• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Better to dive into his moveset with little hope for his viability than to expect greatness from him and experience crushing disappointment when he sucks.
Can confirm this mindset helps. It was a common talking point before the game's release that Ridley was low tier because of his size and whatnot. I was pleasantly surprised to see that he did pack some firepower that helped him be a mid tier. I treated Ridley as the mid tier gatekeeper, he was at the precise point where a Smash character is mid tier. But I'm not sure if he still has that role ever since he got slight buffs.

For Byleth the only thing that could hold me back from liking him is his speed. How slow is he? We saw Sakurai compare him to Robin's speed which is NOT a good sign whatsoever. We'll have to wait and see but at the moment I'm lowering my expectations for Byleth.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Would anyone be opposed to BotW Zelda being a new challenger? Maybe Challenger Pack 11?

I know it’ll probably be a minute before we see BotW 2, but it just got me thinking.

It would be a great way to add another Zelda character and promote the new BotW. Just a thought.

And no, she wouldn’t be an echo fighter of Zelda. I picture her using the champion’s abilities like Link can. And before the whole “Zelda never used them though!” Ness and Lucas don’t use a major of their smash moves in their home game. Also, Robin never uses Nosferatu in his/her home game.

Thoughts? Reactions if it happened?
I'm totally open for BOTW2 Zelda as a costume... But I really hope another character. The only triforce wielder I could like isbpig Ganon, and he would be completely different from dorf (not even the same bodytipe)

But what if we give your idea to say... Kass.

Would love. Away to rep the 4 champions powers and kass is a central point to them *wink wink*
BOTW 2 Zelda in Smash ? I have to say, if we HAVE to get another Zelda as a newcomer, I would much prefer a completly different archetype, like a Music Based moveset with SS Zelda (Which is always what I wished Sheik would have instead of being a Smash OC), or the Phantom Armor with Spirit Zelda, it would offer something really new while sticking to that dumb rule of "Triforce Users only" (Which I don't believe, but let's humor it since the conversation is about that)
But if we really have to get Triforce Users ... We could at least get the different characters that had them, like Yuga for the ToP, or Midna and Tetra for the ToW, it would offer some variety in this ... Sad Zelda roster ...

In anyways, being an active member of the Zelda fanbase in Smash, people seem pretty open to a lot of different characters, even if they have their favorite, you're gonna see things like Toad Vs Waluigi Vs Geno way more often than Midna Vs Skull Kid Vs Impa, Zelda fans are pretty inclusive in general
Yet, noone talks about kass :(

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone be opposed to BotW Zelda being a new challenger? Maybe Challenger Pack 11?

I know it’ll probably be a minute before we see BotW 2, but it just got me thinking.

It would be a great way to add another Zelda character and promote the new BotW. Just a thought.

And no, she wouldn’t be an echo fighter of Zelda. I picture her using the champion’s abilities like Link can. And before the whole “Zelda never used them though!” Ness and Lucas don’t use a major of their smash moves in their home game. Also, Robin never uses Nosferatu in his/her home game.

Thoughts? Reactions if it happened?
Thing is BOTW Zelda as a stand-alone newcomer makes little sense. That’s more of a redesign type thing like TP Link being changed to BOTW Link in ultimate. I mean she isn’t happening anyway because Sakurai himself said that she couldn’t even be used as a redesign for the current Zelda. If she can’t even be a redesign then she hasn’t got a shot in hell in being a stand-alone newcomer.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
For Byleth the only thing that could hold me back from liking him is his speed. How slow is he? We saw Sakurai compare him to Robin's speed which is NOT a good sign whatsoever. We'll have to wait and see but at the moment I'm lowering my expectations for Byleth.
to me that pretty positive. Robin isnt all that slow to me

Now if he compared him to Ganon, THAT would be a problem. That dude is as slow as molasses that is holding 100 pounds of weight

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
to me that pretty positive. Robin isnt all that slow to me

Now if he compared him to Ganon, THAT would be a problem. That dude is as slow as molasses that is holding 100 pounds of weight
Robin has a slower run speed than Ganondorf. The only character they outspeed is Incineroar.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
i have seen people say they dont want dante because they dont want another bayonetta combo crazy character. but dantre doesn't combo in his games vertically like bayonetta does. generally, he takes an enemy up and then he brings them back down. you can see that when you watch videos of people that have mastered the combat in each game.

also if dante got in id expect him to have frame data worse than Bayonetta does.
Bayonetta sucks so I'd welcome Dante with open arms if they make him enjoyable like she used to be (post patched smash 4 Bayonetta.) It's tiring having to put up with her appalling frame data.

They'd be beyond stupid if they make any character with worse off frame data than Bayonetta and are asking for people to not be interested in said character, so I hope that won't happen, for any character actually.

Last edited:

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
This was a post I made titled 'Top 10 Fighting Game characters I want playable in Smash'

Pretty simple, but as the title states, I'll be listing the top 10 fighting game characters I want in Smash.... This game or the next.

Let's just get right into it I guess:

Bonus: Rayman (Brawlhalla)
While i would like to see 'Brawhalla' get its own rep that isn't Rayman, I think Rayman would work as a 'Brawlhalla' rep. Don't you think?

10. Aegislash (Pokkén Tournament)
This one might be cheating, since this is a fighting game soley based off a heavily-repped property... But I think Aegislash could work in Smash. He has a moveset thanks to Pokkén... Just add some new stuff and bring him over already!

9. Akuma (Street Fighter AND Tekken)
Akuma is a popular character that could represent 2 popular fighting games. While he would be pushed in as a Street Fighter Rep, he'd still be a good rep for tekken, because he was still a guest character and main story character in Tekken 7.

8. Mileena (Mortal Kombat)
She's a girl... And a villian... We don't have either of those in the current round of Smash Ultimate DLC. Plus, we don't have any Mortal Kombat characters in Smash yet. She could easily be dialed down a bit to be less violent so that she could be in Smash...

7. Uh... Master Chief? (Dead or Alive)
While it wasn't technically master chief in 'Dead or Alive,' it was still a spartan. I've never played 'Halo' but Master Cheif and the spartans are the same thing.... Right? Sorry if i just offended your manhood, Greg.

6. Guillotine (Marvel Contest of Champions)
While she and her robotic copy "Guillotine 2099" are still Marvel characters, they were created for the mobile fighting game 'Contest of Champions.' She uses a sword, but she definately has some good moveset potential.

5. Ultron Sigma (Marvel vs Capcom)
A fusion of Marvel's Ultron, & the Megaman Series' Sigma, Ultron Sigma is a force to be reckoned with. He could be a cool way to represent Marvel Comics, if they don't use Guillotine.

4. Dark Kahn (Mortal Kombat vs The DC Universe)
Another fusion character, but this time of a DC character & a Mortal Kombat character. Shao Kahn & Darkseid fused into this powerful beast in 'Mortal Kombat vs The DC Universe.' He has a whole moveset that was taken from other fighters in that game, and using these moves in Smash could be a decent shoutout to those characters.

3. Kratos (Mortal Kombat, & many more)
Kratos is no stranger to being represented in games outside of his home series 'God of War.' He was the first guest character to ever appear in a Mortal Kombat game, being a PS3 exclusive base-game character. He was also in Soul Calibur, among other games.

2. Heihachi (Tekken , Soul Calibur)
Heihachi is the face of the Tekken series, and has had a Mii Costume in Sm4sh, which disappeared in ultimate. He is notably slow in his home series, which could limitnhis options... Although, he is much faster and powerful in Soul Calibur 2, and a moveset could be pulled from both series. Also, seeing Link, Heihachi, & Ryu go at it together again would be magical for many Soul Calibur & Street Fighter fans.

1. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
A pipe-dream of mine ever since I first played Sm4sh way back in 2015. Sm4sh was my first Smash, & 'Mortal Kombat 2009' was a game I loved for years before. He needs to "GET OVER HERE" already!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Less then 24 hours until the roster hits an massive 80 playable characters (82 if you count Pokemon Trainer separate).

And still 6 more two go through supposedly two years of speculation!

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Less then 24 hours until the roster hits an massive 80 playable characters (82 if you count Pokemon Trainer separate).

And still 6 more two go through supposedly two years of speculation!
We don’t know when it will be. Not necessarily 24 hours except that it’s tomorrow

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
So dose that mean
:ultridley::ultsimon::ultisabelle::ultken::ultincineroar::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:&:ult_terry: are not happening then?
Terry was leaked by Nintendo, everyone and their mother was calling Terry after the SNK trademark got dropped. Also Sabi did not leak any Smash character whatsoever, I dunno why people keep giving someone with no credible record for Smash this much attention.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I plan on posting two Streets of Rage movesets eventually.
I hope the second one is Skate.

Simply put, a smash attack version of sword dance, except you can start with any part of the dance that you want to. Blaze's smash attacks, while weak, can chain into special moves, other smash attacks, and even her jab attack.
I don't know if that was intentional or if I'm overthinking it, but constantly flicking the smash stick around in various directions would be kind of like a dance. There is timing, rhythm, and even different motions for one sequence. I like that a core part of her move list revolves around this since she's a dancer. Her basic combo is a 6-hit attack but two of the moves hit twice, so it's four button presses. Guess what? Lambada is a four-beat dance. Mad props if that wasn't a coincidence.

A mechanic unique to Blaze is that she also has the series' first grab cancel. Holding the shield button during a grab/grab attack causes Blaze to jump away from the opponent after grabbing them.
Oh s*** I forgot that you can vault over grappled enemies in Streets of Rage. That's better than waiting for the opponent to break out imo.

Final Smash: Squad Drive-by

Blaze summons her friend on the police force who drives up and fires a bazooka which causes a huge explosion.
Streets of Rage may have abandoned you, Good Cop, but not Super Smash. Not bad, Ri. I would have posted the knee pummel but other than that you did all right.

Anywho, Byleth is almost out. I can't wait to try them out. The first thing I'm going to do is get the Claude spirit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
THEY ARE FINALLY COMING!!!!!

Mod edit: This isn't the thread for this

Last edited by a moderator:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Say what you will about MandyCan but at least he is not being vague about what he leaks. Legit or not, i prefer that approach over "oh yeah, i totally know what's coming but i'm not sure. My sources could be wrong but guys, trust me. I'm a trustworthy person"

Screw that noise. Also, MandyCan said Crash so he is totally cool in my book #NoBias

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Amazing how quickly Vergeben's and Sabi's kill lists for the identity of FP5 - which, y'know, turned out to be accurate - can fade from memory. Or let, let me guess: Those were all only lucky guesses, and because they didn't actually say "Byleth", it's not worth anything.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
After the stunts last year with the Jonesy stuff, I don't put value in anything Sabi says.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Literally the only Smash thing Sabi's gotten right is that Terry's announcement would "completely change speculation" or something. Like, it's pretty clearly referring to the additional post pass content but it's steeped in so much vague bull **** that it's almost not worth noting at all.

Sabi has no viable Smash-related track record.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Literally the only Smash thing Sabi's gotten right is that Terry's announcement would "completely change speculation" or something. Like, it's pretty clearly referring to the additional post pass content but it's steeped in so much vague bull **** that it's almost not worth noting at all.

Sabi has no viable Smash-related track record.
Sabi cant even get their ego and narcissism right and under control, we cant expect them to get smash stuff right

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

God, I'm as hyped for the Fantastic Four DLC as staindgrey staindgrey is hyped for RE3 Remake.

Been waiting for it ever since it was announced at E3.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Amazing how quickly Vergeben's and Sabi's kill lists for the identity of FP5 - which, y'know, turned out to be accurate - can fade from memory. Or let, let me guess: Those were all only lucky guesses, and because they didn't actually say "Byleth", it's not worth anything.
Vergeben used to be able to give us names months in advance during the base roster. He doesn't do that anymore.

If playing guess who with us is all they're going to be doing with us now and then reveal stuff at the last millisecond then it's really not worth listening to them anymore.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I don't trust MandyCan because the circumstances surrounding them are too suspicious, but I will give them credit for saying their piece and then just. stopping. They're here, they're saying their "leak", they aren't trying to force a weird cult of personality like Sabi and similar.

Sabi has been trying to string people along in regards to Smash for ages. And I say this as someone who HAS gotten a completely legitimate leak from them in the past. They've been trying to be all buddy-buddy "hey you guys trust me! #sabisquad am I right?" while not actually providing any concrete information. They want the fame and the influence but none of the actual repercussions and if Terry and then Byleth did one thing it was completely upset speculation and get the focus off these people trying so hard to be your "friend" that totally knows a guy who knows a guy whose dad works at Nintendo.

It's just schoolyard rumors for a new generation. We should treat them as such.

XHero

Banned via Warnings
Here is who I think will be in the next fighter pass
1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Dante from Devil May Cry
3. Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes
4. Cinderace from Pokemon Sword & Pokemon Shield
5. Doomfist from Overwatch
6. Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Didn't they say at first that it wasn't a Nintendo character? I don't really care if they eventually "corrected" it.

If anything it gives credence to the face that they're wrong a lot of the time. A healthy dose of skepticism with anyone, including a few leakers that have sources, is a good thing.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't trust MandyCan because the circumstances surrounding them are too suspicious, but I will give them credit for saying their piece and then just. stopping. They're here, they're saying their "leak", they aren't trying to force a weird cult of personality like Sabi and similar.

Sabi has been trying to string people along in regards to Smash for ages. And I say this as someone who HAS gotten a completely legitimate leak from them in the past. They've been trying to be all buddy-buddy "hey you guys trust me! #sabisquad am I right?" while not actually providing any concrete information. They want the fame and the influence but none of the actual repercussions and if Terry and then Byleth did one thing it was completely upset speculation and get the focus off these people trying so hard to be your "friend" that totally knows a guy who knows a guy whose dad works at Nintendo.

It's just schoolyard rumors for a new generation. We should treat them as such.
Plus whose to say MandyCan piggybacked on other sources?

I would love for it to be Crash next but I have a feeling something is kinda off...

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

I would love for it to be Crash next but I have a feeling something is kinda off...
My big thing is that it's very easy to fake predictions, especially if you do it on a locked or otherwise unknown Twitter account and then delete all the ones that didn't come true before un-privating and spreading the links. The Wayback Machine doesn't have any archived version of that page before the day they started gaining traction, not even to the October date where the Byleth tweet was made, so we have no way to check that.

That said, because they are doing it so simply, it's very easy to prove or disprove them. Either Crash is next, or he isn't. It's the same reason I enjoy leaks with easy kill dates - they're binary. They don't string you along.

XHero

Banned via Warnings
Crash is probably challenger pack 6, they have to get people excited again after the Byleth reveal

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Crash is probably challenger pack 6, they have to get people excited again after the Byleth reveal
They need to get people excited again after revealing a new fighter pass. Byleth has nothing to do with it, since the people who bought FP1 already paid for it. No matter who they ended on, they'd need to start with a heavy hitter for FP2.

It literally has nothing to do with Byleth lmao. It's basic marketing.

D

Deleted member

I believe he piggybacked Jon’s no smash at tag joke tweet and dark clouds direct dates

we knew botw 2 wasent gonna be shown & mk11 was anyway

he’s like a second muguwus

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Who’s Muguwus? I keep hearing ppl here talking about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom