• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I would laugh my ass off if that were the cause. However, I doubt it happens. I due hope they announce another FE game soon just to make the extreme anti-FE bite their nails xD
I dont doubt for a minute that you want to spite people, yes.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
That's what I'm hoping with certain series. I would buy Mii Costumes is they did come with more music.

Looking at two examples so far of what would be great.

Akira Yuki with a remix of a Virtua Fighter Theme
Rabbids hat with the main battle theme of Kingdom Battle.

Like seriously give me more music.
Where is my Goemon remix???? WHERE!?!?! :c

An assasins creed remix would also be pretty dope. as well as a papyrus swordfighter with bonetrousle. And i doubt much people would complain against 2 megaman X remixes for X and Zero .

I honestly would even pay 1 buck instead of 0.75 for this bundles.

Oh.. and a tifa brawler with.... any FF song honestly.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It is funny to me if nothing else that we did end the Fighters Pass with a first party. Really does go to show that, as mentioned before, Fan rules really mean jack. The Smash team is going to do whatever it feels like doing, and that's fine by my book.

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
Given how huge Musou games are, I feel like a DW rep is still a possibility, even if I am placing money on it being Lu Bu if we get one. Since it popularized and basically made the Musou subgenre and the fact Koei has been making Musou's of Nintendo properties, I feel like DW warrants something in Smash. Of course Ninja Gaiden is the more likely choice for a series from Koei to be repped on though Dynasty Warriors would be unexpected but still make some sort of sense.
This keeps coming up, and I really don’t understand why so many people think this is a good idea. Dynasty Warriors characters are book characters in a video game that interprets the book(s). I know the musou series is huge but they are all based on other material.

For a parallel, they would not nominate Cats for an Academy award for Best original screenplay because it’s an interpretation of the original broadway play, not a wholly original work.

I don’t think Lu Bu should be nominated as a video game character for the same reason.

Spirits or a Spirit Board or something is okay, just to give them something, but including a Musou character as a Video game all-star is too much for me.

Besides, if we’re gonna break the video game character rule, there’s plenty of better choices anyway.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Speaking of fan theories... What do you all reckon will happen with these two:

1. Spirits will not be upgraded into fighters (let's throw assist trophy upgrades in here as well).

2. Spirit board events mean no fighters are coming from that franchise.

I'm betting that both of these end up staying true with the next fighter pass. The off chance of it being broken would come from a Pokemon rep and/or a spirit upgrade as one of the six.

I.D.

Smash Lord

1. Spirits will not be upgraded into fighters (let's throw assist trophy upgrades in here as well).

I'm betting that both of these end up staying true with the next fighter pass. The off chance of it being broken would come from a Pokemon rep and/or a spirit upgrade as one of the six.
Both of them obviously stay true. Byleth, savior of first parties, had the spirit board of his game delayed so it would come with him instead. No upgrades are going to happen.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

1. that will be debunked. at least for base roster spirits. ATs are still a no go.

2. That, however, will hold up.

Arcari17

Smash Rookie

I'm throwing a 100% confidence vote on that 2nd rule being broken by a Gen 8 Pokemon. Especially with Sw/Sh DLC around the corner? No way Nintendo is gonna let the chance of getting a Gen 8 Pokemon into Ultimate slide by.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Assist Trophies Disconfirm is the next rule to be broken... mark my words.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I'm throwing a 100% confidence vote on that 2nd rule being broken by a Gen 8 Pokemon. Especially with Sw/Sh DLC around the corner? No way Nintendo is gonna let the chance of getting a Gen 8 Pokemon into Ultimate slide by.
Actually, yeah, a shillmon still sounds plausible.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Does anyone think that Sakurai is maybe building up to an indie rep? We got Sans as a Mii w/a song, then the same for Cuphead. Maybe the Knight from Hollow Knight? I have some personal bias, but I'm not sure which indie game is bigger than those.
I'd give it a solid maybe but probably not for the Knight. I think I read somewhere that HK is far more popular in the West. Might be a bit of a reverse Reimu type deal. Feel like he's a near lock for a special Mii Costume though

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was thinking... what if some of the new DLC Mii costumes (not the ones from SSB4) were characters that Nintendo suggested to Sakurai for the Fighter Passes?

Rex
Slime
Team Rocket
Goemon
Sans
Nakoruru
Iori Yagami
Altair
Rabbid
Cuphead

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

I think that it depends when are those decisions made. the first season pass was already decided when Ultimate went live, so no AT's or Spirits, but this could easily change in season 2 that wasn't decided by then. Is for example, bomberman posible? i think yes, but he still would need to compete against Dante, Doomguy, POkemon shill pick, and everyone else. means that while posible, doesn't means it will happen.

Spirits events are similar in teh sense that Resident Evil for example is not happening in FP2. but who knows that if in 2021 nintendo may consider a fighter pass 3, RE could be possible (but again posible doesn't menas it would happen).

Basically Sakurai knows who the fighters are once they are decided, as so, he is gonna provide the "consolation prizes" to everyone not those, meaning, deconfirmation.
On the other hand, if in teh future nintendo or sakurai wants to make a fighter that have been already a spirit/At, they won't limit themselves because they already recieved a "Consolation prize".

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
That legendary fighting bear Pokémon from the first SwSh DLC pack is going to be the Gen 8 rep we get in the next pass. Just watch.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Well, I get **** for liking the franchise from a majority of the smash community... so can you blame me?
no ur supposed to be the better person even though the people telling you that will just use that as an excuse to get away with insulting you without repercussion

come on ur supposed to subscribe to the blatant double standard ive set out since i dont like the vidya gaems you like and that makes you my mortal enemie and you must DIE!!1!!

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
This keeps coming up, and I really don’t understand why so many people think this is a good idea. Dynasty Warriors characters are book characters in a video game that interprets the book(s). I know the musou series is huge but they are all based on other material.

Enough Talk! Have at you!

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace

For a parallel, they would not nominate Cats for an Academy award for Best original screenplay because it’s an interpretation of the original broadway play, not a wholly original work.

I don’t think Lu Bu should be nominated as a video game character for the same reason.

Spirits or a Spirit Board or something is okay, just to give them something, but including a Musou character as a Video game all-star is too much for me.

Besides, if we’re gonna break the video game character rule, there’s plenty of better choices anyway.

Lu Bu in ROTK/History obviously isn't viable. But the Lu Bu in Dynasty Warriors is a video game character. In the same vein Joker uses Arsene and Dracula is a boss due to Castlevania. This is their interpretation of a classic figure.

Even though by this logic, Geralt, who I see get requested now and then shouldn't be eligible too due to Witcher being based off books.

Dynasty Warriors is basically Koei's idea of Romance of the Three Kingdoms instead of ROTK itself. And if I remember right, ROTK is public domain and characters like Arsene and Dracula are public domain too so the versions of them made specifically for their games are qualified. If it was straight up ROTK Lu Bu then I agree but this is Dynasty Warriors Lu Bu.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice

I'm thinking both will be broken by the next batch of characters with Geno getting upgraded to playable (this passes B&K IMO) and us getting an 8th gen Pokemon at some point.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Ryuta Kawashima is in the game, people put too much stock in Sakurai's words.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Assist Trophies Disconfirm is the next rule to be broken... mark my words.
I'm fairly sure Waluigi is going to happen. Yes it is weird with the Assist Trophy being there, but so is Chrom chilling with Robin, celebrating Chrom being killed by Chrom in Robin's Final Smash.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I'm fairly sure Waluigi is going to happen. Yes it is weird with the Assist Trophy being there, but so is Chrom chilling with Robin, celebrating Chrom being killed by Chrom in Robin's Final Smash.
Or the AT just doesn’t activate if the character is being used.

Goombaic

Smash Ace

I think the second point should only apply to the characters in the event, not the whole series. Nemesis is still possible for Resident Evil. Several Pokemon are still possible. In a hypothetical Xenoblade DE event, Cross and Lora would still be possible (if it only includes XC1 characters).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
ok but consider

playable Mecha-Fiora

and she won't appear in Shulk's Final Smash if she's on the field, like how Falco's Arwing disappears from Fox's FS when Falco's on the field and vice versa

D

Deleted member

Inappropriate content (removed)
Is it weird that Byleth's moveset looks more appropiate for the Monster hunter?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So this could be misinformation but I'm probably the not the only one who has realised this about Verge or Sabi. The deconfirmation game that was played was because their contact would be more easily caught out. Coping from the wiki about Byleth is the following but what Sakurai kinda said.

"Byleth's development was worked in secret; even Nintendo worldwide did not know about this inclusion. Only the development team and stockholders knew."
Its a random fact that it means that their contact for one of the two is based right in those parts of Nintendo. Anyone else find it interesting?

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Well, I get **** for liking the franchise from a majority of the smash community... so can you blame me?
Considering that FE fans without fail gloat and rub it in everyone's faces with stale twitter memes when they get yet another character, yes I can actually. You do yourself and FE no favors when you do that.

You'll get no sympathy from me.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
So this could be misinformation but I'm probably the not the only one who has realised this about Verge or Sabi. The deconfirmation game that was played was because their contact would be more easily caught out. Coping from the wiki about Byleth is the following but what Sakurai kinda said.

"Byleth's development was worked in secret; even Nintendo worldwide did not know about this inclusion. Only the development team and stockholders knew."
Its a random fact that it means that their contact for one of the two is based right in those parts of Nintendo. Anyone else find it interesting?
Isn’t Sabi that person that is very vague about everything Smash related so she could never be proven wrong?

And I remember Verge knowing about the base game but I haven’t been keeping up with what he’s been saying for DLC. Has he been spot on with that?

Honestly, I stopped following Smash speculation because I have a hard time believing most things “leakers” say anymore.

D

Deleted member

Or the contact might know one of the persons in that group, but we should have seen it coming after that game of "Guess who?"

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I'd give it a solid maybe but probably not for the Knight. I think I read somewhere that HK is far more popular in the West. Might be a bit of a reverse Reimu type deal. Feel like he's a near lock for a special Mii Costume though
Yeah, I was thinking maybe a Mii sword fighter costume for him too. More wishful thinking on my part for a full blown fighter, I just love that game.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Considering that FE fans without fail gloat and rub it in everyone's faces with stale twitter memes when they get yet another character, yes I can actually. You do yourself and FE no favors when you do that.

You'll get no sympathy from me.
We have been given **** since Robin and Lucina ( a game where we only had 4 characters at the base game), and the twitter memes argument doesn¨t work since that one has occurred with every DLC character so far. Hoes Mad is a meme in it of itself at this point and will reoccur for the 6th as well

Attachments

Last edited:

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone think that Sakurai is maybe building up to an indie rep? We got Sans as a Mii w/a song, then the same for Cuphead. Maybe the Knight from Hollow Knight? I have some personal bias, but I'm not sure which indie game is bigger than those.
I'm starting to think that we will see more indie characters, but only as Mii costumes.
I wanted Cuphead so bad and I want the Knight too, but I don't know if we'll ever get him...

Ivander

Smash Legend
Is it weird that Byleth's moveset looks more appropiate for the Monster hunter?
Only the Axe and somewhat the Bow. Monster Hunter has no Whip swords, they wield their Lance very differently from Byleth and Dimitri and they do not use the Bow itself for attacking, instead they attack directly with their arrows when attacking up close.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Since Nintendo confirmed in a press release that Fighter Pass 2 characters will have stages, spirits, etc, this is what we could expect:

Pass Pre-order exclusive bonus: Ancient Soldier Gear costume set (Mii Swordsman)

Challenger Pack 6
1 new fighter
1 new stage
Several new music tracks
1 Spirit Board theme

Extra Mii Fighter Costumes - Round #6

Challenger Pack 7
1 new fighter
1 new stage
Several new music tracks
1 Spirit Board theme

Extra Mii Fighter Costumes - Round #7

Challenger Pack 8
1 new fighter
1 new stage
Several new music tracks
1 Spirit Board theme

Extra Mii Fighter Costumes - Round #8

Challenger Pack 9
1 new fighter
1 new stage
Several new music tracks
1 Spirit Board theme

Extra Mii Fighter Costumes - Round #9

Challenger Pack 10
1 new fighter
1 new stage
Several new music tracks
1 Spirit Board theme

Extra Mii Fighter Costumes - Round #10

Challenger Pack 11
1 new fighter
1 new stage
Several new music tracks
1 Spirit Board theme

Extra Mii Fighter Costumes - Round #11

After Fighters Pass 2 has concluded:

- The character count, including Echo Fighters, will be at 86 (88 if you count the Pokémon Trainer Pokémon separately).
- The stage count will be at 114 (332 with standard, battlefield, and omega variants).
- Who knows how many music tracks we'll get?
- 11 DLC Spirit Board themes.

Wow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom