• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calane

Smash Ace
"Puyo Puyo Mystery Dungeon"

God i wish
Your wish is granted?

36379_front.jpg

You might wanna check out "Waku Waku Puyo Puyo Dungeon".

Page 3333, we've been ranting on for a long time.

Is this rumoured character Ryza from a good home franchise? Is her source game anything good?

Y'know am mostly dying to see some BotW2 stuff. It's been too long since they showcased anything, or even mentioned the game. Metroid Prime 4 needs to be shown off as well. Nintendo needs to keep up the pace , Microsoft and Sony already have their next console ready, Nintendo isn't even releasing anything much at the moment...
I can't speak for the entire franchise, as I only have experience with Atelier Ryza. In my opinion, it's a wonderful game. It's got some likable characters, great music, and relaxing atmosphere. Some things might seem a little complicated at first, such as the crafting and battle system, but it's all quite fun once you get the hang of it.

So yes, I'd say her source game is good.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
What’s the likelihood we get a Direct announcement in the coming hours?
Well, that's the thing.

All the insiders are pinning it for the 20th, so logic dictates it SHOULD be announced today.

But, it's also 3 entire days before said Direct, and I can't remember the last time they announced a Direct 3 days in advance. 1-2 days all the time, but not 3.

They 'could' announce it over the weekend, they've done that for stuff that's not Directs before, but I'm hesitant to say that's likely.

And of course, the final option is they just shadow drop it on our ass on Monday.

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Well, that's the thing.

All the insiders are pinning it for the 20th, so logic dictates it SHOULD be announced today.

But, it's also 3 entire days before said Direct, and I can't remember the last time they announced a Direct 3 days in advance. 1-2 days all the time, but not 3.

They 'could' announce it over the weekend, they've done that for stuff that's not Directs before, but I'm hesitant to say that's likely.

And of course, the final option is they just shadow drop it on our ass on Monday.
I think the Min Min Smash presentation was announced on a Friday and shown on the Monday. So there's that. I'm not expecting the Twitter team to be in on a Sunday to do it.

Shroob

Sup?
I think the Min Min Smash presentation was announced on a Friday and shown on the Monday. So there's that. I'm not expecting the Twitter team to be in on a Sunday to do it.
They've announced smaller stuff on a weekend, like Hero's presentation, which is what causes me pause.

We'll know soon enough.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Your wish is granted?
I meant a modern one since its been a LONG ass time since we had one. I'm kinda hoping more for EO gameplay more than MD.

That leak is false anyways since i don't think were getting a puyo game annoucemen until next year.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
So IIRC Kelios the original leaker of the date guessed a Direct announcement would be on the Friday before, but stated he wasn't 100% certain. It could still be a thing if it doesn't get announced in a few hours.

I'm hesitant to jump on board considering we've had 'insiders' predict a Direct every month since January. Happy to be proven wrong tho :)

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
You know, Smash never ends with a amazing pick. It is always a controversial one.
True. Though to be honest, I don't know what character they could add that's more controversial then Byleth. At the least this last character will be better final reveal than Byleth is to alot of people

Will still be controversial because that's the Smash way

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
True. Though to be honest, I don't know what character they could add that's more controversial then Byleth. At the least this last character will be better final reveal than Byleth is to alot of people

Will still be controversial because that's the Smash way
They add Paper Mario but he brings in absolutely zero content and references to the pre-Sticker Star games, non fans will feel cheated for buying Mario Yet Again for 5.99 and fans will be upset at the fan favourite games getting absolutely shafted

7NATOR

Smash Master
They add Paper Mario but he brings in absolutely zero content and references to the pre-Sticker Star games, non fans will feel cheated for buying Mario Yet Again for 5.99 and fans will be upset at the fan favourite games getting absolutely shafted
And I Stand corrected, if that scenraio happened I could see Paper Mario getting around the same amount of backlash as Byleth

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
All I want from Paper Mario in Smash is being able to play the S.S. Flavio stage without the stage transition. Is that too much to ask?!

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Imagine if they announced that FP2 would have a F-Zero character, and it's ARMS-style guessing game all over again.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What times are Nintendo directs usually announced?

Like 5 or 6 AM PST?

SKX31

Smash Master
Imagine if they announced that FP2 would have a F-Zero character, and it's ARMS-style guessing game all over again.
Thaaaaaat would be strange but also kinda fun.

People would likely gravitate towards Black Shadow / (Possibly Goroh or the other two SNES racers Dr. Stewart and Pico) / Jody Summers. It would narrow down quite quickly, but also be somewhat low stakes because there is not much to go off.

Black Shadow might have the best case here - GX's cutscene has him firing blasts and levitating stuff, for example. And then one could implement the infamous Speed Bomb from GX's mission 6 (If the stickied target stops running, the bomb detonates) and so on.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
With the Paper Mario tweets from Nintendo of Europe, I'm not hopeful for a Direct announcement today. There's a chance for an evening announcement or a Monday shadowdrop, but that's slim considering we don't have any solid rumors outside of French Leaker Guy saying the 20th and NateDrake hinting but not really doubling down.

May have to temper expectations. For all we know it'll be another Mini if it happens at all.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Gosh I really hope we get a direct soon.

Heading towards the holiday season with no announced games would be monetary suicide.

Plus its really boring for us.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The fact that Nintendo of America haven't tweet about Paper Mario today makes me think that their 9am EST tweet (in 30 minutes) is going to be that. Maybe the announcement will be later like the Animal crossing direct earlier this year.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The fact that Nintendo of America haven't tweet about Paper Mario today makes me think that their 9am EST tweet (in 30 minutes) is going to be that. Maybe the announcement will be later like the Animal crossing direct earlier this year.
They don't only tweet once a day, do they?

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I saw this floating around. As stated in the tweet, there's potential for this to be related to an incoming Direct.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
May as well post this here too.

There seems to have been a bit of a development. Madison Davenport recently finished voice work for an unnamed project. For those unfamiliar with KH3, she voiced a character called "Nameless Star" who was in the recent Melody of Memory trailer. This project could be unrelated, but given the recent MoM listing there's a pretty good chance they're the same. If we get through to Monday without a Direct or announcement then the MoM stuff is probably unrelated to anything with Nintendo.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
With the Paper Mario tweets from Nintendo of Europe, I'm not hopeful for a Direct announcement today. There's a chance for an evening announcement or a Monday shadowdrop, but that's slim considering we don't have any solid rumors outside of French Leaker Guy saying the 20th and NateDrake hinting but not really doubling down.
Uh, you know that that Paper Mario tweet was at 10 AM for our time? And that Directs usually get announced at around 3 PM or 4 PM for Europe? They can tweet about multiple things a day.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
After seeing the trailer for Carrion, I want the monster you play as a fighter for Smash.

(Also it would have long range and very broken tether recovery.)

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
9:00 has passed, and NoA hasn’t made a peep. Definitely expecting a Paper Mario tweet at this point, I think it’s game over for today.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Haven't they tweeted a Direct announcement at 10 or 11 before? It's also possible they could shadow drop the direct.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All I want from Paper Mario in Smash is being able to play the S.S. Flavio stage without the stage transition. Is that too much to ask?!
I personally want the ability to be able to chose any state of a stage. We know it's possible, what with spirit matches sticking to one place on a travelling stage. It would also theoretically make for more legal stages but as we've seen before, when given more choice, Tournament orginizers just get fussier in response.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Nintendo is insane if they shadow drop a Direct on Monday. There’s no good reason to do that; just announce it, you weirdos.

Last edited:

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
To think there are exciting games that are theoretically going to be released this holiday, but we have no idea what they are...!

Hoping for Directs have started to feel like searching for the Loch Ness monster, nearly.
What are the chances that this Direct could actually be a Mini-Direct?
Since they've waited this long I wouldn't be surprised by a Mini direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom