• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer Stock Icons

Should I create a icon Discord or Reddit to place all of these

• Reddit

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Discord

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Both

Votes: 46 54.8%

• Total voters

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Now that Hero has dropped, requesting new icons for at least the Dragon Quest 1 Hero and Terry from Dragon Quest IV/Dragon Quest Monsters.

We have Luminary's official one now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's kind of funny, B-K's fan-made icon was one of the ones I've used that were still working by the time the reveal dropped. It was like a sign, or something.
And then only Erdrick got an icon. Whereas the Hero's face is literally Luminary.

Then again, it's like we got our DBZ character. :p

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
And then only Erdrick got an icon. Whereas the Hero's face is literally Luminary.

Then again, it's like we got our DBZ character. :p
Does the hero icon not change like Olimar and Alph? Or the two Bayonetta’s? Maybe they’ll add stock icons for the other hero’s on release.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Does the hero icon not change like Olimar and Alph? Or the two Bayonetta’s? Maybe they’ll add stock icons for the other hero’s on release.
No clue. I hope so. We have zero gameplay to tell.

Even then, I don't know if we'll have the proper Dragon Quest 1 Hero. It might still be just Solo and Eight. I need icons of their color swaps as is. They're my main alts. To clarify, Solo's alt is DQ1 Hero(A.K.A. Erdrick's Descendant) and Eight's alt is Terry(the guy from DQII and DQVI). I think Terry is the same person who gets used in Dragon Quest Monsters, but I might be wrong. From what I remember, DQIV started the idea that you could recruit monsters. I don't know if Terry from DQM is based upon Solo or not. It's part of the lore I don't know.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No clue. I hope so. We have zero gameplay to tell.

Even then, I don't know if we'll have the proper Dragon Quest 1 Hero. It might still be just Solo and Eight. I need icons of their color swaps as is. They're my main alts. To clarify, Solo's alt is DQ1 Hero(A.K.A. Erdrick's Descendant) and Eight's alt is Terry(the guy from DQII and DQVI). I think Terry is the same person who gets used in Dragon Quest Monsters, but I might be wrong. From what I remember, DQIV started the idea that you could recruit monsters. I don't know if Terry from DQM is based upon Solo or not. It's part of the lore I don't know.
DQM has the very same Terry as the lead, during his childhood.

Last edited:

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
Can we get a new Jill Valentine, Twintelle, and Conker icon as these no longer seem to work on the site?

Also, I would like to request Raz from Psychonauts if anyone would be kind enough to make an orginal one (I don't think we ever had a Raz icon on the site).

EDIT: I found newer icons for Twintelle and Jill Valentine in this thread by googling icons for them and getting redirected to the specific page in this thread. Not sure what pages they are on, but I'd like to request that they are moved to the front page.

Last edited:

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
After millennium, I. HAVE. RETURNED! And I come bearing gifts; just one gift, but a gift nonetheless.

GORDON RAMSAY STOCK:

I took a closer look at how Smash Ultimate's stock icons actually look so that I could tailor this one to look more like a true icon. I feel it could have gone without so much brown in the hair, I just used that because ol' Ramsay has plenty of darker shades to go alongside the lighter shades and I didn't want to lose that in this stock. I also learned how to minimize the cursed white fuzz, so now this one has practically unnoticeable white fuzz. Also, I have moved from using Twitter to Imgur; all my stock icons are still on Twitter because I'm too lazy to move it all it's just too much effort for something that might be kinda pointless. With this all new, almost white fuzz free method of making stock icons that I have uncovered, I will try to return to the old grind tomorrow and pump out all those icons I promised I'd make but never got to.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Haven't been to this thread in an eternity. I think it's time to add Banjo and Hero to the Champion's Gallery.
Not only is the Edrick ones not working, but it isn't even the character that directly got in.

Hero is clearly not what we expected, which was Luminary as the actual face(and the official icon to use).

Banjo, yeah, time to move down~

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Here are a couple icons I have that are broken in the OP:

steve_icon.png
geno_icon.png

Also this:

herobrine_icon.png

None are mine, except for the Herobrine one although it's really just an edit of the Steve one.

Unfortunately I don't have Gengar, the broken Sans icons, the smaller Geno icons, or any of the others.

Last edited:

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
I just made a new Morgana icon per request. There are three different flavors here, pick which one you think looks the best, but otherwise I'd love for it to be on here!

No Eyes & No Mouth:

Eyes & Mouth:

No Eyes & Mouth:

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Pakky Pakky can you please make an icon for Lobster Warrior from TEW 2016. He is a character that has only been in video games don’t worry.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Dear peeps

First of congrats to those who called Banjo and the Hero(s).

I am most excited about them.

However do to personal life and the state of the list which in my absence despite my polite pleas for help ,remains broken.

I will now retire from my owner ship of this thread.

It was really fun but due the things I mentioned on top of other things that I have happened here.

I can not continue it, I apologize to all who love others work and mine, but this gallery just can't move forward on here.

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Dear peeps

However do to personal life and the state of the list which in my absence despite my polite pleas for help ,remains broken.

It was really fun but due the things I mentioned on top of other things that I have happened here.

I can not continue it, I apologize to all who love others work and mine, but this gallery just can't move forward on here.
Thanks for all your hard work Pakky Pakky . You are an amazing user, and you will be missed.

By the way, I would love to help and become the new thread owner, the only problem is that I’m not that active on here anymore. So I would need a co-owner to help me out when I’m not on here.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sorry to see you go, Pakky.

I think everyone in this thread guesses Erdrick, but got wrong what was actually going on.

All the evidence points to Luminary as the face from the start. The stage was clearly figured out early on in development. They had a clear-cut plan like with all DLC. They need to figure out the main plan immediately in order to license it properly. It doesn't matter if Sakurai or Square-Enix proposed Erdrick from the start. That wasn't the final decision to begin development with regardless. Also, contrary to popular belief, the Kirby hats are equipment Luminary uses. The headgear does admittedly look similar to the one Erdrick wears, though.

The Spirits don't even focus on DQ3 bar the Erdrick one alone. And that's not even properly called Erdrick either, like the rest of them. The rest are from entirely different games, including 1, 2, 4, 5, and 11. 8 surprisingly only has the Hero spirit, considering the Mouse could've been another good Spirit choice. Though 8 is mainly in as a costume to appeal to the US playerbase. There's a decent amount of love for Dragon Quest 1. The actual Mii costume is specifically Erdrick's Equipment from that game. Which is not really so much a call to Erdrick as being "a costume of the Dragon Quest 1 Hero specifically". It's just the lore obviously is with Erdrick as he's infamous in-universe. Which is understandably why people focus on him as being the most important hero. It's not wrong to think they'd use him as the face, but that wasn't clearly they case.

Hope that explains a bit of the issue with the whole idea Erdrick was intended to be the face. It doesn't add up whatsoever. Only Verge at most leads up to it being true, but he gave no real explanation other than him being in that it doesn't actually provide anything of use other than "well, yeah, a costume exists too" as a proper interpretation of what he knew. Maybe he'll come out with more information if he ever had it. Besides that, to be fair, would someone want to leak anyone other than Erdrick as the face? Probably not, as that would ruin the surprise.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Dear peeps

Sorry to hear that, as it is now my sig is barely presentable, so I'm considering just dropping the icons entirely at some point. I may use KrazyBones' artwork as avatars instead.

May you have a fruitful life ahead of you.

D

Deleted member

Hello there, I know this thread is kinda dead atm, but I decided to post some custom stock icons that I made.

These are stock icon of the Ultra Beast, Blacephalon.

D

Deleted member

I mean, I have a few to share

Arizona.png

Arizona
Velvet.png

Velvet
Oleander.png

Oleander
Paprika.png

Paprika
Pom.png