• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
No offense, but literally who here is doing this? This seems unprompted and does nothing but pit people against one another. I’ve checked the past 3 pages and seen nothing of the sort.

The only thing I saw Dante related was a cool in depth look at a Dante moveset that Idon posted. There’s no need to just start this unprompted.
Oh, I was honestly referring to elsewhere.

The reason why I posted here was because I would think that other people would share the same sentiment, and I used Dante as an example since he's the fighter which I've seen a lot of people clamoring about with little to no rebuttals.

Really, this is the place where I've seen the most rational and welcoming support for my own most wanted characters, along with some respectful arguments as well.
I know people actually do talk down SmashBoards from time to time, but the lot of y'all I've seen are good people with passionate thoughts and feelings like me.

Perhaps in this case, my original comment was a little intrusive to the current conversations but it was hard to keep bottled in because of how frustrating things can be sometimes.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"Good afternoon Dante Son of Sparda, I am Masahiro Sakurai and I'd like to request your appearance in Super Smash Bros for the presentation tomorrow..."
1601496202101.png

"... as a mii costume along with the Monster Hunter..."
1601496291658.png

"...but in the future you may even get to be in a spirit even-"
1601496354656.png

Last edited:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I'm not saying it's Saber, because Sakurai would need a lot longer than 3 & 1/2 minutes to explain Fate. just imagine if he did though

This is really off-topic, but I was looking at your signature and noticed that you have Shulk twice in the 2014 section; you put the second one next to Lucina when it should be Robin. Just thought I'd point that out. ^^'
Thanks for the heads up.

blackghost

Smash Champion
Well if you're getting into DMC3, let me tell you that there is no easy mode...
until you get your ass kicked three times.
dmvc3 old school game. get better kid.

i think it will be crash. but i dont think crash will be interesting to play.
i think we will get dante down the line but not yet.

if this DLC is a nintnedo first party that will tell us a lot about this group.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
So what's the current popular pick you're all hoping for
I have a hunch that it's gonna be Crash, especially since Crash 4 comes out either tomorrow or Friday. The one I'm hoping for is Dante or Chief but I want to manage expectations. I have no problems if it's Crash, though. He would be an awesome addition.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I have a hunch that it's gonna be Crash, especially since Crash 4 comes out either tomorrow or Friday. The one I'm hoping for is Dante or Chief but I want to manage expectations. I have no problems if it's Crash, though. He would be an awesome addition.
I'd be quite happy with Crash- both personally, and also because I think he is a character that is very welcome to have that classic nostalgia. Not to mention, then I could pretend that the longer trailer will include some new Assist Trophies, including Spyro.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Someone on Gfaqs found that when you search up "Dante Smash Bros Trailer" on You Tube, the 4th result is the Smash reveal tomorrow. I tried this with other characters and the Smash reveal didn't show up as a result.

I really doubt this means anything but its a cool little thing to think about.
This method works on my phone, but not on desktop.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
While we all excited for the next smash character I’m going to throw in my most wanted. That’s right.

You already know.

7D8ACBAA-C316-4B0B-8B01-BBCB07D72569.jpeg

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
I wouldn't look much into Crash 4's release date, Nintendo doesn't even line up reveals for anniversary's, I doubt they would line up a reveal for a game that aint coming out for Switch on Friday.

SKX31

Smash Master
I mean... People were expecting Byleth to be Dante, right?

Close enough :yeahboi:
So this time around we'll expect Byleth 2...

And get Vergil.

Eh, I'm motivated enough to take "The King of Cheap Moves" (according to his brother in PXZ2) as a win. :p

Also, a bit late on this, but still:

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
While we all excited for the next smash character I’m going to throw in my most wanted. That’s right.

You already know.

nsg.PNG

Gotta admit, you make some good points.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would be pretty excited to see Ryu Hayabusa if it's him tomorrow.

Definitely earns his spot in the roster being the last NES icons and one of gaming most recognizable ninjas. What other reason would you not want him?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So.... my most wanted characters from different companies:

Capcom: Resident Evil
Konami: Frogger
Square: Sora (Lara Croft cuts it close)
Blizzard/Activision: Crash
Microsoft: Steve
Ubisoft: Rayman
Bandai Namco: Agumon

Nintendo:
There isnt an individual top. A new series (especially Golden Sun, Chibi Robo, Balloon Fighter, Excite Bike, Rhythm Heaven, Panel de Pon).
But if it is a series that already exists- Captain Toad or Dixie Kong

Other hype picks for me that would have mass, outside of Smash fanbase appeal:
Angry Birds, Qbert, WoW, LoL, Jonesy

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Konami: Lara Croft (but damn this is hard.... I love Frogger, Lara, and Bomberman all)
Square: Sora

Nintendo:
There isnt an individual top. A new series (especially Golden Sun, Chibi Robo, Balloon Fighter, Excite Bike, Rhythm Heaven, Panel de Pon).

Isn't Lara Croft from Square Enix?

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

Konami: Lara Croft (but damn this is hard.... I love Frogger, Lara, and Bomberman all)
Square: Sora

Nintendo:

Laura is a Square/Eidos character.

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
Continuing trying to not overhype------
who is the 'worst' pick you could see for tomorrow? What would disappoint you/the fandom the most?

I don't think anything could disappoint as much as Byleth.

I think there are some characters that would garner a sizable negative reaction.

I think it's easy to surmise that there will be disappointment with a Pokemon rep, Geno, Steve, Zelda BotW, Yokai Watch ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom