• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Shouldn’t a Spirit/Tourney announcement happen in a few minutes or so? Or even at 9 PM EST?

D

Deleted member

1) As for the Fire Emblem talk; I personally think Byleth would be the best choice but I totally understand wanting one of the three house lords as they all have much more personality and they'd represent things FE doesn't currently have. Personally as for the characters my preference would go Byleth > Dimitri > Claude > Edelgard but that's just me.

2) As for the Toad Talk I think Captain Toad would be the best out of the three as he has much more of a personality and unique potential than Toad has. I don't have a horse in the race so-to speak so I'd be fine with any three of them (Toad, Captain Toad or Toadette) though I'd prefer other Mario Characters (Paper Mario, Geno, Waluigi, etc.)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I really wish we had something Smash related announced at the Game Awards. A character, a date for a Smash related direct... anything. x_x
Nintendo: Lol nope gotta wait longer until until January so we can keep driving you all insane.
When do you guys think we will see a direct

January February or December ?
I'd love for December but that's wishful thinking. I'm honestly thinking January is most likely.

Still hoping for an Direct announcement tomorrow but I'm not counting on it.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Why is that a good thing? A Pokemon shouldn't have a moveset fully interchangeable with someone from another franchise. Greninja isn't interchangeable because no other ninja can squirt water to boost itself upwards or hit people with their tongue.
Who else would get Incineroar’s moveset, and has a realistic shot of being in Smash? Probably nobody.

Let’s not forget, Incineroar as a concept is based on the “heel” wrestler, fighting dirty and aggressive to be “the bad guy”. He taunts after every move if it’s executed correctly, etc. He has a ton of character.

I also feel as though the “unique so that you can’t slap it on another character” argument doesn’t hold up. We have several sword fighters that have movesets that could feasibly (and literally) be applied to another character on or off the roster.

Doesn’t mean I don’t think a flame belt wouldn’t be cool, but it’d have to fit into the moveset concept and actually work in the moveset. It’s not just about slapping a bunch of moves into a character, but to make the character functional, which for all intents and purposes, Incineroar is.

Compared to everybody else on the roster, Incineroar is quite unique, and he’s likely the best candidate for the “wrestler” moveset that we could have gotten, based on the mix of ability and series of origin.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
When do you guys think we will see a direct

January February or December ?
Early to mid February, more than likely.

January will be nothing but FE arguments, "But Vergeben said" debates, debates about whether or not we should trust Vergeben, and inevitable fake Direct leaks on 4chan.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Any FE Three Houses character would simply be a complete dud for me.

We don’t need anymore Fire Emblem characters. Period. The series has earned enough reps for Smash.
IF we were to get more Fire Emblem characters, I think there need to be some cuts.
I feel that while Roy was pushing it during Smash 4, Corrin broke the camel's back regarding people's interest in FE characters in Smash.
I believe the only reason Chrom got by was because of his "Echo Fighter" status.
Regardless of Three Houses' popularity, I don't think many people would be happy if another FE character got into Smash outside this forum.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Early to mid February, more than likely.

January will be nothing but FE arguments, "But Vergeben said" debates, debates about whether or not we should trust Vergeben, and inevitable fake Direct leaks on 4chan.
If we gotta wait until February I'm taking a break here...

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
If we gotta wait until February I'm taking a break here...
I mean, I'm only guessing. I'm no authority on the matter, just looking at what Nintendo's been doing with Directs in recent years and basing it off of that. The big ones for early year usually are February, March, and even as late as April.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean, I'm only guessing. I'm no authority on the matter, just looking at what Nintendo's been doing with Directs in recent years and basing it off of that. The big ones for early year usually are February or March.
If the direct and next reveal were to be in March.

https://i.imgflip.com/so5ya.jpg

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
in what's likely to be nintendo VS's last post before the company's christmas break:

surprised to see sakurai going for the january reveal but here we are

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We got... something

I can’t read Japanese so idk if it’s a spirit event or tourney but it’s something

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm more interested in the first post pass character than whoever FP5 is. I hope it's Waluigi but I'm not putting all my chips in just yet. The first post pass character will be a strong opening that will set the mood for speculation over the rest of the DLC. The possibilities are endless when it comes to who it could be.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
IF we were to get more Fire Emblem characters, I think there need to be some cuts.
I feel that while Roy was pushing it during Smash 4, Corrin broke the camel's back regarding people's interest in FE characters in Smash.
I believe the only reason Chrom got by was because of his "Echo Fighter" status.
Regardless of Three Houses' popularity, I don't think many people would be happy if another FE character got into Smash outside this forum.

Thats another thing.

Why does this board seem to be the only place on the internet that would welcome another Fire Emblem character with open arms?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
in what's likely to be nintendo VS's last post before the company's christmas break:

Really digging the redesign they gave Mt. Rushmore.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

So that's who Godzilla's up against next.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
It's an online tournament setting where the "everyone took a Super Mushroom" option is enabled. Move along, nothing to see here.

edit: and of course it's not a bloody spirit event, if it was it'd have A PICTURE OF THE NEW SPIRITS.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Thats another thing.

Why does this board seem to be the only place on the internet that would welcome another Fire Emblem character with open arms?
Actually, I've seen Reddit and Twitter opening up to more FE characters too, and I think it's simply because people actually care about the 3H cast. It's not like Corrin and Roy where people never really got a chance to explore and enjoy their characters prior to their Smash debut.

3H is special in the sense that it not only temporarily brought classic and new fans together, but also in the sense that its character writing is agreed to be some of the best in the series. Every character in the game has a fan of sort, and due to its massive success, people would like to see the game repped in Ultimate. Simple as that.

Honestly, any character should be welcomed with open arms, no matter how ridiculous. After all, many previous "never evers" got into Ultimate despite the backlash. I certainly don't think it harms anyone in the long run.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's an online tournament setting where the "everyone took a Super Mushroom" option is enabled. Move along, nothing to see here.
>Move along

Contrera, I’m a Toho fan.

“Everyone took a Super Mushroom” tournaments have been something I have been waiting for a good long time.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We got... something

I can’t read Japanese so idk if it’s a spirit event or tourney but it’s something
A tournament where everyone is big, therefore having increased weight.

Weight theory confirmed. :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

My main objective if I get Switch Online is to win this Kaiju tournament.

It is my destiny to achieve success on it as a Toho/Kaiju fan.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
If we are lucky, we will get a Smash direct announcement tomorrow. If not, we are looking at a January direct. Unless if Sakurai really wanted to do a "Here's the announcement of FP5, and oh, by the way, they are available right now!", which means we would have to wait two months for an announcement which will be painful.

D

Deleted member

Step 1: We pray my father gives me 15€ or more to pay my cinema ticket which a friend already bought for me.

Step 2: we use just the needed money and save what’s missing.

Step 3: We go to Media Markt or GAME with my friends before the movie starts or after.

Step 4: we pick a Switch Online gift card and pay it between all of us.

Step 5: sneak the gift card into my bedroom and quickly redeem the code before my parents find it.

Step 6: Blast through the weekend and the wait for the X-Men DLC by playing the new Smash Bros Tournament.

Operation: Metal Gear Online

D

Deleted member

Saying Byleth would function the same as the Belmonts because they both have whips is the same thing as saying that the sword wielders play the same because they have swords. They both have different distinct styles of using their whips.

I’m not sure how someone could defend Corrin but pull the same counterargument on Byleth is nothing short of hypocritical.
Bruh @ me if you're gonna try to call me out or at least read my post properly if you wanna put words in my mouth

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I would s*** my pants if Godzilla was legitimately announced for Smash. I'm a huge kaiju fan and Godzilla is a huge icon in Japan. Too bad he's too big.

D

Deleted member

I would s*** my pants if Godzilla was legitimately announced for Smash. I'm a huge kaiju fan and Godzilla is a huge icon in Japan. Too bad he's too big.
The solution is simple.

Jet Jaguar is the Toho rep.

His Final Smash is him turning giant and undirectly destroying the opponent while fighting Megalon. His stage features Godzilla fighting many other kaijus in the background.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
anyway regarding TH characters

no amount of whipsword, unique playstyle or not, is ever going to convince me that byleth is even a remotely interesting or worthwhile character to add to smash when far more interesting characters are wrestling for TH's most important character position

dimitri/edelgard or bust

D

Deleted member

Step 1: We pray my father gives me 15€ or more to pay my cinema ticket which a friend already bought for me.

Step 2: we use just the needed money and save what’s missing.

Step 3: We go to Media Markt or GAME with my friends before the movie starts or after.

Step 4: we pick a Switch Online gift card and pay it between all of us.

Step 5: sneak the gift card into my bedroom and quickly redeem the code before my parents find it.

Step 6: Blast through the weekend and the wait for the X-Men DLC by playing the new Smash Bros Tournament.

Operation: Metal Gear Online
I got you bro, no money required
https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/d51f712252a918da

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wouldn't it be great if we ended up getting an Smash Bros. style Godzilla fighting game as PSASBR and an TMNT game had done?

There was also a rumor that ArcSys was gonna do a Godzilla fighting game but that turned out to be false.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Actually, I've seen Reddit and Twitter opening up to more FE characters too, and I think it's simply because people actually care about the 3H cast. It's not like Corrin and Roy where people never really got a chance to explore and enjoy their characters prior to their Smash debut.

3H is special in the sense that it not only temporarily brought classic and new fans together, but also in the sense that its character writing is agreed to be some of the best in the series. Every character in the game has a fan of sort, and due to its massive success, people would like to see the game repped in Ultimate. Simple as that.

Honestly, any character should be welcomed with open arms, no matter how ridiculous. After all, many previous "never evers" got into Ultimate despite the backlash. I certainly don't think it harms anyone in the long run.
“Any character should be welcomed with open arms“

I know Sakurai has done more than enough for us, but you know people have a right to be disappointed, right?

D

Deleted member

“This reward isn’t available in the country your account is from”

F in the chat.

Thanks for the help doh.
Perhaps that's because I sent in the NoA link? Try seeing if it's available in the European My Nintendo site otherwise I guess it was a NoA exclusive deal rip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom