• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Newcomer Support Thread Directory (Check here before making one)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Uh... I don't mean to step on any toes, but I sort of made a support thread that covers both Wave Race AND 1080 (By virtue of the two series being inter-connected and all).
I did note you guys should talk it out.

Keep in mind a General Series Support Thread and a support thread for a specific Character are not treated as the same. The way you wrote it is if Ryota Hayami, Wave Race, and 1080 are all part of the same thread. Is that correct? Or is yours just a general thread to support both series?

(For instance, we can have a Mortal Kombat thread but also a separate Scorpion thread).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I did note you guys should talk it out.

Keep in mind a General Series Support Thread and a support thread for a specific Character are not treated as the same. The way you wrote it is if Ryota Hayami, Wave Race, and 1080 are all part of the same thread. Is that correct? Or is yours just a general thread to support both series?

(For instance, we can have a Mortal Kombat thread but also a separate Scorpion thread).
Yes, that's right. My thread is a general thread that supports the idea of both series and/or their individual characters from both/either series (Ryota included) getting into Smash. That said, if you wanted to support one series over the other, my OP makes accommodations for it.

For the record, I'm not saying Perkilator Perkilator should get rid of their Ryota Hayami thread or anything.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes, that's right. My thread is a general thread that supports the idea of both series and/or their individual characters from both/either series (Ryota included) getting into Smash. That said, if you wanted to support one series over the other, my OP makes accommodations for it.

For the record, I'm not saying Perkilator Perkilator should get rid of their Ryota Hayami thread or anything.
Okay, so what I can do is rename it "General Wave Race/1080 Snowboarding Thread" and have Perkilator's thread be the specific Ryota Hayami thread.

This work for both you and Perkilator Perkilator ? :)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Okay, so what I can do is rename it "General Wave Race/1080 Snowboarding Thread" and have Perkilator's thread be the specific Ryota Hayami thread.

This work for both you and Perkilator Perkilator ? :)
Uh, would it be an issue if I wanted to keep the current title for my thread?:ohwell:

I don't mean to cause any problems, it's just that... well, I've grown pretty attached to it. What's more, I don't think my thread would cause any problems for Perkilator Perkilator 's Ryota thread, would it?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
No, not at all!
Oh, good!:)

By the way, Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth ... would it be OK if I was made the new owner of the Mona (from WarioWare) for Smash thread?

I noticed the 'Open for Takeover' note has been there for quite some time, and I'm pretty sure that the original OP left SmashBoards quite a while ago. In fact, I'm pretty sure they were getting ready to transfer ownership to me, but SmashBoards already went through its retool by then, and transferring ownership supposedly became a lot trickier.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Uh, would it be an issue if I wanted to keep the current title for my thread?:ohwell:

I don't mean to cause any problems, it's just that... well, I've grown pretty attached to it. What's more, I don't think my thread would cause any problems for Perkilator Perkilator 's Ryota thread, would it?
I see zero issues here~ Though your thread name is misleading slightly since it implies 1080 doesn't matter. I'll update the threads.

Oh, good!:)

By the way, Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth ... would it be OK if I was made the new owner of the Mona (from WarioWare) for Smash thread?

I noticed the 'Open for Takeover' note has been there for quite some time, and I'm pretty sure that the original OP left SmashBoards quite a while ago. In fact, I'm pretty sure they were getting ready to transfer ownership to me, but SmashBoards already went through its retool by then, and transferring ownership supposedly became a lot trickier.
Okay, I can clarify Azure is right now on hiatus due to therapy. All of his other threads for his alt, AwesomeAussie, I can't say either. I can't really say if they're permanently gone or not, as I haven't seen a post of them stating it. I'd talk to a mod here on that one. :)

Perkilator Perkilator : Could you post the link again?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I see zero issues here~ Though your thread name is misleading slightly since it implies 1080 doesn't matter. I'll update the threads.

Okay, I can clarify Azure is right now on hiatus due to therapy. All of his other threads for his alt, AwesomeAussie, I can't say either. I can't really say if they're permanently gone or not, as I haven't seen a post of them stating it. I'd talk to a mod here on that one. :)

Perkilator Perkilator : Could you post the link again?
Sure. It's right here.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Um... I checked the directory and... well, I think you may have come across the wrong thread. This is mine. You know what's really odd? I'm almost positive that my thread WAS what the link on the OP here linked to. I don't know why it's linking to someone else's Wave Race-specific thread...

Yeah, I was... well, I guess I knew him fairly well. If anything, he seemed OK with me taking over, but I'll ask a mod just to be safe.:)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Um... I checked the directory and... well, I think you may have come across the wrong thread. This is mine. You know what's really odd? I'm almost positive that my thread WAS what the link on the OP here linked to. I don't know why it's linking to someone else's Wave Race-specific thread...
I figured out why. The original Ryota thread already existed. So it appears we had two Ryota threads. ._.

Yeah, I was... well, I guess I knew him fairly well. If anything, he seemed OK with me taking over, but I'll ask a mod just to be safe.:)
I think I remember that? Either way, only a Mod can transfer ownership over.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
https://smashboards.com/threads/hon...coming-the-wave-race-for-smash-thread.462587/ This was the old exact thread too. It does look like it was a General Wave Race and Ryota Hayami thread. I'd suggest that you two(Perkilator and Smashkirby) talk to the owner about what to do. From what it looks like, Ryota is probably easy to split off, but the General Wave Race thread itself might be considered best to keep this one. However, that's up to you three(Flyboy included) instead. I'll update any links once all is figured out. :)

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
D'you think we should just have a general thread for sharing movesets we think are cool? I feel like that would be a good way to socialize and try to get more people sold on your favorite characters.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
D'you think we should just have a general thread for sharing movesets we think are cool? I feel like that would be a good way to socialize and try to get more people sold on your favorite characters.
that'd honestly be great, as sometimes when I post mine I can't help but feel like I'm cluttering up a thread, especially when the moveset doesn't actually pertain to the character the thread is about, but only in the same series, for example.
I'd also love to see what other people's moveset ideas are so that we can compare and learn from each other!

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth Hey, so, a character thread is available for takeover after prolonged periods of inactivity, right? About how long does that take? I was interested in potentially taking over one of the support threads.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth Hey, so, a character thread is available for takeover after prolonged periods of inactivity, right? About how long does that take? I was interested in potentially taking over one of the support threads.
I don't remember if there's a literal hard time limit. Might've been six months. Also, it's important to talk to the owner and they wouldn't have responded for six months, and probably are inactive/gone as well.

I dunno if anything has changed either. I mean, I haven't been a Moderator of this section for around a year, so any small factors I wouldn't know about.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Some of these characters already have a support thread - check the directory for the characters before making new threads. (I'll merge the duplicates with the pre-existing threads)

Also, it would help to have some Smash-specific details (moveset ideas, stage ideas, etc.) rather than just copying and pasting Wikipedia articles - give people a reason why they might be interested in seeing these characters in Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom