• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
She appears in the background of the ARMS stage on the jumbotrons. If she’s trying to keep her existence secret she’s not doing a great job of it lol
Yeah, rip lol.

I only was able to squeeze in a single Classic mode run and I just hopped on here.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
After about 30 mins of playtime, I have concluded that Min Min is used most effectively when you play like an asshole. :p
Speaking of which, are the lvl 9 CPUs still the same assholes in 7.0.0 as before or have they been buffed or nerfed?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Min Min's Spirit will probably remain unchanged and they'll just use different artwork for her Playable Spirit (or just have her like Cloud & Pokémon Trainer with only her Smash Render).
If the former, they could go with this one, just with the background taken out or something.
View attachment 275685
Not a big surprise, but I'm still a little pumped that I called this artwork being her Fighter Spirit artwork.
Ebuj7rbUcAE55UV.jpg

Shroob

Sup?
My only thing about the idea of a "Bonus" character is, say that we do get all 16 World of Light spots filled.

Unless my math is ****, 16 DLC characters + the base game, unstacked Echoes and all 3 Miis, would give us 90 characters+Random, meaning 7 rows of 13, which put the Original 12(13) all back together.

Adding an extra character throws this off entirely... I'd wager a stand-alone stage or a returning stage, tbh.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I'll be the first to set thy holy rule.

If you are a spirit but have no additional artwork, then you cannot be a fighter.

Thy should now claim the Geno as disconfirmed :4pacman::4pacman:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we could get four more Echoes to fill in the four remaining slots.

Black Shadow (:ultfalcon:)
Dixie Kong (:ultdiddy:)
Medusa (:ultpalutena:)
Octoling (:ultinkling:)

If not echoes though.

2B
Amaterasu or Phoenix Wright
Crash Bandicoot
Elma

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My only thing about the idea of a "Bonus" character is, say that we do get all 16 World of Light spots filled.

Unless my math is ****, 16 DLC characters + the base game, unstacked Echoes and all 3 Miis, would give us 90 characters+Random, meaning 7 rows of 13, which put the Original 12(13) all back together.

Adding an extra character throws this off entirely... I'd wager a stand-alone stage or a returning stage, tbh.
Also wait, wouldn’t a 92nd character cause the game to crash at the CSS?

As for my ideal Spirit promotions:
so we'd be seeing "Elma (Fighter)" in this case

and potentially if she has a True Form alt, the Fighter Spirit for that alt will be "Elma (True Form)"
but since the OE Octoling Spirit is named Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy, they may just do Octoling Girl separately from Octoling Boy depending on whether they're using the female or male alt

Octoling Girl (Fighter)'s possible render:

Octoling Boy (Fighter)'s possible render:
and then there’s Black Shadow who’d probably use... his F-Zero X artwork as his fighter spirit. Not a fan of that artwork

Dinoman96

Smash Master

If you are a spirit but have no additional artwork, then you cannot be a fighter.

I don't think that's gonna gain much traction considering that again, Robin and Cloud just use their Ultimate renders for their spirits

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Also wait, wouldn’t a 92nd character cause the game to crash at the CSS?

As for my ideal Spirit promotions:

and then there’s Black Shadow who’d probably use... his F-Zero X artwork as his fighter spirit. Not a fan of that artwork
I mean, they can obviously fix that.

Just, with how 'neat' Sakurai has as an idea for the menus, it'd be odd as hell to go from a perfect Rectangle(13x7), to a weird.... I don't even know what that shape would be.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

You're joking, but people are almost certainly going to try using that as "proof" for saying that certain characters won't make it into the game. People seem to love moving the goalposts for this sort of thing.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

That'd be pretty awesome, to be honest.
Honestly, since a theoretical Pack 3 could be just 4 characters, I'm kinda hoping its a cheaper, faster, Echoes Pack..like, say, Octoling, Dixie Kong, Impa (SS with OoT Alt), and Shadow the Hedgehog.

Shroob

Sup?
That'd be pretty awesome, to be honest.
Honestly, since a theoretical Pack 3 could be just 4 characters, I'm kinda hoping its a cheaper, faster, Echoes Pack..like, say, Octoling, Dixie Kong, Impa (SS with OoT Alt), and Shadow the Hedgehog.
The thing about the idea of Echoes though is

Well, we now see that they're probably intending new stages.

Unless Echoes are getting new stages, it seems like it'd be non-Echoes.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908

They could just use Geno’s in-game sprite as his fighter spirit, like Ice Climbers (or just his Smash render but that’s boring).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Speaking of which, are the lvl 9 CPUs still the same assholes in 7.0.0 as before or have they been buffed or nerfed?
I'm not the best person to ask. Once I've unlocked everything 95% of my playtime is against other people.

But anecdotally, they seem easier. Though they were doing a lot of weird jumping around. Frankly I'm not even sure if CPU behaviour is something that changes from patch to patch.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
Not really, but something tells me it'd bother Sakurai.

He specifically made the base game's Stage Select screen implicitly with the 5 DLC stages + Stage Builder in mind, the dude is very aesthetic-focused this game and just wants the menus to look 'nice'.
Mind you this is the same guy that approved Smash Wii U's menus and Smash 3DS's initial CSS

DuskFleur

Smash Apprentice
Yeah! Shame that, like Byleth, they're the only remixes in the entire Challenger Pack. I understand Sakurai's reasoning for this, but still.
Yeah. Though to be totally fair, basically the whole ARMS soundtrack is included with Min Min, and the songs are already pretty awesome. I got Scrapyard stuck in my head...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Porky, Kraid, Gruntilda, Dr Eggman & Akuma would all be awesome. Especially if Akuma is a secret fight like in SF2.
Throw in a Boss version of Wily, Yellow Devil or Sigma, and it'd be perfect. I guess Hedlok too cause of ARMS getting a character.

What could it mean?!?

This fantastical hint could mean anything!
Okami 3 is looking good.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
The thing about the idea of Echoes though is

Well, we now see that they're probably intending new stages.

Unless Echoes are getting new stages, it seems like it'd be non-Echoes.
That's just the case for these two Fighters Passes. A third one could follow different rules and they could specify only Echo Fighters by themselves.

Shroob

Sup?
Mind you this is the same guy that approved Smash Wii U's menus and Smash 3DS's initial CSS
He did, but at the same time, Ultimate's been all about style and flair. You can really tell he's pouring his heart into the general 'look' of the Menus.

I just don't see a reality where those 4 WoL spots go unused in the end. Even a 4 character Fighter's Pass is still something that people will buy, and if they really wanted to, they could have done something to make the SSS morph to fit only 5 more characters, but they didn't.

Shroob

Sup?
That's just the case for these two Fighters Passes. A third one could follow different rules and they could specify only Echo Fighters by themselves.
You did see the prior page, right? Where the stage select screen has room to fit an additional 5 Extra stages after this current pass?

I just really don't see Echoes getting a stage. They could, but it feels like they're designing around the idea of "We're going to make more stages later."

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So glad there's no second page. Though, I still think it would be good to have tabs for the full list, as well as each individual game, so that those who think the selection screen is crowded can have separate pages--everyone wins.

And I much prefer 4 more echoes to 4 more unique characters, as someone who stacks echoes. 4 more echoes would mean both stacked and unstacked would be perfect. EDIT: Unfortunately, that still would mean empty spots for the stage selection screen, which is why we need old stages to come back! Hello, Pac-Maze and Poké Floats! I had created this with my hopes a while back with that idea in mind, though I held back to wait to see who the ARMS character was, and changed it to add Min Min.

Ultimate (FP2 Completed).png

Ultimate (FP2 Completed Unstacked).png

Also, only tried Min Min for a bit, but pretty fun. Not amazing--she feels weird when jumping that I'm not a fan of. But regardless it's nice to finally have a new character after all this time.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
You did see the prior page, right? Where the stage select screen has room to fit an additional 5 Extra stages after this current pass?

I just really don't see Echoes getting a stage. They could, but it feels like they're designing around the idea of "We're going to make more stages later."
No, I missed that. I mean, they could give Echoes stages, I'm sure..like one based on Tropical Freeze for Dixie Kong, one based on Octo Expansion or Splatoon 2 in general for Octoling, one based on Sonic Adventure 2 for Shadow, Impa would be a bit harder, though they could do a Zelda stage in general, Min Min kinda shows that a stage doesn't have to represent the character..though I don't know if it needs to be from the same exact game or not.

Shroob

Sup?
No, I missed that. I mean, they could give Echoes stages, I'm sure..like one based on Tropical Freeze for Dixie Kong, one based on Octo Expansion or Splatoon 2 in general for Octoling, one based on Sonic Adventure 2 for Shadow, Impa would be a bit harder, though they could do a Zelda stage in general, Min Min kinda shows that a stage doesn't have to represent the character..though I don't know if it needs to be from the same exact game or not.
They 'could'

But we're dealing with what we know right now.

We know that they opted for a new row for stages instead of a 2nd page.

We know that there's an extra 4 slots for characters in World of Light for after this pass.

We know that the Roster can only 90 characters and random before it crashes.

At least as of right now, it feels like they're intending to fill up all those World of Light spots, if they're echoes or not, we'll be debating that in 2022.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Can't wait to play as Min Min and get the Min Min Spirit with my maxed-out Min Min Spirit.
This has solidified the Spirit rule's status as DEAD. I can easily picture the Fighter Spirits used for characters like Bandana Dee and Shantae, who got new official artworks with new releases. Not sure what Rex would do; Let's dig through some old Nintendo Twitter posts and see if there's any alternate artwork we could use.
Also, Attack while Getting Up. Not Getup Attack, Attack while Getting Up. I find this way funnier than I should.
Probably this for Rex:
Just subtract all the other party members in the background except for maybe Pyra and Mythra.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
For what it's worth, at the bottom of this page on Min Min, it says we've finally entered into the second half of the fighters added by the DLC team.
https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/9d5aa672-5a00-4b6a-9c40-325c216357a6

Now I'm a bit rusty on my math, but I'm pretty sure there is no third half.
I'm frankly not convinced, tbh.

Of course, it's too early to say for certain, but come this time next year, if they announce "We're doing one final pass", it really would not shock me, since , well, we already know that they have the code in place just in case they intend to do so.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm frankly not convinced, tbh.

Of course, it's too early to say for certain, but come this time next year, if they announce "We're doing one final pass", it really would not shock me, since , well, we already know that they have the code in place just in case they intend to do so.
Perhaps, but there were ways to say what they said without implying a finite end after this pass.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Yeah I appreciate there being no “Other Stages” section on the stage select screen, but I actually cannot get over this what the HELL Sakurai

Please please tell me I’m not the only one deeply troubled by this new development, this is a cry for help

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
For what it's worth, at the bottom of this page on Min Min, it says we've finally entered into the second half of the fighters added by the DLC team.
https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/9d5aa672-5a00-4b6a-9c40-325c216357a6

Now I'm a bit rusty on my math, but I'm pretty sure there is no third half.
To be fair, it could just be a mistranslation.
Probably this for Rex:
Just subtract all the other party members in the background except for maybe Pyra and Mythra.
Ah yes, the Rex Spirit without a lower body.:4pacman:

Shroob

Sup?
Perhaps, but there were ways to say what they said without implying a finite end after this pass.
I mean, tbh, I read the article and I didn't really gauge a finite end to it. I want the DLC to be over as much as the next guy, I'm getting old and speculating is taking its toll on me.

But to me, it just reads more like "There's 2 packs, this is the 2nd half to them."

And like, if they're intending a 3rd pack, which could happen considering the WoL datamine, they wouldn't show their hand this early.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Probably this for Rex:
Remember, Rex, Pyra, and Mythra are all separate Spirits in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
If Rex got in, he would almost certainly be like Rosalina & Luma and Banjo & Kazooie and his Fighter Spirit would be listed as 'Rex & Pyra' and 'Rex & Mythra', this would make the Spirit image and name both different from the ones already in the game, so they could essentially use their default artwork again..like this..
Rex.png Rex M.png
I could also see him having an Alternate Costume..spoilered for story reasons.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I mean, tbh, I read the article and I didn't really gauge a finite end to it. I want the DLC to be over as much as the next guy, I'm getting old and speculating is taking its toll on me.

But to me, it just reads more like "There's 2 packs, this is the 2nd half to them."

And like, if they're intending a 3rd pack, which could happen considering the WoL datamine, they wouldn't show their hand this early.
TBH given how long this pass is gonna last, I doubt I'll be hardcore speculating every character. Like, by FP8, I'll probably be willing to just wait and see what Nintendo's got to show on their own time rather than try to guess every one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom