• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This is terrible

Why not just rename the game Fire Emblem Smash and get rid of all other characters? Anime sword players galore...
Look man I'm not a fan of the character or Fire Emblem, but this quote makes you look like a saltlord.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Man, I, I feel some intense disappointment right now. I love FE, I liked TH a lot, but Byleth just doesn’t do anything for me.

I just wish Sakurai hadn’t hyped it up so much before the trailer. I went in with pretty low expectations, but him going on about how this character was so mysterious even Nintendo didn’t know who it was, I was getting pumped... and then it’s just Blankslate Mcwhipsword.

Edit: Sorry for the salt. Honest congrats to people that wanted them, I know that sounds hollow but I really do like seeing people get excited about new Smash characters, and I hope some of you got that way for Byleth :)

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Altair over Ezio is BULL****!
This means Ezio has a chance of being in Fighter's pass 2 though...
Also notice how it said "Smash Bros x Altair" instead of "Smash Bros x Assassin's Creed?"

.....this just got more interesting.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just because we got our usual FE rep, doesn’t magically make them likely.

If anything, this proved anymore first parties to be even more unlikely. This should’ve proved without a shadow of a doubt that Spirits deconfirm.

Good luck trying to scrape for first parties that aren’t Spirits.
This reeks of moving the goalpost so hard.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Personally I'm happy that Three Houses is getting representation, it was my GotY for 2019, so if anything I'm at least happy we got music. Byleth as a character does nothing for me though, neither in the game or Smash, where as Edelgard was one of my most wanted, so I'm not so much disappointed that we're getting more Fire Emblem as I am that they just chose the wrong character for me. I'm not exactly devastated, I straight up don't think I can be with this game, but it's always a bit of a bummer when a character you want bites the dust.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Definitely wasn't expecting Byleth. While I'm not particularly interested in another FE addition, at least Byleth breaks the mold for FE characters.

D

Deleted member

So, since I'm at work and we had a bit of a crisis for a little bit, I couldn't catch all the direct; just bits and pieces (I had it on silently in the background so i could peak at the direct every other minute).

I saw that Byleth has like 4 other weapons in addition to a sword. Are they just different smash attacks or can he switch between the different weapons?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Altair over Ezio is BULL****!
What I wanna know is why he's considered to be from the Altair "series". We've had some incorrect classifications before what with Persona 5 being just one game and all, but Altair is literally just one character unless I'm missing something.

Too bad Lesley didn't stick it out to see a female character actually make it in the pass.
Interestingly, Byleth is the only character who's alternate costume appears alongside its default look in the fighters list.

EDIT: Also, female Byleth actually looks good in this game.

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
If there's one important takeaway from today, it's that all leakers, "speculators," and theorists were blown the **** out on this blessed day.

May we enter a new era of speculation not plagued by such egomaniacs and pests.
...no they really weren’t? As much as I was skeptical about Sabi and Verge, everything that’s happened related to them lines up with Byleth, especially when it comes to Sakurai’s claims about very little people knowing who it is. If anything, I have renewed faith in their sources.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
well looking at it one way Fire Emblem can't be one of the 6 Fighter Pass 2 characters right?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Byleth was my most wanted TH character, so I'm super hyped right now.

I don't care they don't have "personality", their design is sick and female Byleth looks adorable. Plus, I've been wanting a weapon triangle character for foreeeeeveeeerrrrr, I finally got what I wanted! FE representation is finally good!

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I’m not so sure

Did verge or sabi say anything about not being a first party character?
Vergeben did on his extended list, but of course he quickly backtracked from that. I don't think either's final lists included a blanket statement against first party characters.

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I shouldn't have doubted Belt Theory. It was right in front of me all this time...

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
This reeks of moving the goalpost so hard.
Literally the only new first party last game for DLC was a Fire Emblem character.

Starting to think, with how that was the only Spirit board that was missing, that it may be the case again.

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
Also if we are going to overload a series with “too many” characters it should not be FE.
Odd to put this series ahead of franchises that have been carrying the company since the 80s & continue to be popular

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm ok with it. I'd be tempted to go onto somewhere like GameFaqs or Reddit but I think the salinity of some people would be worse than the Dead Sea. Just try the character.
I'm pretty sure that a lot of GameFAQ users are more likely to be in a salty and rage mode knowing what they are like (which is a reason why I do not post on GameFAQs that much.)

I mean, as I said before, I don't have anything against Byleth at all.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
I was going to wish @Lesley Black Velvet a congratulations for technically getting a female character in the pass

But it seem she deleted her account, RIP

Notice in Byleth renders in the website, they put both Female and Male verisons together, unlike compared to Corrin and even Robin

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
reminder that edea now appears in not one but two smash character's movesets

1579187189466.png

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Weird they didn't label Altair as "Assassin's Creed"... very weird.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well if nothing else I hope Japan is ****ing happy with this pass. 80% of it is right up their alley. And even the other 20% isn't unpopular there.

Which means the ratio will now swap for pass two, right? R-right??

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Why not just rename the game Fire Emblem Smash and get rid of all other characters? Anime sword players galore...
Why not just rename the game Mario Smash and get rid of all the other characters? 90s platformer mascots galore...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What I wanna know is why he's considered to be from the Altair "series". We've had some incorrect classifications before what with Persona 5 being just one game and all, but Altair is literally just one character unless I'm missing something
That's cause the core game was Persona 5, not the Persona series by default.

Same with other similar ones. He's been fairly consistent about naming the actual game instead of just the series lately. Altair is the stand out. If that ain't a typo, it means AC isn't done yet. I mean, it could still be anyway, but eh.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
So, since I'm at work and we had a bit of a crisis for a little bit, I couldn't catch all the direct; just bits and pieces (I had it on silently in the background so i could peak at the direct every other minute).

I saw that Byleth has like 4 other weapons in addition to a sword. Are they just different smash attacks or can he switch between the different weapons?
Mixture of specials and smash, like a bow his B special.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Byleth was my most wanted TH character, so I'm super hyped right now.

I don't care they don't have "personality", their design is sick and female Byleth looks adorable. Plus, I've been wanting a weapon triangle character for foreeeeeveeeerrrrr, I finally got what I wanted! FE representation is finally good!
Hilariously the character that gave it to you comes from a game that doesn't have it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Being serious I'm probably gonna dip out of here for a bit too. I've got a lot of other things to worry about, and I'm not in the mood for more Smash Speculation rn. It's actually exhausting sticking around for this long.

Bya everyone! If you want to stay in touch you know where to find me.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
well looking at it one way Fire Emblem can't be one of the 6 Fighter Pass 2 characters right?
Yes, unless Nintendo decides to create a new Fire Emblem game between now and December 2021.

Last edited:

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
This is why you don't take conspiracy theories and rumors seriously. (I say while I lowkey was expecting Dante or Arle to be revealed today)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom