• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Real conspiracy theory hours rn
View attachment 252467
inb4 it's just a convenient time to be on sale.

Think about it. What will buyers be looking for in this VGA sale? Games that are cheaper than they normally are. So if Travis Strikes Again falls into that category, people will see it on sale and it could potentially get more sales

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
if kos-mos gets in with yuki kajiura's music we are only one degree of separation from having half the anime soundtracks of the late 2000's to early 2010's represented by proxy in smash

make of this what you will

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
inb4 it's just a convenient time to be on sale.

Think about it. What will buyers be looking for in this VGA sale? Games that are cheaper than they normally are. So if Travis Strikes Again falls into that category, people will see it on sale and it could potentially get more sales
I said conspiracy theory hours you ****head. Now I'm gonna mow the lawn to earn enough money to beat your ass

D

Deleted member

NMH2 was like 10 years ago, TGA is only 5 years old
Ah, that does make a difference then. Still, the sale probably encompasses games that were incredibly well received even before the Awards. I don't mean to be a party-pooper, but I feel like people find signs in things too often. I'm just offering an explanation as to why it may be there. The No More Heroes games were always well-received even before the awards show so it wouldn't be surprising to see them on sale regardless of their release date. They're essentially Nintendo's version of 'Playstation Hits'.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
TGA is coming.
I'm thinking of 'leaving' the internet until the Game Awards in order to avoid a surprise leak. At this point a leak would be pointless.

KatKit

Smash Lord
oh my god what if we really do get that no more heroes 3 trailer and then at the end he slashes his katana in a cross and the smash cut out happens and his trailer begins oh my god oh my god
I've mentally prepared myself to crank Pleather for Breakfast on the slider to 100% for years (and Philistine at a good 90%).

There's Echoes now, so no Sir Henry Cooldown and/or Shinobu would be a huge missed opportunity. I love me some NMH. Suda has been begging Sakurai to make it happen probably as much as the fans lol.

At the very least, I'm hoping we get more NMH 3 info at the Game Awards.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I just want a No More Heroes 3 trailer if I'm lucky, but I'm blinking back tears just imagining Travis finally making it in. He's been my dream since Brawl and the character I've fantasized about making it in most over the years. Even though I haven't been vocal about it due to his seeming deconfirmation early in the cycle, he's always been up there in my most-wanted list. To see him finally get in after SUDA51 helped out Sakurai during Brawl development and after Nintendo gave the NMH series such good treatment this generation, especially with NMH3 coming... I might just break down in tears if I'm not too busy laughing.

This is gonna be one heck of an evening no matter what gets confirmed, or who. Hoo boy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've mentally prepared myself to crank Pleather for Breakfast on the slider to 100% for years.

There's Echoes now, so no Sir Henry Cooldown and/or Shinobu would be a huge missed opportunity. I love me some NMH. Suda has been begging Sakurai to make it happen probably as much as the fans lol.
I just hope Philistine is in, it'd be without vocals but I can imagine some kid going "Wowwee I like this song, I wonder how what the original sounds like" and then gets exposed to the diss track with a verse that's essentially "Travis you ****ing useless ass virgin you will never ****, no boys shall ever **** me, I'm a lesbian"

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Annnnnnnd seven sirens is delayed
Anything for a better experience, I guess.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
****, if it's actually Travis that would be awesome, and to be fair he does feel like both a Fighter 5 and a TGA reveal, but I pretty much took him as disconfirmed after those Suda comments.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
if kos-mos gets in with yuki kajiura's music we are only one degree of separation from having half the anime soundtracks of the late 2000's to early 2010's represented by proxy in smash

make of this what you will
@Tougon Homura basically confirmed?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
****, if it's actually Travis that would be awesome, and to be fair he does feel like both a Fighter 5 and a TGA reveal, but I pretty much took him as disconfirmed after those Suda comments.
That's why I don't want to get my hopes up, but at the same time I can just hear his trailer in my head, just like Joker's. Him talking **** to the audience, making jokes, calling the other competitors names while performing all his signature grapples and sword moves, plus maybe some chip attacks from TSA... Ooh, I don't want to get too excited but what a crazy reveal that would be, and super surprising considering how early he was "deconfirmed"!

Maybe newer fans don't know or understand it, but Travis is one of those long time wants.

Last edited:

Gold Lannister

Smash Cadet
I saw in one of the comments that that mii outfits leak was coming to fruition with Crash as the final fighter.

could you update me on please?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I saw in one of the comments that that mii outfits leak was coming to fruition with Crash as the final fighter.

could you update me on please?
I wouldn't put stock in that hoax tbh. And I say that as someone who really wants Crash.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
if he really breaked a skull that big he would hang it from the gates of enbarr for all to see
Nah, the only skull that be hang to the Gate of Enbarr is the Flame Emperor skull.

Everyone else skull can be just SMASH.

D

Deleted member

I've mentally prepared myself to crank Pleather for Breakfast on the slider to 100% for years (and Philistine at a good 90%).

At the very least, I'm hoping we get more NMH 3 info at the Game Awards.
All my yes. Just put in We Are Finally Cowboys and I'm sold on Travis.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Can’t wait to see how Sakurai adapts Travis’s recharging animation for good boys and girls.

andree123

Smash Ace
I'm debating how much to share but, trust me, I take no joy in being the bearer of bad news. I'll just say it is Smash related if it does happen tonight and leave it at that.
Is Fatman still speculating (most likely) or it is from a leak.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
To be fair I feel part of the innuendo there is just the camera framing, if Travis shook the saber up and down like some jackass with a soda can, it should be fine
Oh I’m not suggesting that they censor it, I think they should go all the way. Remove the metaphor and have him literally unzip his pants.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think they should go all the way. Remove the metaphor and have him literally unzip his pants.
At that point ditch the sword if his pants are gone, whip out a giant censor bar to whack people with.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Fatman has literally never been ****ing right about anything as seen when he backed Grinch and **** and he got kicked out of the insider group he claimed to be so close to, remember?
What if the record holds and this time he's wrong and this is how Geno wins

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Never played NMH before (hoping for Switch ports) but Travis looks cool as ****, so I'd be down with him in Smash.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Here's another example

https://i.4cdn.org/v/1576170433815.png

I think the KOS-MOS copyright strike is possibly legit.
How does Nintendo taking down music from Xenoblade a point in her favor if it's not for Geno?

Now, I've already explained why the SMRPG music being taken down likely means nothing (even if it was Yoko Shimomura's compositions so Square possibly has rights to the two tracks Nintendo claimed before BrawlBRSTMs got taken down - especially since one (BtFM) was in the Memoria album), but still.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom