• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
6 more is absolutely mad, that'll make it 11 DLC characters, and 23 newcomers in total. Crazy game.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Pretty based Ngl.

Sakurai made Byleth to spite the Fire Emblem haters.

Also technically we did get a spirit event for TH so I was kinda sorta right, wasn't I.

Byleth new main. Excited for season 2.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Six... ****ing... fighters.

Not going to lie, I do think it's a bit of a shane to end the Pass on what most, not me personally, would consider a low note but the fact that we're indeed getting a whole nother Pass, with even more characters this time, is exciting. Byleth looks cool, there's more on the horizon, and the 3rd party rule? Oh ****.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
It felt like he was taking the piss through a good portion of that and I enjoyed it... You know the reaction videos are gonna be filled with a ton of ********

Kokiden

Smash Ace
What are the chances one of the characters in the next season pass will be another FE character? Lol

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I always figured they'd do another pass, but it's good to have confirmation. Buckle in for the ride!

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
Well the best thing from that was the cuphead costume, he looks like a real character! And the rabbids made me hopeful for rayman

Kronch

Smash Cadet
Pretty based Ngl.

Sakurai made Byleth to spite the Fire Emblem haters.

Also technically we did get a spirit event for TH so I was kinda sorta right, wasn't I.

Byleth new main. Excited for season 2.
Hard agree

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Well, that was probably the most disappointing Smash Direct of all time...

Cuphead Mii and 6 more characters were the only high points.

Even the "all pass 2 characters will be out by December 2021" bit is disappointing...it means they could take up to TWO YEARS to put out the next 6 characters...

Last edited:

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
Again, worst timeline ever, where mii costumes are more original than the main character
Yes this is the worst timeline, where people can’t comprehend others like different type of characters that ARE NOT 3rd party.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
All these FE characters and Zelda still doesn't have a newcomer. :(
Zelda doesn't really need one, like I've said before, Zelda's newest game (not counting Link's Awakening) is already represented fine through Link's new look and altered moveset as well as the Breath of the Wild stage. I mean, Zelda doesn't have a rotating case (unless you count reincarnation), unlike Fire Emblem, so its easier to represent without a newcomer.
I thought Sakurai said new worlds. Reggie just said new characters.
Technically speaking, Fódlan IS a new world lol
Because they didn't know.
Yup..like I've been saying for a while..notice how once DLC started they got suspiciously quiet? Just like with DB FighterZ, Verge had info about base, but not DLC.
So long as new FE games come out, they're always going to be in Smash it seems.

This is the most underwhelming reveal out of the 5 DLC tbh.
Fine with me, I love Fire Emblem..its one of my favorite 5 series along with Zelda, Persona, Kingdom Hearts, and Final Fantasy.
I cant imagine wanting 9 characters from your favorite series if there all similar 0_0
Well, I mean, the only similar ones are Marth, Roy, Lucina, and Chrom..with the last two being Echo Fighters and the last three in general being clones..I'd be more than fine with them being stacked with Marth.
Byleth, Robin, and Corrin are also VERY different from Marth (and his ilk) and Ike.
RIP No Annette in the background

View attachment 257948
No Bernie either..

What are the chances one of the characters in the next season pass will be another FE character? Lol
Well, I mean, there's no new game to add from and Lyn is stuck as an Assist Trophy..so there's that lol

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
So, does this mean the third pass will have SEVEN fighters? :D
Also, meh about Byleth, but I guess Sabi and Vergeben's deconfirmation list was spot-on.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
ONE OF MY TOP 5 IN BYLETH

UBISOFT AND CUPHEAD COSTUMES

FIGHTER PASS 2

WITH SIX MORE CHARACTERS IN TOTAL

AHHHHHHHH

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I guess I can accept cuphead getting a constellation prize that looks just like him maybe he’ll be the next king K. Rool for smash 6 (if it happens)

Oh yea I forgot verge and sabi are done for they said first party rep was a no I forgot they said it’s not a first party

But yay six more characters

And the best part of all everybody is back on the table

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom