• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
I just read up on the KOS-MOS mod video getting taken down, and I'm not sure if it means much. It's really weird they put Mario Kart Tour as the game for it, and if they wanted to avoid suspicion couldn't they have taken it down a little bit later, you know.. after the reveal?

She'd be a very cool addition though. I guess we'll find out really soon.

D

Deleted member

According to my source, a different one from the one who leaked Pepsi Man, Reggie will rip Geoff apart in half live on stage and then finally free Fighter #5 who was imprisoned inside Geoff.
I dunno, I don't believe it personally because it contradicts my other source(Pepsi Man cannot be sealed within a prison of flesh as shown in Chapter 4 of Pepsi Man: Coke's Revenge which would mean FP5 is someone else) but who knows.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*sigh*

4chan leaks make for great advertisements. The one with Frogger may be fake yet everyone is now memeing the character. I mean, I do get the appeal of teh character, yet I hate it when 4chan is the way to go for raising character support.
Couldn't the same be said for KOS-MOS?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
KOS-MOS' mod getting taken down is interesting, but the fact they flagged it as Mario Kart Tour gameplay really does make me think it's a coincidence provided by YouTube's lovely copyright algorithms. Likewise, similar to the Jon leak, if they wanted to prevent KOS-MOS from being revealed it would be much more logical for them to leave things in place instead of making risky moves like this.

D

Deleted member

(Pepsi Man cannot be sealed within a prison of flesh as shown in Chapter 4 of Pepsi Man: Coke's Revenge which would mean FP5 is someone else)
someone hasn't played Pepsi Man: Ideal Boyfriend

i get that ppl think it's nothing but a cheap dating sim but y'all sleep hard, one of the best visual novel stories in gaming

D

Deleted member

someone hasn't played Pepsi Man: Ideal Boyfriend

i get that ppl think it's nothing but a cheap dating sim but y'all sleep hard, one of the best visual novel stories in gaming
It's literally a plot point that a prison of flesh won't hold Pepsi Man, Coke Dude attempts to seal Pepsi Man inside Meat Beat's body, the whole chapter is basically one-sided beatdown from the inside because Pepsi Man can beat that meat like it's nothing.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
So, let's assume that the video was really about Mario Kart Tour (I know it wasn't, but let's pretend it was).

Is it now illegal to share gameplay of games or what? Why should they take down a Mario Kart Tour video? I get that technically they can do it since it's their own copyright, but I have never seen this before, Youtube is filled with gameplay videos of countless games, including Nintendo ones.

That's very odd.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
In seriousness, Smash reveal is the best case scenario. I'm leaning towards a direct announcement a la Evo, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Either way I'm pretty excited as I always have fun watching the awards and making jokes with my friends on Twitter and Discord. I'm hoping we get a super weird out-of-nowhere reveal like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 last year.

Fingers crossed for Xenosaga Trilogy HD, KOS-MOS in Smash or not. I just really like those games.

D

Deleted member

It's literally a plot point that a prison of flesh won't hold Pepsi Man, Coke Dude attempts to seal Pepsi Man inside Meat Beat's body, the whole chapter is basically one-sided beatdown from the inside because Pepsi Man can beat that meat like it's nothing.
shish did you even see the v word scene in ideal boyfriend
play the ****ing game

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The video taken down thing

Yea I’m going with coincidence nintendo has taken down videos that aren’t leaks before

Heck they may have learned their lesson from smash 4 leaks realizing if they delete videos that are really early bird stuff = it’s real which could somewhat explain why the cacodemon and mallow mii costumes videos are still up if real anyway

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

dimitri gets hit by a car, gets up, and apologizes to the driver for being in the way when they were running a red light
He then picks the driver's bloodied body off the road and calls a towtruck to pick up their destroyed car.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
He then picks the driver's bloodied body off the road and calls a towtruck to pick up their destroyed car.
bold you fool dimitri just apologized to the driver implying they're conscious and unharmed i will not stand for this violence on my seirosian message board

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I'm going to go with TeamNewman and his googly eyes tweet. That way Yooka Laylee can officially cross paths with Banjo & Kazooie!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If character 5 does turn out to not actually be KOS-MOS then all these 'hints' over the past few days will seem like the funniest set of coincidences to me.
It be the Grinch Leak 2.0 imo.

Lots of coincidence that in the end meant nothing and only raised hope for fan of those characters, only to break them all at the end.

D

Deleted member

bold you fool dimitri just apologized to the driver implying they're conscious and unharmed i will not stand for this violence on my seirosian message board
he apologized to the new addition to the voices in his head

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Watch this all being the lead up to a reveal of crossover characters showing up in Mario kart tour with Kosmos being the first.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
So, let's assume that the video was really about Mario Kart Tour (I know it wasn't, but let's pretend it was).

Is it now illegal to share gameplay of games or what? Why should they take down a Mario Kart Tour video? I get that technically they can do it since it's their own copyright, but I have never seen this before, Youtube is filled with gameplay videos of countless games, including Nintendo ones.

That's very odd.
Bold of you to assume YouTube holds any consistency when it comes to its copyright system.

andree123

Smash Ace
I hope that Kos-mos video being taken down means nothing.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I hope that Kos-mos video being taken down means nothing.
From the looks of it, it seems that Mario kart videos are being stomped out. No idea what this means for KOS-MOS.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Whether it's KOS-MOS or not, there are going to be a lot of people who've had too much contact with gnosis.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
From the looks of it, it seems that Mario kart videos are being stomped out. No idea what this means for KOS-MOS.
Verge’s sources only heard “KOS-MOS is in a game Bandai-Namco helped develop” and assumed Smash, but she was always destined for Mario Kart.

D

Deleted member

Hey remember when those two Super Mario RPG remixes got copyright strikes for seemingly no reason and some people thought that meant Geno?
I'm getting the same energy for KOS-MOS right now

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hey remember when those two Super Mario RPG remixes got copyright strikes for seemingly no reason and everyone thought that meant Geno?
I’ve come to the point to where the songs don’t mean anything because it was back in may

Droodle

Smash Lord
Hey remember when those two Super Mario RPG remixes got copyright strikes for seemingly no reason and some people thought that meant Geno?
The Geno thread still thinks that is great evidence for Geno.

So he's going to get in.

Any second now.

cricket noises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom