• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm not joking, I was just curious of what you guys thought

And I'm also not saying that would be the only reason a (Female) Character would get in, but it also could be a reason too. Like i said, if Ramen is part of why Min-Min got into Smash, Then i don't see how a reason like this is out of the question. I wasn't trying to be sexist and stuff
There is a small difference between

"Min Min is as important as any ARMS character but her design having elements that the director of her game personally enjoys led her to be picked when it came down to his opinion while still adding a popular character"

And

"Sakurai will add girl with big boobs"

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Honestly the best takeaway from that interview isn't Sakurai belligerently saying he's a boob guy, it's stuff like how his bed is the most soothing thing he could thing of, telling someone in love with Shinji Mikami that they have no hope, and this gem:

Q40: When you were a student, what things are you glad you did? What things do you wish you had done?

Sakurai: I’m glad I played a lot of games. I wish I had dated more.
Sigh... Me too, Sakurai, me too...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
AND ANOTHER THING.

We don't have any Females that show off Chest (unless you want to count Wendy)
The example you list of a character who "shows off her chest" is Wendy, who is naked. Which sounds like you're implying Sakurai would add a character to Smash Bros who's just got her ****in' **** out at all times, which raises a whole new slew of problems.

Shroob

Sup?
AND ANOTHER THING.

The example you list of a character who "shows off her chest" is Wendy, who is naked. Which sounds like you're implying Sakurai would add a character to Smash Bros who's just got her ****in' **** out at all times, which raises a whole new slew of problems.
Not to even bring up both Camilla and Mythra got their **** censored, so that immediately kills that line of logic rofl.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Me: I wish Newcomer Speculation Thread wouldn't write female characters off so quickly just for having suggestive designs.
Newcomer Speculation Thread:

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
There are so many logic errors and contradictions in your line of thinking that I don't know where to start.

First off, what makes you think that "ramen" was part of the reason Min Min got into Smash? When would that ever be a deciding factor? Who looks at a character and says "they like my favorite food, therefore they should be in Smash Bros"?

Second off, regardless of Sakurai's statement, I don't think he's the type of man to consider a girl's big knockers to be a reason to put them in Smash on any level. He's not that type of guy, and that line of thought is disgusting.

Third, I'd really like to know why you think Sakurai has a "fetish" for breasts, and why that would be a deciding factor in any way, shape, or form. The way he answered the question in the article was just "**** fam, I didn't expect this question in a book about video games, I guess this is what I like".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxXE7VgaO88

This video goes into Detail why Yabuki Likes Min-Min. Between Sharp features of the face and Ramen, it's kinda very basic, kind of like how People like characters because of Breasts, Booty, Skin color, Gender, etc

And I don't think having Breasts would be a Huge deciding factor or anything. More it could be something that's like a Perk or something. However like I said, I'm not trying to say a Character will not be chosen just because of their chests, Otherwise we would have Dead or Alive in Smash. I'm just saying some factors towards a character could be as simple as Ramen, Breasts, etc.

CornOnTheCob

Smash Rookie
You know, instead of talking about this, we could go back to discussing Atelier now. Or the possibility of Falcom representation.

Since it keeps getting brought up lately, which less discussed characters would you guys want to see?
Corvo and/or Emily from Dishonored would be cool even if their chances are completely impossible.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxXE7VgaO88

This video goes into Detail why Yabuki Likes Min-Min. Between Sharp features of the face and Ramen, it's kinda very basic, kind of like how People like characters because of Breasts, Booty, Skin color, Gender, etc

And I don't think having Breasts would be a Huge deciding factor or anything. More it could be something that's like a Perk or something. However like I said, I'm not trying to say a Character will not be chosen just because of their chests, Otherwise we would have Dead or Alive in Smash. I'm just saying some factors towards a character could be as simple as Ramen, Breasts, etc.
scared boi.jpg

Sir, this is a wholesome christian forum, please stop. /s

ZelDan

Smash Master
You know what woman they should add to Smash with a large chest?

I can imagine her having a pretty big treasure chest.

EDIT: Pretend there's a picture of Captain Syrup in the spoiler. >_>

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
AND ANOTHER THING.

That wasn't the intention. Honestly maybe i should have worded my post better because I'm getting really roasted right now, but I'm finding this whole Ordeal Entertaining, but i think I might have messed up on the wording and such. Not good look

Comparing skin color and gender with the other two is wrong on so many levels.
I'm not gonna lie, As someone that's not into Breasts or Booty, I'm not seeing what's so wrong to be honest. As the sole reason for a character's inclusion, Not good at all, but isn't that kinda the same for Skin color and Gender

I was just trying to say it might be a Perk of a character getting in, a reason, but not such an important reason that it will make a unviable character viable. If a Character could have an edge over her Competetion because the creator likes Ramen, Then I say all is fair game. I Don't know though

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
That wasn't the intention. Honestly maybe i should have worded my post better because I'm getting really roasted right now, but I'm finding this whole Ordeal Entertaining, but i think I might have messed up on the wording and such. Not good look

I'm not gonna lie, As someone that's not into Breasts or Booty, I'm not seeing what's so wrong to be honest. As the sole reason for a character's inclusion, Not good at all, but isn't that kinda the same for Skin color and Gender

I was just trying to say it might be a Perk of a character getting in, a reason, but not such an important reason that it will make a unviable character viable. If a Character could have an edge over her Competetion because the creator likes Ramen, Then I say all is fair game. I Don't know though
Look pal what people are saying is that letting those kinds of preferences influence a game's design is wildly unprofessional and Sakurai doesn't seem like the kind of person who'd do that.

Plus even if it did, we talking about Japan here, it'd be more surprising if we got a female character that doesn't have big boobs.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Hot take maybe but I'm pretty sure Nintendo won'd add a character over sexualized body parts in an E-rated game.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Look pal what people are saying is that letting those kinds of preferences influence a game's design is wildly unprofessional and Sakurai doesn't seem like the kind of person who'd do that.

Plus even if it did, we talking about Japan here, it'd be more surprising if we got a female character that doesn't have big boobs.
I guess when you word it like that, I could see where you are getting at

I guess for me, It's the whole Ramen thing that kinda just makes everything for me a Cluster. People get roasted for wanting a character because of Their Skin Color, Gender, being Sexy, Cute, etc. Since Min-Min having a theme of Ramen and the creator loving Ramen was a reason (But not the only one) she in over the Other ARMS Characters, I thought everything was fair game. That Ramen reason seemed very bias. It be like if someone that had a foot fetish said a reason they chose a character over others was because feet. That's what's getting to me

But i guess when it comes to assets like the Breasts and Booty and having that as a reason/Perk for a character being i, it does seem more unprofessional than other reasons. Yes

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505

give em.jpg

I think you better stop before you get roasted beyond oblivion.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
All ethics of sexualizing female characters aside...

Since when is liking a girls chest considered a fetish?

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Anyway I suggest we change the topiç
View attachment 278974
How would anyone feel if we got a Danganronpa character as our first visual novel character
That'd be cool. Phoenix Wright is the only other visual novel character I'd enjoy seeing in Smash, so I'd be perfectly fine with a Danganronpa character, whether it is Monokuma, Makoto or another protagonist, or Junko. The music in the series is pretty great, too.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Sakurai reinstated Mai after what happen with the competitive smash community

In order to get competitive players to like adult women the next 5 characters in the pass are Mai, Morrigan, Kasumi, Koyori, and Tifa

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

In order to get competitive players to like adult women the next 5 characters in the pass are Mai, Morrigan, Kasumi, Koyori, and Tifa
I think this is the most savage post I've ever read on this site.

100/10

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I mean, I have no issue sexualizing fictional female anime characters...

I see no issue liking any type of characters for how they look.

But really using this as a point to speculate...Really?

In a nintendo games?

What the hell? :drflip:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You know, If Min-Min was chosen over the Other ARMS Characters because the Creator likes Ramen (that's why he likes her very much), Do you think we could get a character, with one of the reasonings being they show off some of their Chest (Female)

https://sourcegaming.info/2015/05/25/sakurai-answers-100-questions-from-fans/

If you look at Question 62 of this article, Sakurai says his Fetish is the chest. We don't have any Females that show off Chest (unless you want to count Wendy). Also the CERO is really mainly concerned with Panty shots, but is not that worried about some underboob or stuff.

What you guys think?
I'm not joking, I was just curious of what you guys thought

And I'm also not saying that would be the only reason a (Female) Character would get in, but it also could be a reason too. Like i said, if Ramen is part of why Min-Min got into Smash, Then i don't see how a reason like this is out of the question. I wasn't trying to be sexist and stuff
spikewut.gif

Posts like these remind me of the old Social Thread. Posts like these are also part of why the old Social Thread got canned. Please, let's not go there. Like, there's reaching, and then there's this.

If this is how things get when we're starved for news then I pray to God we get some good news soon.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Ingenious, no teenage boys would be drawn in by that kind of stuff. :troll:

7NATOR

Smash Master
To be Honest with you guys, I Don't exactly Know where to continue after this. I'll just say I'll take the L on this one and i should focus on better form of Speculation than what I just posted, from what I've gathered

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be Honest with you guys, I Don't exactly Know where to continue after this. I'll just say I'll take the L on this one and i should focus on better form of Speculation than what I just posted, from what I've gathered
To be fair, a creator designing characters or picking characters to suit their tastes isn't unheard of.

I mean, Linde made it into Fire Emblem Warriors cause the director likes feet.

Thing is, Smash has never had that happen. Sakurai isn't that kind of guy, and even the evidence you used showed he wasn't quite comfortable answering the question.

It's not a crazy take, but in this context, its a pretty bad one.

Even still, making decisions for those reasons is considered pretty darn weird. To put it nicely.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It was a fair attempt. Like, you cited a Sakurai article. That's good!

But also, the facts you took out of it and the inferences you drew from that were...lackluster to say the least.

You're definitely on the right track. Just maybe don't try to present a non-sequitur, personal fact about Sakurai (that he didn't even seem sure of/comfortable saying) and try to pass it off as serious speculation.

Could've made for a real good joke though.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
View attachment 278981
The rest of the Fighters Pass will be Pokemon and Fire Emblem reps as our punishment.
Bro we've had threads rise and fall on this site because of horny.

This ain't the first time it's happened here, nor will it be the last.

Good job everyone on shutting it down fast though. Maybe we are getting better.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
who uses their chance to ask Sakurai a question to inquire what his fetish is

and maybe more importantly

what kind of vanilla life does Sakurai live if "chest" is his fetish

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom