• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Last time we got three question marks for a random out of nowhere reveal, we got Byleth. While I was okay with the inclusion, I know it was not very exciting to many. I'm personally going to try my best at setting my hype level to 0 to like whatever I see. I think characters with less overall mainstream popularity might be the best bet right now again. We are in the halfway point of Ultimate's DLC.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
In which case, you've got false equivalency. Adding a character in time for an event that's related to both it and Super Smash Bros. is nowhere near the same as adding a character in time for a game that's not even coming out on the Switch.
You're missing the point. Saying that a character isn't coming to Smash merely because "Well, if they were going to be included it would've happened by now!" is ****ing stupid.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You're missing the point. Saying that a character isn't coming to Smash merely because "Well, if they were going to be included it would've happened by now!" is ****ing stupid.
Not really. If Nintendo were to add a Super Mario character, now would be the perfect time, and I don't think they would pass up that opportunity if they wanted to add a Super Mario character. My guess is we're either getting one now or not at all.

D

Deleted member

Would Geno count as a first or third party? I didn't see the answer last time I asked this, I apologize.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The fact this is in its own thing makes me doubt Rex. If it was Rex, given his popularity they may show him in a Direct Mini

this kind of setup with little fanfare makes me think either KOS-MOS or Elma if it is a Monolith character

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think Rex & Pyra/Mythra are going to be the reveal tomorrow. Final Answer.

We'll see if I'm right in the morning.

Oh, one last thing though: If the reveal trailer really is long due to there being something special about the character's appearance, Rex & Pyra/Mythra could fit that bill with Rex & Pyra being the initial reveal, and Mythra coming later on in the trailer.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My final predictions:
If it’s a Monolith character: Elma
If first party but not Monolith: Octoling
If third party: ...You were expecting me to say Neku but it’s actually A LEAGUE OF LEGENDS CHAMPION!

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
The fact this is in its own thing makes me doubt Rex. If it was Rex, given his popularity they may show him in a Direct Mini

this kind of setup with little fanfare makes me think either KOS-MOS or Elma if it is a Monolith character
I think at this point they know anything to do with Smash, even if it's not in a Direct will be absurdly popular. Byleth's announcement and video has the second most amount of views for a Sakurai Presents below Joker, and Byleth was not in a Direct.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’m curious on the new fighter tomorrow, but I won’t predict since I can see a ton of possible choices (pretty much anyone who’s not a minor character not named Geno or an AT not named Waluigi).

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Not really. If Nintendo were to add a Super Mario character, now would be the perfect time, and I don't think they would pass up that opportunity if they wanted to add a Super Mario character. My guess is we're either getting one now or not at all.
Sure, now would be the perfect time, but Nintendo rarely if ever coincides Smash reveals with events like this, or any anniversaries for that matter. If Geno, Waluigi, Wart or any other Mario character doesn't get announced as CP7, it doesn't mean that we won't get a Mario character at all for Vol. 2, and it's fallacious to assume that it's either now or never.

When people used to say that Banjo would never happen, one of the reasons given was that since Banjo wasn't base game, he's most likely not happening at all. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I feel like due to the current situation their release plans changed in many ways (delays, maybe even order of getting revealed)

This makes it hard to use any coinciding/preceding events as indicators for character chances imo

Thus

Let's goooo Lloooooooyd

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Honestly, even I have no damn clue who to expect from the DLC newcomers at this point in time.

There are currently no clear-cut candidates (third-party or first-party) in my eyes, and I'm mostly just along for the ride. Whoever it is, even if it isn't a character I really want, which is likely, I'll probably still be pretty satisfied with them or at worst entirely neutral.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
View attachment 287475
10 pages worth of hype

I can't just read through all that in once sitting. Can I get a rundown on what everybody's said beyond the announcement itself?
Basically everyone's been crafting their own hypotheses as to why a particular character would make sense for the reveal tomorrow.

So nothing too different from the usual really.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Wonder if the character is from an M rated game, so they can’t do a full in depth presentation because they can’t show gameplay from the character’s game. Then they might do a Joker style presentation later in the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom