• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I know this joke is inappropriate, but...

The Pokemon fanbase and Smash fanbase are currently having a contest to see who can complain more about their game's DLC.
I knew Byleth was gonna blow up the fans, but I don't really see what the Pokémon fans have to complain about in regards to their DLC.

EDIT: At least, not yet anyway...

You really don’t think there aren’t too many FE characters?
Impossible. You can't have too many characters.

You can have not enough characters however...

Last edited:

AlgusUnderdunk

Smash Ace
Remember when FE had a double character reveal in an epic fight with Captain Falcon? Now it's just, "huh, is that Smash over there? Guess I'll walk over to it. Doop doop doo."

Looking at YOU, Corrin and Byleth.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Wait, ****, Lesley deleted her account? Heh heh heh, well, that's one end to this arc.

Still, I need to know. Ben Holt Ben Holt maybe you can help me out. Is she happy or not?

The reason it doesn't say Assassin's Creed in the English stream is because the word "Assassin" is not for good boys and girls.
Well yeah, it says Ass twice.

No I don't care that N3ON did this joke before I did I thought of it before reading her post it's only fair

SKX31

Smash Master
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 It says Super Smash Bros. X Assassin's Creed in the Japanese stream. Not sure why we got the weird one.
Could just be a screwup: perhaps they accidentally pulled it from the DS game's title:

Still, it leaves Ezio as an intriguing but really uncertain option here.

That means we'll get 3 fighters per year
The most important thing is that Sakurai and Sora Ltd. are not rushed with development. Which is good considering Sakurai's health issues in the past.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
View attachment 257957

Man, I am just blazing through these.

(this isn't exclusive to the boards this is filled out based on all my Smash communities)
Ohhh dibs!

Okay, not going to the Byleth support thread to be a jerk, but I think I can get the rest.

The Waluigi thread size is so big, obviously he should be in over Byleth. Waluigi fans should BTFO. Literally, who is Byleth? At least they'll cut down him and seven other Fire Emblem characters in the next game. I told you all that Edelgard had no chance. This was a shill pick to promote 3 houses dlc "the fifth house".... I don't want to use slurs so I'm going to keep it tame and say 'weeb pick'. One time Freduardo said "Bonk is obviously next" and he was wrong, take that Fred. At least it wasn't Freddy Fazbear. Pepe for Fire Emblem. Unless the next Fire Emblem game is a direct sequel to 3 Houses, Byleth is irrelevant (unlike Geno and Bonk, who I support), Captain Crunch for Smash, Sakurai needs to retire until I see Captain Crunch in Smash (I legit have a character roster for cereal mascot smash. I did one for General Mills and one for Kellogg's.) And of course we could see from the trailer that Byleth is just a Jigglypuff clone.

There. Did you bingo?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There are other Zelda characters besides Link that could’ve been used, but that was just an example.

Too many FE characters.

Other series exist too.

You really don’t think there aren’t too many FE characters?
Characters aren't the only part of representation.

And I don't. They're all interesting and only two are Echoes, with a third one not even being a full clone anymore. They're sweet additions.

Zelda still has some recurring characters left, but it has multiple items(more than FE has), significantly more unique stages(more than FE has), though around the same amount of Spirits/Trophies and music now(Zelda always started with more music at the time). Tingle, Pig Ganon, and Impa are the easiest ones to use and would be great to have in. They all have tons of unique potential. Though only one represents the core set of characters.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I know this joke is inappropriate, but...

The Pokemon fanbase and Smash fanbase are currently having a contest to see who can complain more about their game's DLC.
Kinda why I take long breaks from visiting online communities for games. I've found out that I enjoy my life more and the games I play without the unnecessary community infighting.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I seriously wonder if Intelligent Systems can get another Fire Emblem going in time to be Fighter 11. If they're already working on it, it could be it.

Or maybe they're doing another Advance Wars and we getting Andy can I see my man Ura Ura up in here?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
6 more chances for Sakurai to put in 2B.

Don't mess it up.
I would rather have Sora tbh.

I knew Byleth was gonna blow up the fans, but I don't really see what the Pokémon fans have to complain about in regards to their DLC.

EDIT: At least, not yet anyway...
Mostly that sword and shield are obviously incomplete and rushed games and charging 30 dollars to get what was obviously supposed to be in the game from the beginning seems a little too sketchy. If the DlC was like 10 or 15 dollars I would be fine with it but 30 is too mucn.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Let people who enjoy it enjoy, let people who don't enjoy it not enjoy it. If people are being civil, just let them be, without whinging, gloating, raging, or teasing. People are entitled to feel what they want. Expecting everyone to be pleased with every character is some crazy sycophantic business you mostly only see on Smashboards. And expecting someone to share your upset is self-centred.

However you feel now, it's probably the case that at some point you felt the opposite about some other reveal or deconfirmation. So just, don't antagonize people. It's just a game.

The objective thing is Byleth is on the roster, how people feel about it is up to them. Positive or negative, the only problematic reactions come from those who can't take things in stride.

AlgusUnderdunk

Smash Ace
Kinda why I take long breaks from visiting online communities for games. I've found out that I enjoy my life more and the games I play without the unnecessary community infighting.
Speaking of, I think it's time for me to return to my ashen heap and slumber until the next game, see everyone for Smash Bros Fisticuffs.

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
At least in social media, it seems like female Byleth is the one more often used.

I have no idea what the actual numbers are, though. Having both genders available for your player character is fairly common now.
In Fire Emblem: Three Houses? Well that's cool I guess. More reason for me to try the game.

Also I totally just clicked on the Jill Support thread in your sig. Definitely got to join that.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ohhh dibs!

Okay, not going to the Byleth support thread to be a jerk, but I think I can get the rest.

The Waluigi thread size is so big, obviously he should be in over Byleth. Waluigi fans should BTFO. Literally, who is Byleth? At least they'll cut down him and seven other Fire Emblem characters in the next game. I told you all that Edelgard had no chance. This was a shill pick to promote 3 houses dlc "the fifth house".... I don't want to use slurs so I'm going to keep it tame and say 'weeb pick'. One time Freduardo said "Bonk is obviously next" and he was wrong, take that Fred. At least it wasn't Freddy Fazbear. Pepe for Fire Emblem. Unless the next Fire Emblem game is a direct sequel to 3 Houses, Byleth is irrelevant (unlike Geno and Bonk, who I support), Captain Crunch for Smash, Sakurai needs to retire until I see Captain Crunch in Smash (I legit have a character roster for cereal mascot smash. I did one for General Mills and one for Kellogg's.) And of course we could see from the trailer that Byleth is just a Jigglypuff clone.

There. Did you bingo?
bingo card.png

I sure did, buddy.

After I posted that, I saw someone in one of my Discord servers complain about "shill pick".

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Even if that was really disappointing, it is kind of painful to see Sword and Shield level dislikes on the videos.

This game gave everyone Ridley, K Rool, and freakin Banjo for goodness sake.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There are currently no Fire Emblem: Three Houses spirits in the game so I don't know what you're getting at.
The contents of Fighter Pass 1 were decided October 2018 at the earliest, but it's possible it was finalized even earlier than that.

Point is, they knew Three Houses was getting a character for quite some time, hence why the Spirit Board was never made. We don't know the exact date of when the second pass was finalized and when the DLC Spirit Boards began development.

I seriously wonder if Intelligent Systems can get another Fire Emblem going in time to be Fighter 11. If they're already working on it, it could be it.
Woah, slow down there, cowboy! One should be enough for this game's DLC (I hope).

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
She committed account delete.

No seriously she deleted her account before the stream started.
To her defense where she is living at seems to be dealing with a crisis involving a volcano, so she has more than justified priorities to attend to.
I just hope they are doing alright.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Lmao some friends of mine did a live reaction I had to drop out of and one dude ****ing screamed about Altair. Shame AssCreed's likely out for the other 6 then
Nah nah nah, **** off. Ezio is Fighter 6 *****.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

Or maybe they're doing another Advance Wars and we getting Andy can I see my man Ura Ura up in here?
Well the rumor mill is that there are going to be remakes of FE 6/7 so I doubt were getting Roy 2 lol

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
ita because people are babies whos body is 100% salt and feel the need to dislike bomb the thung they dont like
Agree, I'm happy with Byleth in Smash.
My most wanted fighters might have a chance of getting into the 2nd Fighters Pass. (I have 16 most wanted, 8 first party reps and 8 third party reps.)

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Even if that was really disappointing, it is kind of painful to see Sword and Shield level dislikes on the videos.

This game gave everyone Ridley, K Rool, and freakin Banjo for goodness sake.
Yup especially since its a complete 180 from how Three Houses was viewed a month ago, like us Fire Emblem fans had voted for it to be the fan favorite game at TGA's because many of us myself included felt it deserved more nominations including GOTY.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Ohhh dibs!

There. Did you bingo?
Man, I got her a Bingo, but you just gave her the whole Blackout! lol

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Well if markomaro is to be believed, IntSys is working on a Paper Mario 64 Remake, a new WarioWare Switch, Fire Emblem 7/6 remake, and a new Advance Wars Mobile title.

If the AW Mobile rumor is true, it would give Andy a huge boost given how luctative Nintendo's mobile business is. They would want to make that IP visible to the kind of audience Smash Ultimate has to really make it thrive. Also, given how there's no competiton on the FE side with Byleth in and 1st parties are living, I can't see this as a bad thing for Andy.

Also in this presentation alone, Advance Wars was referenced and dodged the Mii Costume bullet so I believe there's hope.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that the Spirit Event is all we're getting in terms of Sword & Shield representation.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Even the DLC trailer for Three Houses is being disliked bombed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5USF9-BtoY&t=0s
Within the span of 35 minutes Three Houses went from being one of the most loved games of 2019 to now one of the most hated.
Awful, horrible, done by bad people

dislike bombing helps nothing, like, it's expected that the Smash videos would get dislike bombed, but the Cindered Ash trailer? really? People need to grow up

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Six Fighters left to go. They're challenger packs, which mean the following content: Stages, Music, and Spirits, though whether or not they'll be part of their own Spirit Boards or not has yet to be seen. But in order to get everybody on board, we need somebody to kick off Fighter's Pass Volume 2 by the next reveal. I believe this will happen in extremely late March, if not April. Smash prefers expanding the crossover to arming franchises for the most part, and considering last pass, I think the third party train isn't coming to a close even if it won't be pure third party.

My criteria are the following for the six characters I think Post-Pass will consist of.
  • Spirits, Assist Trophies, and Mii Costumes relevant to the base game are promotable! Bosses are a bit of a grey area, too, but I don't think any of them besides Master Hand and Marx would stand a chance anyway.
  • Paid DLC content is totally out of the game. We will not get paid DLC Mii Promotions or Spirit Board promotions. Major characters out include:
    • Yu Narukami
    • Protagonists (Persona 3)
    • Slime
    • Goemon
    • Zero
    • Sans
    • Nakoruru
    • Rabbids
    • Cuphead
  • In theory, everything else has a cutoff date of September 6th, 2019: everything from before that day is alive, the rest is history.
  • Because we are getting the works, new franchises will probably be picked over ones with reps, though that's no longer a guarantee and I will account for those.
  • Characters I don't mention are honorable mentions, including but not limited to:
    • Frisk* (Frisk is a low tier HM, because their series has a paid DLC song that comes with Sans)
    • Reimu
    • Shantae
    • Shovel Knight
    • Ryu Hayabusa
    • Kazuma Kiryu
    • Dr. Eggman
    • 2B
    • Tracer
    • Master Chief
    • Steve
    • Another Kirby character
    • Another Zelda character
    • Another Pokémon.
    • This is where I would have said Edelgard/Byleth, and, well... :ultbyleth: is a thing now. Other FE characters are still possible, but unlikely.
    • Geno
    • Paper Mario
    • Isaac
    • A retro character
    • Somebody owned by Sony.
    • Somebody owned by Konami.
    • Somebody owned by Capcom.
  1. Crash Bandicoot: A character to get everybody extremely hyped and guns blazing for the pass to drive sales. Crash Bandicoot came back to roaring success not once, but twice, with several considering his games to be fantastic and overall, I think he's a strong candidate for leading the pass.
  2. One of the following three characters, to make the west **** their pants. I'm expecting another E3 dual reveal, except in reverse order this time.
    1. The Doom Slayer, the FPS equivalent to Hero in terms of what his series did for his genre. DOOM has also seen a major increase in popularity and focus.
    2. Rayman, to inaugurate Spirit promotions. Ubisoft and Nintendo have been very buddy-buddy in terms of Smash Bros., and overall it's just something that feels like the next step.
    3. Lara Croft, a double girls event. Lara Croft is an outright household name in the west. What she herself has done for the gaming world cannot be understated.
  3. Arle Nadja, to make Japan **** their pants. A lot of the reasoning I give seems to stand to this day, and I think that while she wasn't really in contention for FP5 (as much as I'd fantasized over it), she's gonna be in the post-pass.
  4. Travis Touchdown, a relatively personal pick, and the most "low-key" of the third parties. Still, I believe in Travis right now, and I think his time is now.
  5. From here we get to one of two big first party characters. Bandana Waddle Dee has been snubbed over and over, but I think this is his time. Bandana Waddle Dee would be an easy promotional pick for any potential Kirby games that's also a huge fan favorite.
  6. The final character of all Smash time. Expecting somebody else? Too bad! Waluigi time. Waluigi speaks for himself.
If we somehow get to a Pass 3 I'd explode, but that's not going to happen since that would mean Sakurai and friends have been working on Smash every year for a decade. That's insane.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
F!Byleth is ****ing gorgeous, yo. Like, she was hot in Three Houses but DAMN!

Gimmick-Hater

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, Byleth doesn't seem that interesting to me. I'm happy for the fans of the character, but it kind of felt like Sakurai was trying to hard to make Byleth's gimmick seem more unique than it actually is. It's really no different than any other character switching to different weapons for their attacks (Ex: Noctis from Tekken 7, or even Pit in this game.) That's just my take though.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Can you imagine if they didn't announce more DLC, and Byleth was the last character added to Ultimate? Wew lad the salt would be legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom