• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Alright guys, this is it. The last character, only a few hours left. After this, it’ll all be over.

Until they announce the post-pass DLC and we have to deal with this for another year.
bold of you to assume we're getting a reveal tonight

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
So… on a more positive note... Three Houses won the TGA players vote, beating out Death Stranding, Jedi: Fallen Order, and even Smash!
I didn't even realize voting was going on until the second day of that, and at that point FFXIV was knocked out. :-(

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
"A character from a recently released game wouldn't be an advertisement choice like a character that was from a recently released game was."

A reminder that Fates was already released in Japan on June 25 2015 before Corrin was announced for DLC in December and released in February. And Fire Emblem Three Houses came out in July 26, meaning that if a Three Houses character is announced for DLC, it'll be in the same timespan as between Fates and Corrin's DLC release.
there's a difference between having to bestly consider a character due to a upcoming western release a months after its DLC is out to an already successful FE title that's released worldwide and is deem a possible contender for a Season 2 DLC lineup; maybe later on the line too.

that is what i meant by hindsighted

D

Deleted member

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE, AND TODAY WE'RE ON THE FINAL HOURS BEFORE TGA!

Did any of the higher-ups go for last-minute deconfirms or nah?

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I remember during last year's VGAs I was hoping for a Banjo Smash announcement. Joker was amazing but I was still holding out hope for my boy. What a difference a year makes.

Imagine your most-wanted character not being in Smash in right now. That'd SUCK. lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE, AND TODAY WE'RE ON THE FINAL HOURS BEFORE TGA!

Did any of the higher-ups go for last-minute deconfirms or nah?
Well Wayforward did confirm that Shantae and the Seven Sirens got delayed to Spring next year and there will be a trailer but not necessarily at VGA.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I remember during last year's VGAs I was hoping for a Banjo Smash announcement. Joker was amazing but I was still holding out hope for my boy. What a difference a year makes.

Imagine your most-wanted character not being in Smash in right now. That'd SUCK. lol
That's 90% of the community to be honest

D

Deleted member

I think regardless of whether we get a reveal tonight or not I'm not gonna be sticking around for post-pass content. The past couple of months have frankly sucked most of the fun out of speculation for me and since I've gotten my most-wanted already the "fun" was the only thing keeping me around.
I'mma take the advice from the main man Reggie on this one

Last edited by a moderator:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I'm going to school, and TGA takes place when I'm at it. I'm just gonna believe somebody is getting in Smash and wait for school to finish.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Meanwhile, Joker was my most-wanted pipe dream. Now I have Travis and 2B, with Phoenix as my realistic most-wanted. Meanwhile, my partner's most-wanteds are Travis and Sora and my best friend's most-wanted is KOS-MOS.

We live in weird times where any of these are possible.

Tony Scott

Smash Rookie
I hope its not Kosmos not for the fact that I dislike Kosmos I just can’t picture them adding 2b/A2 in later FP if Kosmos gets in. 2 robot waifu’s as dlc would prob rub people the wrong way even though they are completely different.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm willing to bet this thread will hit 1750 pages before the VGAs even start at this rate.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Meanwhile, Joker was my most-wanted pipe dream. Now I have Travis and 2B, with Phoenix as my realistic most-wanted. Meanwhile, my partner's most-wanteds are Travis and Sora and my best friend's most-wanted is KOS-MOS.

Many years ago I joined the forum of a fangame (Smash Bros Crusade) and suggested Touhou content in it, though I was said that it was unfitting, too Japanese, and stuff.
Now Reimu is a possibility. The world is werd, offcourse.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

I loved ppl who wanted Joker because they were all like, "this is a stupid ask because there's no shot but I really think this deserves to be in Smash".

Then the VGAs came and lit up all your souls aha

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
My most wanted was actually Ridley and I was so happy that he was in. I'm a little bit disappointed that my other most wanted are not in, but in the end it's still a very good selection of newcomer overall so far.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I loved ppl who wanted Joker because they were all like, "this is a stupid ask because there's no shot but I really think this deserves to be in Smash".

My screams were heard for miles, I'm pretty sure.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I hope its not Kosmos not for the fact that I dislike Kosmos I just can’t picture them adding 2b/A2 in later FP if Kosmos gets in. 2 robot waifu’s as dlc would prob rub people the wrong way even though they are completely different.
We currently have two JRPG characters in the fighter pass so I doubt Sakurai wouldn't consider 2B just because KOS-MOS got in.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
My most wanted is trapped in a trophy and sadly he won't escape from it any time soon. My two pipe dream picks are Kratos and Gordon Freeman. I don't think they'll happen, but hey, a man can dream.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

I didn't know I wanted Joker in Smash until he was announced lol
Seriously, I had a crazy reaction. Etika style.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
While Terry was an out-of-the-blue pick, Joker has truly been the biggest "WTF?!?!?!?! NANI?!?!?!?!?" of the pass.

Im hoping we get another one of those tn

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
My most wanted was Banjo ever since we first started DLC in SSB4 but now that we finally have him my next dream is now Reimu.
And not because of the leaks but I really liked Touhou so Reimu was my best pick only next to Banjo himself.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman

Joker may not be most wanted but he was a pleasant surprise. Dante on the other hand I feel is being overlooked by a lot of people maybe due to how his games were never on Nintendo consoles. Now that they are and dmc3 is coming to the switch probably second best dmc besides dmc5. Hopefully people will give the games a try. Dante being in smash I think he would be a fun character due to massive move set potential he has. (I know this could be said about a lot of characters let me just give support to my fav character lol)

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I got Sonic, Metaknight and King Dedede in Brawl, though I didn't like their moveset and abandoned them early. Stuck with Kirby since Smash 64.
I got none of my most wanted in Smash 4, but I got Villager, Megaman, Pacman, Ryu, Rosalina, Bowser Jr and some others who I was happy to see even if they weren't on my wanted list (the same happend for Inkling and Piranha Plant in Ultimate).

My most wanted in Brawl was Geno (I also wanted Adeleine but it was unlikely to get her in the same game after getting MK and Dedede), then my most wanted became Adeleine and stayed that way so far, the only thing that changed is that now it's a duo with Ribbon. No luck so far, not even a spirit. I hope things will change in the future.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Only less then 4 hours until the VGA. What have I been missing out? Anything new from Vergeben, Gregory, Sabi or any other insiders?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
All my most wanted were from Base. While I enjoyed the DLC overall, I really wanted King K. Rool and Ridley. And legitimately wanted Chrom after the Palutena's Guidance and Lucina reveal were done. If it wasn't both, it might've made me shrug, but he felt done so dirty. A lot of other characters who were AT'd, costume'd, or alt'd didn't feel remotely like this in comparison. So seeing him in was awesome.

Well, Simon too, but that was a Captain N thing, so...

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

My most wanted character is Nathan Drake, so not only is my most wanted not in Smash, he's probably never getting in either

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My most wanted character is Nathan Drake, so not only is my most wanted not in Smash, he's probably never getting in either
I mean, hey, there were those Playstation Allstars 2 rumors...

D

Deleted member

He isn't even the one who started it, somebody else quoting him brought the thread to the subject. This **** happens whenever somebody brings him up here and it's starting to get tiring.
His fault or not, it needs to stop being brought up

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

You know, for all of our disagreements I'm right there with ya' man.

Never forget Smashboards moment 37:

TPC Death.png

What a classic.

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Me IRL right now:

SMASH BROS YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS I LOVE GOSSIPING ABOUT SMASH BROOOOOSSS!!!! HE'S IN!!! SHE'S IN!!!! XE'S IN!!!! GENOFANS BTFO'D!!! I NEED MY SMASH BROS GOSSIP. I NEED IT. ALL DAY EVERY DAY 24/7 EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY HOUR OR I WILL EXPLODE. IT IS VITAL TO MY BEING. I EAT, DRINK, SLEEP, BREATHE, PEE, AND CRAP SMASH BROS. NO STAGES, NO ITEMS, NO GAMEPLAY. JUST THE ROSTER. ALL I NEED IS THE ROSTER. I DON'T EVEN OWN THE GAME, I'D RATHER PAY SAKURAI $1000 TO GIVE ME A PICTURE OF THE ENTIRE ROSTER TO HANG ON MY WALL. SMASH BROS YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! WHAT'S THE SCOOP? GIVE ME THE SCOOP. GIVE IT TO ME PAPAGENO. GIVE IT TO ME BLOCKEDCONTENT. SABI, VERGEBIN, TWITTER DUDE 248. GIVE ME THE LEAKS. GIVE ME MY FUEL. THEY'RE IN YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS THEY'RE IN THEY'RE IN THEY'REINTHEY'REINTHEY'REIN YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!!! THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY SHORT MEANINGLESS LIFE. THEY'RE IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom