• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer: Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight) *Now with Moveset Sketches!*

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
followerofbrawl, Ralph_Marquee, shut the hell up!

Wanna flame each other? Good, do it with private messages, and leave this thread so I can regain my sanity lost by reading your posts with thoughtful discussion like this board was made for. Better yet, I'll go to 4chan, because at this point it's more intelligent than this.

A mod will be here shortly to warn/ban you both, I expect.
Don't tell me to shut up.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Quit feeding the troll...

So, yeah, Sukapon for Brawl. I'm not really too worried about Little Mac being an Assist trophy hurting Sukapon's already questionable chances. They probably would have had trouble making a moveset for Little Mac, or an interesting one at least. (He would only be able to punch right?) I think they would have a little more to work with when dealing with Sukapon. Also, I think he's been a more requested character than Little Mac. (In Japan at least)

Chains

Smash Apprentice
HAS Sukapon been more requested than Little Mac? I didn't know he was that popular, i jut thought his fanbase was within this board. Interesting...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So many people are against rayman for having no limbs but sukapon is ok?

I'm not against anyone being in brawl it just seems strange to me, He looks strange though.....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My goodness his fan base extends more than just this board...

...I saw Sukapon all over rosters on other sites as their retro/ homage/ WTF character

parrothead

Smash Lord
I've wondered that too... Maybe just go the Game & Watch route and have his head as the icon?
Game & Watch's icon was taken from people ringing bells or making noise in the corners of each Game & Watch handheld's LCD screen.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I just have an idea and I don't know if anybody already came up with this: What about making Sukapon the "Copycat" of Smash Brothers Brawl? Like Mokujin in the Tekken Series or Charade in the Soul Calibur Series. His disjointed body would work with that.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
no it has enough potential for a complete and unique moveset...

Ditto would work PERFECTLY for that role if Sakurai decides he wants a Charade-like character in this game...

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
I think Sukapon would be the ULTIMATE "WTF?!" character, and IMO Brawl needs one of those like Melee did (Game and Watch). I support Sukapon in brawl :)

parrothead

Smash Lord
I just have an idea and I don't know if anybody already came up with this: What about making Sukapon the "Copycat" of Smash Brothers Brawl? Like Mokujin in the Tekken Series or Charade in the Soul Calibur Series. His disjointed body would work with that.
no it has enough potential for a complete and unique moveset...

Ditto would work PERFECTLY for that role if Sakurai decides he wants a Charade-like character in this game...
I've thought of someone similar.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
in all honesty, if Sakurai wanted a Charade guy Ditto would be easier to put in....its a pink blob...Nester isnt...besides they can just recycle the unused model from Melee...its entrance would be to pop out of a Pokeball and then use Transform or it would be the Random thing in the Character Select screen and you see Ditto use Transform there....which will be a random character....

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Wow... what a weird character. O,o

But very interesting indeed.... I heard Joy Mech Fight was sort of like the SSB of the Nes. :D

I feel like trying that game out whenever I can. And I support the character. He'd be so unpredictable and ackward. XD

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I think Sukapon would be the ULTIMATE "WTF?!" character, and IMO Brawl needs one of those like Melee did (Game and Watch). I support Sukapon in brawl :)
Come to think of it, yeah! That would be perfect! He's be one of the last characters to unlock, just like Mr. Game & Watch, too!

parrothead

Smash Lord

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I mentioned that earlier. However, Skapon supporters refused to believe that, and continued yelling out "I want Skapon in SSBB!" Also, while Sakurai and the rest of the SSBB staff are using new tools, this will move Skapon one step closer. If Rayman made it to the 3D world without limbs, then why not Skapon?
exactly. all skapon haters whos still stick to the whole "ZOMG, HE SAKURAI HAD TEH TECHNICALL PROBLEMZ OVER 6 YEARS AGO, HE CANT BE IN LOLOLOLOLOL!" need to die and have their souls cast into oblivion.:mad:

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I mentioned that earlier. However, Skapon supporters refused to believe that, and continued yelling out "I want Skapon in SSBB!" Also, while Sakurai and the rest of the SSBB staff are using new tools, this will move Skapon one step closer. If Rayman made it to the 3D world without limbs, then why not Skapon?
He also said Takamaru was not being considered unless another game of his was made. He later got a game and Sakurai said that if the game sold well he very well could be in. The issue is popularity in that case. Sukapon has a fanbase, and a large one at that. It's still possible.

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to make him though, I mean, at it's heart, Smash Bros is just a 2D fighter, and Sukapons game was on the NES... if the Wii is incapable of doing something the NES could, then that is a bit sad. (We all know it can, that was a rhetorical statement).

But really, I can see him in Brawl. At first I figured he would be a completely stupid character and hated the idea, but after seeing a video, I say why not. I won't miss him if he's not in, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him in. I'd prefer him to Game and Watch but I don't see that happening.

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
Harken, does that be the familiar sig of Parrothead I see? :p

I think Sukapon has at least decent chances, tied with Balloon Fighter at least.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
**** it would be glorious to see Skapon fight against all odds and end up in Brawl!!!

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
exactly. all skapon haters whos still stick to the whole "ZOMG, HE SAKURAI HAD TEH TECHNICALL PROBLEMZ OVER 6 YEARS AGO, HE CANT BE IN LOLOLOLOLOL!" need to die and have their souls cast into oblivion.:mad:
Sakurai never said it was because of technical problems. He didn't say why he was rejected, but I highly doubt it wasn't because it was difficult to make him work.

In all likelihood, Sakurai probably realized that the odds of Sukapon ever appearing in another game again are extremely low, and that he was just going to keep getting more and more obscure. At the time that Sukapon did well on the SSB polls, his game was 6 years old. Now, it's about 14 years old and Sukapon has not made an appearance of any kind since Joy Mech Fight on the Famicom. No sequels, no ports, no cameos, nothing. It doesn't sound like we'll even be seeing him on the VC anytime soon.

The tone of Sakurai's response to the people saying they wanted Sukapon is like "Well nothing is technically impossible, but seriously don't get your hopes up". It really sounds like there's no hope for Sukapon from the way Sakurai says it.

There's nothing wrong with wanting Sukapon, but at the very least you can be more realistic about his chances and a little bit more understanding as to why people may not want him in. I'm rather neutral towards his inclusion, but based on the facts, I don't expect him in the least.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sakurai never said it was because of technical problems. He didn't say why he was rejected, but I highly doubt it wasn't because it was difficult to make him work.

In all likelihood, Sakurai probably realized that the odds of Sukapon ever appearing in another game again are extremely low, and that he was just going to keep getting more and more obscure. At the time that Sukapon did well on the SSB polls, his game was 6 years old. Now, it's about 14 years old and Sukapon has not made an appearance of any kind since Joy Mech Fight on the Famicom. No sequels, no ports, no cameos, nothing. It doesn't sound like we'll even be seeing him on the VC anytime soon.

The tone of Sakurai's response to the people saying they wanted Sukapon is like "Well nothing is technically impossible, but seriously don't get your hopes up". It really sounds like there's no hope for Sukapon from the way Sakurai says it.

There's nothing wrong with wanting Sukapon, but at the very least you can be more realistic about his chances and a little bit more understanding as to why people may not want him in. I'm rather neutral towards his inclusion, but based on the facts, I don't expect him in the least.
It was found out through other means the reason why Sukapon was not in Melee

Sakurai doesn't have to say it, for it to be revealed

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php...publisher=&genre=&keyword=&order=Last+Updated

According to the aforementioned site, the GBA Famicom remake of Kid Icarus sold just about as well as Nazo no Murasamejou did. If that's the case, and Pit's inclusion truly was based on those sales (0.7 million copies), then this could bode very well for Takamaru. :bigthumbu

It's disheartening to hear that Sukapon may very well be excluded once more, but I still have hope. The new Havok engine should help ease the difficulties that Sakurai's team had before with Sukapon's disconnected body. Fingers crossed, everyone!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I wasn't sure at first about Sukapon, then I watched a video of his game and youtube and have to say I'm impressed, he looks really unique and I love the game's music

All I have to say is Watch a video of Sukapon before you say anything bad about him ;)

Top Bottom