• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer Stock Icons

Should I create a icon Discord or Reddit to place all of these

• Reddit

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Discord

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Both

Votes: 46 54.8%

• Total voters

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
I'm honored to have my Mega Man X icon featured here! So honored, in fact, that I went ahead and made another icon today. You can scratch the Vile request off now, I decided to make my own since I'm getting better at making icons now.

The icon's a bit on the big side, so here's a smaller version. Fits on signatures well with the officials and some of the fan made icons here.

This was just something I did for myself. Don't be afraid to holler if you all like what I've got and want some icons of your own, I'd be happy to see what I can do.
I know my Mappy request was already done, but can you do Octodad.

Some Nintendo Nerd

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-0087-6624
I'm honored to have my Mega Man X icon featured here! So honored, in fact, that I went ahead and made another icon today. You can scratch the Vile request off now, I decided to make my own since I'm getting better at making icons now.

The icon's a bit on the big side, so here's a smaller version. Fits on signatures well with the officials and some of the fan made icons here.

This was just something I did for myself. Don't be afraid to holler if you all like what I've got and want some icons of your own, I'd be happy to see what I can do.
Could you possibly make an icon for Leaf/Green from Pokemon Let's Go and her appearance from Smash Bros./Fire Red and Leaf Green?

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
I know my Mappy request was already done, but can you do Octodad.
You're in luck, I was just working on that! I DMed you the Octodad, but I'll go ahead and bring him here for everyone else to see, too.

A very paternal icon, indeed...

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
Could you possibly make an icon for Leaf/Green from Pokemon Let's Go and her appearance from Smash Bros./Fire Red and Leaf Green?
Two separate icons for Let's Go Leaf and FRLG Green, right? Yeah, I'd be willing to do that for you. Not sure if it'll look very good but hey, I'll try my best. Honored you'd ask me!

Some Nintendo Nerd

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-0087-6624
Two separate icons for Let's Go Leaf and FRLG Green, right? Yeah, I'd be willing to do that for you. Not sure if it'll look very good but hey, I'll try my best. Honored you'd ask me!
Yeah, two different ones. It doesn’t matter if it looks bad, it’s fine with me and your other stuff look really good!

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
Yeah, two different ones. It doesn’t matter if it looks bad, it’s fine with me and your other stuff look really good!
Aw, thanks, glad to hear that you like my stuff. I just knocked your Let's Go Green request out of the park, which I put quite a bit more work into than usual. I realized that a good portion of my icons sort of lost that sort of minimalist style that the Smash Ultimate stock icons are supposed to have, so I went and made this feel more official than my Vile, Spider-Man, and Octodad. Plus, I also went ahead and made two different variants! I know it doesn't seem like there's a difference at first, but trust me when I say that there is. One is done entirely with black outlines, while the second has those outlines mostly colored in for more of an official icon feel.

LINED:

LINELESS:

I was conflicted on whether I wanted to keep the neck, but Leaf's hair is SO BIG in the Let's Go design and I wanted to try my best to preserve that bottom part. It looks odd compared to the official icons for that reason, but oh well, that's what I get for trying to be accurate. :p
Anyway, enough babbling from me. I'll get to work on the FR/LG Green tomorrow, and I'm quite looking forward to. I've also gotta do the Fortnite default skin for that one guy, but for now, I've gotta catch some Z's.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Updated Manondork Manondork you are killing it bro excellent work!

I'll clean up the request list later, and move some of our new non-videogame guests into the 'room'

Last edited:

Some Nintendo Nerd

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-0087-6624
Aw, thanks, glad to hear that you like my stuff. I just knocked your Let's Go Green request out of the park, which I put quite a bit more work into than usual. I realized that a good portion of my icons sort of lost that sort of minimalist style that the Smash Ultimate stock icons are supposed to have, so I went and made this feel more official than my Vile, Spider-Man, and Octodad. Plus, I also went ahead and made two different variants! I know it doesn't seem like there's a difference at first, but trust me when I say that there is. One is done entirely with black outlines, while the second has those outlines mostly colored in for more of an official icon feel.

LINED:

LINELESS:

I was conflicted on whether I wanted to keep the neck, but Leaf's hair is SO BIG in the Let's Go design and I wanted to try my best to preserve that bottom part. It looks odd compared to the official icons for that reason, but oh well, that's what I get for trying to be accurate. :p
Anyway, enough babbling from me. I'll get to work on the FR/LG Green tomorrow, and I'm quite looking forward to. I've also gotta do the Fortnite default skin for that one guy, but for now, I've gotta catch some Z's.
Thank you! It looks great! I’m looking forward to the FRLG and all of your other work in the future!

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman

Pyra, for my project

I found this post, and I think this dude should have his request done since he’s been waiting a while.
First one has one

D

Deleted member

Could someone please make an icon for Putt-Putt and Hornet from Daytona USA?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'd like to request a Kyo Kusanagi icon (front shot of has face with the white headband). Some reference pictures:

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
Everyone who asked me for icons, I'm working on them right now. I just thought I'd let you all know that, don't want to keep you in the dark.

I'd like to request a Kyo Kusanagi icon (front shot of has face with the white headband). Some reference pictures:

I could do Kusanagi for you. He's a guy with a headband and short hair, it'd be easy to do.

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
BIG ICON DUMP!

FRLG Green (Lined):

FRLG Green (Lineless):

Kyo Kusanagi (Lined):
(I'm sorry about the white fuzz; I tried to make it as unnoticeable as possible)
Kyo Kusanagi (Lineless):

Fortnite Guy:

Pyra:

And that'll do it! I didn't even attempt to do lineless with Fortnite Guy and Pyra, there's just too many details in their hair (Pyra especially, I hate working with anime-like hair in this type of thing).

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
BIG ICON DUMP!

FRLG Green (Lined):

FRLG Green (Lineless):

Kyo Kusanagi (Lined):
(I'm sorry about the white fuzz; I tried to make it as unnoticeable as possible)
Kyo Kusanagi (Lineless):

Fortnite Guy:

Pyra:

And that'll do it! I didn't even attempt to do lineless with Fortnite Guy and Pyra, there's just too many details in their hair (Pyra especially, I hate working with anime-like hair in this type of thing).
I didn't even notice the lines. They all look great!

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
Glad to see you all liked the icons. If anyone else has more requests that they want me to do, please let me know before I get too wrapped up in something that doesn't involve making icons, haha.

Some Nintendo Nerd

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-0087-6624
Glad to see you all liked the icons. If anyone else has more requests that they want me to do, please let me know before I get too wrapped up in something that doesn't involve making icons, haha.
I have a few more:

Hornet (Daytona 100)

Gray Fox (MGS)

Big Boss (MGS)

Mr, AR (AR Games)

These may be really hard especially Hornet so its fine if they don't look the best.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do this if you want, I don't really care.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
BTW, please don't post media-only replies. That means only pictures, videos, tweets, etc. Add some more content. Usually it isn't fully on-topic or we can't understand the context due to the lack of words.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
Commander_Jaxon_5_-_Crackdown_3.jpg

Commander Jaxon (Crackdown 3)

Screenshot_20181223-073858.png

This may be easier than Jaxon

and finally

KSStSt_Poppy_Bros_Jr_artwork.png

Poppy Bros Jr

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
All right, let's see if I can get all those icons done today. I'll work on the more simple ones first. But, before I do that...

I have a few more:

Big Boss (MGS)

Which version of Big Boss were you looking for? I found an old guy Big Boss and a younger one. I'm not really a Metal Gear fan at all so forgive me if this was a stupid question, haha. Also, did you want him wearing his military cap, or no?

Last edited:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
This is a minor request, but could you do a small Porky icon? The current one is fine, but it's a bit too large for my taste.

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
This is a minor request, but could you do a small Porky icon? The current one is fine, but it's a bit too large for my taste.
Yeah, sure, I'd be willing to do that. Are you just looking for me to downsize the current icon for you or make a new one from scratch?

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
Another icon dump from yours truly!

Poppy Bro Jr. (Lined):

Poppy Bro Jr. (Lineless):
(not sure why this one is bigger when I set them to be the same size, but oh well)

Daytona Hornet:
(definitely the most difficult icon I had the honor of doing, I'm not proud of how it came out at all.)

Mr. AR (Lined):
(this marks the return of the painful white fuzz, I apologize! My program for transparency tends to hate these)
Mr. AR (Lineless):
(at least it looks nice with the lineless version...)

Ukiki:

Grey Fox:
(I wasn't sure if Some Nintendo Nerd meant the cyborg Grey Fox or the human one, so I went with whatever)

Jar-Jar Binks:
(second return of the white fuzz! It really hurts.)

And that's all! I still have Big Boss, Commander Jaxon, and the Porky resizing to do, but I'm afraid that will have to be done the day after tomorrow. I am going to be busy tomorrow doing other stuff. And honestly I've been pumping out constant icons, I think it's about time I let someone else do requests if they want.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
Daytona Hornet:
(definitely the most difficult icon I had the honor of doing, I'm not proud of how it came out at all.)
It doesn't look that bad

Poppy Bro Jr. (Lined):

(not sure why this one is bigger when I set them to be the same size, but oh well)

That is very weired, but they look nice

And that's all! I still have Big Boss, Commander Jaxon, and the Porky resizing to do, but I'm afraid that will have to be done the day after tomorrow. I am going to be busy tomorrow doing other stuff. And honestly I've been pumping out constant icons, I think it's about time I let someone else do requests if they want.

Well you have been spoiling us,

Maybe take the time to make icons of Characters you want to make

Some Nintendo Nerd

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-0087-6624
Another icon dump from yours truly!

Poppy Bro Jr. (Lined):

Daytona Hornet:

Mr. AR (Lined):
(this marks the return of the painful white fuzz, I apologize! My program for transparency tends to hate these)
Mr. AR (Lineless):
(at least it looks nice with the lineless version...)

Ukiki:

Grey Fox:
(I wasn't sure if Some Nintendo Nerd meant the cyborg Grey Fox or the human one, so I went with whatever)

Jar-Jar Binks:
(second return of the white fuzz! It really hurts.)

They all look great! The Cyborg One was the one I wanted so it’s fine. Sorry for not being clear about it.

Some Nintendo Nerd

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-0087-6624
All right, let's see if I can get all those icons done today. I'll work on the more simple ones first. But, before I do that...

Which version of Big Boss were you looking for? I found an old guy Big Boss and a younger one. I'm not really a Metal Gear fan at all so forgive me if this was a stupid question, haha. Also, did you want him wearing his military cap, or no?
Sorry for the late response, preferably the young one with the military cap to give him a bigger difference to Snake.

Lyu_

Smash Rookie
Hey, Just checking in again. Can anyone do my request? Thank you!
Can I request the following three Characters from the Baten Kaitos Franchise?

Savyna

Lyude

And lastly
Mizuti

Thank you in advance!

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
Hey, Just checking in again. Can anyone do my request? Thank you!
Once I start making icons again tomorrow, I'll make icons of Savina, Lyude, and Mizuti for you.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Once I start making icons again tomorrow, I'll make icons of Savina, Lyude, and Mizuti for you.
I apologize if you're busy atm, but would you be able to make either The Kid from Bastion or The Vessel from Hollow Knight whenever you find the time?

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
I apologize if you're busy atm, but would you be able to make either The Kid from Bastion or The Vessel from Hollow Knight whenever you find the time?
Don't be afraid to request icons, my dude. Yeah, I could do them. Which Vessel do you mean, though? I know nothing about Hollow Knight, and a quick Google search pulled up a few different Vessels that are in the game. I figure you mean the main character, but I want to be sure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom