• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
who uses their chance to ask Sakurai a question to inquire what his fetish is
There's a good amount of weird questions in that article. The Person even asks if his Sakurai's Father ever hit Sakurai (Question 90).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There's a good amount of weird questions in that article. The Person even asks if his Sakurai's Father ever hit Sakurai (Question 90).
something something was the name smash bros inspired by getting hit something something

That interview is actually awful then. Who goes that personal?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1595053641960.png

If y'all are taking speculation to a point where you're trying to take developer personal kinks into account of character choices, I implore you within the deepest of my hearts to click the big red X on your browser. Get up. Take a shower. Catch up with loved ones. Go outside. And when you do, I want you to look up at the sky. There is an endless void of nothingness out there beyond us. And you should just talk to that nothing instead. Cause nothing wants to hear that ****.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
something something was the name smash bros inspired by getting hit something something

That interview is actually awful then. Who goes that personal?
Questions are from random fans. I don't think it's supposed to be a serious thing in the first place.

Shroob

Sup?
So to get discussion back on track.

Zippo, one of the fellas all in on the Direct is thinking it'll be short, like. Maybe not 'mini', but still short.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Zippo, one of the fellas all in on the Direct is thinking it'll be short, like. Maybe not 'mini', but still short.
1. Source?

2. Would make sense, they can't waste time talking about already announced games when.... they're all out.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Clearly this means it'll only be 44 minutes, instead of the usual 45.

Shroob

Sup?
1595054915074.png

Dunno who this guy is, but apparently he's a regular on ResetEra. These are just his opinion but I SWEAR TO GOD if they pull the hint crap again lol

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Truth be told a Mini Direct makes sense. I've seen people theorizing the Direct will just be shadowdropped on the 20th, and the last Mini Direct was also shadowdropped.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Dunno if they'd announce a smash character in a mini. So .. full direct!

Eh who knows. wont be in that long now XD

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Dunno if they'd announce a smash character in a mini. So .. full direct!

Eh who knows. wont be in that long now XD
The ARMS character was announced in a Mini. Granted that's when we got three months of the Guess Who? game, but it was still a Smash announcement.

Shroob

Sup?
I swear, if this is yet another Guess Who, Imma check out til September rofl.

March - June was a slog when it came to the debate because, while fun at first, it just came down to the same 2-3 characters in the end.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
View attachment 278987

Dunno who this guy is, but apparently he's a regular on ResetEra. These are just his opinion but I SWEAR TO GOD if they pull the hint crap again lol
The only I see another guessing game being necessary is if the next character is another complex one like Min Min (I believe they said the ARMS guessing game was because Min Min needed work on balancing), possibly also from a fighting game with a smaller pool of characters.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The only I see another guessing game being necessary is if the next character is another complex one like Min Min (I believe they said the ARMS guessing game was because Min Min needed work on balancing), possibly also from a fighting game with a smaller pool of characters.
There's no doubt they'd pull this **** for Pokemon.

7NATOR

Smash Master
If they Do the Guessing Game again, Could we say that may be the General Standard of this Pass, Especially if it's a franchise like Mario, Xenoblade, Sonic?

If Development per characters is really taking longer than FP1, and it's spread out further throughout this year and the next, I guess this is their way of Making people know of what type of characters they are getting, without Spoiling the actual character far from release.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Imagine they ****ing do this for the whole goddamn pass as their marketing gimmick.

The horror.
1595055418709.png

I just imagined a hypothetical Mario franchise war against Waluigi and Geno fans. Like seriously, how many franchises can you do this with?

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
These guessing games would be more fun if it was a Fighter from "3rd party company". The sea of choices would be a lot more massive compared to a single series like with ARMS's 15 fighters.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
"The next Smash Ultimate DLC character will be... a character from Pong!"

Who will it be? The left paddle? The right paddle? The ball? The debates are gonna be so intense...

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 278988

I just imagined a hypothetical Mario franchise war against Waluigi and Geno fans. Like seriously, how many franchises can you do this with?
Technically speaking?

Any franchise with more than 1 game in it, probably, especially one where the role of protagonist changes between games, or a series with secondary characters not already in Smash.

Street Fighter
Sonic
Mario
Pokemon

Those four right off the top of my head for the latter category.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
These guessing games would be more fun if it was a Fighter from "3rd party company". The sea of choices would be a lot more massive compared to a single series like with ARMS's 15 fighters.
SEGA fans go awry in rage over which of their characters make it in. Yakuza this, Sakura Wars that. Phantasy Star this, "SMT V when?" joke there.

And then it just ends up being Tails. :secretkpop:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
By hint, I could also see it being something like a "We'll be having a presentation soon on X day or in X month! Look forward to it!" and that's it.

I think that's what they did at EVO last year, so I could see it happening again.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Technically speaking?

Any franchise with more than 1 game in it, probably, especially one where the role of protagonist changes between games, or a series with secondary characters not already in Smash.

Street Fighter
Sonic
Mario
Pokemon

Those four right off the top of my head for the latter category.
Pokemon sounds like the only one of those four that has a legitimate shot in being in this pass, IMO.

Though, Sonic getting a new character would just revamp the Shadow supporters like the Spring Man massacre never happened. :239:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Even if it's just "Fighter from Tales "and it may not be Lloyd, I woud still be happy that my favorite RPG series got a playable fighter. And I do like Luke, Yuri, Stahn, Cless, Velvet etc.... except Emil.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Pokemon sounds like the only one of those four that has a legitimate shot in being in this pass, IMO.

Though, Sonic getting a new character would just revamp the Shadow supporters like the Spring Man massacre never happened. :239:
You make it sound like it's a Bad thing. Shadow Side Coming back would be legendary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom