• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Fair enough, but Pullum is just discount Rouge.
Normally I don't like provocative designs (and I'm sure she doesn't have proportions quite like this in Power Stone), but I actually really like this one for some reason. I think it's the colors. Also, I have a question:

Does she have a brother named Pushum?

EDIT: I misread this and thought the character's name was Pullum and Rogue was the character the other person was referring to. I knew the design was from Power Stone, I just don't know the characters by name (other than Edward Falcon).

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
So, dry of no new leaks.... Ugh.....
Still having a feeling that a playable Tales of rep would be announced alongside Kos-mos.

So if we get a playable Tales of rep along with a stage, but no spirit board, does it possibly mean that licensing issues may with the artwork used in the Tales of series may had prevented a Tales of series themed spirit board from happening?

KillerCage

Smash Master
I realized something.

WE DON'T HAVE ANY METAL GEAR RISING MUSIC!

Hands down, this is the best song of the soundtrack.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
If Namco-Bandai got a second character, who would you want it to be (not necessarily who you think is likely), and why?
Easy question! No doubt in my mind it would be Sergeant Corteh-

Oh right, Namco. Well for me it's a toss up between Klonoa and Jin Kazama.

Klonoa because he has a Pac-Man hat and it just makes me think of him as Pac-Man's Luigi.

Jin Kazama because he'd be a powerful brawler type character who has the Devil Gene to mix it up.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I realized something.

WE DON'T HAVE ANY METAL GEAR RISING MUSIC!

Hands down, this is the best song of the soundtrack.
If we're getting any DLC music packs, my absolute top wish for that would be a Metal Gear Rising pack (especially if they can keep the lyrics).

Other packs I'd love to see...
  • Final Fantasy music pack
  • Dragon Quest music pack
  • Paper Mario music pack
  • Octopath Traveler music pack
  • Astral Chain music pack
  • Monster Hunter music pack
  • Warriors Orochi music pack

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
They literally had an entire apology for Travis not being DLC on a livestream from what I can tell.

It’d be a huge reach to believe that they lied at this point.
I highly doubt it. The way Suda was with the no Travis thing seems like a hard deconfirm.
The bosses in NMH4 should all be parodies of characters in Smash!

Homura has been leaked as FP5.
You misread it. Nomura has been leaked as FP5. All characters are getting a new alt covered in belts and zippers.

I'd buy music packs over Mii costumes any day. I don't know if Nihon Falcom is getting in 100%, but a company like that makes good music and can use the exposure; it'd be a great consolation prize.
I don't think music packs actually give exposure though.

Smash has lots of tracks where I know nothing about the game its from, and aren't inspired to learn more. But a Mii Costume is a CHARACTER. And that will always pique my curiosity.

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Anyone still down for Pokemon talk? Felt like making another list and decided to rank Pokemon this time. There's so much potential in a lot of these Pokemon as full-fledged fighters.

I honestly wouldn't object a fighter pass of just Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

You misread it. Nomura has been leaked as FP5. All characters are getting a new alt covered in belts and zippers.
I'd be okay with this just because I'd love to see how Mr. Game & Watch or Piranha Plant would look.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Anyone still down for Pokemon talk? Felt like making another list and decided to rank Pokemon this time. There's so much potential in a lot of these Pokemon as full-fledged fighters.

Personally my most wanted 8 gen character would be Intelleon. He's not my favorite design, but I think Sakurai could make really good use of his spy theme (just like he make genius usage of Incineroar wrestler theme).

D

Deleted member

Do they come in the same pass as Mario2?

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Personally my most wanted 8 gen character would be Intelleon. He's not my favorite design, but I think Sakurai could make really good use of his spy theme (just like he make genius usage of Incineroar wrestler theme).
Eh, I don't know. I think Inteleon would turn out nearly exactly like Greninja if anything because to me spies are modern ninjas.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Eh, I don't know. I think Inteleon would turn out nearly exactly like Greninja if anything because to me spies are modern ninjas.
Greninja is more combo based and have more physical moves. I imagine Intelleon being more a zoner. He also use his tail like a knife to attack at long range.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I just remembered: there was another indie character that survived Vergeben's massacre.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Greninja is more combo based and have more physical moves. I imagine Intelleon being more a zoner. He also use his tail like a knife to attack at long range.
I can see Inteleon being more range based by primarily attacking with sniper shots and what not, but I think the similarities to Greninja would still be there. At most, I believe Inteleon would be to Greninja what Falco is to Fox, does that make sense?

KillerCage

Smash Master
A beat 'em up character? How boring! His moveset would literally be a copy-paste.

...I hate this argument so much I wanna punch myself for even making the joke.
You do realize that Dust: an Elysian Tail is a metroidvania game?
If Dust were to get into Smash, he would be a trio character like Duck Hunt: Dust himself, his sword Ahrah, and his nimbat companion Fidget.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You do realize that Dust: an Elysian Tail is a metroidvania game?
If Dust were to get into Smash, he would be a trio character like Duck Hunt: Dust himself, his sword Ahrah, and his nimbat companion Fidget.
Could've fooled me. I think he'd be cool regardless of the genre though. I just don't know much about Dust: An Elysian Tale.

Also, if Sonic from Sonic and the Black Knight became the next fighter, would he be considered a duo fighter since his sword is sapient?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I do play it.

I boot it up to the CSS and stare at it.

Isn't that the game?
Wrong. You're supposed to look at the title screen when a new character is added and see if there's a new company credited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom