• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
to liven up the conversation: what non-character addition would you like to see?
It’ll never happen but I want another story mode. With full cutscenes and side scrolling gameplay.

Like I said, it’ll never happen. It was a massive undertaking and there’s no way they could do it.

But I want it

D

Deleted member

Good ****

Good ****
at first i didn't like scorbunny but then my sister chose and evolved it and long story short i love dumb emo raboot so much, put this emo teen into smash
also cinderace is a lesbian

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We aren't basing our guesses on what matters. The spicy curry animations.
Truly we need to think of a character that matches Incineroar somewhat.

:ultridley::ultjoker:=Destroyed safe assumptions about the newcomers.
:ultsimon::ulthero:=Castlevania and DQ are NES icons with castles involved. You can play as multiple protagonists from their series.
:ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie:=Rareware nostalgia
:ultisabelle::ult_terry:=Mascoty characters with yellow hair, a connection to canines, and drama in the Smash community.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not gonna happen but I'd want Sakurai to say "**** it" and just add Alcremie to Smash. I shouldn't like a sentient cream puff so much but here we are.
Well it's not like that would be a swerve into the unknown (at least if American advert descriptions are to be believed) :ultkirby:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Cinderace is my favorite, but I know Sakurai is probably hesitant to add it because people will be lunging at his throat for adding two fire type starters in a row, regardless of how unique he makes them.
Sakurai knew adding two sword users in a row would make people want his head regardless of how unique they are but he still added Corrin.

In other words, let's ****ing go!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
because people will be lunging at his throat for adding two fire type starters in a row
They should be complaining about three anthromorphic starters in a row instead. But they won't because Pokemon is reverse Zelda/FE.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
to liven up the conversation: what non-character addition would you like to see?
For starters, Mii costumes from smaller developers that don't have any characters in the game. They started a trend bundling that s*** with music and I hope it continues. There's also updates to online mode.

This next one isn't going to happen but Japan gets photo themed contests and we don't. I'm jealous; host that s*** globally at least once.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
It’ll never happen but I want another story mode. With full cutscenes and side scrolling gameplay.

Like I said, it’ll never happen. It was a massive undertaking and there’s no way they could do it.

But I want it
The same, except less cutscenes e more metroidvania style, with using the different characters' and spirit abilities to overcome obstacles, like walls that can only be climbed with Jump up or wall jumps, a corrdor with strong wind that only fast characters or a Speed up spirit can cross, a place where spirit buffs become debuffs and vice-versa, among other things.

Oh, and being able to choose your first character, not just force f'n Kirby becase f* you.

D

Deleted member

Give me more music for existing series, especially those unlikely to get a new fighter, and bring back some of the cut songs from Brawl and Smash 4. Ai no Uta was the best battle theme ever~

Also let me use the Super Mario World songs on Yoshi's Island (Melee).

D

Deleted member

I would love to see individual stage DLC, more music from existing series (maybe even add the full version of the DK rap if possible) and an option to replay the spirit battles of the ones you’ve already beaten on the spirit gallery.

D

Deleted member

(maybe even add the full version of the DK rap if possible)
When I modded Smash 4, I made it my mission to have as many versions of the DK Rap as possible. I kept the cut version, but renamed it to FU Rap and then added the uncut version.

SKX31

Smash Master

:ultsimon::ulthero:=Castlevania and DQ are NES icons with castles involved. You can play as multiple protagonists from their series.
:ultisabelle::ult_terry:=Mascoty characters with yellow hair, a connection to canines, and drama in the Smash community.
For :ultincineroar: - now I'm gonna hardcore speculate - (Sarah) Kerrigan perhaps?

Atypical brawlers / wrestlers who have potential inbuilt buff mechanics (Incineroars' Revenge, Kerrigans' Creep which could grant her a movespeed buff whereever the infestation is on the stage).

I'm honestly struggling to see many other options. Heihachi maybe, since he has EWGF and other Tekken moves. Heihachi (as well as Kazuya / Jin) are not the kind of brawlers Incin is though - that'd be more (Armor) King's forte. Maaybe Siegfried / Nightmare? Could see them too.

Still, it's difficult to tell.

[Insert FF conte-]

Outside of that I really would like more camoes a la SNK. Like Yoshimitsu showing up if either Tekken or SoulCal gets in, some more minor nods regardless of who - or even stuff like the Virtual Boy making another cameo. Hey, it's been in a past Smash game... :4pacman:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Rollback Netcode would be a nice non-character addition.

I haven’t been here for most of the fighter pass, so....

I vote Earthworm Jim. OG Pig Ganon(A Link to the Past) as a runner-up.

andree123

Smash Ace

:ultken: and Kos-mos= leaked/rumored fighters that anyone doesn't care about them being in.
:ultincineroar: and Lloyd Irving= The most hated characters ever in the smash community, both taken a slot of their most wanted character to be a fighter (Yuri and Decidueye) in the Pokemon community and Tales of community.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
You dodged my question completely. Who do you think FP5 is, removing spirits and assist trophies out of the equation?

And yes, Reggies statement after Jokers reveal was when he was still the NOA CEO, so I’d still take it seriously.

Its no coincidence that the first four FP characters all have never appeared in a Smash game in any way, shape or form.
Yeah, because I don't remove spirits or assist trophies from the equation. But if you're so insistent on that being the case, who do you think it is?

And I'm unless I'm really mistaken, not even Reggie's actual statement was all that clear-cut. I'm pretty sure that all he said that was that the character would be "new to the [Smash Bros.] series", which only really says that they're not veterans.

Uncut "Engage the Enemy".

at first i didn't like scorbunny but then my sister chose and evolved it and long story short i love dumb emo raboot so much, put this emo teen into smash
also cinderace is a lesbian
I knew there was a reason why my Scorbunny ended up being female without me actually trying for one!

This is my most wanted Pokémon Sword & Shield rep

Great, as if people weren't complaining about the new Pokémon looking like Digimon enough already.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

:ultincineroar::ultpiranha: = Disappointments

There, found the connection

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I need Squad Strike Online.

And I would appreciate Smash Run, although we’re not getting new modes anymore.

Also... I would love the option to add stocks to Multi Man Smash. Not only that, but Squad Strike Multi Man would be excellent.

Oh... and add 2 more players option (4-total) to Squad Strike. And teams.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

:ultken::ultincineroar:=Fully leaked characters that we pretty much knew were coming. Moreso than Hero who was somewhat of a mystery even with the datamine(which we wouldn't know it was SE-related if Verge and Tansut weren't around).

D

Deleted member

Just checked, Engage the Enemy is still in the game (unless there’s a non Xenoblade song with the same name).
It's not that it's removed, it's that there's about 20 seconds of song that was cut out, and the cut is extremely obvious to anyone who's heard the original.

For reference: the original and the smash version. The missing part starts at 1:40.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom