• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The Youtube thing is probably just the algorithm showing the upcoming Smash trailer when people search the words "Smash trailer". As for why it shows up for some people and not others, and for some characters and not others, that's still probably Youtube's algorithm prioritizing the videos you're most likely to click on. Nothing to it.

SKX31

Smash Master
Oh **** my MW would make some people upset he's 100% in!!! :4wario2:
OTOH, Certain parts of the Smash fandom would react like this, no matter who FP7 is:

Don't worry, this is why he gets Zenkai boosts.
So, by implication Goku will asced to Super Sayian Ultra God Instinct Super Sayian (the the power of 5), beat up Galeem and Dharkon and become Smash 6's anatagonist. :4pacman:

Edit; Swing and a miss. Oh well, sometimes that happens.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
aight out of pure curiosity i searched up dante smash trailer like all the cool kids are doin' and actually, it didn't show up for me

sadly it didn't show up when i searched up "dunkaccino smash trailer" either
emoji.png

Last edited:

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice
aight out of pure curiosity i searched up dante smash trailer like all the cool kids are doin' and actually, it didn't show up for me

sadly it didn't show up when i searched up "dunkaccino smash trailer" either View attachment 287568
yeah I think it may be in the tags. But even so I don't think it proves much.

my conspiracy theory is they're just using most wanted characters and putting it in the tags. it'd make sense from a business perspective. Then again some are notably missing in that case so if this does pan out.
It's heavy or dante.
But I don't think it will, I think this is just smash fans doing what we do best.

reaching further than marth's grab.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
GameXplain just uploaded a prediction video and from what I remember they’ve always at least mentioned the real character every time they’ve had these discussions. They did it with Byleth, Min Min, Isabelle, and more I think

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
GameXplain just uploaded a prediction video and from what I remember they’ve always at least mentioned the real character every time they’ve had these discussions. They did it with Byleth, Min Min, Isabelle, and more I think
Which names did they mention this time?

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Theory: Sakurai is going to briefly explain that the newcomer comes from a game that wasn't available in the US...
UNTIL NOW because Smash Bros. X Monster Strike is happening and the original game is going to be available once again on the US app store right after the reveal trailer!

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice
Theory: Sakurai is going to briefly explain that the newcomer comes from a game that wasn't available in the US...
UNTIL NOW because Smash Bros. X Monster Strike is happening and the original game is going to be available once again on the US app store right after the reveal trailer!
ok but imagine

SKX31

Smash Master
That means we're getting 2 Geno's, this thread won't be able to handle it. :4pacman:
Double Geno banned in tournaments since Geno Whirl can break the damage cap (if one lands the tiny sweetspot according to Wunderwaft) and do 1000 % damage. Which isn't much of a problem in doubles since more setups for that exists. :4pacman:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I didn't listen to the video but by scrolling it and checking the images I saw Mélia, paper Mario, Geno, Travis, Monster hunter, Dixie kong, Geno, Crash, Leon and Jill, Impa and Phoenx Wright.
They also mentioned BOTW Champions (Mipha, Revali, Daruk and Urbosa) and Arthur (Ghost and Goblins). I think that they just mention some speculated characters. Curious that no mention of Dante from Devil May Cry.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
All I'm hoping for tomorrow is a character very few people see coming. I could really use a shocker rinnow.
If they are a justified pick, sure----- but a surprise for surprises sake is too precious to give up at this stage in my eyes. We have this character for more than a few days for the shock value.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
if its a pokemon i imagine a lot of people will be upset

i know for a fact a ton of people didnt buy fighters pass 2 cause it went from byleth to min min
if its a pokemon (which a lot of people are dreading) itll probs be a nail in the coffin for a lot of people. Afterall we wont get another char till next year and if its 3 chars most people dont want in a row then i imagine that would be really bad for sales and people outside the competitive scene (who have to buy everyone anyways)

so heres hoping for someone exciting to most people and not another char most people will dislike

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
if its a pokemon i imagine a lot of people will be upset

i know for a fact a ton of people didnt buy fighters pass 2 cause it went from byleth to min min
if its a pokemon (which a lot of people are dreading) itll probs be a nail in the coffin for a lot of people. Afterall we wont get another char till next year and if its 3 chars most people dont want in a row then i imagine that would be really bad for sales and people outside the competitive scene (who have to buy everyone anyways)

so heres hoping for someone exciting to most people and not another char most people will dislike
While people in the speculation community would be upset, I'm not sure about the silent majority considering they would at least be more familiar with a Pokemon than Byleth or Min Min.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Double Geno banned in tournaments since Geno Whirl can break the damage cap (if one lands the tiny sweetspot according to Wunderwaft) and do 1000 % damage. Which isn't much of a problem in doubles since more setups for that exists. :4pacman:
Mind telling me something? Which would you say is more toxic: double Sonics, double Belmonts, double Ness, double Clouds, double Genos or Ice Climbers? :4pacman:

SKX31

Smash Master
Mind telling me something? Which would you say is more toxic: double Sonics, double Belmonts, double Ness, double Clouds, double Genos or Ice Climbers? :4pacman:
Before the jank was patched or after?

If the former, I'm gonna say K Rool / Ridley:

(I believe it was 8.0 where they changed Skewer so it doesn't cause the tumble after a grab. Does mean Ridley's own Down Throw -> Hard Read Skewer's no longer a thing, but still it stopped the rampant griefing.)

At least with Double Geno you'd get to the damage cap instantly. With that in mind, after the Jank... I'm going to say Double Ness. And there's an infinite Nintendo hasn't patched:

Friendly reminder to go into this thing tomorrow with NO expectations. Don't think your favourite is getting in just cause you believe it so, remain calm and hype responsibly.
This should be emphasized, especially since CP7 could pretty much be any character.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I didn't listen to the video but by scrolling it and checking the images I saw Mélia, paper Mario, Geno, Travis, Monster hunter, Dixie kong, Geno, Crash, Leon and Jill, Impa and Phoenx Wright.
They also mentioned BOTW Champions (Mipha, Revali, Daruk and Urbosa) and Arthur (Ghost and Goblins). I think that they just mention some speculated characters. Curious that no mention of Dante from Devil May Cry.
Honestly if these are the contenders we're looking at, then chances are I'm gonna be very happy tomorrow.

I wonder why they mention Leon and Jill though. It's pretty clear that RE isn't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom