• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Friendly reminder to go into this thing tomorrow with NO expectations. Don't think your favourite is getting in just cause you believe it so, remain calm and hype responsibly.
Lord knows there are people in the Geno thread who need this reminder...

Speaking of which, I know I asked earlier, but did something happen to improve his chances? It feels like more people are betting on him being revealed than usual.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430

Speaking of which, I know I asked earlier, but did something happen to improve his chances? It feels like more people are betting on him being revealed than usual.
not really, its just the usual pre reveal geno hype from his fans that happens every reveal

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Honestly if these are the contenders we're looking at, then chances are I'm gonna be very happy tomorrow.

I wonder why they mention Leon and Jill though. It's pretty clear that RE isn't happening.
RE theory. Even if they're spirits, we're gonna get a Resident Evil character because just like zombies Jill and Leon managed to come back to life.

I'm 100% confident with this.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Probably riding off the hype. That, and I've seen some people outside his thread place their bets on him as the fan-favorite of FP2, since previous E3s had delivered one of those.

If CP7 comes and goes without Geno or Urshifu, I bet predictions for them will drop. After that, the 35th anniversary will be over and Isle of Armor will be outdated. Perhaps support for SwSh will die down in general the longer we go without them.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I wonder why they mention Leon and Jill though. It's pretty clear that RE isn't happening.
Well everyone keeps talking about a Gen 8 Pokemon even though that shouldn't be happening either by those rules, so I'll overlook it. (And I'd much rather RE than a Pokemon anyways).

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well everyone keeps talking about Gen 8 Pokemon even though that shouldn't be happening either by those rules, so I'll overlook it. (And I'd much rather RE than a Pokemon too).
Cries in Silent Hill despite me knowing damn well it’s even LESS for good boys and girls than RE is

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

While the Crash thread on this site is pretty tame so far, I have seen a bunch of Crash fans on discord and reddit today get a bit took cocky about Crash's chances.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
i think people talk more so about pokemon out of dread than hope
That’s because it would likely be one of the starters and none of the starters stand out that much. Hell, we didn’t even get the Starter that stood out the most from SuMo. We got Inceneroar. And as much as I love him, he was not near as interesting as Decidueye.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That’s because it would likely be one of the starters and none of the starters stand out that much. Hell, we didn’t even get the Starter that stood out the most from SuMo. We got Inceneroar. And as much as I love him, he was not near as interesting as Decidueye.
If we were to get a pokemon that's a generic wrestler, I really wished it was Machamp lol. On top of the wrestling, he also does Jojo Punch Rushes.
machamp ora ora.gif

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Cries in Silent Hill despite me knowing damn well it’s even LESS for good boys and girls than RE is
Don't know much about Silent Hill on account of avoiding Survival/Horror game like the... Hurricane, but if Pyramid Head got into Smash I'd be like two nightmare in one.

One because he comes from the Silent Hill game, and Two he'd be a heavyweight character.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Don't know much about Silent Hill on account of avoiding Survival/Horror game like the... Hurricane, but if Pyramid Head got into Smash I'd be like two nightmare in one.

One because he comes from the Silent Hill game, and Two he'd be a heavyweight character.
What would be amazing about Pyramid Head is that he would have gotten around the expectation that Smash characters are typically from games featured on a Nintendo console in the hilarious way.

"Wait a minute Silent Hill 2 was never on a Nintendo system, how did he get in?"

"Oh he's not in because of Silent Hill, he's here to represent Bomberman R."

"...What?"

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
GameXplain just uploaded a prediction video and from what I remember they’ve always at least mentioned the real character every time they’ve had these discussions. They did it with Byleth, Min Min, Isabelle, and more I think
I'm-a just going to embed it here for convenience.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
Smash trailer starts and the music kicks in.....
It’s the battle theme from SMT Nocturne
OH **** LETS GO
I was imagining the main theme slowly building up (title 1, not 2), then playing the battle theme during gameplay. Then when it says "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Shin Megami Tensei" the classic bong from the opening of SMT 1 would play.

Either way, I'd be unbelievably happy with an smt rep, and I feel like this is their best chance.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I posted this in another thread but it's relevant here too...

You guys are familiar with the Rorschach test, correct?

Well, take a close look at the Smash logo and tell me what do you see...

After some time looking at the logo, you want to know what I see?

Call me crazy...but it looks almost like 2B's hair and shoulder puff(thing?) in the Smash logo. But of course it could literally just be the power of imagination or it could even be another character entirely

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master

Call me crazy...but it looks almost like 2B's hair and shoulder puff(thing?) in the Smash logo. But of course it could literally just be the power of imagination or it could even be another character entirely
2B or not 2B, that is the question.

Pretty sure it's flames.

Shroob

Sup?

I mean, I kinda see what you see, but it'd depend on what her render would look like too.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Lol I can see it too, but no way would they put the character on there, that'd be begging for people to figure it out.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Oh damn I see it too. That’s cool actually.

I know it means nothing but it’s fun so it could also be Hayabusa’s helmet.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Could it be only be 3 Minutes because perhaps the game the character is Rated M. If Nintendo really don't want their presentations to be rated M, and since it seems the ESRB has had changes to the system since Joker was released (the last Rated M Character), they might not do a Full Sakurai showcase, and just show the Trailer, which would only have Smash x (Insert Rated M Character here)

Perhaps the message is explaining the ESRB is causing issues

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord

I kinda see bunny ears. Let's go Cinderace!

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
Sora is the only character I really want in Smash atm, though considering Square and Disney's double copyright hell, I won't be surprised if he isn't confirmed. Any other character is okay by me too, so long as they're fun and/or unique to play as. That's the most important part, I believe, and a reason why I personally want Sora in the game (he's from an Action RPG that has a lot of flashy combos and moves and what have you that I think could work well in the game), beyond simple childhood nostalgic desires.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
if its a pokemon i imagine a lot of people will be upset

i know for a fact a ton of people didnt buy fighters pass 2 cause it went from byleth to min min
if its a pokemon (which a lot of people are dreading) itll probs be a nail in the coffin for a lot of people. Afterall we wont get another char till next year and if its 3 chars most people dont want in a row then i imagine that would be really bad for sales and people outside the competitive scene (who have to buy everyone anyways)

so heres hoping for someone exciting to most people and not another char most people will dislike
Pokemon is a massive cash cow. You're kidding if you think a Pokemon fighter passwon't sell just because of a handful disgruntled Smash fans who think it's overrepresented.

Not that I think the next fighter is going to be a Pokemon.

SKX31

Smash Master

And to get back to this - it kinda looks like something, although it is very likely just flames on a background. It should be noted that FP2 has used a similar - if not the exact same - background:

Shroob

Sup?
Could it be only be 3 Minutes because perhaps the game the character is Rated M. If Nintendo really don't want their presentations to be rated M, and since it seems the ESRB has had changes to the system since Joker was released (the last Rated M Character), they might not do a Full Sakurai showcase, and just show the Trailer, which would only have Smash x (Insert Rated M Character here)

Perhaps the message is explaining the ESRB is causing issues
No

They'd still explain the stage and all the Mii costumes, and there's no way they can fit this supposed trailer, all the Mii costumes, and the stage in 3 minutes.

Hell, the trailer will probably take over a minute on its own.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

There's the sudden re-release of the Cloud amiibos; I can't recall if that happened before Hero's announcement/release, though it could just be due to the fact that Hero's amiibo is coming out, so they might as well re-release the other Square-Enix amiibo while they're at it. (the Mario and Luigi Smash amiibos are also getting re-released, though that could easily be chalked up to the anniversary)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom