• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
well if some people want to shoot down helix but don't have the balls to talk big enough to say who it actually is

IT'S BIFF TIME BABY
Gonna be honest. A part of me is feeling it could be him. Its an very Sakurai thing to do and I could see him functioning like Pokemon Trainer where you could switch between Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Minmin and Ninjara.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Gonna be honest. A part of me is feeling it could be him. Its an very Sakurai thing to do and I could see him functioning like Pokemon Trainer where you could switch between Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Minmin and Ninjara.
Tbh there really is no precedence to suggest this should happen. At least with the trainer, carrying and switching Pokemon in battle is a major mechanic. To my knowledge nothing like that exists in ARMS, not even as a secondary mode. That and why make 3 different characters who would play the same minus a few abilities and slightly different effects as part of that type of character. They may as well just pick one if that's the case or just be echoes.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm pretty satisfied where most of my wanted characters placed in the poll.
Doomguy = 3rd. Dante = 5th. Phoenix Wright = 10th. Reimu = 11th. Isaac = 15th, Rex & Pyra 18th, and a few other honorable mentions scored well too (e.g Hayabusa, Shantae, Travis Touchdown, Sol Badguy etc.). Sadly Kiryu didn't make the Top 50, but I'd say he's moving up in the ranks for Smash discussion and fan demand.

Not surprised at Crash being number 1, what with the success of Banjo and the N. Sanity Trilogy doing well. Admittedly I had a pretty bad view on Crash around a few months ago... I seem to have had a change of heart, or just ultimately found it not worth the energy trying to hate him. Maybe it's better to give Crash a second chance sometime in the future and see if he clicks with me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What happened to your almighty "protag first" undying rule, Michael? :nifty:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

The Japanese Smash twitter posted about the Direct again. Nothing's really different between the two tweets, besides the fact that this one specifically mentions the broadcast is coming from Sakurai's house.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

The Japanese Smash twitter posted about the Direct again. Nothing's really different between the two tweets, besides the fact that this one specifically mentions the broadcast is coming from Sakurai's house.
I knew it, we're gonna see footage of Sakurai's cat!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Your hot take is too hot when the man said he would never bring him in.
He literally said he wasn't going to do that ever. While Sakurai changes his mind sometimes hes not changing his mind on everything and this feels like something he won't do.
I legitemately forgot that Sakurai actually outright stated that.

That would make the reveal all the more surprising. :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sadly Kiryu didn't make the Top 50, but I'd say he's moving up in the ranks for Smash discussion and fan demand.
I mean being 51 is close enough tbh.

What part of "A part of me" did you not read? I'm still suspecting Spring Man to be honest.
Guess it'll finally be over in two days, watch it end up being the goddamn clown we've been fighting the past three months over.

Sakurai lore confirmed?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Calling it now....Sakurai's gonna be slurping up some spicy ramen noodles :p

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe it's still going strong after 3 months. It'll finally be the end of an era in Smash speculation soon.
Thank god, by far the worst era in Smash Speculation period. Good riddance.
I hope Biff cameos in the stage/taunts/victory screens in some way because we all know he's the real MVP of ARMS.
Not the ARMS rep the Smash community deserves, but the one it needs.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Calling it now....Sakurai's gonna be slurping up some spicy ramen noodles :p
Imagine if we see that immediately after Spring Man is revealed. That would be a gut punch of epic proportions.
Only ten minutes will be devoted to the ARMS rep, the rest will just be a tour of Sakurai's house. Out of those 25 minutes, ten will be devoted to Sakurai's cats, another ten will be for his collection of consoles and controllers, and only five will be left for the house itself.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Ooh! I just thought of a cool candidate for a deluxe Mii Brawler costume.

Filia!
1592709237830.png
She would have to be censored though since she's got a short skirt (I think turning the tights into leggings would be fine). The midriff would probably look a little odd on a Mii as well...

Ok maybe it's not a good idea. Still, some sort of Skullgirls content would be pretty neat. Even a Spirit event would be cool. Those character designs are so strong I'd probably try and get them all because of it.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Imagine if we see that immediately after Spring Man is revealed. That would be a gut punch of epic proportions.

Only ten minutes will be devoted to the ARMS rep, the rest will just be a tour of Sakurai's house. Out of those 25 minutes, ten will be devoted to Sakurai's cats, another ten will be for his collection of consoles and controllers, and only five will be left for the house itself.
Now you're just breaking my heart:sadsheep:

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman

She would have to be censored though since she's got a short skirt (I think turning the tights into leggings would be fine). The midriff would probably look a little odd on a Mii as well...

Ok maybe it's not a good idea. Still, some sort of Skullgirls content would be pretty neat. Even a Spirit event would be cool. Those character designs are so strong I'd probably try and get them all because of it.
I know they censored the artwork for spirits but have they ever had to censor an outfit for a mii costume? Either way I'm all for Skullgirls in Smash

Trevenant

Smash Lord

Guess that explains the 35 minutes. ARMS can't have an extensive history section so Sakurai will go on a tangent explaining the history of his house and how much he loves his cat.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Tifa Mii Brawler, Barret Mii Gunner and Sephiroth Mii Swordsman if none of them are going to be playable.

Course it'll never happen cuz we can't even get more music from FFVII (JENOVA, Crazy Motorcycle, One Winged Angel I cry everytime)

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Now you're just breaking my heart:sadsheep:
Hey, look on the bright side: c a t

Filia!
-snip-​

Hmm... Kinda iffy on that one. Sans and Cuphead fit the Mii's proportions fairly well, and it's fairly easy to give them a gun. Brawlers are supposed to fight barehanded, and her proportions are a bit more realistic.
Shovel Knight and the Knight of Hallownest would probably fit the Mii's a bit better.
(Note that "Knight of Hallownest" isn't an official name, just feels better to say than "Shovel Knight and the Knight")

volbound1700

Smash Master
So if I had to pick the new character, here is my rank based on my theory of who is next (NOT WHO I WANT):

1. Pokemon rep tied to the new Pokemon Expansion announcement (I can't even remember the Pokemon game's name so that shows you how much of a fan that I am of Pokemon)

2. Heihachi

3. Rayman

4. Geno

5. Crash Bandicoot

I think #3 - #5 are far less likely than #1 and #2.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The best part about the presentation being at Sakurai's house...

Is that we can create a stage based on his house in stage builder!

Is it creepy? Perhaps. But it'll complete my Sakurai shrine!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The best part about the presentation being at Sakurai's house...

Is that we can create a stage based on his house in stage builder!

Is it creepy? Perhaps. But it'll complete my Sakurai shrine!
Sakurai after checking shared content following the presentation:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
35 minutes in Sakurai's house - 25 minutes for Min Min, 10 minutes for Sakurai cooking some ramen for us in his kitchen. Perfect.

Alternatively, 25 minutes for Ribbon Girl, 10 minutes of Sakurai showing us how best to curl a ribbon with scissors.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
35 minutes in Sakurai's house - 25 minutes for Min Min, 10 minutes for Sakurai cooking some ramen for us in his kitchen. Perfect.

Alternatively, 25 minutes for Ribbon Girl, 10 minutes of Sakurai showing us how best to curl a ribbon with scissors.
25 minutes for Helix, 10 minutes of making homemade goop.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

We'll finally find out if Sakurai has his own Batcave or not.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
If only every other fighting game did that.
Mortal Kombat did. They announced their whole Kombat Pack at once, then released them one by one.

Granted, that was only for the first pass. There's the three extras that came with the expansion and there's datamine evidence of at least one more pack coming.

But hey, we could have it like Soul Calibur 6 as well - you thought the wait from Byleth to ARMS was bad? We could have that long of a wait between every character!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Mortal Kombat did. They announced their whole Kombat Pack at once, then released them one by one.

Granted, that was only for the first pass. There's the three extras that came with the expansion and there's datamine evidence of at least one more pack coming.

But hey, we could have it like Soul Calibur 6 as well - you thought the wait from Byleth to ARMS was bad? We could have that long of a wait between every character!
Didn’t SFV do something like that too?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Y'know, I haven't seen many people talk about Ribbon Girl outside of her being an alt.

Just sayin', if ATs really do deconfirm and people wanna stand by the "main character first" standard, she's also on the front of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom