• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
RUDE!
Dust was made by one guy and the fact the game's look and feel is as good as Muramasa is incredible.

And both games are fun by the way!
I wouldn't say it looks as good as Muramasa, but for the work of only one guy, it is incredibly good.
I can't speak to anything else though, as it didn't really catch my interest, so I didn't try it.

D

Deleted member

Ummm...apparently from what I've heard at the Saber for Smash discord, Sabi's discord server got nuked.

True?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Explain! EXPLAIN!!!
Since it involves some drama in the background, I am not going to explain (this isn't drama class)

Just know that A. Server is poof and B. There's a new server

Let us save the drama for the Llama!

To move away from this crazed topic, maybe we could discuss personal wants? Not want because of a trend or want because best selling series. Want because I want them.

For me, that will always be Otto Matic:

I loved this game as a child and would love to see the robot return for one last battle.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Anyone still down for Pokemon talk? Felt like making another list and decided to rank Pokemon this time. There's so much potential in a lot of these Pokemon as full-fledged fighters.

I honestly wouldn't object a fighter pass of just Pokemon.
I definitely would want Gardevoir, Primarina, Lycanroc, Hawlucha, and Cinderace as my five choices. Especially Hawlucha, I mean we have Incineroar as the Pokemon wrestling heel, so why not add a face as Pokemon wrestler too.
I just remembered: there was another indie character that survived Vergeben's massacre.

I feel ashamed for not remembering him for Smash considering how much I love his game (I gotta complete the last part when I get my PS4)

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Since it involves some drama in the background, I am not going to explain (this isn't drama class)

Just know that A. Server is poof and B. There's a new server

Let us save the drama for the Llama!

To move away from this crazed topic, maybe we could discuss personal wants? Not want because of a trend or want because best selling series. Want because I want them.

I loved this game as a child and would love to see the robot return for one last battle.
Okay.

To follow your example, I did try to do so with Dust: an Elysian Tail as shown from my earlier post.
I just remembered: there was another indie character that survived Vergeben's massacre.

Unfortunately, it didn't pan out.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I never heard of Dust until now but I am sold. Muramasa was my s***. You did good, Cage. You did good.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
On a serious note now it doesn't seem impossibe for an indie character to get in Smash

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So the discord got nuked. So was FP5 revealed and the Ninjas got to Sabi, heavy drama, or did it crash?

Goombaic

Smash Ace
I definitely would want Gardevoir, Primarina, Lycanroc, Hawlucha, and Cinderace as my five choices. Especially Hawlucha, I mean we have Incineroar as the Pokemon wrestling heel, so why not add a face as Pokemon wrestler too.
My ideal pass would have Toxtricity, Gengar, Deoxys, Wobbuffet, and Zygarde for the sake of representing a different gen each (still no Gen 5 as it should be :)). Really, anything the Pokemon I didn't list as echoes/semi-clones could bring to the table would be so distant from the fighters we have already. There's Hawlucha as a face wrestler as you said, Zygarde could have a transformation gimmick where it transforms and gets stronger the more it fights, Wobbuffet could only fight by timing counter attacks, Deoxys could change between its different forms with different properties like the Monado arts, etc. Pokemon are so cool, man.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
You kids all hopped up on Dust with your funny skeleton men and your fighting bug-people...

Back in my day, we didn't jump all over mountains or have any fancy, award-winning graphics to look at when we wanted to explore a troubled mind.
We rode our bike around psychadelic dreams in bizarre pixelated worlds, then memed about a weird little ghost face!

But it really is weird how little attention Yume Nikki seems to get in indie discussions even after getting a remake (for better or worse).

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Sabi’s Discord likely got shot down because of the Pokémon leaks and what not. Nothing Smash related.

Hopefully this leads to Sabi more or less leaving the discussion, because they’re just constantly seeking attention and it’s tiring at this point.

Krankees

Smash Ace
I feel like if any indie made it to be a playable character, it would be Quote from Cave Story (Unless he was deconfirmed). I haven't played Cave Story yet, but I know it was a big indie game.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Well if we're going for obscure/random characters Tak would make me pretty happy.
1576817395732.png
I don't think he'd appeal to too many people (though the series does have a following from what I understand) but Tak and the Great Juju Challenge is one of my favorite games from my Xbox days. The other ones being SSX Tricky, Pirates: Legend of the Black Kat, Ford Racing 3, Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes, and Mega Man Anniversary Collection.

Oh man an SSX Tricky stage would be the bomb. I could see it happening in another game as well. Not a character though, just a stage. Something like Aloha Ice Jam or Tokyo Megaplex.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Anyone still down for Pokemon talk? Felt like making another list and decided to rank Pokemon this time. There's so much potential in a lot of these Pokemon as full-fledged fighters.

I honestly wouldn't object a fighter pass of just Pokemon.
Probably a hot take, but I never got the desire to make Zeraora an echo of Lucario. They do share the same body type, but nothing about Lucario's moveset fits Zeraora as its fighting style is very aggressive from what is shown in its animations and bits of story, with a lot of emphasis being put on its claws in particular as they're noted and shown to be used to tear apart foes. Lucario by comparison is calm and refined in its style of fighting, similar to Tai Chi, which is the opposite of how Zeraora works as a character, and the characteristic claws of Zeraora are completely missing in Lucario's moveset. You'd have to change up the moveset to make Zeraora work as a clone of the character, and at that point it wouldn't be an Echo anymore. Same with Zoroark, except trade the claws for illusions and disguises.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Sabi’s Discord likely got shot down because of the Pokémon leaks and what not. Nothing Smash related.

Hopefully this leads to Sabi more or less leaving the discussion, because they’re just constantly seeking attention and it’s tiring at this point.
Sabi's discord wasn't part of the Pokemon leaks, though.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

My obscure want is Alley Cat.
The cat is named Freddy, but I prefer the character to be just Alley Cat, like Duck Hunt, because the character is not just the cat but the whole game (he can either be pixellated or 3D, but still pitch black with only the eyes visible).
He can leave dust on the ground and let the broom clean it later (damaging the enemies in the process); the cat can summon dogs, drop bait gifts and do some other stuff, such as let a cupid throw an arrow that has the same effect as the Animal Crossing trap.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Probably a hot take, but I never got the desire to make Zeraora an echo of Lucario. They do share the same body type, but nothing about Lucario's moveset fits Zeraora as its fighting style is very aggressive from what is shown in its animations and bits of story, with a lot of emphasis being put on its claws in particular as they're noted and shown to be used to tear apart foes. Lucario by comparison is calm and refined in its style of fighting, similar to Tai Chi, which is the opposite of how Zeraora works as a character, and the characteristic claws of Zeraora are completely missing in Lucario's moveset. You'd have to change up the moveset to make Zeraora work as a clone of the character, and at that point it wouldn't be an Echo anymore. Same with Zoroark, except trade the claws for illusions and disguises.
Semi-clones may not be the best word, but Zeraora and Zoroark could have their moveset based off Lucario's but still have enough differences to be distinguishable like characters like Roy, Wolf, etc. I doubt Zoroark's illusions would be utilized as a gimmick as there wouldn't be practical uses for a disguise in a fighting game environment than on a turn based RPG. Zoroark isn't a Shang Tsung type character that can mimic the moves of its opponents after taking their appearance. I only see Zoroark and Zeraora as Lucario but with claws and different final smashes.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Is it possible that someone could’ve quickly leaked FP5 on the Discord?

(I know its wishful thinking, but still)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

what sucks is they ****ing got a backup

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Drama, which we are not allowed to talk about because people are oversensitive to that
Here is another hot take.

I don’t understand why people on this forum feel that strongly about that.

Its people arguing on the internet who you will likely never meet irl. So why do people here treat it like its the end of the world or something?

Night Gale

Smash Ace
But it really is weird how little attention Yume Nikki seems to get in indie discussions even after getting a remake (for better or worse).
I bring it up when I can, GK.
Madotsuki from Yume Nikki
It was a good ass game; I enjoyed its ambiance and atmosphere. It left an impression on me that many could not.

Dream Diary, on the other hand, was something else entirely. lmao

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom