fine. No one made you come o_O

To anyone else still reading this thread, it was probably a bi-product of Madden being released.
Just a guess.

Taso

Smash Apprentice
Well... Hmm... There'll only be two more tournies hosted by me before I leave.

Then someone else needs to take the mantle. Joe's volunteered, but I question his knowledge of the all-around subject of tournaments and Brawl.

I suppose I should tell him that the day will have to be moved. Suggestions?

Thursday is the suggestion I've been hearing thus far, though I'd prefer to see it become a weekend day...

Keep me informed.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
I vote for Saturdays or why cant u keep them on wednesdays? as for Joe hosting tournaments, that be awesome, I vote Joe for tournament President! :p and where again are u going Taso?

Taso

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to Transylvania University.
And X can't go Wednesdays anymore. I had taken to assuming he'd be the usual ride for you and Eddy. Without him, you guys can't go. That's the usuals right there.

Someone will have to school Joe in a lot of the game in my absence. =P

wangston

Smash Lord
Who here has been winning most of the tournaments and with what characters. At the Lousiville weekly it's Jiano's Snake or DraikRoan's peach.

Taso

Smash Apprentice
Eddy's won some with Ness
Q's won one or two with TL
I've won a few with Meta Knight
Kel with Marth
X always does well with Pit =P

Basically, no one uses the same characters. There are so few dittos, it's hilarious.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Put them on Saturdays! That way everyone can go pretty much and we can have more ppl from the tristate area come...driving long hours on weekdays are kinda inconvenient.

Taso

Smash Apprentice
They might get moved to Saturdays in a few weeks. The current problem with that is that I work on Saturdays.

It'll stop being a problem when Joe takes over for me though. Goin' to college and what not.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
I won with Ike once, well kinda tied with smash64, so my name deserves to be up there >:(

Also Saturdays are fine, only problem when big tournaments come up, they are usually on Sat so when those comes, alot of the usuals wont be there Sat, just letting u know

Taso

Smash Apprentice
Noooot my problem =P

For when the time comes, I don't have to worry about it.

e__

Smash Ace
I know both me and Chi are against Fridays. Saturdays would be good.

And any news about this wednesday?

Hold some doubles thing first so if I show up at 5:00 I can still do singles.

Taso

Smash Apprentice
Good.

Yeah, this Wednesday is still good.

4 PM start, I suppose we'll just do friendlies for an hour or so.

No way we'd get any doubles things in in an hour.

We'll hold stuff off for an hour if we can.

e__

Smash Ace
Thanks for prolonging it, Taso.

I wouldn't mind waiting for the doubles thing to finish though if you did start it.

e__

Smash Ace
Q, could you maybe bring your recording stuff here too so I can get a match up on YouTube?

And I can show up on time now, so I don't really care when it starts.

Top Bottom