• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer Stock Icons

Should I create a icon Discord or Reddit to place all of these

• Reddit

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Discord

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Both

Votes: 46 54.8%

• Total voters

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Don't be afraid to request icons, my dude. Yeah, I could do them. Which Vessel do you mean, though? I know nothing about Hollow Knight, and a quick Google search pulled up a few different Vessels that are in the game. I figure you mean the main character, but I want to be sure.
Yeah, the main character. He is never actually referred to as Hollow Knight, so we can't really call him that. By the way, thanks in advance :)

(Also you should play Hollow Knight, one of the best games on Switch imo).

Last edited:

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see you all liked the icons. If anyone else has more requests that they want me to do, please let me know before I get too wrapped up in something that doesn't involve making icons, haha.
I would like:
Axel (Crazy Taxi)
Barron Blade (WWE2K19 version)
And for my least wanted list, Captain Man (Henry Danger)

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
Well, looks like it's time for me to get started on icons again. Was a nice break while it lasted! So, if I got this correct, my current requests to do are...

. Commander Jaxon
. Big Boss (young w/ hat)
. Baldi
. Savina
. Lyude
. Mizuti
. The Vessel
. The Kid (Bastion)
. Axel (Crazy Train)
. Barron Blade (WWE2K19)
. Captain Man (Henry Danger)

That's a lot, but I'm starting early this time, so I think I may be able to get it all done today. I'll let you all know when I've done it!

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Well, looks like it's time for me to get started on icons again. Was a nice break while it lasted! So, if I got this correct, my current requests to do are...

. Commander Jaxon
. Baldi
. Savina
. Lyude
. Mizuti
. The Vessel
. The Kid (Bastion)
. Axel (Crazy Train)
. Barron Blade (WWE2K19)

That's a lot, but I'm starting early this time, so I think I may be able to get it all done today. I'll let you all know when I've done it!
Can we all take the time to just commend this legend? That's 11 stock icons that he doesn't even have to make; even if he's not making your request, this guy is a mad lad.

Also, for The Kid from Bastion, can you make it a front view of his face? A lot of pictures that include him are side views. Thanks in advance.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman

. Commander Jaxon
. Baldi
. Savina
. Lyude
. Mizuti
. The Vessel
. The Kid (Bastion)
. Axel (Crazy Train)
. Barron Blade (WWE2K19)

Holy s***

That will be impressive

Lookin foward to see how they turn out because your work is always quality

D

Deleted member

Axel (Crazy Train)
Actually it's Axel from "Crazy Taxi", not Crazy Train, besides that I think that's right.

also, good luck on doing them you absolute legend.

Last edited by a moderator:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Hey, if anyone here has the time, could they please make a Missingno stock icon? I didn't see it on the list.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, the main character. He is never actually referred to as Hollow Knight, so we can't really call him that. By the way, thanks in advance :)

(Also you should play Hollow Knight, one of the best games on Switch imo).
Not that this really stopped any crossover developers before. For their appearance in Brawlout, the prisoner/beheaded/forsaken one from Dead Cells got called Dead Cells.

It's like if you called Pit "Kid Icarus".

Last edited:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Not that this really stopped any crossover developers before. For their appearance in Brawlout, the prisoner/beheaded/forsaken one from Dead Cells got called Dead Cells.

It's like if you called Pit "Kid Icarus".
I had to spoil this for me to find out, but there is an actual character called the Hollow Knight in game already.

Also, the main character’s name is The Knight, not The Vessel. I’ve been calling him the wrong name this entire time :p

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
And now, everything is all done. 11 icons done in one day...That's definitely a record for me. I definitely don't really want to do this many icons in one day again, but it's at least fun for me to do.

Big Boss:

The Kid:
(looks more like an anime character in this style and has the skin of a burnt potato but I tried)

Axel:

The Knight:

Commander Jaxon:
(I wasn't able to do that tech stuff on his ears, but I was able to do that tech stuff on his eye, so I compromised.)

Savyna:
(god I hate this white fuzz so much, I'm sorry I just can't seem to get rid of it. I tried to make it as unnoticeable as I could.)

Lyude:

Mizuti:
(I guess my computer just doesn't like Baten Kaitos characters...Oh well.)

Baldi:
(I took no enjoyment in making this icon. Perfect for a "least wanted character" vibe!)

Barron Blade:
(his skin color is off but his skin looks oddly pink in the picture I used for reference so I went with it)

Captain Man:

Last edited:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
^^ guy above me is a legend.

Also, might I ask what you use to create these icons?

Last edited:

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
^^ guy above me is a legend.

Also, might I ask what you use to create these icons?
I'm just a simple man who just uses Microsoft Paint and some websites for converting them into transparent images.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I'm just a simple man who just uses Microsoft Paint and some websites for converting them into transparent images.
Woah, really? I'd always imagined it being a complicated string of websites.

Also, and I hate to sound pushy, but I have a few more requests. Please don't stress yourself out over getting these done; I'll gladly accept them any time. I'd actually prefer you get to these just so it's easier on you.

A smaller Lloyd Irving, Marx, Takamaru, and Porky than the ones we have now. The regular size for your icons is good.
A slightly larger Sora than the one we have now.
Isa Jo from Sin & Punishment.

You don't even really have to do these lol, they're just things I'd prefer over what we have now.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, sure, I'd be willing to do that. Are you just looking for me to downsize the current icon for you or make a new one from scratch?
Resize the current one, please. If possible, please touch up any unusual lines as well so the smaller image looks clean.

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
Woah, really? I'd always imagined it being a complicated string of websites.

Also, and I hate to sound pushy, but I have a few more requests. Please don't stress yourself out over getting these done; I'll gladly accept them any time. I'd actually prefer you get to these just so it's easier on you.

A smaller Lloyd Irving, Marx, Takamaru, and Porky than the ones we have now. The regular size for your icons is good.
A slightly larger Sora than the one we have now.
Isa Jo from Sin & Punishment.

You don't even really have to do these lol, they're just things I'd prefer over what we have now.
Oh yeah, I could do resizings in like a few seconds, haha. I really do appreciate that you care so much about me, though; I don't mean for that to sound sarcastic because I don't at all mean it in that light. It's almost surreal to see someone on the Internet request something and say to not stress myself over them, I like it a lot. :nifty:

All right, here are the resizes!

Smol Lloyd, Marx, Takamaru, & Porky (made to my usual icon size):

Large Big Mac Sora:
(for some reason the icon seems to be at a much more upwards angle than the others, so it looks weird)

I'll work on an icon for Isa Jo at a later date. Once again, I appreciate that you value me so much, my dude, and I hope you enjoy these resizes. Since I can so easily do these, I'd be willing to do more resizes for people if they so desire.

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
Resize the current one, please. If possible, please touch up any unusual lines as well so the smaller image looks clean.
Well, looks like I pretty much already did that for you, haha. I can redo what I currently did if it looks off to you, though.

maverickl6

Smash Rookie
Hello I would like to request a few icons.
Pigma from Star Fox
Bass from Megaman
Rouge the Bat from Sonic Adventure 2

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to take a crack at these.

D

Deleted member

We have some great fictional fish, and we have some great childhood games for children yet none of them are in Smash.

Combine the two, BAM!!!

We get Freddi Fish and his friend Luther

Can someone do this one day? Don't care when. Don't ask why.

Lyu_

Smash Rookie
And now, everything is all done. 11 icons done in one day...That's definitely a record for me. I definitely don't really want to do this many icons in one day again, but it's at least fun for me to do.

Big Boss:

The Kid:
(looks more like an anime character in this style and has the skin of a burnt potato but I tried)

Axel:

The Knight:

Commander Jaxon:
(I wasn't able to do that tech stuff on his ears, but I was able to do that tech stuff on his eye, so I compromised.)

Savyna:
(god I hate this white fuzz so much, I'm sorry I just can't seem to get rid of it. I tried to make it as unnoticeable as I could.)

Lyude:

Mizuti:

Baldi:
(I took no enjoyment in making this icon. Perfect for a "least wanted character" vibe!)

Barron Blade:
(his skin color is off but his skin looks oddly pink in the picture I used for reference so I went with it)

Captain Man:

Haha, dont worry about the white fuzz. I'm really grateful either way, thank you!

All these icons really turned out great. The only problem I got with the three I requested are the sizes. They are too small. Could you adjust them to make them bigger?

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman

Big Boss:

The Kid:

Axel:

The Knight:

Commander Jaxon:

Savyna:

Lyude:

Mizuti:

Baldi:

Barron Blade:

Captain Man:
You are a legend! You don’t have to do these right now, but icons for Woken Matt Hardy and Robbie Rotten (My friend loves the we are number one memes) would be nice.

Last edited:

Some Nintendo Nerd

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-0087-6624

Big Boss:

The Kid:

Axel:

The Knight:

Commander Jaxon:

Savyna:

Lyude:

Mizuti:

Baldi:

Barron Blade:

Captain Man:
They look amazing! Thank you for doing my requests, those should be it for a while

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
Haha, dont worry about the white fuzz. I'm really grateful either way, thank you!

All these icons really turned out great. The only problem I got with the three I requested are the sizes. They are too small. Could you adjust them to make them bigger?
I can do that for you. They are a bit smaller than my other icons now that you mention it...

Hopefully this'll remedy that. I wasn't sure just how much bigger you wanted them, but I think I got them to a good, recognizable size.

Also, thank you everyone for your kind words! I'm glad you all like the icons I've made for you. I imagine Pakky will be pleasantly surprised by all the progress made here, heh. I'm going to go on another break for making more icons, though I'm always up for resizes of what's already made.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
Also, thank you everyone for your kind words! I'm glad you all like the icons I've made for you. I imagine Pakky will be pleasantly surprised by all the progress made here, heh. I'm going to go on another break for making more icons, though I'm always up for resizes of what's already made.
I love Jaxon's icon,

Please resize Lycanroc make him smaller, please

Thank you absaloute legend

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Do we know if there are any plans to add alt costumes stock icons and the 3 Pokemon? Smash Wii U included them
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:
:4wario2::4wario:
:4miif::4mii::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
:pt::ivysaur::charizard::squirtle:
:4cloud::4cloud2:
:4alph::4olimar:
:4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Sorry guys happy new year updates will be going down shortly just recovering a bit.

Thank you all for your dedication, and let's march into the new year together!

Last edited:
So, guys. I've been thinking you should add Bonkers from kirby. Good boss, good friend, really great. I can see the icon already...

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Can someone make a Tails icon in the style of all the other official icons? Thanks!

(Head preferably facing forwards)

I hope to God there's no red X of shame...

Last edited:
Top Bottom