• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
****ing gross. I was trying to mentally prepare myself for an awful choice, but this was still a deeply unpleasant surprise.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
to be honest i'm kinda disappointed we're doubling up on not only a franchise but a specific game. even if it is FF7.

ah well. halfway through the pass and i still have no interest in buying it.

D

Deleted member

Looks like Cloud's Final Smash is getting an upgrade too (it was pretty similar to Ike's). Either that or it's a Final Smash only available while he's got his Limit Gauge full. Either way, looks cool. Also, that tease at the end makes it look like Safer (Savior?) Sephiroth is either Sephiroth's final smash or possible a boss (if a boss rush mode was to be added)

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
...if any series deserved a second character, I think Final Fantasy made the best case for one. Dunno how I feel about double dipping on 7, though. And... there is absolutely no way Sephiroth doesn't completely destroy the balance. I am whelmed. But speculation is changing in interesting ways.

I'm excited to see the sorry state of FF representation get fixed... by Sephiroth. Bare minimum is the cast of 7 as Spirits. Cloud not having even that was embarassing, though in hindsight if Volume 2 was planned further back than we thought than the One Winged Angel bringing that content might be what we need.

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice
if there was a time to reveal doom. it would have been this.

its over

doomguy just frickin died for sephiroth

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Man, on the one half that's a really cool character, on the other hand we have two FF7 reps? We couldn't get Terra or Yuna or something? :/
I starting to get bored of FF7, but still is good to se another FF rep

D

Deleted member

Alright no lie Sephiroth being revealed was pretty hype. They certainly gave it away that someone from SE would be in Smash when Heroes were shown thoe. As soon as they appeared, it had to have been someone from them.

I'm for it. This means FF7 will actually get content and will no longer be memed for having 2 songs now.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Final Fantasy's music section is labeled as Final Fantasy VII rather than Final Fantasy series, and I think that the Smash devs are only allowed to include Final Fantasy content from FFVII.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
OK first impressions:

• WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?
  • Good gravy that range!
  • Uuuuuuuug they couldn't/didn't want to get the Jappanese Voice Actor for him either.
  • Kinda disappointed its more Final Fantasy VI and not any other Final Fantasy.
  • CLOUD HAS A NEW FINAL SMASH?!?

Overall I...I don't know how I feel about this. I'm not even conflicted just...I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom