• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
The Geno thread still thinks that is great evidence for Geno.

So he's going to get in.

Any second now.

cricket noises.
Do I think he has a pretty decent chance post pass? Yeah of course. But fighter 5/6/7? Hell no.

I'm still trying to get out of the Geno bubble of thought. So I still might be bias on how much of a chance he actually has. But 3 copyrighted songs ain't it chief.

Last edited:

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
Hey remember when those two Super Mario RPG remixes got copyright strikes for seemingly no reason and some people thought that meant Geno?
I'm getting the same energy for KOS-MOS right now
Agreed. This does bring up an interesting point though. Even if we were to assume they flagged the Geno and Banjo because the remixes were coming to smash, that was done months in advance (going under the assumption it means something). In contrast, if KOS MOS was FP 5, this would, from what I can tell, be a day before the reveal. If anything, this would signify a later release date for KOS MOS if anything. Though I'm not going to lie, the video being flagged as Mario Kart makes this takedown really sus.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
My policy is to save the celebration until after the character is revealed.

Yes, I AM an Isaac fan; how could you tell?

RetroBro

Smash Ace
The Geno thread still thinks that is great evidence for Geno.

So he's going to get in.

Any second now.

cricket noises.
I mean... suddenly copyrighting music, 20 year old OST music is definitely strange. Megalovania getting copystriked wasn't a coincidence. Alongside all the other stuff that gets copystriked and put into smash lmao.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
With the Survival trilogy complete, I wonder what new direction Tomb Raider will go with reboot Lara. It's not over and she's going to continue adventuring, but they're going to have to introduce new antagonists or bring back old ones like Jacqueline Natla. I don't expect a new Tomb Raider reveal at the VGAs, but I would lose my s*** if they announce one so soon. Maybe it could be a PS5 launch title?

Tomb Raider is the reason why I started playing video games, so Lara is one of my most wanted in Super Smash like she was for PS All-stars.

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
With the Survival trilogy complete, I wonder what new direction Tomb Raider will go with reboot Lara. It's not over and she's going to continue adventuring, but they're going to have to introduce new antagonists or bring back old ones like Jacqueline Natla. I don't expect a new Tomb Raider reveal at the VGAs, but I would lose my s*** if they announce one so soon. Maybe it could be a PS5 launch title?

Tomb Raider is the reason why I started playing video games, so Lara is one of my most wanted in Super Smash like she was for PS All-stars.
They'll bite the bullet and do Tomb Raider x Uncharted next.

D

Deleted member

"this.. this is my fault.. i'm the one who killed you, as surely as though i had wielded the keys"
dimitri tries to switch his insurance
"it's not like that, geico, i swear it..
any love i once had for state farm...has been tossed aside"

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Today is the day... the moment of truth will arrive in a matter of hours... maybe...

Gonna reiterate what I think could possibly happen, assuming we end up getting a general or Smash-focused Direct next week (since I've heard they usually come a week after an Indie Direct, which we just got a couple days ago)...
  1. We get nothing Smash-related during the Game Awards. Instead, any and all upcoming Smash info will be saved for a Direct next week.
  2. We get something at the Game Awards... but it's the reveal of Fighter 5's identity and nothing more (possibly another case like Terry where there's no gameplay shown), with everything else being saved, again, for a Direct next week.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gotta say, while I like KOS-MOS and think she whould be a fantastic addition, I don't mind her not being the final reveal. But its just way too funny seeing people react at the mere implication that she could get in, like she is a boogeyman like Steve.

Just think about it, among all the arguments people like to brag about characters getting in despite lack of recent appearances, sizes, weapons and so on, people are still hung up with the idea that if a character is niche they are impossible. Maybe she would be good if only to remove that conception and (this going to myself as well) maybe not get too hung up in the status if a franchise/character for it to get into Smash.

I still think KOS-MOS is far from a lock and that is very likely we'll get someone else, still if we get her we still have the post pass DLC.

(Plus let's be ****ing honest here, the only reson people turned on Vergeben right now just seems to be that he debunked a lot of fan favorites here. If he imply Geno or Doomguy, people would be kissing his ass right now)

D

Deleted member

(Plus let's be ****ing honest here, the only reson people turned on Vergeben right now just seems to be that he debunked a lot of fan favorites here. If he imply Geno or Doomguy, people would be kissing his ass right now)
To be fair, he's never really led a mass crusade of deconfirmations before. We really are in new territory and I'm not sure what to think of his list anymore.

NixF

Smash Cadet
Copyright claims in the past did hint about new characters though.
One of the good examples is Banjo and Sans fan remixes (which were titled as Smash-esque remixes). Both of those were months before the reveal too.

I'm not saying every copyright claim is a hint, but let's not ignore them altogether.

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
It seems like if a character isn't Doom Guy/Sora/Geno then a lot of people will treat them as a Boogeyman of sorts when it looks like they have a chance at all to be in Smash.

Says more about how narrow minded some people are than the characters themselves. The second people realized the possibility of KOS-MOS getting in over those characters existed, all of a sudden she became the Voldemort of the Smash fandom.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Welp, TGA's happening tonight, and rumors have been fuh-lying. In the end, all I know is a possible Smash reveal will make someone out there happy, even if it's a character I'm neutral on (I don't have any characters I'd flat-out hate to see in beyond 4th party), so hey. We'll see what happens.

Good luck to everyone and their most wanteds!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tonight's the night. Frogger time, baby.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Do you think some random Joe took down a video calling themselves a form of Nintendo just to get a rise out of people and crush the hopes and dreams of KOS-MOS fans? That would basically be somebody pointing out that any leak could be faked, even with the Nintendo Seal of Approval. And people have bent over backwards just to get a rise out of the community... see the Grinch Leak...

I think we're gonna get an award, and a date, but that's it. If we get a reveal and not one for something else then Nintendo is either using Smash as a crutch or going to turn this game into their Switch golden goose.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Welp, TGA's happening tonight, and rumors have been fuh-lying. In the end, all I know is a possible Smash reveal will make someone out there happy, even if it's a character I'm neutral on (I don't have any characters I'd flat-out hate to see in beyond 4th party), so hey. We'll see what happens.

Good luck to everyone and their most wanteds!
Also, good luck to Nintendo and especially Smash since it was nominated in three different category awards at the TGAs in which I highly predict that they will take the Fighting Game of the Year Award.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I thought the SMRPG songs getting taken down was suspicious at first, since they were both from Yoko Shimomura and seemed like two they’d pick for Smash, but to be honest, it seems Square isn’t really that stingy with music and it’s just because of their composers, Yoko is already on the Smash composer team and has already been working with Nintendo for the Mario & Luigi series so she seems easy to work with, and the copyrighted music was on BrawlBRSTMs’s channel, whom was already having to deal with Nintendo and trying to follow their demands before they just took his whole channel down.

Also, I believe the Banjo and Sans fan remixes were on one of the channels that were getting nuked because of leaks, but to be fair, the videos were stricken before the channel got nuked (but it was during the process), so idk...

Last edited:

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Copyright claims in the past did hint about new characters though.
One of the good examples is Banjo and Sans fan remixes (which were titled as Smash-esque remixes). Both of those were months before the reveal too.

I'm not saying every copyright claim is a hint, but let's not ignore them altogether.
So you're saying we getting ahead of ourselves and KOS-MOS is not CP5 but rather post-pass 1 or 2?

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
I can’t be bothered to look through the last 20 pages, has anything interesting happened?

D

Deleted member

I can’t be bothered to look through the last 20 pages, has anything interesting happened?
A Smash KOSMOS mod on Youtube was taken down by Nintendo due to it having "Mario Kart" content in it. Probably means nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So you're saying we getting ahead of ourselves and KOS-MOS is not CP5 but rather post-pass 1 or 2?
I could see that being a possibility TBH. And CP5 getting everyone by surprise.

I just think said character is more likely to be revealed today.

D

Deleted member

Watch Kosmos be a mii
That could work. Obviously people would prefer her as an actual character, but if she had good detail put into her Mii like Sans, then that'd be better than nothing. Still hoping for something completely out of left field that hasn't been speculated yet like Sarah Kerrigan from the Starcraft series or something.

D

Deleted member

A copyright claim of a KOS-MOS Smash mod under..........Mario Kart Tour.
Nintendo is pretty protective of their stuff even when it comes to Youtubers streaming non-modded Nintendo games; it's not too outside possibility to imagine it was taken down simnply because they didn't like modded versions of their games being shown.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
A Smash KOSMOS mod on Youtube was taken down by Nintendo due to it having "Mario Kart" content in it. Probably means nothing.
Looks like Super Smash Kart might actually be a thing after all?

/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom