• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sakurai Presents is happening, guys!

YES! THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER!

THE DROUGHT HAS ENDED!

Until after a week, we go back to square one of course. ;P

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Welp, I'm gonna avoid any sites that might leak the fighter and pop back here tomorrow right before the trailer to chat. See y'all then! :)

SKX31

Smash Master
Crazy bet: it’s a League champion. Isn’t Worlds soon?
It's ongoing - the Play-In stage (10 teams fighting for 4 Group Stage slots) just finished, and the Group Stage (with 16 teams) will start this Saturday.

I'm not counting on a LoL character tomorrow, but it's a dark horse for tomorrow IMO. I do think a third party like Crash is liklier, but who knows.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
given the circumstances (sakurai said in the Min Min presentation that he almost considered just doing a reveal trailer instead of a longer presentation), i have a feeling this might actually be the equivalent to the other presentations and he just didn't have the time in this instance to put something longer together
That might be the best outcome since it wouldn't simply mean that the fighter isn't presentable yet so they just get the stylized part of their trailer for now.

D

Deleted member

Mostly because it's the "Safe" choice according to many people and some people legit believe a rep is inevitable.
Are people forgetting we got post-release event spirits though?

Byleth got in, and they didn't have post-release event spirits.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why is everyone jumping on the "Its a Gen 8 Pokemon!!!" boat quite hard now?
Because A. with the Crown Tundra trailer everyone's got them on the brain and B. everyone wants to get the obligatory "disappointing one" out of the way.

We'll show them though. FALINKS GANG RISE UP!

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Does this mean no Mii costumes?
I don't think this is our usual Sakurai Presents. They're just announcing the fighter, and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get gameplay at all, just a CGI trailer.

We'll get more Mii Costumes for sure. The question is, we will get a proper Sakurai Presents for FP7 where he will show us the character and all his/her content, or FP7 is gonna have a Joker treatment?

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I imagine the reasons this is called a "Sakurai Presents" is just because it is Sakurai Presenting something and a standard one will be coming at some point later down the line

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Does this mean no Mii costumes?
We are getting Mii costumes, we will be able to purchase them. We are just probably getting them either shadowdropped, in a future Sakurai presents that goes on detail about CP7, or they will just not be talked about at all, and they will just pop up on the Eshop or mentioned by Nintendo on a tweet.

Staarih

Smash Master
Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Basically

if FP7 isn’t Geno

then that’s it, Geno’s done, they don’t even have to show the costume to deconfirm him. Otherwise he’d be coming out in time for that Mario tournament

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
This is not a Sakurai Presents in the previous sense, the English title of the video is misleading.

In Japan, the equivalent video is called 新ファイター参戦!! , which simply means "New Fighter Joins!!". Previous Sakurai Presents in Japan were called [Character Name]のつかいかた, or [Character's] How to Play. The thumbnail (which, might I add, has a very similar name to the Japanese video title in both languages) also differs from previous "Sakurai Presents" in that the man himself is not present on the thumbnail at all.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm fully expecting someone ResetEra to make a hint today.
Or Zhuge or even gasp THE RETURN OF THE KING VERGEBEN.

Although... someone help me I’m already starting to analyze Imran’s Green Day joke

“Wake me up when September ends” is a somewhat depressive cynical song

Green Day is kinda pop-punk/emo

You know who else is emo...?

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I just saw on Twitter Kamiya is retweeting a lot of Viewtiful joe in Smash tweet. Did he do that for the other character announcement too? At the same time, I'm not really expecting Joe to be in really, but it's a bit weird.

ChaosAngelZone

Smash Cadet
So glad that the wait is finally just about over and we're going to find out who the next fighter is!

My personal most wanted characters are Crash, Geno (yes, I'm one of those weirdo Geno fans :p), Dixie Kong, Phoenix Wright, Arle, another Sonic character (totally not needed, but, I'll admit I'm very biased), or, if the impossible happens, NiGHTS from the classic Saturn game NiGHTS into Dreams.

I'll be cool with just about anyone though as long as they're an interesting addition to the roster and bring in some good content.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
This is not a Sakurai Presents in the previous sense, the English title of the video is misleading.

In Japan, the equivalent video is called 新ファイター参戦!! , which simply means "New Fighter Joins!!". Previous Sakurai Presents in Japan were called [Character Name]のつかいかた, or [Character's] How to Play. The thumbnail (which, might I add, has a very similar name to the Japanese video title in both languages) also differs from previous "Sakurai Presents" in that the man himself is not present on the thumbnail at all.
Japan: "Let's call it like it is."
U.S.: "BRANDING!!!"

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Finally, our prayers have been answered. We're going in blind once again tomorrow, best of luck to each of you. I'm expecting another 1st party personally.
I don't think this is our usual Sakurai Presents. They're just announcing the fighter, and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get gameplay at all, just a CGI trailer.

We'll get more Mii Costumes for sure. The question is, we will get a proper Sakurai Presents for FP7 where he will show us the character and all his/her content, or FP7 is gonna have a Joker treatment?
It sounds like it'll be the trailer + Sakurai talking briefly about them. Lots of speculation that they're gonna extend the deadline for Fighters Pass 2 because of the troubles covid-19 is giving everyone, which is logical.

Speaking of Sakurai Presents, apparently people were looking up the price of his couch after the Min Min video. That probably made him uncomfortable, wouldn't be surprised if he filmed it somewhere else or just had it done the way Joker's video went. Can't imagine it's fun showing off your very expensive living room to 100 million people worldwide at once.

D

Deleted member

Another tweet from Imran Khan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom