• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I am patiently counting out the days til Sephiroth's release. I really hope I can get a handle on his playstyle. I love Joker, but his playstyle is too quick for me; it was really hard getting used to him and I ended up not playing him as much because of it. I did get good with Hero though. I practiced with him doing the 5v5 mode with level 9 CPUs and seeing how long I can keep going with Hero. Figured that was a good way to get better lol.
Sephy's moves seem pretty slow, with Shadow Flare looking like a pressure tool to catch someone off guard and to force them on defense, which kinda reminds me of Vergil's Spiral Swords in MvC3, though not nearly as potent obviously. That being said I wonder how Sakurai would balance Spiral Swords should Vergil get in lmao, it's too iconic to leave out

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You lost me calling Ganondorf's kit objectively terrible from a design standpoint. It's not competitively viable, nobody will argue that, but that's not the point. There's more to consider about designing a character than how they'll do at the top level of play; you're not going to make this kind of playstyle competitively viable in a platform fighter. It's not going to happen, but that's okay!
Is having both his up tilt and neutral B both serve a similar purpose, to destroy those unfortunate enough to be hit by such slow attacks, good design?

Kokiden

Smash Ace
No ii mean, would Link have to change as well, alt wise?
No? Link is fine as is. He's got so many designs all in the one character slot.

He's got his BOTW, Fierce Deity, classic green tunic look, Dark Link, etc, look all in the one character.

Faso115

Smash Lord
If Sephiroth turns out to be slow, then i guess he is not motivated enough.

Smh should have been Vergil. Imagine having Bury the Light /s

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If Sephiroth turns out to be slow, then i guess he is not motivated enough.

Smh should have been Vergil. Imagine having Bury the Light /s
I don't think filthy casuals could handle our good old 'King of the cheap moves' lmao. That being said a surprising amount of people, myself included, thought Vergil was the one who slashed Galeem for a bit.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord

I think Sakurai just wants to avoid doing what say, Capcom did with Jill Valentine back in MVC3: pretty much completely gutting out their old moveset in favour of an entirely new one, thus basically cutting out the original character from the series and putting an entirely different one in their place.

He'll change the characters up a bit, just as he's done with Ganondorf over the years, but I imagine he wants the fighters to retain their core identity for each installment. Ganondorf was born as a clone of Captain Falcon, and for thus for better or worse he'll remain a deriative of Falcon at his heart in future installments.
Honestly, mix Ultimate's Smash Attacks with PM Ganondorf and it's perfect lol.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Please enlighten me on how hard Sakurai worked on Ganondorf's design the day he decided to make him a Falcon clone.
I was not talking about how hard or easy it may or may not have been, rather the end result. Being similar to Captain Falcon (which he is) and playing in a similar manner to him (he does not) are two different things. If enough people are infatuated with him as he currently exists to make changing him a hassle, the result of cloning Captain Falcon must not have been all that bad.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Ganondorf doesn't even need a complete overhaul, a single move and some animation changes would be more than enough.

Dead Man's Volley is just so iconic and one projectile wouldn't take away the rest of his physical moves. Warlock Punch is next to useless anyway.

Just change his run animation to a float and make his grab 'telekinetic' ala Mewtwo and bam, he's more warlocky without any actual moveset changes.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Yeah someone does. His name was Minecraft Steve. I've seen so many people regardless of age and background play and love Minecraft. So yeah, there's 6 and all of them are here.
Steve is close but he still got a lot of flak, mainly from older people.
God
I'm not even a Zelda fan and reading stuff like this makes me feel genuinely sorry for them
Imagine knowing that you are 100% guaranteed to never properly get your main antagonist, despite zelda being one of nintendo's main pillars, becuase smash veterans have latched onto a ****ty meme pick
I don’t think many would actually care if Ganondorf became a real character. I think fighting game directors have that really weird fear about changing movesets when most players would be excited.

No one would get mad if Sonic got a better moveset either. Or if Iron Man actually fought like Iron Man in the MvC games; especially since Iron Man is almost always trash in those games.

I have a question. Why are people saying that Crash is the most likeliest, even over Monster Hunter? I know we cannot predict the probability of characters. But Monster Hunter's chances of being CP9 right now are quite interesting. Not saying it is a guarantee, we have always been fooled. But it is something to note.

I don't think Nintendo refuses to rework Ganondorf because of Smash fans, probably because they wanted to play it safe, and they just used the old characters' moves from the last games. Plus, it gives them more time, because there definitely was a time issue. If there wasn't a time issue, we would have gotten Steve, Piranha Plant, Hero, and Rex in base roster. Or maybe they felt their moves were satisfying already. I am not sure. Though, I do not think Nintendo kept the old moves of a lot of the characters, because of a few Melee fans.
I think it’s just because Crash is the most wanted character overall rn. I really want him too but it’s starting to feel like people are setting theirselves up for disappointment.

Yes, it makes sense to include him because of how iconic he is & his rivalry with Mario/Sonic. But he’s owned by Activision who is notoriously greedy/shady. AFAIK, Activision doesn’t do crossovers often either, both within their company & outside of it. I think it’s just Crash/Spyro.

I used to be on the side of thinking Crash was a lock. But the longer we go without him, the more I doubt it.

im surprised we havent seen a whiff on smash on that capcom ransomware leak. i know its capcom and not namco/nintendo but these are internal documents that were never meant to be seen by the general public. maybe a smash character from capcom would pop up as a sort of thing to plan stuff around internally.
Not a whole lot has actually been leaked yet. It also seems everything that’s been leaked is internal stuff. There’s been nothing regarding merchandise or cross-promotion marketing deals. It seems like stuff regarding additional companies is safe, atleast for now.
I'm hoping same day, or the day after, at most.

I'm betting on the same day.

They're already making us wait a week for the presentation after the reveal, and it would be nice to get him early before the holidays.

She's much better in Ultimate than in the other games.

I do wish they kept her Twilight Princess look though. I'm not a fan of how childlike she looks in Ultimate. They could've kept that as an alternative look like how they did for Bayo and Cloud.

Another reason for me to believe he'll be dropped after the presentation.

Agreed. I don't think Sephiroth will have great frame data or speed in general but at least he's got range (and a shirtless alt lol)
It’s a bit weird that we didn’t get TP/OOT costumes for Link too. Especially since he can actually wear those in BOTW if you have the Amiibos.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Ganondorf doesn't even need a complete overhaul, a single move and some animation changes would be more than enough.

Dead Man's Volley is just so iconic and one projectile wouldn't take away the rest of his physical moves. Warlock Punch is next to useless anyway.

Just change his run animation to a float and make his grab 'telekinetic' ala Mewtwo and bam, he's more warlocky without any actual moveset changes.
You've actually got a really nice idea here, but at the same time... muh shield break punishes! Muh Home Run Contest!

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord

Ganondorf's Run should be faster with him floating around for his run. It would immediately make Ganondorf the perfect compromise between one of my favorite Smash Characters, and his origins as the Zelda Villain he is.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You lost me calling Ganondorf's kit objectively terrible from a design standpoint. It's not competitively viable, nobody will argue that, but that's not the point. There's more to consider about designing a character than how they'll do at the top level of play; you're not going to make this kind of playstyle competitively viable in a platform fighter. It's not going to happen, but that's okay!
I disagree. All characters should be viable in all major forms of play. Though, even with a redesign I think in order to make Ganondorf better in 1v1s, the devs first have to figure out how to make heavies in general not garbage aside from Mr. "Haha Whirling Shell go brrrrrr".

In fairness, MVC3-Jill was still based off of her canon abilities and appearance in an actual Resident Evil game.
The issue with Jill (Mind Controlled) is that she is Jill (S.T.A.R.S.) in name only. Like:
Jill (S.T.A.R.S.) is:
  • Zoner
  • Fairly Simple
  • Lighthearted
  • User of Wacky Shenanigans
Jill (Mind Controlled) is:
  • Rushdown
  • High Excecution
  • All Buisness
  • Basically X-23 with Guns Instead of Claws
The only thing that isn't the exact opposite is their tier placement. I don't think any Super Smash Bros. characters need to be changed this much. Those that don't have movesets that represent them properly just need some different attacks to fix this. There are literally no characters here that don't get something right in this regard. For most, their skill floor doesn't need to be touched; only the ceiling (and that's just by virtue of giving them more options).

The characters who need a personality change are extremely few, and need it exclusively because they don't have any personality in the game. Honestly, I'd say that the only character in this camp is Mega Man, and maybe Sonic, though Sonic has been messed with so much I'm not sure anyone really knows what his personality should be. lol

His face should animate at least though.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It’s a bit weird that we didn’t get TP/OOT costumes for Link too. Especially since he can actually wear those in BOTW if you have the Amiibos.
BotW Link can wear them, but Sakurai might've not wanted those designs to have to use BotW Link's right-handed animations.
Or if Iron Man actually fought like Iron Man in the MvC games; especially since Iron Man is almost always trash in those games.
Keep the Proton Cannon at least.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
At this point, substantially reworking any Smash character who's been present for 3-4 games (i.e. more than just changing a move or two here or there) would be a huge risk, as everyone still playing the character at this point (and many people DO play Ganondorf) are doing it because they enjoy the character's current moveset. I don't think alienating the legions of current Smash Ganondorf fans in the name of making him more faithful to the games would be a very good game design decision from the Smash perspective.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Okay Twilight Princess Link is literally RIGHT THERE! Literally EVERYTHING IS DONE FOR HIM ALREADY! JUST MAKE A NEW RENDER, UPDATE SOME COLORS AND TEXTURES AND THAT IS LITERALLY IT! The fact that this character isn't in the game is my biggest nitpick with Ultimate.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You've actually got a really nice idea here, but at the same time... muh shield break punishes! Muh Home Run Contest!
Eh, Who needs Warlock Punch when Forward Smash go brrrrr!

Though I think one thing they could do is change the Neutral Special to the Dead Man's Volley or whatever's needed, and keep Warlock Punch as a held Neutral Special that you commit to like charged Failnaught.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
BotW Link can wear them, but Sakurai might've not wanted those designs to have to use BotW Link's right-handed animations.

Keep the Proton Cannon at least.
That honestly seems like a very Sakurai decision. He atleast could’ve said it was BOTW Link in those outfits lol

Also, I think Proto Cannon has been used in the comics since MvC started. So I’m down for keeping it.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
The issue with Jill (Mind Controlled) is that she is Jill (S.T.A.R.S.) in name only. Like:
Jill (S.T.A.R.S.) is:
  • Zoner
  • Fairly Simple
  • Lighthearted
  • User of Wacky Shenanigans
Jill (Mind Controlled) is:
  • Rushdown
  • High Excecution
  • All Buisness
  • Basically X-23 with Guns Instead of Claws
The only thing that isn't the exact opposite is their tier placement. I don't think any Super Smash Bros. characters need to be changed this much. Those that don't have movesets that represent them properly just need some different attacks to fix this. There are literally no characters here that don't get something right in this regard. For most, their skill floor doesn't need to be touched; only the ceiling (and that's just by virtue of giving them more options).

The characters who need a personality change are extremely few, and need it exclusively because they don't have any personality in the game. Honestly, I'd say that the only character in this camp is Mega Man, and maybe Sonic, though Sonic has been messed with so much I'm not sure anyone really knows what his personality should be. lol

His face should animate at least though.
Again, even if you dislike MVC3-Jill for being different from her MVC2 version, it's still an accurate representation of the character, or at least a specific version of her, from Resident Evil 5.

Ganondorf, as he currently is in Smash, is not an accurate representation of his character from any of the Zelda games other than his physical appearance from Ocarina of Time. I'm not saying you need to completely re-haul his moveset (though I certainly wouldn't be opposed to that), just change him enough so he's more accurate to his character in the Zelda series.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't think filthy casuals could handle our good old 'King of the cheap moves' lmao. That being said a surprising amount of people, myself included, thought Vergil was the one who slashed Galeem for a bit.
Imagine getting Vergil before Dante. I'd be very confused, but also very happy lol

He should have his coatless design as an alt

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
You probably could still DMV -> Hard read aerial or DMV -> Hard read Dash Attack / Wizard's Foot, possibly to reflect the DMV when the opponent doesn't expect it -> Shield Break (depending on how strong DMV would be - I'd assume it would considering it can stun in OoT and other Zelda games). That's when you go for the Disrespect Volcano Kick (Up Tilt) or DORIYAH.

I disagree. All characters should be viable in all major forms of play. Though, even with a redesign I think in order to make Ganondorf better in 1v1s, the devs first have to figure out how to make heavies in general not garbage aside from Mr. "Haha Whirling Shell go brrrrrr".
TBF, I like how Bowser plays in Ultimate (with Whirling Fortress being the only real sore point). He really benefits not just from Tough Guy applying to his Tilts / Smashes, but also that his aerials have quite a bit of utilty to them.

If there's one thing to give heavies... maybe something like slightly stronger DI so they're not just vurnerable to getting comboed across the entire stage for 50-60 % right off the bat? Several of them already have armor in some shape or form, so I'm not entirely sure on that idea, but the weight does not help at low % (while it helps at high %... well, they can get there too quickly).

Edit: Slightly stronger DI might help heavies in casual settings too FTR, so they're not instantly comboed right into a Bob-omb or Pokemon attack.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Again, even if you dislike MVC3-Jill for being different from her MVC2 version, it's still an accurate representation of the character, or at least a specific version of her, from Resident Evil 5.

Ganondorf, as he currently is in Smash, is not an accurate representation of his character from any of the Zelda games other than his physical appearance from Ocarina of Time. I'm not saying you need to completely re-haul his moveset (though I certainly wouldn't be opposed to that), just change him enough so he's more accurate to his character in the Zelda series.
It is a tough challenge to change fighting game characters, and some compromises need to be made before we can get a perfect iteration of a certain character. Ganondorf should have some hovering in his kit. But he should keep his Smash Staples. We have to keep the best elements of both, so we can make the Best version of Ganondorf in Smash, theoretically of course.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey

This is kinda where I'm at. I'm torn between Zelda being my favorite game series and Ganondorf being one of my favorite characters to play as. Ganon's gotten incremental changes from game to game and where he is in Ultimate is getting pretty distinct. Sure he shares a lot with Falcon but I wouldn't say they play alike at all. Ganon's a punish character while falcon's more rushdown. I think one more game of incremental tweaks will firmly put him alongside Luigi, Lucas, and Wolf category of pseudo clone. Still technically derivative but essentially his own character.

I'm on team ditch Warlock punch since it occupies a similar niche to up tilt and f smash. Like you said, replace the punch with dead man's volley and work the more magic-y stuff into his run and grabs and he'd pretty much be perfect in my eyes. Maybe aerial wizard foot can be the ground slam from OoT. That would also be a roundabout way of keeping warlock punch. Maybe Peach float but I'm worried that might make him too good lol

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I have a question. Why are people saying that Crash is the most likeliest, even over Monster Hunter? I know we cannot predict the probability of characters. But Monster Hunter's chances of being CP9 right now are quite interesting. Not saying it is a guarantee, we have always been fooled. But it is something to note
Crash Bandicoot in my opinion just makes too much sense for a game like Smash for Nintendo and Activision to pass up on, He's giving me the same gut feeling I had with Banjo-Kazooie.

There's a ton of reasons many want to see him in Smash.

- Sony's former de facto mascot for their Playstation brand.

- Rivalry to Mario is only 2nd to Sonic the Hedgehog, A dream fight that is 25 years in the making that many who grew up during the late 90's have had always wanted to see happen.

- The biggest platforming mascot/icon after Mario, Donkey Kong and Sonic the Hedgehog.

- One of the few western characters that also happens to be popular and well received in Japan.

- Sony is unlikely to play ball regarding Smash so Crash Bandicoot is as close as were gonna get.

- While Smash breaks the mold of what can "Fit" into the game, Crash definitely looks the part alongside fellow platforming mascots Mario, Donkey Kong, Sonic and Banjo-Kazooie.

- Super Smash Bros being a platform fighter just makes sense to have some the biggest icons of the platform genre going toe to toe.

- While his moveset is pretty straightforward, It can very easily be translated into Smash.

- The franchise's revival (N.Sane Trilogy) was announced in 2016 and released in 2017 on PS4 and Switch/Xbox in 2018, CTR: Nitro Fueled also came out in 2019, Probably the perfect window opening of opportunity considering Smash came out in Holiday 2018 with ongoing DLC until Holiday 2021.

- "Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time" released on both Playstation and Xbox in October with a Switch port very likely in the works for next year considering the other 2 games were also ported.

- While anniversary's don't mean much regarding Smash, 2021 will be Crash Bandicoot's 25th anniversary and it seems like the perfect opportunity along with the previously mention port to have that be a Smash tie in.

- While I don't follow rumors too closely there has always been a lot of "Smoke" regarding Crash in Smash that I feel something is coming.

Crash Bandicoot just really has a lot going for him that it just makes him seem like a "Safe' pick or as close as you can get to that saying.

He probably has the least amount of things going against him, But probably his biggest obstacle would have to be being a western character, But that doesn't seem to be that much if an issue as we thought it would be.

I know nothing is a "Lock" or guarantee, But if I were told to go "All in" in a huge bet or if someone had a gun pointed to my head on "Who is the most likeliest to make it into Smash?" with only 3 roster spots to go with then my money is on Crash "Freaking" Bandicoot.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Vergil being relegated to special editions is mostly a meme that was thankfully broken just yesterday.

Now, Smash is called Special in japan and if use that old mindset that this is just "a port", the this is Super Smash Bros Ultimate/Special edition.

You know what that means? A storm is approaching...

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Crash Bandicoot in my opinion just makes too much sense for a game like Smash for Nintendo and Activision to pass up on, He's giving me the same gut feeling I had with Banjo-Kazooie.

There's a ton of reasons many want to see him in Smash.

- Sony's former de facto mascot for their Playstation brand.

- Rivalry to Mario is only 2nd to Sonic the Hedgehog, A dream fight that is 25 years in the making that many who grew up during the late 90's have had always wanted to see happen.

- The biggest platforming mascot/icon after Mario, Donkey Kong and Sonic the Hedgehog.

- One of the few western characters that also happens to be popular and well received in Japan.

- Sony is unlikely to play ball regarding Smash so Crash Bandicoot is as close as were gonna get.

- While Smash breaks the mold of what can "Fit" into the game, Crash definitely looks the part alongside fellow platforming mascots Mario, Donkey Kong, Sonic and Banjo-Kazooie.

- Super Smash Bros being a platform fighter just makes sense to have some the biggest icons of the platform genre going toe to toe.

- While his moveset is pretty straightforward, It can very easily be translated into Smash.

- The franchise's revival (N.Sane Trilogy) was announced in 2016 and released in 2017 on PS4 and Switch/Xbox in 2018, CTR: Nitro Fueled also came out in 2019, Probably the perfect window opening of opportunity considering Smash came out in Holiday 2018 with ongoing DLC until Holiday 2021.

- "Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time" released on both Playstation and Xbox in October with a Switch port very likely in the works for next year considering the other 2 games were also ported.

- While anniversary's don't mean much regarding Smash, 2021 will be Crash Bandicoot's 25th anniversary and it seems like the perfect opportunity along with the previously mention port to have that be a Smash tie in.

- While I don't follow rumors too closely there has always been a lot of "Smoke" regarding Crash in Smash that I feel something is coming.

Crash Bandicoot just really has a lot going for him that it just makes him seem like a "Safe' pick or as close as you can get to that saying.

He probably has the least amount of things going against him, But probably his biggest obstacle would have to be being a western character, But that doesn't seem to be that much if an issue as we thought it would be.

I know nothing is a "Lock" or guarantee, But if I were told to go "All in" in a huge bet or if someone had a gun pointed to my head on "Who is the most likeliest to make it into Smash?" with only 3 roster spots to go with then my money is on Crash "Freaking" Bandicoot.
The only barrier preventing Crash might be Activision as stated they're very greedy and shady.
Crash honestly entirely depends on if negotiations have been in the making for more than a year at this point. Mostly because Steve was in negotiations for five years, and during that five year process Banjo was probably negotiated for as well as they were still finalizing details on Steve. That's just how I feel with any Western Characters at the moment.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
it's a crime how comic sans can't be chosen from the font list, so you gotta do it manually.

SAME WITH PAPYRUS.
hey cool Papyrus shows up on my phone, I didn’t expect it to since comic sans doesn’t (so my phone changes it to Times New Roman or something), and Papyrus only does on my computer because I downloaded it.

zriL

Smash Journeyman
The only barrier preventing Crash might be Activision as stated they're very greedy and shady.
I agree with this. I've always thought it was very weird that Crash was not in Playstation Allstars Battle Royal, he was litteraly the most legitimate character.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
That is my concern as well, But Nintendo has worked with some companies with similar backgrounds in Konami and Square Enix though being Japanese likely makes it easier.

But the way I see it, Activision actively supports the Switch decently and hey they've worked with Nintendo before regarding crossovers in the past via Skylanders.

So who knows?

DnWNYa6VsAA5mio.jpg

DnWNZcpU8AAit9x.jpg

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I agree. That wasn't really my argument here. This is something I thought to say, but it never actually got typed. I think Jill (Mind Controlled) is fine as a character, but she's not the version of Jill that should be in a crossover title by herself because it's not Jill in her natural state. The fact that she's the opposite of Jill (S.T.A.R.S.) just makes things worse. I think if we were to add Jill (Mind Controlled) again, it should be alongside Jill (S.T.A.R.S.), not instead of her.

TBF, I like how Bowser plays in Ultimate (with Whirling Fortress being the only real sore point). He really benefits not just from Tough Guy applying to his Tilts / Smashes, but also that his aerials also have quite a bit of utilty to them.

If there's one thing to give heavies... maybe something like slightly stronger DI so they're not just vurnerable to getting comboed across the entire stage for 50-60 % right off the bat? Several of them already have armor in some shape or form, so I'm not entirely sure on that idea, but the weight does not help at low % (while it helps at high %... well, they can get there too quickly).
I think a lot of the newer heavies are getting there. Incineroar is often cited as being really good...if he were to get a movement speed increase. He definitely shouldn't be made into a fast character, that would be a nightmare, but he definitely needs just a little bit more so he can chase down other characters with his burst options better.

King K. Rool probably just needs Krownerang to be better. It does a decent job of controlling space, but he doesn't really get much out of it with all the lag. Also it's really dumb that others can pick it up quickly and do nasty item combos while King K. Rool gets stuck in an animation and only gains access to his Side Special again.

King Dedede...just redo him. All of his moves are either terrible, or what they do well is ganked by his other attributes. He's a grappler that can't grapple, a zoner that is unsafe on...everything, and a setup character that has trouble getting into position. None of his kit actually works.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Ganondorf patch notes:
  • Run animation has changed to floating across the ground, run speed increased slightly.
  • Grab animation is now similar to Mewtwo, range increased slightly.
  • Up special and dodges now have the animation of entering and exiting a dark portal, recovery and dodge range slightly increased.
  • Neutral special changed to Dead Man's volley, hold B to charge a ball of energy and let go to release it. The energy ball stuns enemies but can be reflected back by any attack. If you charge all the way, the energy is absorbed back into the fist and Warlock Punch is performed instead.
  • Jab now reflects projectiles.
  • Nair is now a sword spin.

If only... Modders get on this.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I agree with this. I've always thought it was very weird that Crash was not in Playstation Allstars Battle Royal, he was litteraly the most legitimate character.
One thing people forget during that time was that Crash Bandicoot was dead on the water, he wasn't getting games and i'm pretty sure his revival wasn't even intended when PSASBR was even considered. Activision being greedy asked a lot of money but they sure as hell wouldn't really commit to making Crash come back.

So is it really worth it to shell that much cash for a character that was getting no games? From a point of a view of a noobie team tasked with making Playstation Smash bros, yeah that's a lot of cash for little return.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Also, if Crash is getting in, Activision is going to screw with the process, which would probably force Coco onto the Roster as well. Wether that's a good thing or not depends on how you view Echo Fighters. Now, to see her differences!

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Vergil being relegated to special editions is mostly a meme that was thankfully broken just yesterday.

Now, Smash is called Special in japan and if use that old mindset that this is just "a port", the this is Super Smash Bros Ultimate/Special edition.

You know what that means? A storm is approaching...
Smashboards during the Dante Presentation when his music list has no Vergil-centric soundtracks and a FP3 is announced.
conspiracyboard.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom